Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) (24250 Views)

Good Friday: Is It Really Wrong To Eat Meat? / Sex On Good Friday / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 12:34pm On Apr 10, 2020
eniolaamos7:
Not only Catholics say Christians

no reasonable Christian will believe that pagan sermon
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2020
Angelfrost:

They know these clear and express teachings... They simply choose to continue the century old tradition of perverting the Gospel!!!

If only their penitents will open their Bibles and actually study them, some of these would have long stopped!!!

Catholics are pagan worshippers
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
ursullalinda:

Yes oh !.....Catholic and proud.

Naso o.... Happy good friday ma!!!
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by paul100(m): 12:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
IsaacRocks:
you will just pick one part of the bible and be shining your teeth in your mind you know bible whereas nothing .
That bible verse is talking about people who tell you not eat such food at all.
Not for some certain time and this one is not a ritual. The one the bible is talking about is as a ritual.
And point of correction how much does it add to your salary arguing religious matter on Nairaland
Sir,pls i will like to know the part of the bible that talks about not eating meat for the sake of Jesus death(Good Friday)
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Galactico4ever(m): 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you should insult one's religion but then do whatever makes you sleep @ night
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by zedman1(m): 1:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
saintokwuluora:
Please read 1 Timothy 4: 1-3.
Weak, the Catholic church sees marriage as a sacrament, it is never forbidden, but if you choose not to, then it's fine, besides Jesus Christ and Paul advocatited it. The Catholic church does not forbid any food, as a matter of fact Catholics eat everything including pork and beer grin. You seem to know little or nothing about history, which the Catholic church has a huge edge over you guys. That passage of the scripture like many others were made for reasons but for lack of knowledge of history, you guys pick lines and quote out of context. There were a group of people at the time who rose up against marriage, both men, women, children(lol) , infant(lol) , infact everyone was not allowed to marry, it was forbidden, a great sin they say it was for one to marry. I don't even remember what they were called again because I purposely chose to stop digging deep into religious stuff since 2012, cos if you do you might end up being fanatical, depressed or an atheist- don't ask me which one I've become grin. The Catholic church knows a lot that you guys don't know, not just about the Bible they gave to you. I respect Catholics, don't ever argue with a catholic priest, it is just like you're a great great great grand child teaching your ancestors how to walk, just follow what you believe jejely and stop fighting others. I'm serious grin.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by saintokwuluora(m): 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
zedman1:
Weak, the Catholic church sees marriage as a sacrament, it is never forbidden, but if you choose not to, then it's fine, besides Jesus Christ and Paul advocatited it. The Catholic church does not forbid any food, as a matter of fact Catholics eat everything including pork and beer grin. You seem to know little or nothing about history, which the Catholic church has a huge edge over you guys. That passage of the scripture like many others were made for reasons but for lack of knowledge of history, you guys pick lines and quote out of context. There were a group of people at the time who rose up against marriage, both men, women, children(lol) , infant(lol) , infact everyone was not allowed to marry, it was forbidden, a great sin they say it was for one to marry. I don't even remember what they were called again because I purposely chose to stop digging deep into religious stuff since 2012, cos if you do you might end up being fanatical, depressed or an atheist- don't ask me which one I've become grin. The Catholic church knows a lot that you guys don't know, not just about the Bible they gave to you. I respect Catholics, don't ever argue with a catholic priest, it is just like you're a great great great grand child teaching your ancestors how to walk, just follow what you believe jejely and stop fighting others. I'm serious grin.
What you are fighting is not my saying but the Bible, if you or your Catholic church can erase it then you have a point. Meanwhile research into the history and doctrines of the Catholic Church biblically, then you shall know better. Catholic priests can only argue intelligently with gullible people not Bible scholars because they know they will be exposed. I was once like you.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by saintokwuluora(m): 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
Iziq:

I think the Catholics make celibacy a requisite to serve as a priest because, they believe that it will make them (priests) to lead the congregation diligently and wholeheartedly. You know 'on-side' that, marriage comes with commitments and responsibilities.
However, there maybe some spiritual and theological reasons for this, I can't say for sure.

