Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo (590 Views)

Taribo: Super Eagles Players Slept With Women At France ’98 / Pastor Taribo West Is Holding A Crusade In Lagos This December!! / Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 10, 2020
Former Nigeria defender Taribo West has sensationally disclosed that some Super Eagles players sneaked ‘ African women’ into their hotel rooms a night before their disastrous round of 16 outing against Denmark at the 1998 World Cup in France .

The Nigerians , overwhelming favourites against the Danish opponents , put up a lacklustre performance and were humiliated 4 -1 by the Europeans in a one- sided encounter in front of 77 ,000 fans at Stade de France , Saint - Denis .

Taribo said some players brought women into the rooms the night the June 28 , 1998 clash , which he claimed led to fatigue on match day .
“ I read reports about Eagles visiting nightclubs and driving limousines during the World Cup in France , honestly , I don’ t know about that ,” Taribo told The PUNCH.

“ But what I know is that some players sneaked women into camp, I saw that . The women were Africans who came to watch the tournament and fell in love with our team , because of the way we played in the group stage . So, it was easy for these players to woo them to their rooms .

“ That is why on match day , you could see a lot of the players didn’t have the strength to curtail the Danish players . They were tired after overworking themselves the night before with the women. I was yelling at them on the pitch , I was very angry with them .

“ They did all these because they thought we were going to beat Denmark .

https://punchng.com/eagles-slept-with-women-at-france-98-taribo/

Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by Makavelli25: 7:44am On Apr 10, 2020
Can you imagine that
I cant just imagine it
I smh
Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by xcabczyxabczzzz: 7:52am On Apr 10, 2020
Makavelli25:
Can you imagine that

I cant just imagine it

I smh
That's for lack of trying.
Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by oz4real83(m): 7:53am On Apr 10, 2020
And some of those eagles after wasting their resources on women and other enjoyments several years later will be shouting that the govt and other Nigerians have abandoned them after serving their nation, very annoying. Some of those eagles didn't know how they broke our hearts through their actions whenever they exited any competitions, some of us even fell sick embarassed
Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by dawnomike(m): 7:53am On Apr 10, 2020
Lack of discipline and commitment... And what was the coach doing?
Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by cenaman(m): 8:00am On Apr 10, 2020
T
Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by BabangidaHamza(m): 8:04am On Apr 10, 2020
oz4real83:
And some of those eagles after wasting their resources on women and other enjoyments several years later will be shouting that the govt and other Nigerians have abandoned them after serving their nation, very annoying. Some of those eagles didn't know how they broke our hearts through their actions whenever they exited any competitions, some of us even fell sick lipsrsealed
90% of footballers live a luxurious life during their active years, but when the active years are over they turn to govt, Masses for help. After all we know that they didn't help anyone during their playing days that's why I have zero pity for them when they find themselves in this situation
Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by Tobinrobin(m): 8:04am On Apr 10, 2020
Just imagine level of unprofessionalism. They had sex with the women but the coach was no where to reprimand them??
Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by amstardi: 8:07am On Apr 10, 2020
Tobinrobin:
Just imagine level of unprofessionalism. They had sex with the women but the coach was no where to reprimand them??
the coach was also with a woman somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by ehbellsho(m): 8:25am On Apr 10, 2020
overconfidence...
what a pity.

so painful back then.
Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by ehbellsho(m): 8:25am On Apr 10, 2020
overconfidence... what a pity.
so painful back then.
Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by Anwons(m): 8:26am On Apr 10, 2020
Time for retrospect!
Re: Eagles Slept With Women At France ’98 –taribo by RoyalBlu(f): 8:34am On Apr 10, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Tottenham's Ndombele Tells Mourinho He Will Never Play For Him Again / Cristiano Ronaldo Asked To Wear Face Mask During Portugal 4-1 Croatia UEFA Natio / Sell Betslip Option/cash Out Not Available On 1xbet Since Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.