Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! (118691 Views)

Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! / Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" / A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nwachi22(f): 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
Interesting. I’m here to read comments and learn.

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
Lame

6 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by whizqueen(f): 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
princealexndre:
well I see why he said You people are lonely, Someone that is not lonely cannot type all this story
Govt said we should stay at home and they would pay us $500 weekly. Please give me one reason why I should not have free time angry

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Zeinymira(f): 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
In a nutshell, both men and women are lonely in Canada.

9 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by ikaboy: 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
I can see loneliness all over her face.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by yaki84: 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
whizqueen:

IRCC is still processing applications. If you have your documents ready, submit it. Go to travel section to learn the process or check my YouTube channel, like is on my post. Goodluck
Me I love lady's where dey work o, but e dey like u r on a fast lane. Me I dey village road so we need drive carefully. What am I trying to say, am saying that ur friend is like on the same pedestal with me.
Can we begin the process of putting the nail where it belongs?
Pardon my fastness.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by katyamizotta: 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
My advice to Nigerian ladies in Canada: You do not have to be lonely. If you open your eyes you will see the men of other races are eyeing you. There may not be enough Nigerian men to go round in Canada and I understand you want someone with a similar culture, but maybe you should be more open-minded.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by doggedfighter(f): 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
Shibaraba:
Op simply justified the first thread. Like your gaptooth though
I think she gave reasons for the loneliness and also said that loneliness cuts across board so not a Nigerian ladies' thing

10 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Kingpele(m): 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
The very thing the posted but he didn't tell us that u guys are equally jobless and you have just proven that you guys over there are jobless

5 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Graysons: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nawa ooo this forum self undecided

3 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Celepope: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
I will be back to address this issue of loneliness of Nigerian ladies in diaspora
Let me start. I may be out of point but you all should pardon me. Speaking from my observation of Nigerian ladies in America from my 10 years of living in the US, , many find it difficult to find husband because of many reasons thereby leading to depression and loneliness. First, many Nigerian guys in cities like Chicago, NY city and Houston are always searching for Nigerian ladies to grace their bed and many of them don't have a bearing. Secondly, many Nigerian ladies tend to be career driven especially those in hot pursuit of wanting to become Nurses to the extent of forgetting that they can also still date while pursuing their dreams. Many of them discover too late when they might have crossed into their 30s. I dated two in this category. Now they are both making money as Nurse Practitioners and they now discover that life is boring and lonely without a man (forget anything these fake feminists and their apologist might want to say). Many Nigerian ladies during their early years are always searching for already established guys in their careers and guys that make at least 6 figures. Without considering the facts that these guys are economic immigrant that have as their major goal the need to emancipate their family back home from their plight. Also many of the so-call guys don't have legal stay and these are the ones that mostly go to religious places of worship to scavenge for ladies to prey on forgetting that these ladies are wiser. Another factor that make these ladies not to find a man out there is because an average Nigerian lady in a place like the United states and i believe Canada tend to be saucy and lack manners. They feel they are better than an average girl back home. This is corroborated by even the way and manner this OP delivered her rebuttal. i.e such statement "Some guys eventually resort to going back home to marry the less exposed girls, but guess what happens once they reach YYZ airport?" why does the OP think she is much exposed than the average Aisha, Bimbo or Ngozi in the streets of Nigeria? FYI Op you travelling out or living outside the country doesn't make you much exposed than an average girl back in Nigeria. I know ladies in Nigeria that can school you on things about Canada and they haven't even been to the international airport. My advice to ladies in Diaspora is that they should be lay back in their approach and set realistic goals in the kind of man they want. They should explore other race and people from perhaps other nationalities in Africa. They should also utilize social media in establishing contacts and if possible reconnect with friends and former classmates. Nobody knows where they can find true love. God help us all and you all should pardon my lengthy post. I don't even appreciate it.

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by KingAzubuike(f): 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
This one looks like someone that is suffering but trying too hard to patch up

15 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
Shibaraba:
This guy grin cheesy cheesy grin

[img]https://media1./images/151d940d16a2cccfc943b38211020dd9/tenor.gif?itemid=4347451[/img]

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by AnanseK(m): 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
East or West home is best.

4 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Rapmoney(m): 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
whizqueen:
My friend sent me this thread last night but I had too much to say so here we go.

I (A Nigerian girl living in Canada) will be responding to the OP's points and some other comments I found on the thread.

Are Nigerian Ladies in Canada lonely? Ofcourse we are! Are Nigerian girls in NIGERIA lonely? Hell yeah!!! Are Nigerian girls in other countries lonely? Absolutely!!!!! Being lonely is not a factor of location or person. It's about not finding the right friends/partner you vibe with.

