Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) (24232 Views)

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? / Sex On Good Friday / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by chiemmanuel(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2020
xrayj:

This ur moniker reminds me of brutality for Mortal kombat Sega lol
scorpion brutality
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by femi4: 9:19am On Apr 10, 2020
ogbuefi677:

Your hypocrisy is nauseating.So you agree fasting on some days is justified but abstinence from meat on some days is not?
Since you obviously aren't a catholic,why not ignore and move on?
You shouldn't condemn everything you don't understand.
Live and let live!
Na your type de throw bomb
Food is food, meat or fish. You are not fasting if you eat one and not eating the other. That's not fasting, stop being a folly and spiritual illiterate at the same time
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Peace1993: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2020
helinues:
Mtcheeew..

Imam no hungry ni.. If hungry wire his head, him go ask for pork meat
Your major problem that I just discover with regards to your comment is your 'poor knowledge of Islam'

1 Like

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by chukkysnow: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2020
Ruby5:
CATHOLICS DON'T EAT MEAT ON THE GOOD FRIDAY.

Evangelist Timothy Ofoegbu explains why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skaVrzUV5A
there is nothing like happy good friday.it is a day of sorrow not joy.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by BABANGBALI: 9:38am On Apr 10, 2020
How many Nigerians even eat meat in this Buhari's government
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by prestige101: 9:45am On Apr 10, 2020
If they can "honor" Mary, what else can't they do....?
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by luwiizy(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2020
All I see is brainwashed followers who cannot learn for themselves....

Christ died to set you free from all these organic ritual....

Because of your slavery mentality you took yourself back to chains....

You can never know God if you keep doing what others think is right....

Because what is right or righteous to you can be foolish in the sight of God...

Catholic priest and all other G.Os of these world keeps their followers in chains, without that there wount be relivant....

BLACKMAN AND SLAVERY 5&6 E NO GO END.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by EngrchidiG25(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2020
Church and doctrine
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by IsaacRocks(m): 9:56am On Apr 10, 2020
masterflowx:

I don't know whether you notice something on this Nairaland Forum. Before you comment on Muslim post on friday, they will ask you whether you're a Muslim and if your answer is NO. You won't be able to comment on the post.
It obvious Nairaland is partial.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Lewisalexander(m): 9:57am On Apr 10, 2020
saintokwuluora:

Read the truth and it is the key to freedom from doctrines of the devil.

What truth? They truth the white man told you? Smh lol
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Lekison(m): 9:58am On Apr 10, 2020
I will rather follow a commandment from God than a commandment from church and so far the Bible did not forbid eating meat on any day, am good to go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by saintokwuluora(m): 10:05am On Apr 10, 2020
Lewisalexander:

What truth? They truth the white man told you? Smh lol
Truth has no colour bro, it is as clear as day light except when one wants to be blind to it.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by BIAFRAisBURIED: 10:06am On Apr 10, 2020
BeerParlour:

Muhammedians pig

I am a Christian not a catholic

Show me in the Bible where it is written
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by HRMK: 10:07am On Apr 10, 2020
ITS NOT ONLY ABT CATHOLICS BUT ALL CHRISTIANS!THE QUOTED BIBLE PASSAGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by okwusdidi: 10:08am On Apr 10, 2020
The fact is that Catholics are not obligated to even explain any of their doctrines to anyone.How can an atheist even condemm abstainance from eating meat when many doctors have said it is healthy to abstain from meat.Or a Christian condemm the same act even do it is done as a form of sacrifice for Jesus.What is the big deal in not eating meat.If you don't eat meat would you die.Or is eating meat now a do or die affair.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by HRMK: 10:12am On Apr 10, 2020
IsaacRocks:
It obvious Nairaland is partial.
is that true?that cant be true!it just cant be!!
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by xcesspaschal(m): 10:12am On Apr 10, 2020
Na Jesus meat dey market?
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by BIAFRAisBURIED: 10:13am On Apr 10, 2020
BeerParlour:

