Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Xiaomi Or Samsung - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Or Samsung (8652 Views)

With 400k, Would You Buy Xiaomi Or Samsung? / Which Phone Should I Go For Xiaomi Or Infinix? / Xiaomi Or Huawei Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
Good evening everyone.

I have been contemplating on the phone to get for the past one month now. I wanted to buy the Redmi note 8 pro but was unable to do that because I fell sick and the lockdown started.

I have gone through the Xiaomi reviews over and over again and the fear of few things has been keeping me from making the decision.
1) There has been complaints of some of the phones having network issues and some other minor issues I hear.
The whole tweaking to install Gcam and other stuffs that includes flashing or ROM or so.

The Note 9s is out but I have not seen anyone use it, so, I don't know if it would be a waste of money.

Then, someone advised that I should buy Samsung A70 or so. But I am looking at the fact that most Samsung phones have battery issues. They don't run on Android 10 and I wonder if it would be possible to get the updates after buying the phone.

I really don't want to waste money honestly.

My budget is 80-90k and I can increase it if possible..

If not Redmi note 9s, what better Xiaomi do you think I can get and not waste money?
Or should I just buy Samsung but I really I want to change brand too and the screen price is annoying too.

Specs that I am looking out for

Faster processor
Better battery life (I am an heavy user)
Best Camera
Android 10 and other updates that won't drain battery..
Type C charger and fast charging too

Kindly help me out please. Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by divinehand2003(m): 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2020
Samsung please

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
I have used xiaomi and I plan on porting to Samsung(s10e) but this lock down is delaying it.

Listen unless you're buying Samsung s series or note series it's best you buy that note 8 pro.
Samsung A series is rubbish, most of them use a low exynos processor which is nowhere the redmi note 8 pro Helio GT90 ( tested and trusted)

Highly recommend you buy the redmi especially since you're girl and you ladies love pictures too much, the camera quality is INSANE just check YouTube or go to a store and test it the camera is insane but if you can increase your budget to 100k I'm sure you can find a UK used Samsung note 9
If it's not Note or s series, forget it.

Modified:
Not to sound sexist but a lady asking about processor grin
Anyways redmi note 8 pro over any Samsung A series device. Exynos is shit as said before unless you get the exynos 9820(this one is actually good)
Battery, redmi is better.
Samsung A70 has 25w fast charge.
I'm yet to see a Samsung A series phone with a ground breaking good camera so it's redmi.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Karex81(m): 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
Get xiaomi redmi note 8 pro if you are a gamer it has a faster processor than the remaining two. But phone is not all about processor, xiaomi should be using amoled screen, i know they are trying to save cost. Samsung a70 balances everything the processor + software (one ui )+ super amoled screen + indisplay fingerprint, brand name etc. I prefer u pick Samsung.

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
I have used samsung and Xiaomi. I don't want to ever use Samsung again . Xiaomi phones are sweet,smooth,fast,etc.

9 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
udy821:
I have used samsung and Xiaomi. I don't want to ever use Samsung again . Xiaomi phones are sweet,smooth,fast,etc.
Which Samsung did you buy? angry

S7? grin

12 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Karex81(m): 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
udy821:
Samsung should up their game on thier exynos chipset, even mediatek is competing with them.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
Karex81:

Samsung should up their game on thier exynos chipset, even mediatek is competing with them.
Have you seen the exynos 9820?
If runs Fornite on epic graphics and pubg on hdr ( this is pubg fault cuz even SD 855 does HDR)
It's a pretty good chipset.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2020
Failure44:
I have used xiaomi and I plan on porting to Samsung(s10e) but this lock down is delaying it.

Listen unless you're buying Samsung s series or note series it's best you buy that note 8 pro.
Samsung A series is rubbish, most of them use a low exynos processor which is nowhere the redmi note 8 pro Helio GT90 ( tested and trusted)

Highly recommend you buy the redmi especially since you're girl and you ladies love pictures too much, the camera quality is INSANE just check YouTube or go to a store and test it the camera is insane but if you can increase your budget to 100k I'm sure you can find a UK used Samsung note 9
If it's not Note or s series, forget it.

