Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State (43237 Views)

Catholic Church Otukpo Built By David Mark (Photos) / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by atoleybaba(m): 9:41am On Apr 11, 2020
cyrilamx:
oga even God commanded people to ostracized those infected with leprosy for the general wellbeing of all. Now see this.
the guy mumu na...all these people that go to church to ass lick pastor and spend the whole service dancing and not learning anything meaningful from the bible
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by asamaigho(m): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2020
RLouis:

So faith is making ursef available to danger?
The best way to go about this pandemic that has ravaged our world is to help save lives by trying to contain it in every possible way wch include this isolation and if u re infected go to where u will be properly taking care of not coming to d church....
Let us all try and understand dat even as Catholic don't gather the Easter liturgy is still being observed by the priests and religious for the pple of God

u just jump d substance of d matter. i didnot say infected people shouldnt go for treatment or isolation.
i was only talking about d lack of faith .
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by osuofia2(m): 10:01am On Apr 11, 2020
IAmMysterious:

Is this the reason why immodesty, nudity and unclothedness is now so rampant amongst Christians today especially in the West? are you people trying to emulate Isaiah in obeying Yahweh's command.

this is a verse where Yahweh commanded Isaiah to go naked and barefoot and walk all over the streets naked; And Isaiah did so for three years. If you call such an act shameless and dirty, then that means you have to deal with the fact that your Yahweh is so shameless and dirty. he could not find an honourable deed to use as 'sign and wonder rather it's something immodest, ungodly, dirty and shameless that he decided to use. deal with this:

Isaiah: 20. 2. At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot. 3. And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia; - Bible Offline
Better to be be naked than be a terrorist bombing , killing and maiming people all in the name of religion yet they term that religion as peaceful pissful one. Check across the world who are the people responsible for the world instability around.
Let's even start from Home. Shekau is here saying Western education is a sin which is a command from that your book holy corrupt book. Western education is a sin yet they make use of Western invention like guns,TV, internet,cars and etc. I pray you people see the light and stop that nonsense.
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by dayorich: 10:05am On Apr 11, 2020
Bros, catholics are NOT Christians.

Religion: Catholicism

osuofia2:
I love being Catholic... Proudly a Christian unlike the other pissful religion wey wan cut person head because of covid19 restrictions.. You will know if a sheep is a black by its shepherd.
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by GeneralPula: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2020
Bossydiva:

Wow... I’m for ever grateful sir embarassedMay God bless continue to bless you exceedingly sir! U are really a humanitarian!
Where in Osg are you?
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by 13october: 11:21am On Apr 11, 2020
Wike.
What is important to WIKE is #10bn given to Lagos that turn him crazy
He wants to spread it in Rivers so that he can collect big support from FG

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by bonna4u(m): 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
megacity:
The Church should have faith not fear

The Church is not a place where people come and get sick, the Church is a place where people come and get healing. Shutting the Church can never be the answer

I expect the Church leaders to have prayer such that even if someone with Corona virus comes to church, the person would be instantly healed and not infect others. It saddens me that the Church leaders are rather advocating closure of the Church. It saddens me that even the politicians have more faith and appreciate the power of God more than these church leaders

The politicians are now the ones telling Christians they can go to Church whereas the church leaders want the church to remain closed. Too bad

If someone who is sick comes to church, the person should receive healing not infect others
Tell me this is satire.
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
chris51:
Governor Wike is not a Catholic and doesn't understand the doctrine, otherwise he could not have said that Christians should go and celebrate Easter on Easter Sunday.

In the Catholic church, there's Triduum, which starts on Holy Thursday. There is washing of feet of 12 representing the disciples and the last supper.

On Friday, there's stations of the Cross and passion of Christ.

On Saturday, there's is Mass in the night, which is the eve of Easter. This is when we start to use the word Hallelujah. Throughout Lent no mention of Hallelujah. On this Easter Saturday there are 9 Bible readings and Baptism.

After missing the Triduum, going to church on Easter Sunday only is not important. The most important thing is for the Lord to heal the world of this PLAGUE called coronavirus.
People have been following Mass on TV.