Muhammedians pig

I am a Christian not a catholic

Show me in the Bible where it is written

IF YOU DON'T KNOW, KNOW THIS THAT THE CORE CATHOLICS BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIANS

STUPID HELL BOUND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE THAT CARRY RELIGION AND ROMAN TRADITIONS ON THEIR HEADS BUT NOT CHRIST JESUS IN THEIR HEARTS

NOTE THIS THAT WHATEVER YOU TYPE AFTER THIS, I WON'T REPLY NOR QUOTE YOU BECAUSE WHAT YOU WILL TYPE WILL BE A TRASH AND NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE. I CAN'T WAIST A SECOND TO READ IT. I MEAN IT

NOTHING MEANINGFUL IS EXPECTED FROM THE HELL GOING BILLIONS OF RELIGION OR MARY WORSHIPPERS
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Johnchyz(m): 10:14am On Apr 10, 2020
Angelfrost:

To what Biblical or scriptural end??! Did even the close disciples of Christ abstain from meat through out the period of his conviction and crucifixion??!... Please, clarify from scriptures.

We shouldn't be adhering to traditions and whims of clergymen and call them spiritual doctrines.
. THE WAY OUR CATHOLIC DOCTRINE OF THE MOTHER CHURCH FORBADE PRIEST TO MARRY WIVES. THE SAME WAY YOUR JEHOVAH iWITNESS FORBIDS YOUR CHURCH FROM BLOOD TRANSFUSION. TB JOSHUA WOMEN IN HIS CHURCH DO NOT WEAR HEAD-TIE. AND YOU HAVE YOUR OWN DENOMINATION DOCTRINE PRACTISED. BUT U DON'T WANT OTHERS TO PRACTICE AS WELL. REPENT JESUS DRAWS NEIGH.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 10:19am On Apr 10, 2020
Johnchyz:
. THE WAY OUR CATHOLIC DOCTRINE OF THE MOTHER CHURCH FORBADE PRIEST TO MARRY WIVES. THE SAME WAY YOUR JEHOVAH iWITNESS FORBIDS YOUR CHURCH FROM BLOOD TRANSFUSION. TB JOSHUA WOMEN IN HIS CHURCH DO NOT WEAR HEAD-TIE. AND YOU HAVE YOUR OWN DENOMINATION DOCTRINE PRACTISED. BUT U DON'T WANT OTHERS TO PRACTICE AS WELL. REPENT JESUS DRAWS NEIGH.

Lol... "My own denomination"??! Nah... I am non denominational sir...

You should read your Bible... Specifically try and study/meditate on 1 Cor. 3:4, and see the pressing and urgent need to repent from following idiotic and unbiblical doctrines of Men!!!

I am a liberated Christian... Anything contrary to laid down Biblical principles, especially in this dispensation of Grace, I reject and denounce!!!

You should study your Bible more often... Salvation lies within!!!
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by IsaacRocks(m): 10:20am On Apr 10, 2020
masterflowx:

I don't know whether you notice something on this Nairaland Forum. Before you comment on Muslim post on friday, they will ask you whether you're a Muslim and if your answer is NO. You won't be able to comment on the post.
I accepted it and they added it to my profile that I believe in Muhammad. Let them do same for Christian am leaving this forum am not comfortable with all this nonesense

1 Like

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by kindredspirit(m): 10:25am On Apr 10, 2020
Seetto:
Op you mean that person behind the envagelist is Jesus, how did they come about the picture, that should be the son of a roman ceaser.

That's Cesare Borgia, the son of Pope Alexander the sixth.

