Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

My Lessons From The Green Nation - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Lessons From The Green Nation (273 Views)

The "Green, White & Red, Green" Flag (lekkimassacre) - Poem By Ifeanyi Aniekwe / The Green Herb (18)+ / The Green Vigilante : Origins. CHAPTER 7 *complete* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Lessons From The Green Nation by bons1(m): 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
Lesson from the Green Nation
on April 09, 2020

Hi! It's being a while... I'm sorry other activities has really gotten me close...
I know you may be surprised at the topic of my story. I'll be dividing it into parts. This is just the part one... So just get a place comfortable to lay your head, arm and head because it's intriguing, scintillating and rib cracking...
OK let me start by telling you something about me...
I've got my hobbies and interest but I must confess, though I went to a government school where Agricultural activities is taken as a priority for six years, my interest for Agriculture is at the minimal level most especially those that deal with plant. I have better affinity for animals so I can easily get along with animals but that doesn't mean I will let go of my hobbies. I'll rather employ the scale of preference in Economics.
I'm not of the notion that farming isn't a cool job but to be frank, the attitude developed towards farmers in the patronisation of their work is not encouraging. Looking at the stress incurred from the production of Garri (Cassava Flakes) from cassava, it isn't worth to be sold at a cheap price (based on my own ideology) and the worst part of it, you'll see some consumers who would have consumed almost a cup all in the name of tasting before purchasing. Don't be surprised when you see this people with water (to aid the digestion). Like who does that?? And the poor seller will only be looking hoping the consumer buys it but at the end the consumer will be like "it's not sour like I wanted it. I can't buy this" like seriously I bet I'm going to place terms and conditions on my garri before you start negotiations. (One of the reasons I don't do buying and selling)... OK. Enough of my story... That's a story for another day.
Back to the main gist. Corona virus pandemic got me tight. Schools had to shut down and I must follow the order-Home is my refuge. After spending about 2 weeks indoor. Dad decided we visit the farm and I was like you say what?? Don't make the holiday hell please. On the set day, dad made an announcement. I won't be going but I'll be at home to help out with the electrical works in one of the flats. My job wasn't a big one. Just to direct and supervise the main man for the job. I made an indifferent face. You don't have to show the happy face now... Just act like nothing happened. Winks.
Few minutes to the take off time, I received a heart breaking news
Continue reading at https://praisebus..com/2020/04/lesson-from-green-nation.html

(1) (Reply)

New Story - Preternatural By Author Bossbaby / Story Time / The Son Will Shine Us On Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.