Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China (3552 Views)

Nigeria Receives Last Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft / Lagos Judiciary Receives New GAC GS8 SUVs / Anambra Police Receives New Helicopter For Surveillance (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by TheAviator: 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
The Nigerian Army has taken delivery of a shipment of military vehicles from the China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO).

According to local sources, NORINCO delivered the first of 17 military vehicles compromising of VT4 main battle tanks, SH5 105mm wheeled self-propelled howitzers and ST1 tank destroys.

Taking delivery of the armaments Wednesday, Army’s Chief of Policy and Plans (CPPLANS) Lieutenant General Lamidi Adeosun said Nigerians should expect more robust operations to put behind the menace of insecurity including Boko Haram, banditry and others, according to thisdaylive.com.

He said the weapons were acquired through the Ministry of Defence, adding that adequate preparations were made for maintenance and availability of spare parts.

Adeosun said: “The process of acquiring this has been on for some time but thank God they are coming in now.

“From this, you can see how serious the Federal Government of Nigeria is in making sure that the Nigerian Army is not only equipped, but contains problem of insecurity we are having across the country.

“This is being tackled with trained personnel and required equipment. What you are seeing here is just a tip of the iceberg. Others are still coming but it is very important that we all see that both the military and the government are really very serious to tackle the security problems across the nation.”

Asked where the armaments were acquired from, Adeosun said they were brand new weapons from China, adding “they are in different categories- heavy tanks, light tanks and we also have two types of artillery weapons, all from China. They have the latest technology in tanks and armament.

“The first set of 15 40-foot containers that were offloaded before today were made up of spareparts and accessories of all these equipment.

“So, those ones are already out of the port and on their way to their destinations. Just as we are here, most of these ones will move to their respective destinations as well.

“Those who will operate them have been trained in China. If not for the lockdown occasioned by the COVID-19, we expected some of their trainers to join us here to train more people.

“From the army, expect more robust operation to put behind us the menace of insecurity, that of Boko Haram, bandits among others.”

Source: https://defence--blog-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/defence-blog.com/army/nigeria-receives-vt4-main-battle-tanks-from-china.html/amp

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by GamalNasser: 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
I am loving the self propelled 105mm artillery piece I see in the last picture , that equipment looks like it can bring the edge to the battle field if you know how to drop advance fire using accurate coordinates from reliable spotters and then allow the MBT closely followed by infantry to occupy the space and then bring the 105s forward again to the newly secured territory and repeat again .

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by nijiatech78: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
All Na wash wash.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by Nwachitext(m): 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
Boko Haram will collect it from them soon

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by sunnyanet(m): 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
China made, if you know you know
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by GamalNasser: 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nwachitext:
Boko Haram will collect it from them soon

If they know what they are doing with those equipment I see there Boko Haram should be a thing of the past ..Add me 5 attack helicopter to this mix and I secure the entire Borno is 6 weeks pushing Boko Haram into Chad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by klever18(m): 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
Wear nose masks but no social distancing with them chinko
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by Fireflare: 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
How much is it?
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by sapientia(m): 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
I hope they won't just and park it somewhere in the North East and be waiting for Boko Haram to attack them so they can repel.

When will our Army be completely out for offensive.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
GamalNasser:

If they know what they are doing with those equipment I see there Boko Haram should be a thing of the past ..Add me 5 attack helicopter to this mix and I secure the entire Borno is 6 weeks pushing Boko Haram into Chad

You do have a bit of sense when not hating blindly.

@TOPIC.

Good development but will these addition to our armory be fully deployed against Boko Haram considering many at the top of our political and military hierarchy favour a rehabilitatiin approach rather than all out attempt to wipe out these terrorists?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by Eteka1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 09, 2020
Now we are talking. Very cool.

I think we should also try and acquire some Multiple Launch Rocket Systems for the NA.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by kellidoo(m): 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2020
Ordinary Landmine touch this one......they will start speaking in tongues.......
China gradually taking possession of Nigeria Economy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by whitebeard(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
GamalNasser:
I am loving the self propelled 105mm artillery piece I see in the last picture , that equipment looks like it can bring the edge to the battle field if you know how to drop advance fire using accurate coordinates from reliable spotters and then allow the MBT closely followed by infantry to occupy the space and then bring the 105s forward again to the newly secured territory and repeat again .

I will need tacticians in the future..! Like some major purging...will u join us..! smiley For the betterment of our dear country
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by GamalNasser: 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
whitebeard:
I will need tacticians in the future..! Like some major purging...will u join us..! smiley For the betterment of our dear country

Sure if I am not too old by then boss grin grin
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by iammo(m): 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2020
cool
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
I hope they don't end up in the hands of Boko Haram. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by psucc(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
GamalNasser:

That's in sane nations!

Here, Boko haram is a mute billion dollar industry.

So many rode on blood to wealth

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by JAOS(m): 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2020
with this boko haram and IPOB will be crush
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by ThatFairGuy: 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
Good development. Let this BH boys smell themselves. Our army ought to be offensive and stop being DEFENSIVE.
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by ThatFairGuy: 3:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
At bolded, can you withstand them cheesy cheesy cheesy cos they're coming for u
JAOS:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by calabaman(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hoping this does not fall into BH hands.

I don't trust our government and army lads.
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by donbachi(m): 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
No be to get big priick...na to use well and make e bring out pikin.
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by Biafrarep(m): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
JAOS:

Another ozu nwuru anwu on the lose. Is IPOB armed? Ordinary Boko Haram is disgracing you guys yet you want to add to your troubles.

I will advise these guys to kindly hand over these tanks to the Chadian army otherwise it won't be long before we start seeing it in the hands of Boko Haram.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by Xisnin(m): 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
These people will never learn.
Why will they buy a 5G battle tank from China?

Over to you Pastor Chris.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by slimfit1(m): 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
You need combat helicopters they don't listen eh.
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by slimfit1(m): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
Fighting people you can't see. Deploying this things without a drone is going to be another waste of money.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
GamalNasser:

Reject sai babarism
Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by GamalNasser: 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
imhotep:

Reject sai babarism

I reject it IJN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by lordm(m): 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
Get armed drones

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2020
GamalNasser:

I reject it IJN
Amen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Receives New VT4 Main Battle Tanks From China by TheAviator: 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
Eteka1:
Now we are talking. Very cool.

I think we should also try and acquire some Multiple Launch Rocket Systems for the NA.
They have a few already.

It would be good if they procure some Katyushas

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia Has Taken Niger. Can Nigeria Handle An Impending Proxy War In Niger? / For Those Who Doubt That Buhari Is A Religious Bigot. See For Yourselves / Permanent Voters Card (PVC) Collection In Lagos. Report Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.