Modified:
Not to sound sexist but a lady asking about processor grin
Anyways redmi note 8 pro over any Samsung A series device. Exynos is shit as said before unless you get the exynos 9820(this one is actually good)
Battery, redmi is better.
Samsung A70 has 25w fast charge.
I'm yet to see a Samsung A series phone with a ground breaking good camera so it's redmi.

I am asking about processor because I am not really a picture freak..My phone processor matters a lot to me before camera sir..

Thank you very much for your advice, I really appreciate it.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Demmtek(m): 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2020
please go for redmi note 8 pro you have a beast of phone
I regret swapping my phone for Samsung

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:

I am asking about processor because I am not really a picture freak..My phone processor matters a lot to me before camera sir..

Thank you very much for your advice, I really appreciate it.
Just so you know... Processors actually determine camera quality.
Yah and no problem .

8 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
udy821:

Thanks so much for your response

What Xiaomi do you think I should I get?

Note 8 pro, Note 9s or is the Note 9 pro max coming anytime soon?

What do you think of the K20 series too?

In terms of faster processor, battery life and camera too..

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
Failure44:

Yah and no problem .

Oh wow..Thanks for enlightening me on that..�

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
Karex81:

I heard mediatek(chipset) is produced in Taiwan
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
Karex81:
Get xiaomi redmi note 8 pro if you are a gamer it has a faster processor than the remaining two. But phone is not all about processor, xiaomi should be using amoled screen, i know they are trying to save cost. Samsung balances a70 everything the processor + software (one ui )+ super amoled screen + indisplay fingerprint, brand name etc. I prefer u pick Samsung.

Are you saying Samsung is better because of the AMOLED display and brand name?

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
Failure44:

Yah and no problem .

That means Helio GT 90 is better than exynos right?
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
Demmtek:
please go for redmi note 8 pro you have a beast of phone
I regret swapping my phone for Samsung

Thanks so much for your response..I am really grateful
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:

k30 is ok aswel as k20 ,I think the k series are amoled
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:

That means Helio GT 90 is better than exynos right?
Em yes and no...

BTW just found out the A70 uses SD665 not exynos (surprisingly).
The GT90 is still better tho it's basically equivalent to SD 720-730

So yah it's still better than the A70 based on processor.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:

Note 9 pro max won't be here till May maybe even mid May.
Note 9s is barely different from note 8 pro, shockingly the note 8 pro is actually better the only difference with the note 9s is that it has slightly better camera and a better design with a bigger battery.
Nothing else

K20 isn't bad tbh, I feel the note 8 pro is somewhat better tbh
But the K20 pro? shocked
Quality phone with powerful chipset SD 855 but expensive.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:

Are you saying Samsung is better because of the AMOLED display and brand name?
take note : Xiaomi redmi phones are ips LCD while Xiaomi mi phones are amoled

7 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
Failure44:

Em yes and no...

BTW just found out the A70 uses SD665 not exynos (surprisingly).
The GT90 is still better tho it's basically equivalent to SD 720-730

So yah it's still better than the A70 based on processor.

Does that mean that I can compare the Redmi Note 9s to Note 8 pro? The Note 9s uses SD 720, isn't that higher than the processor in Note 8 pro?

You said a better processor equals to a better camera right? Should I still stick to Note 8 pro or go for Note 9s?

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by messicruzzy1: 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
Xiaomi
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 6:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
Failure44:

Note 9 pro max won't be here till May maybe even mid May.
Note 9s is barely different from note 8 pro, shockingly the note 8 pro is actually better the only difference with the note 9s is that it has slightly better camera and a better design with a bigger battery.
Nothing else

K20 isn't bad tbh, I feel the note 8 pro is somewhat better tbh
But the K20 pro? shocked
Quality phone with powerful chipset SD 855 but expensive.