Why did we immigrate? Bros are you kidding me? Canadian govt is paying me $2000 monthly and other benefits for losing income due to covid-19 Is that happening in Naija right now? All the money donated by philanthropist in Nigeria would soon disappear into the thin air without our govt giving explanation of any sort. Ofcourse, it's not bed of roses abroad neither were we expecting a man wrapped in a gift bag but please don't let your sentiments cloud your reasoning as to why people make immigration decisions abeg.

I personally feel attacked cry grin I recently posted a video on my YouTube Channel about finding love & online dating in Canada. It's asif this hope saw my video and wanted to attack me

What makes you think we would be interested in you to begin with? Don't pride yourself too much plis dear

If you like let the OP influence your decision and stop you from chasing your immigration dreams, last last it's up to you to decide what you want for your future.

Whilst I would agree with growing together with your partner and building with them. I think it's just shallow minded of anyone in this age and time to ask for women to chase marriage first before career. Marriage is not the ultimate not everyone sees marriage as an achievement. These days, if you crave for sex so much, you can pay someone to do it or get yourself a Love Machine, if you want a child, you can literally just buy a sperm and save yourself lots of stress. Most of us are yet to keep an open mind to these things, however if you want something badly there;s always a way to get it.

Most Nigerian men hate to see it happen, there are laws that protect women here and they would prefer dying single than to see women as their equals. A good number of them are control freaks and would rather their woman be at their beck and call for everything as opposed to having their marriage work as a partnership. Nigerian married man knowing the laws of the land will still go ahead and cheat on his wife with a girl living in the same condo with his wife. Una no even dey fear or respect una madam. If atall you really want to cheat, you cannot travel to Nigeria and secretly mess with girls that fancy IJGB crew or allen avenue. As expected, some women do exploit the situation but if you find yourself a god-fearing person and you do the right thing, no divorce laws or child custody issue would stop y'all from flourishing.

White men dont find us attractive? Laughs is Swahili
On the contrary most men of other races have FETISH for Nigerian girls and Black girls in general. Maybe not long term in all cases tho but they reaaaaaaally fancy us and admire our enthusiasm towards life. Whilst most Nigerian girls would likely not wanna go for the likes of 'Ryan', 'Billy' and co it's not cos we don't find them attractive. Firstly, Naija guys are smart, intelligent and goal oriented. You see the average ones already have plans for their future and working towards it unlike the counterparts who are comfortable with just a high school degree. If a Naija guy is even into technical jobs he would try to be the best at it and work towards starting his own company in the near future. Secondly, coping with someone with a different culture, lifestyle, food, etc is honestly stressful. I was talking with one Persian guy and he said before we can kiss or hold hands, we have to be temporarily married. undecided The other chinese guy is only about 5ft tall, I'm just wondering what he would look like in that department shocked

In Nigeria, when you visit a guy at home, some would expect you to know that's express ticket to get laid with them. But here if you visit a guy at home, you can be almost certain that if you guys have sex it's cos you wanted it, no guy will try to lure or manipulate you to straff them or tell you when you came to my house what were you thinking. They know it's important to ask for your opinion or even avoid the whole situation altogether.

Something the OP failed to address is that the Loneliness spans across both men and women living in Diaspora. Even the white people find it hard getting a partner for themselves much less an immigrant that would probably take some time to fully settle in. The system is built to have everyone mind their business, that togetherness or family-spirit is missing.

All the naija guys and ladies in Toronto have finish dating themselves. It's such a small city, everyone knows eachother thru another person only a matter of time before you find out that; the guy toasting you is ex with your colleagues' friend. Or the guy you matched with on the dating app went on a date with your housemate the day before. Some would be married and they would be on the dating apps lying to other women.

Some of us don't even mind going back home to bring men here, but 'em guys just they find paper. Only few genuinely love and care for you. I kuku know people here already do that as business tho, some ladies/guys now charge up to $30,000 to marry people from home to help them get residency here.

There are tons of Nigerians in Canada groups on WhatsApp and Telegram some are just for singles and you find people of age 35, 40, etc filled with both women and MEN. Some guys eventually resort to going back home to marry the less exposed girls, but guess what happens once they reach YYZ airport? Oh well your guess is as good as mine. Their eyes go open finish.

A good number of Naija guys are single and desperately finding love as well as ladies. Truth is, we all crave for love. And that's not a bad thing to want. Finding a good match or significant other is a honestly a game of chance. Home and Abroad, White or Black race finding a partner is truly difficult and if you got lucky finding that one special person, you better love and cherish them truly.

I rest my case; I am in the comment section waiting for someone to jump on my mention and before you do so just remember: Opinions are like as5holes and everyone is entitled to one. So this is my opinion, I have free time today grin

Link to Original thread https://www.nairaland.com/5782313/chai-nigerian-girls-canada-lonely

Leave the long story. I dey look for Canadian wife. Any connection?

