Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Why Aren't Some Nigerians Taking COVID-19 More Seriously? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Aren't Some Nigerians Taking COVID-19 More Seriously? (219 Views)

El-Rufai Speaks After Taking COVID-19 Vaccine: ‘No Pain, No Headache’ / Take Nigeria’s Sorry State More Seriously, Obi Tells Osinbajo / President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't Some Nigerians Taking COVID-19 More Seriously? by Movic1(m): 11:09am On Apr 11, 2020
Everybody knows that pestilences have a way of recurring in the world, yet somehow we find it hard to believe in ones that crash down on our heads from a blue sky. There have been as many plagues as wars in history, yet always plagues and wars take people equally by surprise."

“I have no idea what's awaiting me, or what will happen when this all ends. For the moment I know this: there are sick people and they need curing.” 
—Albert Camus, The Plague

Countries around the world are implementing measures to slow the spread of the coronavirus, more than a third of the planet's population is under some form of restriction. We are struggling to adjust to life during the COVID-19 pandemic. Across the country, social distancing is being inconsistently implemented and many are already growing restless, wondering whether we're over-reacting and when we should "open up" the country for business as usual again. Many Nigerians are calling the virus a scam because people are not dying here like they do in Europe or America. We are toying with this virus and i pray we don't lost control like some countries..

Worshippers have not been allowed to enter Mecca's Grand Mosque nor the Prophet's Mosque in Medinah, the two main mosques for Muslims, since Saudi authorities suspended prayers on March 19 in an effort to combat the spread of the virus. Pope Francis also cancelled his regular appearances in public, ban mass gatherings . Yet some state government are allowing people to go to Mosque in the Northern part of the country and a governor who just recovered from the Virus even went ahead to attend Jumat Prayers. I also read that a state governor in the southern part of the country lifted the lockdown to allow people celebrate Easter...

According to Wikipedia, Hypocrisy  is the contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character traits or inclinations, especially with respect to religious and moral beliefs; hence, in a general sense, hypocrisy may involve dissimulation, pretense, or a sham. I won't say much about that concerning the religion aspect..

The federal government should please extend the quarantine lockdown and not listen to some stupid opinions on lifting it. They should also enforce total compliance by releasing more security personnel from the barracks, we should try and manage what we have , hunger can't not kill us. Since we are more religious than everybody in the world, we should use this opportunity to fast for 30days ,thank God Ramadan is coming, the Christians too should also fast and pray for the Nation.

Finally, Kudos to the Lagos state government, they are doing a great job......

Reminder By 2pm or less, America will overtake ITALY in the total number of deaths by 300..

Stay safe....
Re: Why Aren't Some Nigerians Taking COVID-19 More Seriously? by Fidelismaria: 11:11am On Apr 11, 2020
They think it's audio

Because most of the people they know are not infected with the virus

So because they see no evidence of the virus around them they term it scam
Re: Why Aren't Some Nigerians Taking COVID-19 More Seriously? by iammo(m): 11:14am On Apr 11, 2020
Africans are generally stubborn
Re: Why Aren't Some Nigerians Taking COVID-19 More Seriously? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:57am On Apr 11, 2020
What they are treating is malaria and fever.
Re: Why Aren't Some Nigerians Taking COVID-19 More Seriously? by inedujac: 12:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
It is our rulers that are not taking it seriously.
Re: Why Aren't Some Nigerians Taking COVID-19 More Seriously? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
"IT IS NOT MY PORTION".

(1) (Reply)

No Sacrifice Is Too Much To Take To Preserve Lives-Gov Hope Address Imolites / COVID-19: Kano Reviews Restrictions On Public Transportation / EU Gives Nigeria N21bn Grant To Fight Coronavirus (COVID-19)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.