Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China (52234 Views)

US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years / EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine / Hong Kong Lawmakers Fight Over Bill To Criminalise Abuse Of China's Anthem (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by egopersonified(f): 7:09am On Apr 12, 2020
When you think you have it all, then it all turns around to bite you in the ass. Please what are we also boycotting from China? This should be the world against China.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Amorprincesa24: 7:09am On Apr 12, 2020
With the high rate of insecurity and the very harsh investment climate in Nigeria? Forget it! They won't step a foot here.
yommen:

I think Nigeria should be making efforts to invite this investors. There is enough man power too in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Goshen360(m): 7:09am On Apr 12, 2020
kayrichy:
You don’t call the third largest economy an ant....China will surely feel the effect
continue deceiving yourself....China will eventually pay for this in one form or another....they are azzhole n ccp plus alot has or need to change before they should be accepted with trust except you're not listening to news and information I'm listening to
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by udemzyudex(m): 7:09am On Apr 12, 2020
sammyj:
The company producing the face mask M2 is an American own company that manufactures its products in China the capital of Wuhan virus!!!

Did they move to China just because of cheap labour or something else is involve?
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by RTSC: 7:11am On Apr 12, 2020
Where is the place of Africa in all this?

Companies would be leaving China in droves.
The most prepared nations will benefit.

I was arguing with some Indians on twitter who wanted all those companies to move to India and Vietnam.

I tried making a case for Nigeria, but when they listed the strength of India compared to Nigeria, I just weak.

When we ask for progressive government that knows what economics mean, some people say they want an old relic.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by blowjohn(m): 7:11am On Apr 12, 2020
valarmorghulis:
I think that's the right step, imagine France and US fighting over face mask from China?
They can't even produce enough face mask in US/france they had to rely on China.
I don't blame China sha, why would u allowed ur companies(apple, Nokia, Microsoft, volvo etc) moved to China all because of cheap labour, relax ur immigration law, allow immigrant to come and work, pay tax to d govt.

U.S and france ,UK etc have longer moved away from producing such items to producing hi tech products that's why.

3 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by udemzyudex(m): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2020
Azmanaty:
This Chinese virus has taught the world a lesson

I guess this will backfired, probably China didn't think about this when they decided to hide the virus from the world.

They started selling and making money thinking it will continue that way.
A lot of companies relied on China for little components etc,the virus really distablise these companies.

Those selling laptop accessories in CV couldn't buy they had to increase price on old stock.

All this because the world relied on China for some little things.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Chukwudozzie(m): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2020
For cheap labour
valarmorghulis:

Still doesn't change the fact that they rely on China
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by OLA4CHRIST1(m): 7:14am On Apr 12, 2020
Good for them
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by MERCHANDISER: 7:14am On Apr 12, 2020
koladata:
china doesn't use facebook, whatsap and google. They don't even use anything other than things produced in china, so why should any other country deal with them.
China is already falling....What if all countries stop patronising them?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by godfrey01(m): 7:15am On Apr 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
I predicted this two weeks ago , next America will move production to India and let's see what China is

predict the next surviving line of business after this epidermic. in Nigeria
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Crispels(m): 7:16am On Apr 12, 2020
koladata:
china doesn't use facebook, whatsap and google. They don't even use anything other than things produced in china, so why should any other country deal with them.

Do you know what you are saying? Most Chinese phones operate on Android platforms. Android is made by Google.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by sweetjohn(m): 7:16am On Apr 12, 2020
valarmorghulis:
I think that's the right step, imagine France and US fighting over face mask from China?
They can't even produce enough face mask in US/france they had to rely on China.
I don't blame China sha, why would u allowed ur companies(apple, Nokia, Microsoft, volvo etc) moved to China all because of cheap labour, relax ur immigration law, allow immigrant to come and work, pay tax to d govt.
Stop posting rubbish of US and France not having to produce enough face mask. How can they when their production and manufacturing companies are in lockdown? When China was in lockdown, is it not from Taiwan they got theirs from. Stop posting rubbish please, the US can produce face mask for the whole world population with each person having 10each.

4 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by anonymous1759(m): 7:18am On Apr 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

They will certainly be billed and we all deduct from what ever we are owing them ..me sha I know America won't pay them that 1.9trillion they owe Dem again

Childish Talk.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 12, 2020
SoNature:
E don dey happen

China is using its cheap labor and expertise to attract the rest of the world, thus stimulating her economy

This is the time for another Asian country, probably Singapore, to take the place of China

If China does not do more to clean up this mess, many countries may pull their companies out of the Mainland

I cannot wait to see how Donald Trump will tackle Beijing at the end of coronavirus pandemic and his reelection

Singapore?

Do you really know anything about Singapore?

