Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Xiaomi Or Samsung - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Or Samsung (8665 Views)

With 400k, Would You Buy Xiaomi Or Samsung? / Which Phone Should I Go For Xiaomi Or Infinix? / Xiaomi Or Huawei Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Ashraf123(f): 9:24am On Apr 13, 2020
Failure44:

Nice.
That mi 9t is a monster I wanted to buy it before but ended up going for the s10e
The only issue is don't allow it to fall too much cuz the back is glass (I think).
I know someone who broke he back of he's mi9t so be careful.
Noted. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by EnterpriseMan: 9:31am On Apr 13, 2020
PrettyBunny:
Good evening everyone.

I have been contemplating on the phone to get for the past one month now. I wanted to buy the Redmi note 8 pro but was unable to do that because I fell sick and the lockdown started.

I have gone through the Xiaomi reviews over and over again and the fear of few things has been keeping me from making the decision.
1) There has been complaints of some of the phones having network issues and some other minor issues I hear.
The whole tweaking to install Gcam and other stuffs that includes flashing or ROM or so.

The Note 9s is out but I have not seen anyone use it, so, I don't know if it would be a waste of money.

Then, someone advised that I should buy Samsung A70 or so. But I am looking at the fact that most Samsung phones have battery issues. They don't run on Android 10 and I wonder if it would be possible to get the updates after buying the phone.

I really don't want to waste money honestly.

My budget is 80-90k and I can increase it if possible..

If not Redmi note 9s, what better Xiaomi do you think I can get and not waste money?
Or should I just buy Samsung but I really I want to change brand too and the screen price is annoying too.

Specs that I am looking out for

Faster processor
Better battery life (I am an heavy user)
Best Camera
Android 10 and other updates that won't drain battery..
Type C charger and fast charging too

Kindly help me out please. Thank you very much

Trust me, Samsung is the only beast for you. if you are in lagos, you can get a brand new Samsung galaxy note 8 for around 100k.. I haven't actually ever used a Redmi device, so my advice might be one sided, but i am a heavy samsung fan. My previous phone was the galaxy not 8 actually, it was a beast before i got the galaxy note 10+. The screen quality is unmatched, The processor, The battery, and if you like fancy, Samsung is fancy. Heck i was contemplating btw the galaxy and iPhone back then, but now iphone 11 users literally can't stop looking at my phone. You budget can get you the galacy note 8. fast changing, good battery, an s pen, 8gb ram and damn beautiful. But the downside i would admit is that you should never let that phone fall undecided lipsrsealed . phones never fall from me so i can use one for a long time. But trust me, once it falls with its curved display, you should just start saving alot for a new screen (over 70k).

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:52am On Apr 13, 2020
I'd advise you to wait till after the lockdown is over then buy redmi note 9s instead of the note 8 pro.
Note 9s manages to remain cool after playing games for hours, however the reverse is the case for the note 8 pro plus the difference in performance isn't that much sef, there was a youtube video shared on the xiaomi thread showing the comparison but i can't find it again.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by dayveed1(m): 10:31am On Apr 13, 2020
udy821:
I have used samsung and Xiaomi. I don't want to ever use Samsung again . Xiaomi phones are sweet,smooth,fast,etc.
I wanted to say "you're dumb" but I should ask first which Samsung have you used?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by khingTony(m): 10:50am On Apr 13, 2020
dayveed1:
I wanted to say "you're dumb" but I should ask first which Samsung have you used?
probably S5 or S4 grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by mateen007: 10:59am On Apr 13, 2020
Failure44:

Nice.
That mi 9t is a monster I wanted to buy it before but ended up going for the s10e
The only issue is don't allow it to fall too much cuz the back is glass (I think).
I know someone who broke he back of he's mi9t so be careful.

I've actually been think about getting Samsung s10e, please how's the battery like and getting it new or UK used which is preferable? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 11:04am On Apr 13, 2020
mateen007:

I've actually been think about getting Samsung s10e, please how's the battery like and getting it new or UK used which is preferable? Thanks in anticipation.
I haven't gotten mine yet due to this Lockdown, it's basically new since the seller hasn't used it up to a month.
The battery?
Eh 3100 MAH isn't a lot most heavy users claim to get 6-8hrs worth of screen time. I recommend you get a power bank cuz that's what I'm planning to do since I'm a heavy user.