Jesus was a Hebrew from the Middle East and had Semite facial features. According to the theory, the Roman Catholic church wanted an European-looking image of him. Pope Alexander the sixth therefore proceeded to commission artists to paint a picture of his son, Cesare Borgia, blue-eyed and all, as the face of Jesus. It is that face/image that stands as that of Jesus till this very day.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Johnchyz(m): 10:26am On Apr 10, 2020
THE WATER USED IN SAUCING THIS MEAT,FISH, REGARDED IT HAS BLOOD IN THEM. THE SAUCE WAS USED TO PREPARE SOUP, I LEFT THE MEAT AND ATE THE MEAL, THEY TOLD ME THAT SINCE THE WATER PART USED IN SAUCING THE MEAT, IS AS GOOD OF ME EATING A MEAT.AND I TOLD THEM, ITS A LIE ,SO FAR U DID NOT CHEW ANY MEAT AT ALL. HOPE I BROKE NO RELIGIOUS OBLIGATIONS OF MEAT EATING PRIOR GOOD FRIDAY WHEN MEATS ARE FORBIDDED TO EAT,? SOME PERSONS OBSERVES THIS WHILE OTHERS GO AHEAD WITH THEIR NKWOBI JOINTS.

2 Likes

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by craves(m): 10:29am On Apr 10, 2020
spewing rubbish. who told you Catholics dont eat meat on good Friday. some person just wan to be more catholic than the pope. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:30am On Apr 10, 2020
Vince77:
I ate meat on good Friday last year and I'm Catholic.
In football and some sports, a jersey number can be retired to show respect, such day is retired from meat.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:31am On Apr 10, 2020
craves:
spewing rubbish. who told you Catholics dont eat meat on good Friday. some person just wan to be more catholic than the pope. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
One can it, but it's for respect. In football and some sports, a jersey number can be retired to
show respect, such day is retired from meat.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:33am On Apr 10, 2020
Lewisalexander:
You eat meat every other day but not today. Be deceiving yourselves
In football and some sports, a jersey number can be retired to
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by pasol4real(m): 10:33am On Apr 10, 2020
Lewisalexander:
You eat meat every other day but not today. Be deceiving yourselves
Olodo every where , did Christ die every other day?
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Lewisalexander(m): 10:34am On Apr 10, 2020
pasol4real:

Olodo every where , did Christ die every other day?

Mugu..did Christ died for u? Ode
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Lewisalexander(m): 10:35am On Apr 10, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

In football and some sports, a jersey number can be retired to

Enjoy
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Johnchyz(m): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2020
Angelfrost:

Lol... "My own denomination"??! Nah... I am non denominational sir...

You should read your Bible... Specifically try and study/meditate on 1 Cor. 3:4, and see the pressing and urgent need to repent from following idiotic and unbiblical doctrines of Men!!!

I am a liberated Christian... Anything contrary to laid down Biblical principles, especially in this dispensation of Grace, I reject and denounce!!!

You should study your Bible more often... Salvation lies within!!!
. AM A CONC. CATHOLIC, DID YOU KNOW THE POPE THE PAPAL IS EQUAL TO THE HOLY BIBLE. AM SO SORRY IN REVEALING THIS. EVEN MOST OF MY CATHOLIC MEMBER(s) DON'T KNOW THIS, IT IS ONE OF THE PROBLEMS PROTESTANTS LEFT THE MOTHER CHURCH TOGETHER WITH US CATHOLICS HONOURING MARY.AND AGAIN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH SAYS CHRIST DEATH ON THE RUGGED CROSS OF CALVARY WASN'T ENOUGH FOR HUMAN SALVATION THAT YOU AS A PERSON MUST ADHERE.N.FOLLOW.GOD.AND.CHRIST.PRINCIPLES.MURDERER GOING2HEAVEN BEKOZ CHRIST DIED.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Seetto: 10:46am On Apr 10, 2020
kindredspirit:

That's Cesare Borgia, the son of Pope Alexander the sixth.

Jesus was a Hebrew from the Middle East and had Semite facial features. According to the theory, the Roman Catholic church wanted an European-looking image of him. Pope Alexander the sixth therefore proceeded to commission artists to paint a picture of his son, Cesare Borgia, blue-eyed and all, as the face of Jesus. It is that face/image that stands as that of Jesus till this very day.
God, shocked and they are worshipping him,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Community Seals Pastor’s House In Ondo For Burying Charms (Photo) / Bishop Tom Samson Embarks On Road Rehabilitation In Lagos (pics) / I Am A Freemason, Feel Free To Ask Me Anything On Freemasonry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.