Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? (12670 Views)

How To Understand Guys Who Want Long Term Relationships / Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . / Why Many Relationships Break Up Just Before Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by nurabela: 5:57am On Jan 04, 2011
Why do long term relationships break up? Give 4 reasons why long term relationships break up.
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by calddon(m): 6:14am On Jan 04, 2011
dis ur question is hard o!
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by NegroKing(m): 7:25am On Jan 04, 2011
1) too much of everything is bad
2) familiarity breeds contempt
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by tpia1: 7:29am On Jan 04, 2011
because bad belle people break them up.
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by justwise(m): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2011
tpia1:

because bad belle people break them up.

. . .because u allowed bad belle pple to break it up for u
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by beey2(m): 9:03am On Jan 04, 2011
1. Betrayance
2. Winch
3. Bad confluencial frnds
4. He don sea anoda girl wey fine pass,
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by CArt(m): 9:29am On Jan 04, 2011
Too much of exposure of :Body
                                        Character
                                    financial standard/ stability
other relationships
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by yunafa(f): 11:36am On Jan 04, 2011
familiarity, obsolence,
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by Vijay4life(m): 11:41am On Jan 04, 2011
I don't know why because I and my wife dated for thirteen years before we got married.
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 04, 2011
Both short n long term r/ships break. So kini big tin abt long term r/ship. Ok mayb d Mr/Mrs right shows in na. Abi?
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by ahf(m): 11:44am On Jan 04, 2011
Do you have any statistics for this? % breakup?

Did you mean "Why do most long term relationships break up ?

A tough question indeed !!
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by shekone(m): 11:55am On Jan 04, 2011
1. Hidden skeleton dat has been revealed
2. Third party
3. Seeing somebody else
4. When value drops
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by 190: 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2011
U kant eat one soup for ever~

Not that ure married or smtin,

LTR always fail, thats why i advise ppl to settle down with 1-2yrs of datin
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by earlalright(m): 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2011
FOR THE first time in a long time, i need to think before replying. however, most people say they get tired of the relationship - of each other. and i think that is because there was no long term commitment like marriage vows to the relationship.

Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by Dyt(f): 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2011
cld b tirin
peer group
exposure
outta love
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by denony(m): 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2011
Vijay4life:

I don't know why because I and my wife dated for thirteen years before we got married.

THAT MEANS BOTH OF U STARTED DATING AFTER U STOPPED BREAST FEEDING.
HOW OLD ARE U ANYWAY?
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by segunjowo(m): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2011
90 percent of long-term r/ships breaks up because people get bored of repetitions without solid grounds such as marriage. I can bet with you, most mariages will break up after some years but for the vows on the alter. And so it follows that after getting used to your partner, you get tired of familarity and for such a long term as 5yrs and above. This is QED cos there's no vow for beter for worse, Most relationships that leads to marriage is withing zero to 2 yrs. Statistically prooved.
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by daroz(m): 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2011
nurabela:

Why do long term relationships break up? Give 4 reasons why long term relationships break up.

@poster, which kind stupid question be that??
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by pkasso(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2011
don't know why !!!!.sorry
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by cammax7(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
For a moment i thought this was a mid semester test question or something. or is it a take home assignment?
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by JUO(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2011
bad friends
insincerity
exposure
love don finish
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by sistajay(f): 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2011
Out grown each other! angry

Distance! sad

mojo semi retired!! grin

Facebook!! smiley
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by Saheed9: 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2011
I just started a relationship that i know will be long term. Do you mean i should marry at 20
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by bignaija(m): 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2011
mine is 8years i i wish just flirted until i got ready for marriage
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by JUO(m): 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2011
I just started a relationship that i know will be long term. Do you mean i should marry at 20
try and see
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by maasoap(m): 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2011
This is one of the few meaningful posts I've ever seen on NL! Naturally, lovers usually get tired of each other for one reason or the other. And that's why prophet Mohamed (S.A.W.) advised the muslims lovers to tie the knots as quickly as possible and not to waste too much time on courtship.
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by yaris(m): 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2011
nonsense
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2011
bad belle
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by gee2(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2011
forcing oneself to luv partner

no grooving
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by Johnnny(m): 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2011
Well in my own opinion; long term relationship tends to break due to the following reasons:

1.   Unnecessary family pressure/interferences:   Most long term relationship get broken when the family members (from either of the divide) begins to mount too much pressure on the relationship.  When relationship gets too long family members starts to interfere one way or another and could cause problems.

2.   Too much familiarity:  In most relationships, both couples keeps their weaknesses away from their partners and projects their strengths until marriage. but the longer the relationship lasts the more they let down their guard and starts showing those hidden sides of their life.  The more familiar they get; the less intrigued they will be about each other, they starts getting bored with each other and more skeletons in the cupboard will start becoming exposed and could spark a break in the relationship.

3.   Love lost (Fades):   No matter how docile you may think you are there is that thing that makes you remain a human and that is curiousity.   Many relationships starts with excitement, anxiousness and flair, and so in time love tends to behave like an esposed ice-cream it starts melting away with time and gradually loses its grandeur, interests starts wavering, trying out new things-(curiousity) starts rearing its head.

4.   Unforgiveable mistakes/Occurences:  There are things that are bound to occur in a relationship, and that includes mistakes and misdoings (to err is human), some are easy to forgive and forget and some are very hard to forgive, but are unforgetable, if those later ones happen in a long term relationship before marriage, the couple learns to deal with it or break up especially if it has become a recurrent occurence.

I don try abed1 wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by clogogo(m): 2:05pm On Jan 04, 2011
na God will
Re: Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? by Blazay(m): 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2011
1. People change
2. Things change
3. Situations change
4. Medical changes

One word. . . CHANGE. For better of for worse. . .the only true constant in life is CHANGE.

No condition is permanent in this world. cool

Bring it on!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want A Lady That Checks All On This List / This Picture Was Organized By The Japanese Neurologist / She Gave Me Her Number. Is She Cheap?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.