Thanks so much for enlightening me on this...I am really learning a lot from you guys���
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 6:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
udy821:
take note : Xiaomi redmi phones are ips LCD while Xiaomi mi phones are amoled

I just did..Thank you very much..I will check it out��

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 6:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:

Does that mean that I can compare the Redmi Note 9s to Note 8 pro? The Note 9s uses SD 720, isn't that higher than the processor in Note 8 pro?

You said a better processor equals to a better camera right? Should I still stick to Note 8 pro or go for Note 9s?
The Helio G90T is arguably a better processor than the 720SD.
For gamers the Helio G90T is a better processor but for non gamers, there's not really much difference apart from SD is slightly better at giving quality pictures than meditek Helio and doesn't overheat but not much difference if you aren't a gamer.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 6:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:

Thanks so much for enlightening me on this...I am really learning a lot from you guys���
No problem I like educating people on phones grin

I recommend you use GSM arena to compare phones, makes choosing easier.
https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone2=9646&idPhone1=9812

Check it out
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
Failure44:

The Helio G90T is arguably a better processor than the 720SD.
For gamers the Helio G90T is a better processor but for non gamers, there's not really much difference apart from SD is slightly better at giving quality pictures than meditek Helio and doesn't overheat but not much difference if you aren't a gamer.

By gamer, you mean games like Pubg, PES, and co right?

I play just minor games and sometimes, call of duty, Mortal Kombat, and all that. But not Pubg. I don't play Pes with my phone since I am still learning it with a friend..( don't ask me how it going, my ass is being wiped but I won't back down��)

So, what is your final advise?

Also, the Redmi not being an AMOLED display a problem in any way?
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
Failure44:

No problem I like educating people on phones grin

I recommend you use GSM arena to compare phones, makes choosing easier.
https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone2=9646&idPhone1=9812

Check it out

Thank you very much..I am on that ��
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
PrettyBunny:

By gamer, you mean games like Pubg, PES, and co right?

I play just minor games and sometimes, call of duty, Mortal Kombat, and all that. But not Pubg. I don't play Pes with my phone since I am still learning it with a friend..( don't ask me how it going, my ass is being wiped but I won't back down��)

So, what is your final advise?

Also, the Redmi not being an AMOLED display a problem in any way?
People still play MK on phones? cheesy
You could add me on COD lemme join in wiping your ass - lesbianrobot wink ( won't be active Sha till I get my s10e)

Anyways just buy the redmi, that AMOLED screen doesn't really matter tbh it's just smoother and stronger but expensive to change ( just buy screen guard)
Apart from an AMOLED screen, faster charging and maybe brand name, there's nothing else that makes the A70 a right choice.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by PrettyBunny(f): 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
Failure44:

People still play MK on phones? cheesy
You could add me on COD lemme join in wiping your ass - lesbianrobot wink ( won't be active Sha till I get my s10e)

Anyways just buy the redmi, that AMOLED screen doesn't really matter tbh it's just smoother and stronger but expensive to change ( just buy screen guard)
Apart from an AMOLED screen, faster charging and maybe brand name, there's nothing else that makes the A70 a right choice.

I will definitely add you���..

Thanks so much for your time but you did not specify whether Note 9s or Note 8 pro or I should wait for Pro max..

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your help in helping me make decisions...God bless you ��
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by khingTony(m): 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
have you considered getting a UK/US used Galaxy S series ? let's say the Galaxy S9

since you are not a picture freak, the single camera setup will be okay for you, and it certainty is better than the Redmi Note 8 in some main features such as

A faster processor: SD 845-US/ Exynos 9810 - UK

a better super AMOLED display with 570 ppi compared to the redmi note 8's IPS LCD display with 395 PPI

a better body build without a "hole/notch" in the screen, battery life may not be excellent but you can always get a power bank to keep going smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mtel Wap / See How Nairaland Look Like On Chrome Dark Mode / How Can I Retreive My Lost Glo Sim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.