11 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by yaki84: 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
lefulefu:
nigerian girls in nigeria are not lonely ooo
anyone in naija tellin u she is lonely is not being honest with u
an average naija girl will get 850 misscalls from guys
470 unread messages from whatsap
700 unread messages from facebook
1800 likes on instagram
6000 likes on facebook
and u say dat one is lonely?
lonely how? cheesy
What if all those messages r from mtn, glo, Ncdc, or banks informing them to deposit or their
Account be forfeited.

5 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Powerintoxicate: 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
whizqueen:
My friend sent me this thread last night but I had too much to say so here we go.

I (A Nigerian girl living in Canada) will be responding to the OP's points and some other comments I found on the thread.

Are Nigerian Ladies in Canada lonely? Ofcourse we are! Are Nigerian girls in NIGERIA lonely? Hell yeah!!! Are Nigerian girls in other countries lonely? Absolutely!!!!! Being lonely is not a factor of location or person. It's about not finding the right friends/partner you vibe with.

Why did we immigrate? Bros are you kidding me? Canadian govt is paying me $2000 monthly and other benefits for losing income due to covid-19 Is that happening in Naija right now? All the money donated by philanthropist in Nigeria would soon disappear into the thin air without our govt giving explanation of any sort. Ofcourse, it's not bed of roses abroad neither were we expecting a man wrapped in a gift bag but please don't let your sentiments cloud your reasoning as to why people make immigration decisions abeg.

I personally feel attacked cry grin I recently posted a video on my YouTube Channel about finding love & online dating in Canada. It's asif this hope saw my video and wanted to attack me

What makes you think we would be interested in you to begin with? Don't pride yourself too much plis dear

If you like let the OP influence your decision and stop you from chasing your immigration dreams, last last it's up to you to decide what you want for your future.

Whilst I would agree with growing together with your partner and building with them. I think it's just shallow minded of anyone in this age and time to ask for women to chase marriage first before career. Marriage is not the ultimate not everyone sees marriage as an achievement. These days, if you crave for sex so much, you can pay someone to do it or get yourself a Love Machine, if you want a child, you can literally just buy a sperm and save yourself lots of stress. Most of us are yet to keep an open mind to these things, however if you want something badly there;s always a way to get it.

Most Nigerian men hate to see it happen, there are laws that protect women here and they would prefer dying single than to see women as their equals. A good number of them are control freaks and would rather their woman be at their beck and call for everything as opposed to having their marriage work as a partnership. Nigerian married man knowing the laws of the land will still go ahead and cheat on his wife with a girl living in the same condo with his wife. Una no even dey fear or respect una madam. If atall you really want to cheat, you cannot travel to Nigeria and secretly mess with girls that fancy IJGB crew or allen avenue. As expected, some women do exploit the situation but if you find yourself a god-fearing person and you do the right thing, no divorce laws or child custody issue would stop y'all from flourishing.

On the contrary most men of other races have FETISH for Nigerian girls and Black girls in general. Maybe not long term in all cases tho but they reaaaaaaally fancy us and admire our enthusiasm towards life. Whilst most Nigerian girls would likely not wanna go for the likes of 'Ryan', 'Billy' and co it's not cos we don't find them attractive. Firstly, Naija guys are smart, intelligent and goal oriented. You see the average ones already have plans for their future and working towards it unlike the counterparts who are comfortable with just a high school degree. If a Naija guy is even into technical jobs he would try to be the best at it and work towards starting his own company in the near future. Secondly, coping with someone with a different culture, lifestyle, food, etc is honestly stressful. I was talking with one Persian guy and he said before we can kiss or hold hands, we have to be temporarily married. undecided The other chinese guy is only about 5ft tall, I'm just wondering what he would look like in that department shocked

In Nigeria, when you visit a guy at home, some would expect you to know that's express ticket to get laid with them. But here if you visit a guy at home, you can be almost certain that if you guys have sex it's cos you wanted it, no guy will try to lure or manipulate you to straff them or tell you when you came to my house what were you thinking. They know it's important to ask for your opinion or even avoid the whole situation altogether.

Something the OP failed to address is that the Loneliness spans across both men and women living in Diaspora. Even the white people find it hard getting a partner for themselves much less an immigrant that would probably take some time to fully settle in. The system is built to have everyone mind their business, that togetherness or family-spirit is missing.

All the naija guys and ladies in Toronto have finish dating themselves. It's such a small city, everyone knows eachother thru another person only a matter of time before you find out that; the guy toasting you is ex with your colleagues' friend. Or the guy you matched with on the dating app went on a date with your housemate the day before. Some would be married and they would be on the dating apps lying to other women.

