Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Is Handwriting Genetic? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Handwriting Genetic? (34560 Views)

My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Deepocean(m): 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
Yes, handwriting is genetic, is either you pick after your mum or dad handwriting. But I picked my dad's while majority of my siblings picked my mum's. When I was in primary sçhool, all my teachers used to commend my good handwriting. When I got to secondary school, my writing on the board beat majority of the teachers, if not because our principal didn't allow students copying notes for fellow students some of the teachers tried giving me note to copy for the class.

1 Like

Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Lovexme(m): 7:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
ibkayee:

Lool ok semi ugly sha

1st is old and how I'd write on a normal day
2nd was done today and is my attempt at cleaning it up lool

Forget the handwriting, what are you studying?
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by esente: 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
Thing is if you're someone who admires the beauty of art, which is to a large extent genetic, chances are that you'd appreciate good handwritings, and dedicate time to achieve dexterity.

I remember as a teenager, I stumbled on a letter my uncle had written to my dad. I fell so much in love with those sublime strokes that I stole the letter and rehearsed the intricate weaves until I achieved perfection.

Whilst almost everybody admires calligraphic masterpieces, not everyone is diligent enough to learn it. So I think it's a potpourri of genetics and training.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Ginaz(f): 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
My handwriting is so bad that from the first page to the next, you will see different writing styles your eyes will bring water on my behalf .

Who care? So far I can read and write I’m good to go. grin
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
Don't think so.
Dad and mum's handwriting always look awesome, none of we the children's writing comes close. Only one of us has an averagely good looking handwriting
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
ibkayee:

Lool ok semi ugly sha

Your handwriting is average and very legible. Not everyone is blessed with calligraphic skills.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by sinceraconcept(m): 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
ibkayee:

Lool ok semi ugly sha

You have such a ugly handwriting

1 Like

Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Lordapson23(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
sassysure:

Please spare me, I beg u.

No strength for this.

Whatever rocks your boat

Someone Canur play wit u? undecided
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Dodo5: 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
I started having good handwriting the day I realized what's the use of handwriting exercise book. i followed all the rules in the handwriting exercise book.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
StrikeBack:
seems this lockdown is affecting you undecided
Yeah
But, not as much as you.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
People who are very intelligent and fast in their thinking do have a bad handwriting as they also write faster while the semi-olodos do have good handwriting. Scientifically proofed.

If you know you know.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Julius209(m): 8:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
Eulalia:

Just replied you now.
yes I have seen it but I can't afford the cost
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by banana99(m): 8:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
How u hold pen also determines how good or bad ur handwriting cud be.... u can also make changes if u want by writing each letter separately without d normal conjoined letters....
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
ibkayee:

Lool ok semi ugly sha

Though your writing looks like an early primary schoolers', it's not ugly.

1 Like

Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by StrikeBack(m): 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
StacyO:

Yeah
But, not as much as you.
is that you on your dp.

You look beautiful
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by MrCaesar: 8:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
No
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by DePolo7808: 8:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
TrippleEEE:

Oga can you just calm down. My handwriting evolved over time. The current one I have is looking exactly like that of my dad. Same with two of my siblings. I'm telling you reality not some hypothetical story.
Google is your friend.
If you'd not take my free education, you can make your own findings.

Thanks
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
StrikeBack:
is that you on your dp.

You look beautiful
mmmmmm
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by rusher14: 8:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
No it isn't.

I'm a carbon copy of my dad in looks but handwriting has no semblance to his fine cursive writing.

My mom has an equally elegant handwriting but me?

I have a medical doctor's handwriting.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by geezynoni: 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
I had a very fine handwriting when I was very young... But my class teacher back then used to beat me for having a fine handwriting, she said someone was probably writing for me. Now my handwriting no fine.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by medexico(m): 9:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
veave:
I don't think so. My mum and dad have one of the best writings in the whole of Africa but mine looks like... Naira Marley's dada maybe grin lipsrsealed undecided

Maybe you didn't inherit it.

My writing and two of my siblings are very similar, probably like my Mum's because my Dad's handwriting is horrible.

1 Like

Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by knighteengale: 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2020
What we call genetics when it comes to handwriting to me has to do with what you see at home from your parents over many years, and you take mastery of.
I think one of the last thing many of us parents give priority to is the handwriting of our kids.
I come from a family of six, 3-3 . My dad's handwriting was superb and my mum a teacher say fair. Naturally I developed interest in writing like my dad so also my immediate younger brother, so before I got to form4 in the secondary, my handwriting became the talk of the class. During my university days, it became one of my strengths , I enjoyed some leniency from some of my lecturers in the early 90s.
Now my first two children - girls are in love with my handwriting, though not yet there but I am sure they will.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Timsilver(m): 9:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
Biingoo:
Oya laugh me. grin
this is similar to mine. Looking at the way you write certain letters.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Shormiey(m): 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
I have numerous beautiful handwriting but I pick after my mum's undecided
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
Julius209:
yes I have seen it but I can't afford the cost

Whatever happened to haggling?
OK. Its up to you.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Ejenavi18(f): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
I think it's genetic coz I have a nice writing and most of my siblings does as well. Probably inherited it from my father.
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Legendguy(m): 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
Wen I was in sch, I will write exam and wen d results was out I will be seeing E, D, and some times F, it kept on for some time until demanded for my script and to complain to the lecture, wen I met the lecture to complain I discovered that it was my handwriting that look like where chicken are scratching the ground for food that was failing cos the lecturers cannot comprehend what I was writing
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by Realiskit(m): 9:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Isn't.
StacyO:
mmmmmm
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by ayandee: 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
I dont think so. Thèse days it's learnt. My 6 yr old daughter in pry 1 has such a beautiful and mature writing simply because she's taught corsive writing in school. I never had such opportunity. My writing isnt so good. I just try to make it legible
Re: Is Handwriting Genetic? by naijanaso: 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nigga44:
I don't believe it is.

Used to have very bad handwriting until I started imitating my primary school teacher. I now have the only good handwriting in my family.

The last part of your sentence agrees that it is hereditary. You all have a bad handwriting...till you broke away from it. The bad handwriting is in the blood...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Students Of FUTA Die In Accident / See Female Undergraduate That Cuts Keys To See Herself Through School / Authentic: The Most Popular Word Of 2023 According To Merriam-Webster Dictionary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.