Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,677 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? (1116 Views)

Ugwuanyi Rewards Woman Who Returned N14M Erroneously Paid To Her (Photos) / Enugu Government Invites Woman Who Returned N14M Erroneously Paid To Her Account / Anthony Enahoro Was Indicted By A Military Panel In 1976 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by GamalNasser: 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
An old Nigerian government Gazette has surfaced online that shows that one of the people pardoned recently by Buhari Govt Pa Anthony Enahoro had previously been pardoned by another govt for the same offence many years ago .

Did the Buhari govt not know of this before going ahead to re-pardon a man that had been previously pardoned by another govt or is it normal for a govt to pardon someone twice over the same issue..

See below attachment of the old Gazette archiving the previous pardon of PA Enahoro

Cc Lalasticlala
Sarrki , rusher14, racoon , Madridguy ,Meleszenawi zombiepunisher

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by Oblitz(m): 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by iammo(m): 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
common sense would had have you ask how many times Anenih had gotten convicted on charges of corruption and related criminal nature
Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by GamalNasser: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
iammo:
common sense would had have you ask how many times Anenih had gotten convicted on charges of corruption and related nature

You tell us because most of us don't know

2 Likes

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by madridguy(m): 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Make i dey here first.
Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by SafiuMuhammedO: 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
[s]
iammo:
common sense would had have you ask how many times Anenih had gotten convicted on charges of corruption and related criminal nature
[/s]
i miss you love kiss
Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by Staro: 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2020

This president never ever seems to know anything happening
around him

Unarguably, the worst president in the history of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by LibertyRep: 5:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
I'm no longer surprised.

Is it not the same government that says school feeding programme will continue when it's the government that had earlier ordered lockdown of schools nationwide.

There seems to be lack of co-ordination and direction.
Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
Buhari and his bunch of BMC zombies are suffering from collective loss of amnesia.

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by Amotolongbo(f): 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
iammo:

I can recollect that Pa Anthony Enahoro was charged in 1997 by Gen Sani Abacha for treason along with Rtd Gen Alani Akinrinade And Wole Soyinka.

The case was however dropped by Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar.

2 Likes

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by OK2NVME: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
[s]The Gazzete is date August 1966.

Ambrose Ali may have been pardoned by the Gowon military government in connection with the pardon granted Awolowo over his treason conviction. I don't know if Ambrose Ali was also convicted for treason or lesser charge alongside Awolowo.

The question to ask is if Ambrose Ali was ever convicted in any criminal case prior to the July counter-coup.

The pardon granted Ali posthumously was for his conviction for corruption by a Military Tribunal in 1984.[/s]

Corrected.

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by GamalNasser: 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
OK2NVME:
The Gazzete is date August 1966.

Ambrose Ali may have been pardoned by the Gowon military government in connection with the pardon granted Awolowo over his treason conviction. I don't know if Ambrose Ali was also convicted for treason or lesser charge alongside Awolowo.

The question to ask is if Ambrose Ali was ever convicted in any criminal case prior to the July counter-coup.

The pardon granted Ali posthumously was for his conviction for corruption by a Military Tribunal in 1984.

Is Ambrose Alli not different from Enahoro?
Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by OK2NVME: 5:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
GamalNasser:

Is Ambrose Alli not different from Enahoro?

Ohh sorry.

I was thinking of Ali because that was what was trending just yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by Niaja4real(m): 5:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
OK2NVME:
The Gazzete is date August 1966.

The pardon granted Ali posthumously was for his conviction for corruption by a Military Tribunal in 1984.

Some Nigerians like this one are so chronically stupid.
What has Pa Anthony Enaharo's name got to do with Ambrose Alli's name

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by OK2NVME: 5:48pm On Apr 11, 2020
Niaja4real:

Some Nigerians like this one are so chronically stupid.
What has Pa Anthony Enaharo's name got to do with Ambrose Alli's name

It was a honest mistake. I was thinking of Ali's pardon.

Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by JAMO84: 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
Staro:

This president never ever seems to know anything happening
around him

Unarguably, the worst president in the history of Nigeria

A fool cannot rule 200 million people thrice. Once as a military, twice elected as a civilian President. If you want to know the worst president in Nigeria history, look between 2010 and 2015!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by Kingseex1(m): 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
errors upon errors
Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
This shouldn't be a suprise. He has appointed dead men in the past to various positions..

He has eulogized abacha on many occasions.

Even those defending buhari looks like APC whenever you look at them..

Very tattered and haggard..... diminished, brain gay and most of them spiritually displaced.

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by sinkhole: 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
The presidential handler committed the error and I am very sure they will soon come out to say " the presidency was misquoted on the issue of pardon" embarassed

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by ClassicMan202(m): 6:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
This administration's foolishness is like telemundo.... Extraordinary everyday

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by GamalNasser: 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:
This shouldn't be a suprise. He has appointed dead men in the past to various positions..

He has eulogized abacha on many occasions.

Even those defending buhari looks like APC whenever you look at them..

Very tattered and haggard..... diminished, brain gay and most of spiritually displaced.

You have said it all
Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by Ezemust: 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2020
JAMO84:
A fool cannot rule 200 million people thrice. Once as a military, twice elected as a civilian President. If you want to know the worst president in Nigeria history, look between 2010 and 2015!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
a foolish president is elected by foolish ppl.please dont forget

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Mad o, buhari Don craze

Rest in peace chief Anthony Enahoro,

We would never forget

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by Staro: 7:10pm On Apr 11, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING

Read the last paragraph

Re: Did Buhari Erroneously Pardon PA Enahoro Twice ? by schoolmaster: 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
OK2NVME:

It was a honest mistake. I was thinking of Ali's pardon.

Sorry.
by

Then delete or edict the post

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Video Of Late Abba Kyari Rating Buhari Goverment High In Performance / Vp Osinbajo Meets Members Of Economic Advisory Council / Now I Know This Truly Is Yorubaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.