Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S (84484 Views)

Nigerian Men Speak On Dating Abroad / Filipina Woman Claps Back @ Black American Women Over Black Men Dating Abroad / Wife Of Nigerian Doctor Arrested For Having Sex With Her Student In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by SweetCunt97(f): 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
zexy2030:

But some women can be so lazy, that they will leave it as ur job, especially if she earns more than you. So nauseating attitude.
Naaaa, that's bad. If so, they ought to get a help

1 Like

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by zexy2030(m): 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Naaaa, that's bad. If so, they ought to get a help
getting a help is another topic entirely, if I may ask what type of help would u recommend, male or female and how old?
Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by SweetCunt97(f): 1:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
zexy2030:

getting a help is another topic entirely, if I may ask what type of help would u recommend, male or female and how old?
Personally I grew up with both male and female helps... Male helps definitely a no no if the couple got daughters. So female who goes and comes is ideal.

4 Likes

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by zexy2030(m): 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Personally I grew up with both male and female helps... Male helps definitely a no no if the couple got daughters. So female who goes and comes is ideal.
hmmmm.
Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
Umm. Deleted. undecided
Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
Kweensavvy:
Lol OP this issue has been over flogged okay?

This thread is more intelligent and helpful than any other thread that has been raised on this Issue.

The writer is not only intelligent but has high IQ which is evident from his style of writing and choice of words.

Allow others to read and acquire knowledge.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2020
missimelda01:
But wait, why is love and relationship this complicated? If you're in Nigeria, problem.. out of Nigeria, problem undecided

In the midst of all this brouahah, there's still someone out there meant for you.

The answer is unrealistic expectations..

10 Likes

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by HeavenlyCherub(f): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
Crispels:

Wow! What an experience you’ve had. I honestly admit the fact that some Nigerian guys here have a history of messing up women which is terribly bad. They always think it’s smartness but to me it’s wickedness. They only make things difficult for innocent people. I’m sorry about all that happened sis and I pray you get to heal from all of these. There are innocent Nigerian guys who would forever appreciate this kind of support from a Nigerian babe but with stories like that - they will find it difficult. Nigerian men needs to do better. Many Naija guys here have messed up with black American women in the name of settling down and that has also not really been helpful to our image out there. If you don’t like someone or you don’t see a wife in such person, just let her be! COMMON!!!!!

Although, I’ve also seen cases where Naija guys filed for the green card of their babes from Naija - only for these babes to turn against them after they got what they wanted. Some of them even got divorced and the guys were ruined forever. We all need to do better.

Thank you for seeing my perspective. A lot of women have been abused, used. That is why they’re afraid of people new to the US. Majority will want to be supported or want a green card.

If you want this support just find someone you genuinely love and don’t hurt people for your own gain.

25 Likes

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
I enjoyed your writing.

7 Likes

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
Naughtysite:

This thread is more intelligent and helpful than any other thread that has been raised on this Issue.

The writer is not only intelligent but has high IQ which is evident from his style of writing and choice of words.

Allow others to read and acquire knowledge.

True.

5 Likes

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Crispels(m): 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2020
smiley cry undecided sad

6 Likes

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by daddytime(m): 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2020
Okay
Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by 9jayes: 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nawah o
Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by wink2015(m): 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
Crispels:
I have gone through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5782313/chai-nigerian-girls-canada-lonely/5 , its comments and the response it got from a Nigerian -Canadian lady. I was able to relate to so many of them - being a Nigerian student in the United States. Hence, the need to give my perspective.

(1). ALMOST ALL “FRESH OFF THE BOAT” IMMIGRANTS ARE LONELY

Contrary to the perception that was created on the other thread that Nigerian ladies in Canada are lonely, loneliness knows no sex. It hits both men and women - particularly those who are fresh immigrants.

(2). MANY NIGERIAN GIRLS ABROAD SET UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS(THE KIND OF GUY THEY WANT)AT A YOUNG AGE.

I have met with several Nigerian - American girls here and even international students who came from Nigeria. In the course of my interactions with them, I noticed a pattern of behavior, most of the Nigerian girls(both Nigerian - Americans and Nigerian foreign students) who are below the age of 24 always have an ‘image’ of the guy they want. Many(do take note that my choice of words are MANY/MOST and not ALL) of them will always tell you that “he has to be very handsome, rich, tall, sociable (which could also mean a party freak/a guy who loves binge drinking). They will also tell you that he has to be responsible, and many more, according to them”. When you however delineate all of these requirements, you will realize that they are unrealistic. It is hard to find a guy who possesses all of these qualities at the same time - and even when you luckily get to meet one of such- the reality could be: he is already in a relationship, he does not like you or there is no connection between the two of you.

