Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! (105874 Views)

She Rejected My Request To Date, I Moved On, Now She Wants To Move Into My Lodge / Men, I Need Your Candid Opinion If You Have Done This Before / Man Who Dumped His Ex To Marry Another, Begs Her, But See Her Reply (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by UrVillagePpl: 11:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
mhizgracie22:
Bros you're wicked o grin , there's nothing more painful than getting "thank you" or "okay" as a reply after ranting on phone or sending a long dramatic text, that shi.t hurts like hell grin

I did that recently. Aunty con the vex anyhow. I no even send am grin grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by DonroxyII: 3:53am On Jun 06, 2020
Wizywiz:
Same thing i always, ignore and overlook..no calls no chats infact i delete everything about my ex ....i was surprise to see her call earlier this year..after 5 years telling me she wish me unfruitful marriage with my wife..that i wil never enjoy any woman except her that she loved me so much that i will come back to her that she is d only one made for me...imagine after 5 years...i taught she would hav been married by now..because of the way she carries herself then...i never altered a word while she was ranting..i only allowed her finish .then i replied thank you..takia...put off the call and blocked d number again...why hasnt she gotten over me?
Market no pure for her !

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Sammie2021: 4:00am On Jun 06, 2020
mhizgracie22:
Please visit my blog for short stories and articles
https://talesbygrace..com
your site have good article
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by HughWilliams: 4:40am On Jun 06, 2020
yyba:
after collecting bride price, the next thing I had was her wedding date with another man. the parents all claimed they are not aware of the marriage. I feel like shooting the parents when they were saying all this rubbish. angry

Bros, I am very much interested in this story. Can you share the whole details if you don’t mind? Was your bride price returned? How did you people met? What went wrong?
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by vickydevoka(m): 4:50am On Jun 06, 2020
Blackmoran:
Me and one of my ex girl are still friend on facebook, I was on line this particular day saw her timeline boldly written "I DONT NEED A MAN, Am INDEPENDENT".. I my mind just shake my head, cause its been years I heard from her last... Between 15min of reading her post, she inbox me privately, starting with casual greetings, for my mind I know this is not normal.... To cut the story short , she was begging me to assist her With her school fees, that exam was approaching... I didn't even reply her I just logout....
Thank you. Tell her to ask her fellow woman. Is it a crime for a woman to assist another woman. Amy time de have a problem de will run to a man.
Where is it written on de Bible woman should not assist woman or ask woman. Abeg de ur thing jor

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by DonroxyII: 5:48am On Jun 06, 2020
NACE13:
As a man, when you have so much things to think about in this present economy, break up issue shouldn't last more than 3 days in your head, let's say a week at most.
Break up issue for 1 week ... 3days .... Nah, Nah ,nah ...

it should end that moment or worst up ... u sleep overnight and once u wake up ... it's another fresh breathe to Beautiful breeze from Mother Earth.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by oofjm: 6:15am On Jun 06, 2020
pls what is ur take on this people,my ex girl friend broke up with me and block me 5 months ago claiming that she has loose interest in the relationship and block me when trying to ask her good reason for the broke up...it hurts me so much that I blocked her as well...but to my surprise she has unblocked me back few weeks ago...I have refused to unblocked her...right choice?
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Onlydaughter(f): 6:45am On Jun 06, 2020
I broke up with my my ex because the relationship felt like I was dating myself.

He didn't have my time, always using the word "I'm busy". Whenever we have issues he doesn't mind keeping malice for weeks even months if i don't beg him. He even left the country one time and didn't tell me until he got there, his reason was that he doesn't like telling "people" when he's travelling.
I stayed in that relationship because I truly loved him and saw a good future for us.

I moved on really slowly. The malice we always had helped me get used to being without him, now I have moved on, deleted his number, unfriend him on all social media, because seeing his posts kinda reminds me of how I felt and that's a draw back. It will hurt me to see that he is happy without me, so why watch out for his posts, when I don't wish him sadness.

We are not enemies but just not friends.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by oshorstan(f): 6:51am On Jun 06, 2020
That's Maturity

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Wizywiz(m): 9:43am On Jun 06, 2020
biggy26:

Maybe your game was tight. But are you married now?
Just pray for her.
yea am married bro...she use to be a sweet and lovely lady before she turned something else i guess she was influenced...i ve never loved or shown any woman so much love the way i showed her not even my wife...she was my best friend then until she changed for bad...