UK used for a smartphone with such a small battery wouldn't be recommended in my opinion, if you can afford brand new it's 115k-130k
Fairly used( not more than a month) 100k-115k

Apart from that the phone is basically an S10 without the telephoto camera, size and battery (tested to last surprisingly better than S10)

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by cedricksly: 11:07am On Apr 13, 2020
mateen007:

so u are actually asking which is preferable, getting second hand(aka UK USED) or getting a new one which is better Bros let ur budget decide that for u. No time second hand product has been better than brand new
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by mateen007: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2020
[quote author=Failure44 post=88391032]
I haven't gotten mine yet due to this Lockdown, it's basically new since the seller hasn't used it up to a month.
The battery?

Yeah I've actually seen a lot of reviews about it too. The battery is actually the major reason why I needed to know if buying a fairly used makes sense, so please where did u get yours?
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by mateen007: 11:29am On Apr 13, 2020
cedricksly:
so u are actually asking which is preferable, getting second hand(aka UK USED) or getting a new one which is better Bros let ur budget decide that for u. No time second hand product has been better than brand new

I get u 100% you'd want to spend wisely most times but at times you just have to dig deep if it's worth it.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 11:33am On Apr 13, 2020
[quote author=mateen007 post=88391865][/quote]
Found a seller on jiji that resides in PH, sadly it's exynos varient.
If you're too sacred of the battery you could go the note 9 but from the reviews I have watched the s10e shockingly beat the note 9, seems to do better at processing battery power.

Oh well, Samsung isn't known for good batteries unless you're going for S10+ grin
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by mateen007: 11:42am On Apr 13, 2020
Failure44:

Found a seller on jiji that resides in PH, sadly it's exynos varient.grin

Ikr, the funny thing is I'm not even a Samsung person, my redmi note 7 was stolen and getting another I had to just do a research on something that'll be top quality (to be used for a long time) and cheap too and actually that s10e is the perfect one there in my opinion judging by reviews too. I would welcome your opinions too please.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 11:45am On Apr 13, 2020
mateen007:

Ikr, the funny thing is I'm not even a Samsung person, my redmi note 7 was stolen and getting another I had to just do a research on something that'll be top quality (to be used for a long time) and cheap too and actually that s10e is the perfect one there in my opinion judging by reviews too. I would welcome your opinions too please.
It's a powerful smartphone, it's even labeled as a flagship ship/ high end phone
Same camera with S10 just without telephoto
Same powerful processor
Basically everything is the same just a smaller battery and size.
I just want it so I can play games at the highest graphics cuz exynos 9820 na powerful something grin

But if you can get the SD855
shocked
Found someone selling it but the phone is single sim with a crack on the screen and camera.

Fear nor fi allow me buy am
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by mateen007: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Failure44:

It's a powerful smartphone, it's even labeled as a flagship ship/ high end phone

Na just the fear be the thing jare, u been following the xiaomi thread too?
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2020
mateen007:

Na just the fear be the thing jare, u been following the xiaomi thread too?
Former xiaomi user.
Sold it to buy the redmi note 8 pro but later changed to the s10e when I got more funds.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Themaths(m): 2:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
Failure44:

The battery?
Eh 3100 MAH isn't a lot most heavy users claim to get 6-8hrs worth of screen time. I recommend you get a power bank cuz that's what I'm planning to do since I'm a heavy user.

UK used for a smartphone with such a small battery wouldn't be recommended in my opinion, if you can afford brand new it's 115k-130k
Fairly used( not more than a month) 100k-115k

Apart from that the phone is basically an S10 without the telephoto camera, size and battery (tested to last surprisingly better than S10)
The S10 has better screen too, don't forget.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 2:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
Themaths:

The S10 has better screen too, don't forget.
Yes and attracts an extra 50k
Wanna waste some money on myself abeg
Not everything is about gadgets
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Themaths(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2020
Failure44:

Yes and attracts an extra 50k
Wanna waste some money on myself abeg
Not everything is about gadgets
Surprisingly, the price difference is not up to 50k. I even think the S10 lite is even more expensive considering the two devices were released 1yr apart.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
Themaths:

Surprisingly, the price difference is not up to 50k. I even think the S10 lite is even more expensive considering the two devices were released 1yr apart.
It is, The 50k I even added is small.
Fairly used is 165k, that's the least I have seen.
S10lite is garbage, The phone doesn't have any IP rating meaning it isn't water resistant or even dust resistant.
Low brightness and low ppi

The s10e is better
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
dayveed1:
are u working or fighting for Samsung. I ate beans I don't like d beans(brand) wetin come pain you now,na your belle I eat am put or na your money ni? You must be stupid ! Did I call you to answer my comments or I come knock for your door?
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Themaths(m): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
Failure44:

