Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,721 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us (874 Views)

Urgent Help Needed To Evict Stubborn Tenant!!!!!!!! / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / How Do I Evict A Mentally Unstable Tenant From My Shop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by s4cs: 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2020
So I'll try to make this as snappy as possible.
My dad owns a compound in kaduna and there was this tenant that was refusing to pay his rent and upon that,he still travelled with an outstanding debt.
I don't know what my dad was thinking, but he broke the tenants door and packed out his whole properties and changed the mans lock.
However, when the tenant heard about this, he returned immediately and went on to sue my my dad claiming damages of upto 5 million naira(well my dad didn't take the matter seriously cos i asked him how the case was going and he just waved me aside). But then, few weeks ago,we got an eviction letter from the court giving us an ultimatum of 14 days to leave the property.
Now we are planning to appeal this judgment after this corona saga.
Now i would need your help on how to go about this..

I would really appreciate if this can get to the front page. Please mods
Re: Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by jagaban002(m): 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
why will you break someone’s door and pack all is properties without any report from court or station , he has to pay for damages . I don’t care how must he owe the Him . He fucking went too far . If he’s oweing u go to court or station let the govt be the one to throw is things out . God will provide another house for u guys ( Good luck)
Re: Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by majamajic(m): 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2020
Seems in kaduna , someone owns the compound and someone else is landlord ?

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by Bola146(f): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
majamajic:
Seems in kaduna , someone owns the compound and someone else is landlord ?

I thought his father owns the house grin Anyways, what your father did was wrong, all of you should go and beg him, or pay him off.
Re: Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by dawnomike(m): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
I advise you start to search for antitrust apartment now that you have the time... The landlord fell into the tenants trap.
Re: Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by Gibsonworld05(m): 10:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
I wil suggest you find a way to beg the tenant and settle out of court. Your landlord ignorantly fell into the tenant's trap.

PS: How come your father is the owner of the compound and another person is the landlord. I am not understanding.

1 Like

Re: Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by cirtapoyat: 12:07am On Apr 11, 2020
Who is your father and who is the landlord? Your daddy has a house and a landlord broke the tenant door. Your statement is ambiguous.
s4cs:
So I'll try to make this as snappy as possible.
My dad owns a compound in kaduna and there was this tenant that was refusing to pay his rent and upon that,he still travelled with an outstanding debt.
I don't know what the landlord was thinking, but he broke the tenants door and packed out his whole properties and changed the mans lock.
However, when the tenant heard about this, he returned immediately and went on to sue my the landlord claiming damages of upto 5 million naira(well my landlord didn't take the matter seriously cos i asked him how the case was going and he just waved me aside). But then, few weeks ago,we got an eviction letter from the court giving us an ultimatum of 14 days to leave the property.
Now we are planning to appeal this judgment after this corona saga.
Now i would need your help on how to go about this..

I would really appreciate if this can get to the front page. Please mods
Re: Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by s4cs: 1:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
cirtapoyat:
Who is your father and who is the landlord? Your daddy has a house and a landlord broke the tenant door. Your statement is ambiguous.
Sorry, the landlord is my dad. That's name i call him.
Re: Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by s4cs: 2:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
So is there any hope?
Re: Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by s4cs: 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author=Gibsonworld05 post=88307697]I wil suggest you find a way to beg the tenant and settle out of court. Your landlord ignorantly fell into the tenant's trap.
He has refused any form of settlement.. Is there anything that can be done?
Re: Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by Gibsonworld05(m): 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author=s4cs post=88327504][/quote] I will suggest you seek legal advice from a lawyer.
Re: Help! Our Tenant Is About To Evict Us by s4cs: 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Gibsonworld05:
I will suggest you seek legal advice from a lawyer.

Thanks, we have a lawyer working on it presently.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

For Sale Half Plot Of Land At Ogudu/ Alapere Lagos State 6m, / For Sale 100 X 100 At Back Of NTA Beside Asaba Housing, Call 09058818181 / Painting Pictures Of A 7 Unit Terrace Building At Badore Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.