Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,747 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! - Romance (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! (118630 Views)

Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! / Lady's Reply To "What Would You Do If Your Husband's Mum Slapped You?" / A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by culf: 5:04am On Apr 17, 2020
Rukkydelta:

It's not by the calls and messages my dear
How many actually want something real?
Out of 10 guys that will approach a Nigerian Lady only 1 will be for real

you ladies actually prefer giving attention to the guys with 'unreal' intention.

3 Likes

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by MuttleyLaff: 12:45am On Apr 20, 2020
Tallesty1:
Good evening MizMyColi

MizMyColi:
Good evening Tallesty grin

MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s0/images/MuttleyLaffsipsTea.gif[/img]

For those that dont know warris going on, that was fyi and fao things going on there between them two dear friends of mine.
Hi guys. Trust all is well with yall families and all. We are all overcomers IYN.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by MizMyColi(f): 5:45am On Apr 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Hi guys. Trust all is well with yall families and all. We are all overcomers IYN.

Heyyyy grin grin
Good to see you! cheesy

I trust you've been well.

Yes, we are overcome and it's all working out for our good.

What's IYN, though?

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by MuttleyLaff: 7:15am On Apr 20, 2020
MizMyColi:
Heyyyy grin grin
Good to see you! cheesy

I trust you've been well.

Yes, we are overcome and it's all working out for our good.

What's IYN, though?
In Yahshua's Name.
Yahshua Ha Mashiach, as in aka, Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by ovielistic: 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
loshybab:

How much tax is paid on that or on it's 2k monthly equivalence?

I hear govt go collect like $600 back.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by olalekan9320(m): 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2020
Johanneiyoha:
Ednut, am 36, with a masters and has 4yrs experience.
Ielts Lrsw:8.5,8,7.5,7.5.
Pls am I qualified for d entry.
google crs calculator to calculate your score. Last ITA score was around 470. You are very well qualified if you were below 30, you might have to learn French
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by hammed71(m): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2020
To all of you guys mocking the op looks, nay amadioha, sango and etc fall on you in Jesus name
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by loshybab(m): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
ovielistic:

I hear govt go collect like $600 back.
600 from 2k income is still reasonable to me. Afterall,you get the dividends of what you paying for. Sounds sweet to me though.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Praxtech: 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
loshybab:

600 from 2k income is still reasonable to me. Afterall,you get the dividends of what you paying for. Sounds sweet to me though.

Thanks.
Even 800 if you can see what you pay for
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by kikuyu2: 1:38pm On May 12, 2020
nellynonso:
She started well.... To all feminists who mindlessly lift foreign culture and try to force it in our society... Africa women has never been neglected � in African society. Copy copy is just worrying all of you. Even in the pre-colonial society, women had a roles just like the umuada in Igbo land. Aba women riot of 1929 would tell you how much women have been active in the running of the African Society. Go and read about how the whites treated their women in the old society, they were banned from participating in activities in society. George Elliot a female writer had to take up a Pen male name(George) so that her book can be published and read. Women were considered irrelevant and expected to stay at home and spin wool in the old western world. Stop � copying them, they’re fighting for their right. African men treat women with much love and respect ✊.

Sir,you're truly wise! This 'feminist' noise is nothing but hysterical neurotic nonsense. In Africa its brainwashed women and Oyinbos with their racist projection who believe this BS.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by kikuyu2: 1:46pm On May 12, 2020
orunmila144:
yeah people who cant make it in england or america or nigeria seem to flock there. its a weird place to be. i have been there before. just 3 days of being in that country i got depressed. i think the electromagnetic frequency in that airspace covering the country is very low.

Yes,there's secret EM waves at work but alienation is so common its near universal! Which is why a large proportion I'd say up to half of all Oyinbos are on pysch meds at one time or other depending on their health provider. The entire list of mental disorders schizophrenia,paranoia,Narcissistic personality disorders etc,etc are RAMPANT.

This is an old survey but still relevant:
Nearly half of American households have had someone seek mental health treatment this year, but many still perceive cost and lack of insurance coverage as barriers to seeking help, according to a recent national poll by APA's Practice Directorate.
https://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug04/survey
[b]Indeed, 48 percent of those polled reported a visit to a mental health professional by someone in their household this year, [/b]and more than nine out of 10--91 percent--said they would likely consult or recommend a mental health professional if they or a family member were experiencing a problem.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by brashear: 9:10am On May 26, 2020
Hi Whizqueen, I want to ask a few questions regarding your post in the dairy section. Moving from being an accountant to a data scientist

Mind if I DM?
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:57am On May 26, 2020
[quote author=safarigirl post=88265928]

Thanks so much sweetheart smiley

I'm working towards Canada by next year. Once I've settled there, I will come to this same Nairaland and put up an Advert for a Husband, let me see if they will not drop

Are there employment opportunities in the legal field for Nigerian lawyers seeking to migrate to Kaduna? Will appreciate your response.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by whizqueen(f): 2:27pm On May 26, 2020
brashear:
Hi Whiz queen, I want to ask a few questions regarding your post in the dairy section. Moving from being an accountant to a data scientist

Mind if I DM?