It is, The 50k I even added is small.
Fairly used is 165k, that's the least I have seen.
S10lite is garbage, The phone doesn't have any IP rating meaning it isn't water resistant or even dust resistant.
Low brightness and low ppi

The s10e is better
Wait, what are we comparing? S10 vs S10 Lite or S10e Vs S10lite?
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by dayveed1(m): 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2020
udy821:
are u working or fighting for Samsung. I ate beans I don't like d beans(brand) wetin come pain you now,na your belle I eat am put or na your money ni? You must be stupid ! Did I call you to answer my comments or I come knock for your door?
you can't even construct a good sentence. I struggle to understand the gibberish you typed there. Adios.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
Themaths:

Wait, what are we comparing? S10 vs S10 Lite or S10e Vs S10lite?
Em, all? grin
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
dayveed1:
you can't even construct a good sentence. I struggle to understand the gibberish you typed there. Adios.
it's pigin English ,olodo. Who is constructing English with you, that is how u carry curse on your head by looking for trouble.You think I'm your mate? Continue u hear!!! You think it's anyone you can talk to online anyhow abi? Continue!!!
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Themaths(m): 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
Failure44:

Em, all? grin
lmao.....okay, i still think the S10 Lite is the most expensive, because it's a 2020 phone of almost flagship qualities followed by S10 and S10e both of which are from Feb, 2019
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by dayveed1(m): 4:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
it's pigin English ,olodo. Who is constructing English with you, that is how u carry curse on your head by looking for trouble.You think I'm your mate? Continue u hear!!! You think it's anyone you can talk to online anyhow abi? Continue!!!
Lol from where to where? Pele o arugbo oojo. What exactly did I say that offended you? This lock down must have affected you really bad. This isn't like you. Greet the grandkids for me grin
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
Themaths:

lmao.....okay, i still think the S10 Lite is the most expensive, because it's a 2020 phone of almost flagship qualities followed by S10 and S10e both of which are from Feb, 2019
Year doesn't matter, features do.
Like I said the S10 Lite has no IP rating at all, like no Water resistance, No dust resistance not even common splash resistance.
The ipp is low, the phone isn't even worth a mention.

The S10e battery shockingly outperforms the S10 by a few mins of SOT.
S10 just get extra camera and size, big for nothing grin
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Themaths(m): 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
Failure44:

Year doesn't matter, features do.
Like I said the S10 Lite has no IP rating at all, like no Water resistance, No dust resistance not even common splash resistance.
The ipp is low, the phone isn't even worth a mention.

The S10e battery shockingly outperforms the S10 by a few mins of SOT.
S10 just get extra camera and size, big for nothing grin
Also better memory options. In terms of battery, the extra 300mah difference will get sucked up by the QHD screen. But honestly, i still prefer the S10+. Been looking up options on ebay, 7.5-9/10 in terms of cosmetics, prices ranging from $395 to $450.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by mateen007: 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2020
Themaths:

Also better memory options. In terms of battery, the extra 300mah difference will get sucked up by the QHD screen. But honestly, i still prefer the S10+. Been looking up options on ebay, 7.5-9/10 in terms of cosmetics, prices ranging from $395 to $450.

I feel lucky to have found this thread grin since we have a common goal, kindly carry me along if u find sweet deals, please. The best way to actually buy Samsung and other top expensive phones is to buy them a year after, they still maintain their quality and relevance.
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 5:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
Themaths:

Exactly, That QHD screen is a vampire.
Memory options don't matter, 128gb is more than enough, 6gb ram is almost Overkill

The S10+ is fucken perfect, I just wish the battery were bigger.
One part of me wants to buy this phone but man needs to spoil himself small grin
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Themaths(m): 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
mateen007:

I feel lucky to have found this thread grin since we have a common goal, kindly carry me along if u find sweet deals, please. The best way to actually buy Samsung and other top expensive phones is to buy them a year after, they still maintain their quality and relevance.
Hehehe.....e be like say we plenty. But i have other options sha, like the Realme X2 Pro, LG V50 Thinq, OnePlus 7/7T Pro, Xiaomi Note 10 Pro, and of course the Samsung S10+. They all have their strengths and weaknesses
Re: Xiaomi Or Samsung by Failure44: 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
mateen007:

Ah
A year? shocked
You wan buy half dead phone? grin

I can never buy a phone that's more than 3 months old even tho is my first time buying a second hand phone (S10e barely 1 month old)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Retreive My Lost Glo Sim / Using Game Pad With Your Andriod Phone / Exclusive Pictures Of Infinix Zero 4/zero 4 Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.