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by beyondwalls: 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
Great write up. Insightful and realistic.

Please, do I have your permission to use it?

quote author=mhizgracie22 post=88253545]"I'm better off without you", "I like the woman I'm becoming". Do these statements ring a bell? Many of us have come across quotes like this on WhatsApp, Facebook and so on. Whenever we see quotes like this, the first thing that comes to mind is that the individual who posted it, just got out of a relationship.

I find it funny that after a break up, most people try to prove that they're over their exes by posting motivational quotes like the ones above or memes aimed at making their exes feel uncomfortable. For example, a girl who just got out of a relationship with a stingy guy may constantly post memes condemning stingy guys on her WhatsApp status, hoping her ex will see it and feel bad. Or a girl who just got out of a relationship with a guy who constantly ignored her, may start posting motivational quotes like "Don't force yourself on anybody", "don't settle for less", "don't stay where you are not wanted" etc immediately after the breakup.

If you really want to give your ex the impression that you're over them, posting memes and motivational quotes is not the way. The best way to do that is to act like nothing happened, and that should also reflect in what you post on your WhatsApp status or anywhere else. Post normal stuff, don't post anything relating to breakups or relationships. When you constantly post motivational quotes after a breakup, it gives your ex the impression that you're still thinking about them and that you're still hurt. But when you act like nothing happened, it makes your ex wonder if they ever meant anything to you (I'm talking from experience).

You should also avoid making your ex feel that you hate them, scientists say that our pupils dilate when we see someone we love or someone we hate, so when you hate someone, they still have an effect on you physically, mentally and emotionally. It's better for your ex to think that you've forgotten about them than to think that you hate them. I've actually met a guy who was satisfied with the fact that his ex girlfriend still hated him, he said her hatred was proof that she was not over him yet. They later got back together but the bottom line is that when you harbour hatred for an ex, it means you're not over them completely.

You may never want to get back together with them, but they still have a strong effect on you and your mood, so try as much as possible to forget, not hate. Some people might hurt you so much that you can't even control your hatred for them, take all the time you need to heal from the pain, but don't make it obvious to them that you hate them, you don't have to put on a fake smile when you see them, just be civil, avoid sounding angry or bitter. *This is just my opinion, not a fact, do whatever you think is best for you*

Note: you should only do all this if you want to give your ex the impression that you've moved on, if you want to hash out the problems between you and your ex, there is no need to act like you don't care about them anymore but play it cool so you don't seem desperate. Also, if the issue that resulted in the breakup is a very serious one, it's better to discuss it and iron it out than to act like nothing happened.[/quote]
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by oluwaseyie22(m): 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nice write up
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Yxxx: 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
Onlydaughter:
I broke up with my my ex because the relationship felt like I was dating myself.

He didn't have my time, always using the word "I'm busy". Whenever we have issues he doesn't mind keeping malice for weeks even months if i don't beg him. He even left the country one time and didn't tell me until he got there, his reason was that he doesn't like telling "people" when he's travelling.
I stayed in that relationship because I truly loved him and saw a good future for us.

I moved on really slowly. The malice we always had helped me get used to being without him, now I have moved on, deleted his number, unfriend him on all social media, because seeing his posts kinda reminds me of how I felt and that's a draw back. It will hurt me to see that he is happy without me, so why watch out for his posts, when I don't wish him sadness.

We are not enemies but just not friends.

He's not your friend. He did not respect you as a person first.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Mkingz(m): 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Word!
Gordieshegz:

To avoid preventable mistakes, an ex shouldn't be taken as a normal friend.
By normal friends, you talk often, maybe even visit.
But we must remember that feelings don't die, just dormant. And can be reactivated anytime anyday under some conditions, especially with attention through strings.

This act alone has been responsible for many married people keeping concubines with their exes, or dating people losing their new relationships because parts of them are still want to be with their exes.

Except for genetic incompatibility, if they were so good for us, why are they exes in the first place?
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Cityguy: 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
Reading this I laughed cos I can relate. One has been posting things like this recently but honestly, do exes have to be enemies? We don't have to.
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by buklarbest: 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
Laughing as I read through the pages cos I can relate with the feelings, it's not easy to get over a break up but we all have different ways of healing and moving on from a failed relationship.
I think it only a lady/guy that's not mature enough that will make it a duty or job to start posting breakup lines or whatever just to make the ex see it and get jealous or I don't know what it say mean for.