More so, expecting a Nigerian guy(particularly a foreign student) to have it all figured out( be rich, handsome, sociable, this and that) at the age of 22 is insane.

Many of these girls continue to view guys from this prism of expectations until when they clock 25years plus and reality begins to set in. They will now start realizing that their initial expectations are not logical. They will discover that the rich, tall, sociable and handsome guy they wanted at the age of 20 could be a cheater while the struggling guy who they looked down on during their Junior year in college could now be earning 7figures - just three years after they looked down on him. Life is a process and we all are still growing. It is better to look out for potentials, hunger for success, drive and discipline instead of creating unrealistic checklists at a young age. Many of these girls(and even guys) set their expectations based on what they see on social media - ignoring the fact that the reality of Davido and Chioma or Beyoncé and Jay Z is unlikely to be your own reality. By the time many people realize life does not work according to certain checklists, they would have lost some years and funny enough - the guy or girl they probably looked down on earlier could now be their dream partner albeit too late.

(3). THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN ABROAD PREFERS TO MARRY A FELLOW NIGERIAN BUT THINGS SOMETIMES CHANGE DUE TO HURTFUL EXPERIENCES

When I first arrived in the United States, it was easier for me to interact with Oyinbo girls than most Nigerian-American/Nigerian girls. Most(not all) of the Nigerian girls I met here were so evasive and arrogant then. This was a time I needed a lot of help - in terms of settling down, making new friends, staying connected to my roots and stuff like that. I never even thought of dating anyone then - I just wanted good friends in a foreign land but many of the feedback I got made it seem as if I was trying to “shoot a shot” and I should stay off them. In fact, on many occasions, it’s either my messages(some as innocent as: “Hello, please, which of these stores is the most reliable grocery store in this neighborhood)”? or my greetings were ignored or I was completely ghosted. Some of them even described me as a “FRESH OFF THE BOAT” guy who they don’t want to be friends with.
I found it somewhat sad because many of these privileged Nigerian kids are children of Nigerian immigrants who were also once foreign students that even worked as cleaners, drivers and the likes when they first arrived in the US before they eventually settled down to become Doctors, Engineers, Businessmen, etc. So, watching some of their kids act cocky towards a ”newly arrived Nigerian” was sad - because the struggles he/she is facing now were what their parents faced 20-30 years ago. While I was struggling to settle down, I got more support from foreigners - there were Americans who took me to different stores, taught me how to use the city transportation system, how to save cost and adjust to the American society and system. These were some of the forms of support I needed from my Nigerian sisters(NOTE : over 98% of the Nigerians I saw upon resumption are females).

On the other hand, there were girls from North African countries and other parts of the world who love Nigerian guys die. Kudos to our music industry: many foreigners love/rate Nigerian guys due to our afro beat artistes and our love for dance/faajii, big weddings and surprisingly - the way we treat our women. These foreign babes bought me unsolicited gifts and offered to pay for my food(which I stubbornly refused) on numerous occasions. In fact, there was an American friend that unsolicitedly cooked for me during Thanksgiving period - she cooked it in her family house, drove down to my apartment and gave it to me. Thus, if I was so desperate to date anyone at that time, it would definitely have been a foreigner.

Yet, I continued to love and support my Nigerian sisters and the Nigerian community. In fact, deep inside of me, I continued to convince myself that when the time is right - I would rather date and marry a Nigerian girl as opposed to any other nationality. This was despite the fact that I was friends with just only one Nigerian(she’s Nigerian - American) girl at that time - who was already dating a Caribbean guy and I was equally not even searching for a girlfriend at that time.

The reality here is: most guys are not that patient to wait for a Nigerian babe or tolerate such hurtful experiences. Many would have gone for the Oyinbo girls or any other foreigner who treated them nicely even if they had planned to date a Nigerian ab initio.

(4). WE SHOULD ALL BE REALISTIC AND STAY TRUE TO OURSELVES.

