Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents (9160 Views)

Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Preaches Peace, Faith In God / EndSARS: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Protesters / Throwback Photo Of Governor Ugwuanyi & Anayo Nwosu, His Classmate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by OEPHIUS(m): 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
FULL TEXT OF THE EASTER MESSAGE BY THE GOVERNOR OF ENUGU STATE, HIS EXCELLENCY, RT. HON. IFEANYI UGWUANYI, ESPECIALLY IN VIEW OF THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19) PANDEMIC RAVAGING THE WORLD, April 11, 2020.

“Maka Odinamma Anyi”
Ndi Enugu,

1. The forty-day long Lenten Season has gradually come to an end, ushering in Easter, when we join fellow Christians the world over to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. On your behalf, I glorify the God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob, and the awesome God of David, who gave His only begotten son as atonement for our sins and preserved us to witness yet another celebration of His resurrection, our reassurance and hope for eternal life.

2. However, I must acknowledge that this is an unusual Easter, not only for us as a people but also for the entire humanity as the world currently grapples with the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Coronavirus is by far the worst global health challenge in recent history as it continues to wreck public health, human lives, economies, and social wellbeing of nations, from one end of the earth to the other. Expectedly, the entire world is fighting back in solidarity and in determined effort to contain the pandemic.
Ndi Enugu,

3. Unusual times demand unusual measures. Consequently, the Government of Enugu State, in reinforcing the protocol released by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and in response to our local peculiarities, has put in place policies and precautionary measures to prevent communal spread of the deadly virus in our dear State. We are not unmindful of the difficulties and inconveniences that these measures present but they are undoubtedly in the best public interest. Global experience shows that with the Coronavirus Disease, prevention remains the best option, hence the need for social distancing and drastic reduction in the movement of people. I must, therefore, appreciate you all for your understanding and cooperation so far.

4. Meanwhile, going forward and in our collective interest as a people, maka odinamma anyi, all the precautionary measures put in place to mitigate the pandemic remain in force during the Easter celebration and until the government directs otherwise. It is my utmost belief that there will be light at the end of this dreadful tunnel if all of us work with one mind to confront the pandemic. I, therefore, crave your understanding as you bear the temporary inconveniences with calmness and good spirit, cooperating with relevant authorities to ensure full compliance and smooth enforcement of all government directives and measures.

5. Let me commend the 17 Local Government Councils of Enugu State, for showing leadership at this critical time. I commend you for complementing the State Government’s efforts by taking both awareness campaigns and palliatives to our rural communities. Likewise, I commend our traditional rulers, Presidents-General of town unions as well as the town criers for the great job they are doing at enlightening our people at the community level. Commendation also goes to the various security agencies and other relevant public institutions, which have been working hard to enforce compliance and the security of the lives and property of our people at this time.

6. Enugu State is one big, peaceful family and I appreciate our stakeholders and political leaders for reaching out to our people, for being their brothers’ keepers in the spirit of Onye aghana nwanne ya. To our various religious groups and all our revered religious leaders, who have continued to support us with prayers, I say a big thank you for your encouragement.

7. I must single out for special commendation our health workers, who are in the frontline of the war against the Coronavirus Disease. Your love for humanity and your sacrifice to keep Ndi Enugu safe from the pandemic stand you out as true patriots. May our good Lord continue to strengthen and protect you. As a government, we will continue to accord you all the necessary support and encouragement to discharge your duties.
Ndi Enugu,

8. Let me conclude by emphasising that the times may be challenging, but we are reassured of victory by the resurrection power of our Lord Jesus Christ and by the fact that Enugu State remains firmly in the hands of God. All we need do is to play our parts as responsible government and citizens at these unusual times. Let us celebrate this Easter in supplications to God, staying safe, and observing the various guidelines and directives released for the prevention of further spread of COVID-19.

May our good Lord continue to bless and keep you.

I wish you a spiritually rewarding Easter celebration.

RT. HON. IFEANYI UGWUANYI Governor, Enugu State

3 Likes

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by successmatters(m): 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
Best governor in Nigeria 2018 and 2019 according to most newspaper polls.