You can ask me your question on here. I don’t have an email linked here
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by brashear: 3:14pm On May 26, 2020
whizqueen:

You can ask me your question on here. I don’t have an email linked here
Not to appear as intrusive, I would like to know why you are switching to Data science, what was the motivation behind it? did you notice any trend?
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by whizqueen(f): 3:32pm On May 26, 2020
brashear:

Not to appear as intrusive, I would like to know why you are switching to Data science, what was the motivation behind it? did you notice any trend?
Lol when you say not to sound intrusive but you’re.

For the record, I didn’t study accounting in school. I learnt it the same way I took certification trainings in Banking and Digital marketing. I’m only exploring a new interest and I hope that answers your questions smiley

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by brashear: 3:43pm On May 26, 2020
whizqueen:

For the record, I didn’t study accounting in school. I learnt it the same way I took certification trainings in Banking and Digital marketing. I’m only exploring a new interest and I hope that answers your questions smiley

Lol I know it's an intrusive question. Yeahhh. it does. I was thinking you had a prognosis and trying to adapt asap. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Astboyfriend11: 1:19pm On May 31, 2020
whizqueen:

whizqueen...did u say u didnt study accounting in school? u think say unilorin graduate no dey here abi...aunty I still have picture of u wearing ur sky blue top..I was in finance dept while u were in accounting...no vex say I burst ur cruise we go settle the matter..lol..

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Astboyfriend11: 1:24pm On May 31, 2020
Bae ...drop ur contact na ...someone needs it for the Canada package...
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by whizqueen(f): 3:25pm On May 31, 2020
Astboyfriend11:

whizqueen...did u say u didnt study accounting in school? u think say unilorin graduate no dey here abi...aunty I still have picture of u wearing ur sky blue top..I was in finance dept while u were in accounting...no vex say I burst ur cruise we go settle the matter..lol..

I studied FINANCE not accounting Unilorin police undecided
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Praxtech: 3:51pm On May 31, 2020
whizqueen:

I studied FINANCE not accounting Unilorin police undecided

ACCOUNTING. BURSTED.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by sleekysoft(m): 9:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
HAHA.. THis thread is helpful. but i must say i miss my black women.. i haven't gone on a date or anything intimate with a black woman in 2 years.. i used be eager for white girls but mehn dem don tire me.. maybe na the kind ones wey i dey see.. but i dont mine raising a family or having a common law partner with any sensible and NEAT(CLEAN) one very important.. i cant have my house like a pig house ..lol
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by flyingpig: 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
HappyCanadian:

Please what do you mean by the bolded, kinda scared as I intend to go home and marry a clean Nigerian girl not so exposed.. I no want the ones wey don tear eyes finish

They usually come to Canada, learn that the laws places women rights above men rights. Then she will make moves to take charge of your home.

She throws the traditional values through the window, you cook and do chores as much as she does, other stuff too.

Don't bother with her promises that she won't change upon arriving Canadian soil, even me too will lie.

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by HappyCanadian: 6:19am On Jun 29, 2020
flyingpig:

They usually come to Canada, learn that the laws places women rights above men rights. Then she will make moves to take charge of your home.

She throws the traditional values through the window, you cook and do chores as much as she does, other stuff too.

Don't bother with her promises that she won't change upon arriving Canadian soil, even me too will lie.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by flyingpig: 6:41am On Jun 29, 2020
HappyCanadian:

What do you mean? I intend to go for a girl not more than 20 so as to be able to control such attitude (even though I reject that) and instruct her on the right thing to do and I believe such age bracket will be easy to groom/train and won't really pose a problem or behave in such a bad way since they are young novice that depends on you.. what do you think?

She would grow into a mature age bracket wouldn't she?

See fam, interact with immigrant Nigerians in USA and others in Canada who came back Nigeria, married a wife and brought her for her first time to western nations, they'll tell you same things I did.

I didn't take the statistics by myself but it is perceived that just less than %10 of them don't abandon the " traditional values" at one point in the marriage to go "western style" when they arrive.