Looking for ready made girls or guys at a young age is one of the major reasons behind loneliness among Nigerians in the diaspora. The fact that a guy or a girl just arrived the US/Canada(to study) from Lagos or Onitsha today - with a heavy accent, awkward dressing, low bank account balance, etc... does not mean he cannot be as smart, sociable, and successful as Obama in a few years. If there is one thing I know about we Nigerians, it’s that: virtually all of us have great potentials and we desire greatness in life. We are very ambitious and we are willing to give all it takes to achieve our dreams - howbeit the stifling environment in Naija is usually a great hindrance to our successes. Nevertheless, we are all in the process of becoming who we hope to be. Thus, while we endure this process: why can’t we all just be realistic, support each other to be better individuals, achieve phenomenal successes together and serve as a beacon of hope to those who look up to us back home in Nigeria?
[/b]Why must we make major life decisions like relationships based on mostly unrealistic checklists when we both can evolve together to meet the desires of our heart and soul? [b]
We should not focus on what only pleases our eyes but what satisfies our heart and soul - that is what makes long lasting relationships. Beauty will fade. Money will fail at some point but what will make it last, forever is: character, strength, discipline and love of God.

[/b]Eventually, most of the girls who treated me badly when I first arrived here later wanted us to be friends after they read, saw or heard some things about me. While I will forever love my Nigerian sisters, coalescing around guys only when they look like what you want should not be so. Life does not work that way. Anybody could rise! There are potentials in every corner of the world. What people need are opportunities and when these opportunities meet potentials, preparations, hard work and the grace of God - greatness is inevitable.[b]

As Nigerian men abroad, we must love and respect our women. We must treat them as priorities - come what may! We must also support and cherish them because they embody our beauty, greatness and strength. Our Nigerian sisters must also realize that Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge was not built in a day - it took years of efforts, investments and transformation for it to become the darling of our Nollywood movies. In other words, that a guy does not entirely look like it today does not mean he will never get there. So far he has the potentials, he can even be more - with time and hard work, he can be way more than your unrealistic checklist. Can we now start looking at the heart and not the checklist?

This O.P writes from +1412, United States of America.

How are you coping with convid 19
Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Aboguede(m): 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
grin

2 Likes

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by IMASTEX: 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
Studying your own submission
Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by safarigirl(f): 10:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
Funny how most of the points here, are also reflected in the Nigerian society in Nigeria

I can't wait to go abroad and be avoided by all the Nigerians. I think I've had enough of them, even from here

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by anonymous1759(m): 10:08pm On Apr 10, 2020

You can't eat your cake and have it. That's the Summary of the entire write up. On the other hand never let anyone use you as a plan B. If you don't accept me for who I'm today, don't expect me to accept you when I become the man of your dreams tomorrow it's that simple.

If there's one thing I cherish from a lady is loyalty any foreigner who treats Me like a brother or boyfriend is my bae, any Nigerian girl that treats me like a stranger she's automatically a stranger if you don't show me love done expect me to reciprocate it.

Religion, ethnicity, race, nationality etc.. Are all tools to divide us, what really matters is the individual's soul, so don't over look someone that gave you all the love when you're in need and give a modafuckers a second chance because you share the ethnicity or Nationality.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Joefat: 10:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
I've a lot in my head right now. New 17 covid 19.. Possibility of two weeks indoor again. And u are bring this on my table. Pls next..

2 Likes

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by GreatResearcher1: 10:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Crispels:
I have gone through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5782313/chai-nigerian-girls-canada-lonely/5 , its comments and the response it got from a Nigerian -Canadian lady. I was able to relate to so many of them - being a Nigerian student in the United States. Hence, the need to give my perspective.

(1). ALMOST ALL “FRESH OFF THE BOAT” IMMIGRANTS ARE LONELY

Contrary to the perception that was created on the other thread that Nigerian ladies in Canada are lonely, loneliness knows no sex. It hits both men and women - particularly those who are fresh immigrants.

(2). MANY NIGERIAN GIRLS ABROAD SET UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS(THE KIND OF GUY THEY WANT)AT A YOUNG AGE.

I have met with several Nigerian - American girls here and even international students who came from Nigeria. In the course of my interactions with them, I noticed a pattern of behavior, most of the Nigerian girls(both Nigerian - Americans and Nigerian foreign students) who are below the age of 24 always have an ‘image’ of the guy they want. Many(do take note that my choice of words are MANY/MOST and not ALL) of them will always tell you that “he has to be very handsome, rich, tall, sociable (which could also mean a party freak/a guy who loves binge drinking). They will also tell you that he has to be responsible, and many more, according to them”. When you however delineate all of these requirements, you will realize that they are unrealistic. It is hard to find a guy who possesses all of these qualities at the same time - and even when you luckily get to meet one of such- the reality could be: he is already in a relationship, he does not like you or there is no connection between the two of you.

More so, expecting a Nigerian guy(particularly a foreign student) to have it all figured out( be rich, handsome, sociable, this and that) at the age of 22 is insane.