There is a difference between Catholicism and Pentecostalism. Easter is the greatest feast in Catholicism. The news of lockdown relaxation for Easter is a Welcome Relief for big Pentecostal Churches in PortHarcourt that are missing their members in kind and cash. Priests hold mass daily on behalf of the people.

The Pentecostal Churches are very excited to see their members and pass necessary information to them, so Wike's decision is a welcome Idea to them. The only thing is that some members are coming to Church broke, others will be very careful about giving now irrespective of the motivational speaking.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by bonna4u(m): 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
All the state governors relaxing the restrictions to movements and gathering in their states, have shown that they don't even know why they told the people to stay in their homes in the first place. Clueless leadership breeds no directions.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by bonna4u(m): 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
babaolofin:

There is a difference between Catholicism and Pentecostalism. Easter is the greatest feast in Catholicism. The news of lockdown relaxation for Easter is a Welcome Relief for big Pentecostal Churches in PortHarcourt that missing their members in kind and cash. Priests hold mass daily on behalf of the people.

The Pentecostal Churches are very excited to see the members and pass necessary information to them, so Wine's decision is a welcome Idea to them
Dem go sow seeds tire.
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by Charleys: 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
enemyofprogress:
Will Christians die if they don't go to church to celebrate Easter?

Covid-19:
Saudi Arabia cancels 2020 Hajj.
Israel cancels 2020 pilgrimage.
Vatican shut down.

Nigerian Governors open Mosques and Churches for Jummah and Easter Celebrations.

Can Nigerians be more Christain than the Pope and more Muslim than the chief Imam of Grand Mosque in Mecca?

Coronavirus will not go on holiday tomorrow and on Sunday and resume work on Tuesday 14th April.
Some of our State Governors are having a dangerous laugh. I hope it doesn’t end in tears.���
Copied...

Apart from religion that is a form of brainwashing to keep its members in check.

What else do the poor nigerians have?
If the government was doing well enough there would have been more atheists in Nigeria.
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by Nigeriapen(m): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
List of 13 Nigerian Kill By Coronavirus In Abroad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYhqUgZO9hs
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2020
osuofia2:

Better to be be naked than be a terrorist bombing , killing and maiming people all in the name of religion yet they term that religion as peaceful pissful one. Check across the world who are the people responsible for the world instability around.
Let's even start from Home. Shekau is here saying Western education is a sin which is a command from that your book holy corrupt book. Western education is a sin yet they make use of Western invention like guns,TV, internet,cars and etc. I pray you people see the light and stop that nonsense.

If belief in Yahweh has not drained you of your sense, kindly compare the two laws from the so called 'peaceful' Yahweh and the so called 'pissful' Allaah.

About mistreating slaves and beating them

Islam:

There are many aspects concerning treating the slaves kindly as enjoined in Islam and NEVER maltreating them but I'm only going to talk about BEATING THEM because it's what applies in this case. This is an example of the general 'kind treatment of slaves':

Guaranteeing them food and clothing like that of their masters:

It was narrated that Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “They are your brothers whom Allaah has put under your authority, so if Allaah has put a person’s brother under his authority, let him feed him from what he eats and clothe him from what he wears, and let him not overburden him with work, and if he does overburden him with work, then let him help him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6050). 

There you see it. Slaves MUST be treated justly and kindly in Islam. But since the topic is mainly about BEATING them, see below:

The Prophet forbade beating or maltreating one's slaves to the point that he said who ever beats or maltreats the slave, the expiation for such a transgression is for the slave to have freedom. See below:

Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) manumitted a slave of his, then he picked up a stick or something from the ground and said: There is no more reward in it than the equivalent of this, but I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever slaps his slave or beats him, his expiation is to manumit him.” Narrated by Muslim (1657). 

This is the 'pissful' religion oo.

now let's go see the 'peaceful' one: grin grin

20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

Did you see the ruthlessness and brutality of your Yahweh That's a verse where Yahweh doesn't have a problem with a master beating his slave. in fact, he doesn't have a problem if a master beats his slave to injury or even coma... because the only time when the master should be punished is if the slave dies. But there's no punishment if the slave doesn't die.. no matter the situation, if he beats him to coma, paralysis, breaks his legs.. there's no problem because the slave is his 'property'.. But the only time there's a problem is if the slave eventually dies.