Some of us don't even mind going back home to bring men here, but 'em guys just they find paper. Only few genuinely love and care for you. I kuku know people here already do that as business tho, some ladies/guys now charge up to $30,000 to marry people from home to help them get residency here.

There are tons of Nigerians in Canada groups on WhatsApp and Telegram some are just for singles and you find people of age 35, 40, etc filled with both women and MEN. Some guys eventually resort to going back home to marry the less exposed girls, but guess what happens once they reach YYZ airport? Oh well your guess is as good as mine. Their eyes go open finish.

A good number of Naija guys are single and desperately finding love as well as ladies. Truth is, we all crave for love. And that's not a bad thing to want. Finding a good match or significant other is a honestly a game of chance. Home and Abroad, White or Black race finding a partner is truly difficult and if you got lucky finding that one special person, you better love and cherish them truly.

I rest my case; I am in the comment section waiting for someone to jump on my mention and before you do so just remember: Opinions are like as5holes and everyone is entitled to one. So this is my opinion, I have free time today grin

Link to Original thread https://www.nairaland.com/5782313/chai-nigerian-girls-canada-lonely
you spent time constructing this thrash. No man can cope with a talkative woman like you troublesome and uncouth. Rubbish

53 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by ibkayee(f): 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
J111333:
Sister just dey console herself.

I didn't wanna comment on the other thread but I'll be very much active on this one.

In diaspora, naija men are after oyibo woman and naija women are after oyibo men. At the end, oyibo women na dem rush naija men but that's not the case for our naija sisters.

The truth is that they are the cause of their loneliness because average naija men will naturally go after our sisters but the rejection they face by our over ambitious sisters no be here.

By the time, oyibo men men ignore them and they retrace their steps, our brothers have moved on.

...and the reason they reject our brothers? They think our brothers need green card from them which is not always the case.
LOL

Which oyibo women are rushing naija men? Jokes aside, please explain

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by cr7lomo: 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
Feminists will go back to status quo in the end... U can't force or cheat nature

21 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by MrHandsome2013: 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
whizqueen:

can you assist me with 2k to use and fill my gas.
I have not eaten since morning because my gas is finished

6 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Jeffyblaq(m): 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
What nonsense!

It seems there's a global scarcity of news these days..

SMH!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Decryptor(m): 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
The OP's "counter thread" has damage control written all over it. grin grin

And what's more...her profile picture is solid proof about what the OP of the other thread said about "the facial disposition" of Naija ladies living in Canada and as to why men over there find then least desirable! undecided

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
whizqueen:

Thanks babe! I wish you all the best in your immigration journey. See you soon in Canada kiss

Please I'd like to know what the job market is like over there?

Like the chance of Firms hire a legal immigrant without a professional degree. Example Someone that studied science lab tech.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
All my brothers are base in Canada
Mum just went recently for visit
Because of
Corona issue she has to stay there because if she come to Nigeria she has to be isolated for 14 days
Am I was meant to write my IELTS exam on April 18
Everything suspended till further notice
Am deam tired of this country

5 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by ProudBiafran: 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
orunmila144:
everybody is lonely in canada. its a cold dark lonely depressing place with high taxes, high rent and mediocre wages cheesy

It is a place for desperate people I think

13 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by hustla(m): 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
whizqueen:
If you want you can check out my YouTube Channel, I make videos on Life in Canada and immigrating to Canada, the process, the cost and available pathways

Them say una no dey fine, and the two ladies wey dey show for the video snippet no make am at all

grin

30 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by hustla(m): 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
Shibaraba:

Lwkm
I. Swear

5 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
yaki84:

What if all those messages r from mtn, glo, Ncdc, or banks informing them to deposit or their
Account be forfeited.
try check any of ur female friends phone and u will understand what i am talking about cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Ladycewhy(f): 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
katyamizotta:
My advice to Nigerian ladies in Canada: If you open your eyes you will see the men of other races are eyeing. There may not be enough Nigerian men to go round in Canada and I understand you want someone with a similar culture, but maybe you should be more open-minded.
exactly,it's time for Nigerian women to be open to dating from other races and culture.

7 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Ayinke93(f): 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
tyup:

even if u needed me I wount help you.....yen yen yen you don't even know how to construct a meaningful sentence on a Forum

the funny thing is If ur such block headed like this down here I do really think our reputation is such in doom when u get asslicking for a Visa sad

Read all what you wrote, read it one more time, now ask yourself; have I made sense from this jargons I wrote? Afterwards sit back and think of ways to improve your life.
This is my last response to you. I don't have time for people whose brains are filled with sawdust like you.

28 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Where To Kiss And What It Means And Where To Kiss Your Love / A Girl Visited Me And I Saw This In Her Bag. Am I Safe? / Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest - Elimination Round 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.