Many of these girls continue to view guys from this prism of expectations until when they clock 25years plus and reality begins to set in. They will now start realizing that their initial expectations are not logical. They will discover that the rich, tall, sociable and handsome guy they wanted at the age of 20 could be a cheater while the struggling guy who they looked down on during their Junior year in college could now be earning 7figures - just three years after they looked down on him. Life is a process and we all are still growing. It is better to look out for potentials, hunger for success, drive and discipline instead of creating unrealistic checklists at a young age. Many of these girls(and even guys) set their expectations based on what they see on social media - ignoring the fact that the reality of Davido and Chioma or Beyoncé and Jay Z is unlikely to be your own reality. By the time many people realize life does not work according to certain checklists, they would have lost some years and funny enough - the guy or girl they probably looked down on earlier could now be their dream partner albeit too late.

(3). THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN ABROAD PREFERS TO MARRY A FELLOW NIGERIAN BUT THINGS SOMETIMES CHANGE DUE TO HURTFUL EXPERIENCES

When I first arrived in the United States, it was easier for me to interact with Oyinbo girls than most Nigerian-American/Nigerian girls. Most(not all) of the Nigerian girls I met here were so evasive and arrogant then. This was a time I needed a lot of help - in terms of settling down, making new friends, staying connected to my roots and stuff like that. I never even thought of dating anyone then - I just wanted good friends in a foreign land but many of the feedback I got made it seem as if I was trying to “shoot a shot” and I should stay off them. In fact, on many occasions, it’s either my messages(some as innocent as: “Hello, please, which of these stores is the most reliable grocery store in this neighborhood)”? or my greetings were ignored or I was completely ghosted. Some of them even described me as a “FRESH OFF THE BOAT” guy who they don’t want to be friends with.
I found it somewhat sad because many of these privileged Nigerian kids are children of Nigerian immigrants who were also once foreign students that even worked as cleaners, drivers and the likes when they first arrived in the US before they eventually settled down to become Doctors, Engineers, Businessmen, etc. So, watching some of their kids act cocky towards a ”newly arrived Nigerian” was sad - because the struggles he/she is facing now were what their parents faced 20-30 years ago. While I was struggling to settle down, I got more support from foreigners - there were Americans who took me to different stores, taught me how to use the city transportation system, how to save cost and adjust to the American society and system. These were some of the forms of support I needed from my Nigerian sisters(NOTE : over 98% of the Nigerians I saw upon resumption are females).

On the other hand, there were girls from North African countries and other parts of the world who love Nigerian guys die. Kudos to our music industry: many foreigners love/rate Nigerian guys due to our afro beat artistes and our love for dance/faajii, big weddings and surprisingly - the way we treat our women. These foreign babes bought me unsolicited gifts and offered to pay for my food(which I stubbornly refused) on numerous occasions. In fact, there was an American friend that unsolicitedly cooked for me during Thanksgiving period - she cooked it in her family house, drove down to my apartment and gave it to me. Thus, if I was so desperate to date anyone at that time, it would definitely have been a foreigner.

Yet, I continued to love and support my Nigerian sisters and the Nigerian community. In fact, deep inside of me, I continued to convince myself that when the time is right - I would rather date and marry a Nigerian girl as opposed to any other nationality. This was despite the fact that I was friends with just only one Nigerian(she’s Nigerian - American) girl at that time - who was already dating a Caribbean guy and I was equally not even searching for a girlfriend at that time.

The reality here is: most guys are not that patient to wait for a Nigerian babe or tolerate such hurtful experiences. Many would have gone for the Oyinbo girls or any other foreigner who treated them nicely even if they had planned to date a Nigerian ab initio.

(4). WE SHOULD ALL BE REALISTIC AND STAY TRUE TO OURSELVES.

Looking for ready made girls or guys at a young age is one of the major reasons behind loneliness among Nigerians in the diaspora. The fact that a guy or a girl just arrived the US/Canada(to study) from Lagos or Onitsha today - with a heavy accent, awkward dressing, low bank account balance, etc... does not mean he cannot be as smart, sociable, and successful as Obama in a few years. If there is one thing I know about we Nigerians, it’s that: virtually all of us have great potentials and we desire greatness in life. We are very ambitious and we are willing to give all it takes to achieve our dreams - howbeit the stifling environment in Naija is usually a great hindrance to our successes. Nevertheless, we are all in the process of becoming who we hope to be. Thus, while we endure this process: why can’t we all just be realistic, support each other to be better individuals, achieve phenomenal successes together and serve as a beacon of hope to those who look up to us back home in Nigeria?
[/b]Why must we make major life decisions like relationships based on mostly unrealistic checklists when we both can evolve together to meet the desires of our heart and soul? [b]
We should not focus on what only pleases our eyes but what satisfies our heart and soul - that is what makes long lasting relationships. Beauty will fade. Money will fail at some point but what will make it last, forever is: character, strength, discipline and love of God.