Mithraism from which the traditions and doctrines of the Catholic Church emanated forbids their priests from marrying. Please do some research on the biblical standards of the Catholic doctrines and traditions.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by saintokwuluora(m): 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2020
Iziq:

I think the Catholics make celibacy a requisite to serve as a priest because, they believe that it will make them (priests) to lead the congregation diligently and wholeheartedly. You know 'on-side' that, marriage comes with commitments and responsibilities.
However, there maybe some spiritual and theological reasons for this, I can't say for sure.
Making it a requisite is compulsion because you have no choice in marriage if you want to be a Catholic priest.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by zedman1(m): 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2020
saintokwuluora:

What you are fighting is not my saying but the Bible, if you or your Catholic church can erase it then you have a point. Meanwhile research into the history and doctrines of the Catholic Church biblically, then you shall know better. Catholic priests can only argue intelligently with gullible people not Bible scholars because they know they will be exposed. I was once like you.
I don't believe you, you didn't study with an open mind. You didn't want to know the truth, you just chose to fortify yourself by researching based on what you believe. Lastly, you were never and will never be like me bro, adios.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by saintokwuluora(m): 2:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
Waylex21:

I'm a Catholic and also a priest. I was not compelled. And no one was ever compelled. You accept to be a Catholic priest by choice, haven prayerfully decipher the will of God for you. That's why it takes a minimum of 10 years before you are ordained a priest in the Catholic Church

Why is there a move by the Association of Catholic Priests to have married men ordained as priests and also have the law banning Catholic priests from marriage making celibacy a prerequisite for priesthood as promulgated by Pope Gregory V11 in 1075 abolished?
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by saintokwuluora(m): 2:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
zedman1:
I don't believe you, you didn't study with an open mind. You didn't want to know the truth, you just chose to fortify yourself by researching based on what you believe. Lastly, you were never and will never be like me bro, adios.
If you remain as you are in faith, may I never be like you.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by perpeling22(f): 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
FatherBona:

1 Timothy 4:1-3 New International Version (NIV)
4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those wjho believe and who know the truth.
what of you people that reject Muslim food. Is the food not from God. Catholics don't forbid meat. The abstinence is only for today.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Dollabiz: 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
oh
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by stieyven(m): 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
helinues:
Mtcheeew..

Imam no hungry ni.. If hungry wire his head, him go ask for pork meat
Remember that you will be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by helinues: 3:25pm On Apr 10, 2020
stieyven:

Remember that you will be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36

George Armani ni undecided undecided

Is that a threat?
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by thinkmoney(m): 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
saintokwuluora:
Please read 1 Timothy 4: 1-3.
beautiful my brother

1 Like

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Freedom of speech doesn't mean you should insult one's religion but then do whatever makes you sleep @ night

That's the truth
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by ursullalinda(f): 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
Fajemz001:

Naso o.... Happy good friday ma!!!

Wish you same, may the celebration of his death bring us life eternal.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by poweredcom(m): 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
Rubbish me we de eat meat like crase man

Even if I be Catholic or worshipping babalawo
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Waylex21(m): 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
saintokwuluora:

Why is there a move by the Association of Catholic Priests to have married men ordained as priests and also have the law banning Catholic priests from marriage making celibacy a prerequisite for priesthood as promulgated by Pope Gregory V11 in 1075 abolished?

Firstly, there's nothing like Association of Catholic Priests.
Secondly, you don't even know what you are asking question
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Waylex21(m): 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=saintokwuluora post=88292819]
Mithraism from which the traditions and doctrines of the Catholic Church emanated forbids their priests from marrying. Please do some research on the biblical standards of the Catholic doctrines and

This so-called research of yours was from the Catholic Church itself or from other very unreliable sources? You cannot know my history more than me. Please make your research from the true Church and not some ignoramus that present falsehood as truth. There's no relationship between Mithrathism and Catholicism. Be informed
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Waylex21(m): 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
saintokwuluora:

If you want to argue with me.... Step up your knowledge of the Bible and history. I'm a Catholic priest
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Waylex21(m): 6:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