What a peaceful ruthless Yahweh!!!! grin grin

And yet, Yahweh is the peaceful one but Allaah is the ruthless one. grin

Hmm! The time to expose all the secrets of Yahweh is still coming in Shaa Allaah. Watch out!!! grin grin cheesy
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by solreb: 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
pillarmaria:
His Lordship has spoken, I wonder the point Gov wike was trying to score.

This is to underscore the fact that Wike just tries to play politics. There is no sense in granting this relaxation. Yet he went to flex muscle to shut down Caverton. Any reasonable religious organisation will tor the line of the Catholic. These are the ones who truly care about their people and not the politicians.
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by solreb: 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
IAmMysterious:

Is this the reason why immodesty, nudity and unclothedness is now so rampant amongst Christians today especially in the West? are you people trying to emulate Isaiah in obeying Yahweh's command.

this is a verse where Yahweh commanded Isaiah to go naked and barefoot and walk all over the streets naked; And Isaiah did so for three years. If you call such an act shameless and dirty, then that means you have to deal with the fact that your Yahweh is so shameless and dirty. he could not find an honourable deed to use as 'sign and wonder rather it's something immodest, ungodly, dirty and shameless that he decided to use. deal with this:

Isaiah: 20. 2. At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot. 3. And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia; - Bible Offline

May the Holy Spirit convict you so that you can see the light and follow Jesus who is the light of the world.(John 8:12) and you will gain eternal life. It is only through Jesus, that man can make the kingdom of God. I pray for you that as we celebrate Jesus this Easter, the one who is Resurrection and Life will visit you.
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
solreb:

May the Holy Spirit convict you so that you can see the light and follow Jesus who is the light of the world.(John 8:12) and you will gain eternal life. It is only through Jesus, that man can make the kingdom of God. I pray for you that as we celebrate Jesus this Easter, the one who is Resurrection and Life will visit you.

Eeyah!!! But sorry, I cannot worship Yahweh. He's too dirty. Apart from these ones you've seen (unclothedness), you wouldn't believe what Yahweh was commanding Ezekiel to do with shit!!! shocked

See below:

Ezekiel: 4. 12. And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. - Bible Offline

Baking cakes with human feaces and eat it Wow!!! Yahweh is such a case...

And that's not even all! What about using shit to punish people:

Malachi: 2. 3. Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it. - Bible Offline

What's the relationship between Yahweh and shit gan self? shocked Can you now see that Yahweh is dirty? Please, I can't worship him oo. Sorry!!! grin grin Even me as a human being wouldn't do all that, let alone Yahweh who is supposedly the Holiest!

And Mr. osuofia2 that thinks he knows too much about religion and can just talk anyhow, come and see this one about Yahweh too... grin grin grin

The time is coming for the secrets of Yahweh to come out to the open. Just watch out!!!!
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by johnmattew: 5:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
giovanee:
Which one be Nigieriens again oo?
Google is ur friend
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by johnmattew: 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
Kobicove:

Your third paragraph made no sense
and u couldn't decipher the typo ??
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by Tonnierichy(m): 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
megacity:

The Church is not a place where people come and get sick, the Church is a place where people come and get healing. Shutting the Church can never be the answer

I expect the Church leaders to have prayer such that even if someone with Corona virus comes to church, the person would be instantly healed and not infect others. It saddens me that the Church leaders are rather advocating closure of the Church. It saddens me that even the politicians have more faith and appreciate the power of God more than these church leaders

The politicians are now the ones telling Christians they can go to Church whereas the church leaders want the church to remain closed. Too bad

If someone who is sick comes to church, the person should receive healing not infect others
Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by AlessKlar: 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
[left][/left]
It's this"faith" that is putting religious Nigerians in trouble.
Do you mean to say people should go to church and they'd receive healing? At the expense of their lives?
Guy,why na? It's your kind of people that bring disaster upon yourself and people that are unfortunately around you. undecided
megacity:

Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by AlessKlar: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ehm,Jesus' representative,the Christian without blemish,help us to crush Corona,so that Jesus will meet "people of faith" alive and well.