It may take 5, 6 years but most of them do. I'd hate it to be your portion. But please interact with those males. They are all over Travel section. Be informed.
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by HappyCanadian: 6:49am On Jun 29, 2020
flyingpig:

She would grow into a mature age bracket wouldn't she?

See fam, interact with immigrant Nigerians in USA and others in Canada who came back Nigeria, married a wife and brought her for her first time to western nations, they'll tell you same things I did.

I didn't take the statistics by myself but it is perceived that just less than %10 of them don't abandon the " traditional values" at one point in the marriage to go "western style" when they arrive.

It may take 5, 6 years but most of them do. I'd hate it to be your portion. But please interact with those males. They are all over Travel section. Be informed.
Well till then let's see what happens
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by flyingpig: 6:53am On Jun 29, 2020
HappyCanadian:

Well till then let's see what happens

Good luck

And I'll give you your advice even though you didn't ask for it. Go for a woman WHO loves you, better if she loves you more than you do love her.

And the "I'm in Canada" introduction will buy you a fake love. Better she finds that out when she's already in love.

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by HappyCanadian: 7:00am On Jun 29, 2020
flyingpig:

Good luck

And I'll give you your advice even though you didn't ask for it. Go for a woman WHO loves you, better if she loves you more than you do love her.

And the "I'm in Canada" introduction will buy you a fake love. Better she finds that out when she's already in love.
You are right man.. kudos

1 Like

Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Juliearth(f): 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2020
whizqueen, you make complete sense, but I am more interested in how you started the process, helpful tips and stuffs like that. Can I PM you?
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Konquest: 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
whizqueen:
My friend sent me this thread last night but I had too much to say so here we go.

I (A Nigerian girl living in Canada) will be responding to the OP's points and some other comments I found on the thread.

Are Nigerian Ladies in Canada lonely? Ofcourse we are! Are Nigerian girls in NIGERIA lonely? Hell yeah!!! Are Nigerian girls in other countries lonely? Absolutely!!!!! Being lonely is not a factor of location or person. It's about not finding the right friends/partner you vibe with.

Why did we immigrate? Bros are you kidding me? Canadian govt is paying me $2000 monthly and other benefits for losing income due to covid-19 Is that happening in Naija right now? All the money donated by philanthropist in Nigeria would soon disappear into the thin air without our govt giving explanation of any sort. Ofcourse, it's not bed of roses abroad neither were we expecting a man wrapped in a gift bag but please don't let your sentiments cloud your reasoning as to why people make immigration decisions abeg.

I personally feel attacked cry grin I recently posted a video on my YouTube Channel about finding love & online dating in Canada. It's asif this hope saw my video and wanted to attack me

What makes you think we would be interested in you to begin with? Don't pride yourself too much plis dear

If you like let the OP influence your decision and stop you from chasing your immigration dreams, last last it's up to you to decide what you want for your future.

Whilst I would agree with growing together with your partner and building with them. I think it's just shallow minded of anyone in this age and time to ask for women to chase marriage first before career. Marriage is not the ultimate not everyone sees marriage as an achievement. These days, if you crave for sex so much, you can pay someone to do it or get yourself a Love Machine, if you want a child, you can literally just buy a sperm and save yourself lots of stress. Most of us are yet to keep an open mind to these things, however if you want something badly there;s always a way to get it.

Most Nigerian men hate to see it happen, there are laws that protect women here and they would prefer dying single than to see women as their equals. A good number of them are control freaks and would rather their woman be at their beck and call for everything as opposed to having their marriage work as a partnership. Nigerian married man knowing the laws of the land will still go ahead and cheat on his wife with a girl living in the same condo with his wife. Una no even dey fear or respect una madam. If atall you really want to cheat, you cannot travel to Nigeria and secretly mess with girls that fancy IJGB crew or allen avenue. As expected, some women do exploit the situation but if you find yourself a god-fearing person and you do the right thing, no divorce laws or child custody issue would stop y'all from flourishing.