I still have four or five contacts of my exes from close to ten years ago and we are still best of friends.... we ain't supposed to be enemies cos planned to stay together and it wasn't what God planned for us.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Polynek(m): 7:26am On Feb 19, 2021
OP all dix tinx U mentioned about how to move on after a break-up is good, but I blv some lovers still break-up and remain ordinary friends and vice versa, depending wat caused D break-up. like I always say, Opinion is like a nose everybody get His/Her own
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by Polynek(m): 7:29am On Feb 19, 2021
Island01:

You sound so pained and lonely
Exactly, different measure 4 different folks
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by AlphaSoul: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
mhizgracie22:
"I'm better off without you", "I like the woman I'm becoming". Do these statements ring a bell? Many of us have come across quotes like this on WhatsApp, Facebook and so on. Whenever we see quotes like this, the first thing that comes to mind is that the individual who posted it, just got out of a relationship.

I find it funny that after a break up, most people try to prove that they're over their exes by posting motivational quotes like the ones above or memes aimed at making their exes feel uncomfortable. For example, a girl who just got out of a relationship with a stingy guy may constantly post memes condemning stingy guys on her WhatsApp status, hoping her ex will see it and feel bad. Or a girl who just got out of a relationship with a guy who constantly ignored her, may start posting motivational quotes like "Don't force yourself on anybody", "don't settle for less", "don't stay where you are not wanted" etc immediately after the breakup.

If you really want to give your ex the impression that you're over them, posting memes and motivational quotes is not the way. The best way to do that is to act like nothing happened, and that should also reflect in what you post on your WhatsApp status or anywhere else. Post normal stuff, don't post anything relating to breakups or relationships. When you constantly post motivational quotes after a breakup, it gives your ex the impression that you're still thinking about them and that you're still hurt. But when you act like nothing happened, it makes your ex wonder if they ever meant anything to you (I'm talking from experience).

You should also avoid making your ex feel that you hate them, scientists say that our pupils dilate when we see someone we love or someone we hate, so when you hate someone, they still have an effect on you physically, mentally and emotionally. It's better for your ex to think that you've forgotten about them than to think that you hate them. I've actually met a guy who was satisfied with the fact that his ex girlfriend still hated him, he said her hatred was proof that she was not over him yet. They later got back together but the bottom line is that when you harbour hatred for an ex, it means you're not over them completely.

You may never want to get back together with them, but they still have a strong effect on you and your mood, so try as much as possible to forget, not hate. Some people might hurt you so much that you can't even control your hatred for them, take all the time you need to heal from the pain, but don't make it obvious to them that you hate them, you don't have to put on a fake smile when you see them, just be civil, avoid sounding angry or bitter. *This is just my opinion, not a fact, do whatever you think is best for you*

Note: you should only do all this if you want to give your ex the impression that you've moved on, if you want to hash out the problems between you and your ex, there is no need to act like you don't care about them anymore but play it cool so you don't seem desperate. Also, if the issue that resulted in the breakup is a very serious one, it's better to discuss it and iron it out than to act like nothing happened.
+1
Re: Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! by LadyD22(f): 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2021
mhizgracie22:
Bros you're wicked o grin , there's nothing more painful than getting "thank you" or "okay" as a reply after ranting on phone or sending a long dramatic text, that shi.t hurts like hell grin

That's the worse thing you can do to me , he even said thank you my own just read my rants and ignored , 3 ppl oh , I got used to it after the second one , that one ignored me only to post trash on his status upandan , the other two just didn't reply at all , one at least tried to chat again after a week or so to look like he cared but all na wash , the very first one ignored me until I called to know if he was still alive after a month ,but I regretted it the moment I heard his voice , I think ppl don't understand how disrespectful it is to leave church before closing prayer , its the same for relationships , closure helps both ppl heal or move on faster but nooooooo it has to be a game of who will call first grin

Closure is not begging anyone to stay oh , its just an appreciation of the past both ppl spend together , but Nigerian men and closure will never be related
"I can't beg anybody to stay , she has said she want to go ehen I can't change her mind " maybe I watch too many movies that's why I have high expectations

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

With This My Package, My Boyfriend Will Never Cheat - Slay Queen (photos) / Man's Joystick Cut Off For Sleeping With A Married Woman. Photos / How To Tame And Dominate Your Wife Or Girlfriend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.