Ode undecided.
asamaigho:

Catholic na church?
no be dem do spanish inquisition?
u no see their pope, dat one na christian?.
no wonder Jesus said, 'when i return will i still find faith on the earth?
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by AlessKlar: 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
Please remove that "we" from your statement and speak for yourself. Why don't you leave your house with that "faith and divine unction" from God and go to the isolation centers and the hospitals. Go and heal this sick na,extract the virus from them. You're sitting at home and typing rubbish that you cannot do.
angry
suremanpatriot:

DOES THIS BISHOP REALLY BELIEVE IN GOD? FAITH IN GOD IS GREATER THAN ANY virus or ILLNESS. THE GOVR HAS DONE GREAT BUT THIS BISHOP IS A DISGRACE TO THE CHURCH.
LORD JESUS CHRIST AND HIS DISCIPLES HEALED THE SICK AND NEVER DROVE THEM AWAY.

DOES THIS BISHOP REALLY BELIEVE IN GOD? FAITH IN GOD IS GREATER THAN ANY ILLNESS. THIS BISHOP IS A DISGRACE TO THE CHURCH.
INSTEAD OF CONDUCTING MASS TO REINFORCE FAITH, HIS SO FEARFUL WITH ISOLATION MENTALITY SEPARATING HIMSELF AND AVOIDING CONGREGANTS !
THIS VIRUS IS SPIRITUAL BIOWARFARE TO DEFEAT. IT IS PATHETIC FOR A BISHOP QUIT IN FEAR FR LOCKDOWN.

WHAT OF THE FRONTLINE DOCTORS RECEIVING PPL?
IT IS THE SPIRITUAL THAT CONTROLS THE PHYSICAL.
THIS BISHOP IS HAVING A FORM OF RELIGION AND DENYING THE POWER THEREOF IN CHRIST. THIS MAN IS NOT FIT TO BE A SPIRITUAL LEADER because HIS TALKING LOGIC. We reject his actions as Christians and dissociate ourselves from this unbeliever policy.

Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by asamaigho(m): 7:24am On Apr 12, 2020
AlessKlar:
Ehm,Jesus' representative,the Christian without blemish,help us to crush Corona,so that Jesus will meet "people of faith" alive and well.

Ode undecided.
today is easter i refuse to insult u.
may Gid open ur eyes.
Re: Catholic Church Rejects Lockdown Ease For Easter Celebrations In Rivers State by pillarmaria(m): 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
suremanpatriot:

DOES THIS BISHOP REALLY BELIEVE IN GOD? FAITH IN GOD IS GREATER THAN ANY virus or ILLNESS. THE GOVR HAS DONE GREAT BUT THIS BISHOP IS A DISGRACE TO THE CHURCH.
LORD JESUS CHRIST AND HIS DISCIPLES HEALED THE SICK AND NEVER DROVE THEM AWAY.

DOES THIS BISHOP REALLY BELIEVE IN GOD? FAITH IN GOD IS GREATER THAN ANY ILLNESS. THIS BISHOP IS A DISGRACE TO THE CHURCH.
INSTEAD OF CONDUCTING MASS TO REINFORCE FAITH, HIS SO FEARFUL WITH ISOLATION MENTALITY SEPARATING HIMSELF AND AVOIDING CONGREGANTS !
THIS VIRUS IS SPIRITUAL BIOWARFARE TO DEFEAT. IT IS PATHETIC FOR A BISHOP QUIT IN FEAR FR LOCKDOWN.

WHAT OF THE FRONTLINE DOCTORS RECEIVING PPL?
IT IS THE SPIRITUAL THAT CONTROLS THE PHYSICAL.
THIS BISHOP IS HAVING A FORM OF RELIGION AND DENYING THE POWER THEREOF IN CHRIST. THIS MAN IS NOT FIT TO BE A SPIRITUAL LEADER because HIS TALKING LOGIC. We reject his actions as Christians and dissociate ourselves from this unbeliever policy.

Was God a coward when he commanded Blessed Joseph and Mary to run to Egypt while Herod threatened the life of Christ ?

Was it also foolish of God to instruct all Isrealites to paste the blood of lambs on their doorpost just so they can evade the angel of death sent to kill all Egyptian first born sons?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage / Emmanuel Eni,occult Grand Master Now In Christ Etc Confessions Are They True Or False? / Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.