Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 (16069 Views)

Restore Power To Niger, Over 40 Babies Die In Hospitals, Incubators Daily - FFK / Amina Abubakar-Bello Accused Of Selling Borehole Water To Residents / Protests Rock Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Bauchi, Niger Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by References: 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
Niger Governor Abubakar Bello has declared the total lockdown of Niger State from Monday April 13th.

This is coming on the heels of the discovery of the first COVID-19 case in the state.

The case, according to the Commissioner of Health, Dr. Muhammad Maikusidi, came from Limawa Area in Minna.

The Governor directed the State COVID-19 taskforce to isolate the area for 14 days.

The Governor also stated that all religious activities should remain suspended till further notice.
https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-bello-locks-down-niger-over-covid-19/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Nbote(m): 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
He has gotten what he wanted, his name on d list of covid 19 states

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by skymight(m): 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
FTC for the first time. I dedicate this to my follow Nairaland readers living at the street opposite well-spring university. Now back to topic, well that’s a nice approach anyway since they haven’t recorded any case

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by CokeBar(f): 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
Criminal activities on the rise in Niger state...

This lockdown is however necessary.

Quite strange that Suleja doesn't have a confirmed case yet considering the proximity to Abuja.

Thank God for safety.

7 Likes

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by skymight(m): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nbote:
Audio case I just finish reading the index Niger state got no case another way to steal

5 Likes

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by CapitalHYC(m): 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
Don't Quote me.. I'm A space booker , I don't have anything to say on this grin grin
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by seangy4konji: 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Audio

Let him not raise or cause any panic amongst his people.

I still see Niger as a corona free state some.minutes ago.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by brandon2009: 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
hhh
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Kiddinpoh(m): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Dear Lord, please heal our land oo... And some idiots still have the temerity to embezzle the COVID-19 funds. Can any Nigerian politician make heaven at all?
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
Oooh!!!
He just started his lock down when we are preparing open up?

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by rawtouch: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
why did he open it before

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Ozovehe65(m): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hmmmmm.......it's well o
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Abdulrahmann100: 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2020
They said that prevention is far better than to be curing
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Tranquility4u: 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
This virus is spreading in Nigeria. From Lagos to FCT, to Osun, Ogun, Benue, Enugu, Rivers, Kaduna, Kwara etc and now in Niger.

It is unbelievable that some Nigerians still believe that this coronavirus is just audio virus, despite the fact that some Nigerians have died with this virus.

May Allah, The Almighty, The Most Powerful, protect us from this pandemic.

6 Likes

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by DesignHave: 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
angry

Why did he take so long though?
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by KingKingKing: 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
skymight:
Audio case I just finish reading the index Niger state got no case another way to steal

Just shows how dumb and insensitive you are to those infected..

Would you say Amen if I prayed that this Audio Virus befalls you and yours up to your 6th generation?

Cuz u got a data worth 10MB doesn't give you the f**king right to say shi!

You got nothing to say , shut your modaf**king mouth up and show some empathy!

I think a brain test should be conducted on some kindergarten kids before owning an account on naira land

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by BankyGee(m): 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
Niger State is a fvcking state. Ahswear I don't know the governor's name. This state is just lagging behind in everything! I don't even think we have an isolation center yet.

Go to the capital, you will cry. Traffic lights are just for fashion. When drivers see 'RED' light, they accelerate! Who does that FFS?!

The dirtiest people in the world live there, so I wonder how this Coro guy won't spread in this state... God help us undecided

4 Likes

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Shegzy8(m): 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
Good day nairalanders. Please, I am in need!! I've exhausted all the cash and foodstuff I have during this lockdown. I came out some days back and a good Samaritan helped me with something(1,400 naira). I appreciate his effort, but it was unable to sustain me and my family. I've no means to get money or foodstuff, I'm a photographer and I can't earn cause all events has been postponed. Please any good Samaritan can ask for my account details. God bless

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by danduchi(m): 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nbote:
I think this man has been doing well regarding the fight against covid-19. The one case in Niger was reported in Suleja very close to Abuja. I heard the person paid his way through to be with his family in Suleja from Abuja since the state has been on lockdown. The taskforce there are to be blamed and not the governor. Please get your facts right before dashing out insults. Remember he was the first to impose curfew in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Bluffly: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
CokeBar:

Quite strange that Suleja doesn't have a confirmed case yet considering the proximity to Abuja.

Thank God for safety.
Its among the elites and they don't live in Suleja
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by usman3688(m): 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nbote:
U r so correct. We have terrible leaders in this country. They r not proactive at all. U that share a common border with Abuja and u knw the situation in Abuja u still went ahead to relax curfew and tell workers to resume work. We r just cursed with terrible leaders in this country. Now they have a case then they will take it seriously. Bunch of nincompoops
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Yada01(m): 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2020
This one no be governor na community head.

4 Likes

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Shittu22(m): 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
CokeBar:

Thank God for safety.
But suleja is in niger state
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by usman3688(m): 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author=CokeBar post=88331482]Criminal activities on the rise in Niger state...

Thank God for safety.[/quote

How r u sure about that, some pple will norlt come out and tell the authorities now, I'm sure u have heard about the story of the man that died in ilorin. Its only God that can rescue and save us from this deadly virus. I hope and pray it becomes a thing of the past soon.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by CokeBar(f): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
danduchi:
I think this man has been doing well regarding the fight against covid-19. The one case in Niger was reported in Suleja very close to Abuja. I heard the person paid his way through to be with his family in Suleja from Abuja since the state has been on lockdown. The taskforce there are to be blamed and not the governor. Please get your facts right before dashing out insults. Remember he was the first to impose curfew in Nigeria

Did you read what the commissioner of health said at all?

He said:
The case, according to the Commissioner of Health, Dr. Muhammad Maikusidi, came from Limawa Area in Minna.

The Governor directed the State COVID-19 taskforce to isolate the area for 14 days.

Not Suleja

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by kem80405: 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Jaykay33(m): 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
YoungPerson:

I'd help but same shoes bro
hey don't worry God will provide I pray so, hope u are staying safe?
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by CokeBar(f): 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
[quote author=usman3688 post=88332335][/quote]

I am not sure, hence I said no 'confirmed' case.

Until there's a confirmed case, we cannot say Suleja has any.
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by Xisnin(m): 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
skymight:
The bold is why half education is dangerous, it turns out confident illiterates.
SMH
Re: Abubakar Bello Locks Down Niger Over COVID-19 by CokeBar(f): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
Shittu22:

But suleja is in niger state

Reread my statement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanu, Igboho: Our Sons Are Not Terrorist - Ohaneze, Afenifere Says / "Tell Your Paymasters You’re Too Old For The Assignment" - Abure To Apapa / Kogi: Joint Task Force Arrests Thugs Linked To SDP's Muri, Recovers Ammunitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.