White men dont find us attractive? Laughs is Swahili
On the contrary most men of other races have FETISH for Nigerian girls and Black girls in general. Maybe not long term in all cases tho but they reaaaaaaally fancy us and admire our enthusiasm towards life. Whilst most Nigerian girls would likely not wanna go for the likes of 'Ryan', 'Billy' and co it's not cos we don't find them attractive. Firstly, Naija guys are smart, intelligent and goal oriented. You see the average ones already have plans for their future and working towards it unlike the counterparts who are comfortable with just a high school degree. If a Naija guy is even into technical jobs he would try to be the best at it and work towards starting his own company in the near future. Secondly, coping with someone with a different culture, lifestyle, food, etc is honestly stressful. I was talking with one Persian guy and he said before we can kiss or hold hands, we have to be temporarily married. undecided The other chinese guy is only about 5ft tall, I'm just wondering what he would look like in that department shocked

In Nigeria, when you visit a guy at home, some would expect you to know that's express ticket to get laid with them. But here if you visit a guy at home, you can be almost certain that if you guys have sex it's cos you wanted it, no guy will try to lure or manipulate you to straff them or tell you when you came to my house what were you thinking. They know it's important to ask for your opinion or even avoid the whole situation altogether.

Something the OP failed to address is that the Loneliness spans across both men and women living in Diaspora. Even the white people find it hard getting a partner for themselves much less an immigrant that would probably take some time to fully settle in. The system is built to have everyone mind their business, that togetherness or family-spirit is missing.

All the naija guys and ladies in Toronto have finish dating themselves. It's such a small city, everyone knows eachother thru another person only a matter of time before you find out that; the guy toasting you is ex with your colleagues' friend. Or the guy you matched with on the dating app went on a date with your housemate the day before. Some would be married and they would be on the dating apps lying to other women.

Some of us don't even mind going back home to bring men here, but 'em guys just they find paper. Only few genuinely love and care for you. I kuku know people here already do that as business tho, some ladies/guys now charge up to $30,000 to marry people from home to help them get residency here.

There are tons of Nigerians in Canada groups on WhatsApp and Telegram some are just for singles and you find people of age 35, 40, etc filled with both women and MEN. Some guys eventually resort to going back home to marry the less exposed girls, but guess what happens once they reach YYZ airport? Oh well your guess is as good as mine. Their eyes go open finish.

A good number of Naija guys are single and desperately finding love as well as ladies. Truth is, we all crave for love. And that's not a bad thing to want. Finding a good match or significant other is a honestly a game of chance. Home and Abroad, White or Black race finding a partner is truly difficult and if you got lucky finding that one special person, you better love and cherish them truly.

I rest my case; I am in the comment section waiting for someone to jump on my mention and before you do so just remember: Opinions are like as5holes and everyone is entitled to one. So this is my opinion, I have free time today grin

Link to Original thread https://www.nairaland.com/5782313/chai-nigerian-girls-canada-lonely
@Whizqueen
You have an insightful post here.
Just getting to read your post and watch your video since I first saw this thread a few months back.

grin @"I feel personally attacked"
got me cracking up.

The hungry men who sell their sperms for use by single women are a huge disgrace to the us men.
Can you just imagine the audacity!

The kids (especially the boys)
born through such sperm sales arrangements would want to
know who their real fathers
are in the future. Guys always
want to know who their real biological fathers are... Not
knowing would lead to tensions.
What if in the future the kids
grow up and end up unknowingly fathering babies with their step-siblings?

Aha! So white men have a FETISH
for women of African descent
according to your post? LOL
I can't believe you wrote that
word called "fetish." shocked wink

Well it is just a "fetish or fantasy!"
A lot of them just wanna "straff" (i.e., have sex) without marriage commitment and then end up dating and marrying their own white women due to cultural
differences.

Of course there have been a couple of marriages involving white men
and Nigerian women that lasted longer - some of which I personally know. But then the best bet for y'all ladies to get a man whose ready for commitment is to widen the search back to Nigeria for legit guys, and also within the religious and Diasporan socio-cultural clubs
and ethnic associations, etc.
Dating before getting married
should not exceed 2 years because guys start losing interest if dating goes on for far longer.

Last but not least, I do agree with you that loneliness can occur across a broad spectrum of
ethnic and cultural classes in
Nigeria and the Diaspora. The
fact still remains that the men
get married more easily than
the women because the pool of men (who want to settle down) is smaller for immigrant women of
African descent in let's say
Canada or the U.S. (especially in small towns and less culturally diverse cities).

Ciao!
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 06, 2021
safarigirl:

Thank you for this response

I don't know what joy Nigerian men derive in mocking single women or singlehood.

I don't understand what kind of sadism they practice, that they constantly seek to remind Nigerian women of how worthless they are to them and to the world.

I don't understand this need to demoralize each other, because it only seems to exist within the black race.

Awww
U still on nl?
Re: Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by safarigirl(f): 10:30am On Sep 06, 2021
anastasius:

Awww
U still on nl?

Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Where To Kiss And What It Means And Where To Kiss Your Love / A Girl Visited Me And I Saw This In Her Bag. Am I Safe? / Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest - Elimination Round 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.