[/b]Eventually, most of the girls who treated me badly when I first arrived here later wanted us to be friends after they read, saw or heard some things about me. While I will forever love my Nigerian sisters, coalescing around guys only when they look like what you want should not be so. Life does not work that way. Anybody could rise! There are potentials in every corner of the world. What people need are opportunities and when these opportunities meet potentials, preparations, hard work and the grace of God - greatness is inevitable.[b]

As Nigerian men abroad, we must love and respect our women. We must treat them as priorities - come what may! We must also support and cherish them because they embody our beauty, greatness and strength. Our Nigerian sisters must also realize that Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge was not built in a day - it took years of efforts, investments and transformation for it to become the darling of our Nollywood movies. In other words, that a guy does not entirely look like it today does not mean he will never get there. So far he has the potentials, he can even be more - with time and hard work, he can be way more than your unrealistic checklist. Can we now start looking at the heart and not the checklist?

This O.P writes from +1412, United States of America.
Bro or lady, you should be more concerned about the coronavirus and your studies and not relationship.

1 Like

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by safarigirl(f): 10:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
SweetCunt97:
exactly.

Female help, preferably someone in her forties. Comes in the morning, just after everyone leaves for work, leaves within hours, before everyone is back.

Some people hire cleaning companies to do their chores while they are away. So many things that can be made easier, are unnecessarily made complicated.

Couples that should be spending scarce time, to enjoy each other's company, especially when kids are in the mix, will be using it to argue who sweep, who no sweep, who go cook, who no gocook. By the end of the day, everyone is exhausted, when will such a couple spend quality time? In their dreams?

Marriages are becoming strained because priorities are being messed up, little things are getting so much unnecessary attention, while important stuff is ignored

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by tydi(m): 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2020
My own is that I'm setting down with a white woman and nothing is stopping me.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Aboguede(m): 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2020
Crispels:

Lol. No vex. I’m only trying to share my experience. I know a lot of people will find it helpful. I also found the previous threads helpful - so I decided to also add to the conversation.

All of u just wan show off

I am in America

I will not even travel to America on a free ticket
Especially like most of u hustlers grin

Asylum immigrants hahahha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Incandescent(m): 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2020
@Crispels

You're so full of wisdom which is something thats lacking on this platform.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your submission and I love the fact that you were not biased. We need to be able think beyond our nose and that's what you just did up there. Good job

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Joefat: 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
I've a lot in my head right now, new 17 cases if covid 19. Possibility of two weeks indoor, foodstuff for common man about to get out of reach, audio palliative all around.. And u are bringing this to my table.. Pls next.

1 Like

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by ipobarethieves: 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2020
sad
Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
A good read
Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Jaqenhghar: 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
Anyone who leaves his home becomes lonely

6 Likes

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by ORBLIGHTS(m): 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
STILL ON TO THESE FLIBBERTIGIBBETS
Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by leonard002(m): 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
The truth is relationships are the most complicated things ever.

Nobody has a straight foolproof theory about relationships and how they work and how to make them work.

Relationships are not science or math.

In reality, even if you follow a hundred percent all the advice written by the author and by millions of other authors on relationships, dating and marriage there is no guarantee that you're going to get the best of results.

There is no guarantee that the other party will be in the same reasoning frequency with you and cooperate with you.

It's just how complicated human beings are in interacting with one another.

Sometimes we get lucky and find the best but a lot of times we are unlucky and all we get is a big bucket of heartbreak.

The truth is we should keep trying. We learn from our lessons and move on with all hope and optimism. We should keep being good and nice without prejudice.

With a bit of luck and a bit of preparedness, perhaps we may meet the 'perfect' person and live happily ever after.

That's life for you.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by jericco1(m): 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
Life is much more difficult than the game of chess

1 Like

Re: Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S by Greatzeus(m): 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
Anybody can write anything from anywhere and claim anything.
Expect more of similar threads in the coming days. Whether you writing from Canada or US or a one room crip in Okokomaiko grin, just stay safe. Corona is real and it's moving about looking for whom it will devour.
#Stayhome #Staysafe

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Nneka Onuorah & Brianna Lesbian Wedding: Nigerian TV Producer To Marry In August / Romancelanders Voicenote Thread...... / When You Are Dating A Stingy Man [see Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.