Come with proofs of this assertion and don't just repeat without intelligence what you were brainwashed into believing about the Catholic Church
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by saintokwuluora(m): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=Waylex21 post=88299868][/quot
e]
Definitely your not a priest, you have any facts against my assertions on the 1075 law of Pope Gregory V11 and the agitation of the Association of Catholic Priests. Let us start from there.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by saintokwuluora(m): 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
Waylex21:

Firstly, there's nothing like Association of Catholic Priests.
Secondly, you don't even know what you are asking question
You have addressed nothing, goggle the Association of Catholic Priests
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by saintokwuluora(m): 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=Waylex21 post=88299868][/quote]
When Constantine introduced pagan practices into the Church of Rome, it was from Mithrasim, it is either you are ignorant or you are lying.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Waylex21(m): 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=saintokwuluora post=88300423][/quote]

Where did you find the Association of Catholic Priests?
There's nothing like that. First wrong step

Secondly, you don't understand what you asked. I advise you to go for proper research in the right place. Start with the history of celibacy in the Catholic Church
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Waylex21(m): 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
saintokwuluora:

When Constantine introduced pagan practices into the Church of Rome, it was from Mithrasim, it is either you are ignorant or you are lying.

One thing I want you to know is that Constantine was not a Church leader but the emperor of Rome who got converted to Christianity and used his position to abolish persecution of Christians. He didn't contribute to the doctrinal teachings of the Church. Know the right history and don't depend on hearsays
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by saintokwuluora(m): 7:17pm On Apr 10, 2020
Waylex21:

One thing I want you to know is that Constantine was not a Church leader but the emperor of Rome who got converted to Christianity and used his position to abolish persecution of Christians. He didn't contribute to the doctrinal teachings of the Church. Know the right history and don't depend on hearsays
The churches went through many bloody persecution s until the time of Emperor Constantine who caused radical changes in Christianity, raising it's position in the empire which made many pagans to join the church. He organized the church as an institution which necessitated the name Roman Catholic Church because it is a confederation of various Christian churches which were in the Roman empire and five metropolitans were created in Rome, Constantinople, Alexandria, Jerusalem and Antioch. Naturally because Rome was the capital city of the Roman empire the bishop of Rome was the most influential and Pope Leo actually claimed universal authority over all other metropolitan bishops in 444AD. It was from his time that the bishop of Rome started to be addressed as Pope. Infact the popes were appointed by the emperor's until Hildebrand established the college of Cardinals with the power to elect the pope. It is simple to trace the history of Mithraism from Babylon to Rome and from Rome to the Roman church.
When Xerxes in 487Bc conquered Babylon, the priests of Mithraism, the official religion of Babylon moved to Pergamos. When Attalus the Pontiff and King of Pergamos died in 133BC, he bequeathed the headship of the Babylonian religion to Rome, so the Estrucans came to Italy and established the religion and when Rome officially made it a state religion, Julius Caesar was made the Supreme Pontiff in 74Bc and from then Roman emperors were the Supreme Pontiff of the religion until 376AD when Emperor Gratian for Christian reasons refused to take the title and the office, so state religious matters became disorganized. Unfortunately it was Damascus who was then Bishop of Rome who took up the title of the Supreme Pontiff of Rome in 378 AD through the influence of the monks of Mount Carmel, a college of Babylonian priests. So all the teachings of the Babylonian Mystery religion were officially introduced into the church.
You can make your research dispassionately on these assertions, you can even consult the Catholic encyclopedia for more information. And if you want I can enumerate some of the obvious doctrines of Babylon which are today the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church.
Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by Mcuzy(m): 8:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
Fajemz001:
But this virus really fall hand o....Station of Christ procession and drama for don dey make progress now but God knows best Sha.....

The way critics and naysayers will flood this thread with their fangs ehn....smh

I rep the Roman catholic church anyday

Peace!!!!!

anytime,any day,anyplace.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
Waylex21:

Come with proofs of this assertion and don't just repeat without intelligence what you were brainwashed into believing about the Catholic Church

You will see it on the day judgement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am A Freemason, Feel Free To Ask Me Anything On Freemasonry / As a Christian How Will You Handle This / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.