Continue winning no matter what the haters who are not native of the East but use fake Igbo monikers to attack you.

These people are so naive that they think that by painting Igbo leaders in bad light, their own lazy leaders will look better grin grin grin grin

people that has never visited the east since their whole life claiming fake language by using Google translate grin

Udo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Martini101(m): 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
We did not vote Ugwuanyi to be writing Essays for us!!!!
He should do what he was voted for.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by successmatters(m): 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
Martini101:

They have arrived from Oshogbo grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Martini101(m): 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
successmatters:

They have arrived from Oshogbo grin

Nwanne, rapu okwu, n’okwu abughi nri. Governor anyi bu ori Semo na ofe Onugbu!!!! (My brother, leave talk, talk is not food . Our Governor eats Semo and Onugbu soup)

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by successmatters(m): 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Martini101:

Nwanne, rapu okwu, n’okwu abughi nri. Governor anyi bu ori Semo na ofe Onugbu!!!! (My brother, leave talk, talk is not food . Our Governor eats Semo and Onugbu soup)

Anyone can speak any language and yet not be from the place. I can pass for an American from New York on social media. But you are trying o. The time you use to learn and change all these languages you copy from Google translate could have made you a rich person.

Greet Oshogbo people for me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Efelebele3: 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
The governor don speak

1 Like

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by dharreyclothing(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
grin

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Slawormir: 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by athaboi(f): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Thank you his Excellency
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by mondbest(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
At least he address his state, while one particular leader was forced to address a whole nation which he claim to govern.
If he was not dragged like tiger generator, he won't have even remember to address his nation self

6 Likes

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by soft101: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Good .

But news about the index cases in Enugu?
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by mcmbonu: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Today is my Birthday. How many Likes for me.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Daniel058(m): 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Enugu
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by athaboi(f): 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Martini101:
person like you no even get voters card...you are only hating

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Isoduwa(m): 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
With empty stomach

1 Like

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by kabeerhabe(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
Seriously, with empty stomach.

meanwhile, i will be training people on software development and web designing on 15th of this month(April) via an audiovisual screen record format uploaded in google classroom, to join just whatsapp me on 08093921440

1 Like

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by jericco1(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
He said a lot without saying anything undecided

6 Likes

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by money121(m): 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by allen113: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
kiss
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Shegzy8(m): 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
Good day nairalanders. Please, I am in need!! I've exhausted all the cash and foodstuff I have during this lockdown. I came out some days back and a good Samaritan helped me with something(1,400 naira). I appreciate his effort, but it was unable to sustain me and my family. I've no means to get money or foodstuff, I'm a photographer and I can't earn cause all events has been postponed. Please any good Samaritan can ask for my account details. God bless
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by baillers123: 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
Happy easter to all. May God bless the executive governor enugu state, may God bless south east, may the joy, peace and blessings that comes with easter be upon us.. May we not be a victim to this pandemic ravishing the world, and may his light keep shining upon our lives each passing day.. In Jesus name... Amen God bless republic of Nigeria

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by rawtouch: 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
share the money
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by mrmajor5: 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and awesome God of Israel, when will u skip dis ones when making a speech
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Samirana360(m): 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
Martini101:
I makwa ihe?
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by oneTIMEman(m): 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
This man na mama

4 Likes

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by hisexcellency34: 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
Audio governor

4 Likes

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Caleb17: 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
419 Governor.. He appears innocent but very cunny man.

7 Likes

Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Edusouls(m): 7:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ok governor ugwuanyi you have really tried your best, as you always say Enugu is in the hands of God I think he hears you as well, because the state is just bubbling with life, safety and most of all peace that is hardly felt in many Nigerian states now...Daalu Olu..
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Imperare(f): 7:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Thank you governor
Re: Easter: Governor Ugwuanyi Addresses Enugu Residents by Valmekyz: 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
This is getting ugly.
Can someone pls help me in this forum. If u have enough pls
UBA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Discharges Uyiekpen Giwa-Osagie, Atiku’s Lawyer Over Alleged $2m Fraud / Lagos-Calabar Highway: Return To Library For Real Facts, Onanuga Tells Atiku / Biafra Will Be The Biggest Mistake Ever. Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.