Lagos the smallest State in Nigeria is more than 4 times bigger than Singapore incase you don't know.

You should be talking of India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand etc.

3 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by kokomilala(m): 7:18am On Apr 12, 2020
@valarmorghulis, u hit the target! Cheap labour ,more than anything else, informed this move by many entrepreneurs who went to China.This,however, has helped speed up China's industrialisation and made them insufferably arrogant.
That's why Trump started the trade war with them.Imagine the capital flight about to take place with Japan's ouster. The hit on their GDP won't be funny because of the domino effect it will cause.

4 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by kayrichy: 7:20am On Apr 12, 2020
timesup234:
You are a rookie. The Japanese economy was in deflation for over 25 years and it is still in stagnation till today.
They surely had a long term cushioning effect to your so called stagnation..you can’t be in such situations and remain in top 5 economy within the said 25years of yours....seems you really don’t know the input many of the developed countries add to China....CHINA CAN NEVER STAND ALONE..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by valarmorghulis: 7:20am On Apr 12, 2020
blowjohn:

U.S and france ,UK etc have longer moved away from producing such items to producing hi tech products that's why.
Yet they need those things on daily basis

1 Like

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by udemzyudex(m): 7:20am On Apr 12, 2020
timesup234:
Nothing to see here. The Japanese economy has been dead and buried for almost 30yrs no thanks for them for being a slave to the United States. In contrast the Chinese economy is $8 trillion bigger than the United States in purchasing power parity. Japan is a ant. The Chinese dont a fvck about them

They still have one of the best tech in the world.

China achieved all this cos every country want to manufacture from China,if other countries follow suit I bet you won't be saying this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by husmanbell(m): 7:21am On Apr 12, 2020
If you are interested in making steady money online, whatsapp this number 08068234529. Pls:Note that only serious and energic people are needed
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by RTSC: 7:23am On Apr 12, 2020
Poor and inadequate Skills, economic and forex policy restrictions, electricity.

The three major things hindering industrialization in Nigeria.

You cannot attract Tesla to Nigeria with a 3000MW national electricity capacity.

Tesla will use half of that.

Buhari has only three years to go, so nothing will change.

If osibanjo is anything like his boss, nothing will change either.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by bluefilm: 7:24am On Apr 12, 2020
Jayjezey:
China will fall soon

Only in your imagination.

But in reality, China can only continue to wax stronger and stronger.

America will fall.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Urchman200: 7:24am On Apr 12, 2020
grandstar:
Is this right or wrong? I can't yet say but my instinct says it's wrong. The Japanese government should not give handouts for companies to leave China.

China would appreciate any country that stands with it in this time of calamity. Japan seems to have blatantly done the opposite as though taking the gloves off when there was no need to wear them in the first place.

Yes, China's land grabs has soured relations with Japan but that's another issue altogether. The true belligerent is China's head of state who has a conservative no nensense alienate-your-neighbours attitude to things.

I suspect once he's gone, China will return to its peaceful-rise policy which the present head has thrown out through the window.
so Japan should wait until China sought themselves out before doing what is right for themselves? I China want to become a world power?at a point they started challenging usa u don't challenge USA and still remain themselves, Japan will tell u better, or Russia and Iraq.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by EvagreenEditors: 7:25am On Apr 12, 2020
Ok

Please help any of these, if led. Especially those with children who cannot feed their families this season
https://www.nairaland.com/5788488/led-these-people-especially-those
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by valarmorghulis: 7:25am On Apr 12, 2020
sweetjohn:
Stop posting rubbish of US and France not having to produce enough face mask. How can they when their production and manufacturing companies are in lockdown? When China was in lockdown, is it not from Taiwan they got theirs from. Stop posting rubbish please, the US can produce face mask for the whole world population with each person having 10each.
Who told you production is not going on in US? Who do you think is making their ventilator? The food they eat, medicine etc? U better use ur head instead of calling other people rubbish
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by anonymous1759(m): 7:25am On Apr 12, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
definitely they will suffer...

all nations are taking their factory back

Do you know China owns parts of Africa as we speak? They're almost everywhere.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by kayrichy: 7:25am On Apr 12, 2020
You forgot to add power which is also very germane
Coldie:
The reason why companies are moving to China is as a result of it's cheap labour and infrastructures.

Despite the fact that Africa has cheap labour, lack of infrastructures, insecurity and govt policies won't make these companies move there bases here.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by udemzyudex(m): 7:27am On Apr 12, 2020
Mirallas:

The move will do little damage to China,because already China has prepared for this. Therefore get ready for a bi or multipolar world order. The US/western hegemony is nearing its end as do all empires�

How did you know China has prepared for this?

Another China slave in the making.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Maliqcious: 7:27am On Apr 12, 2020
timesup234:
Nothing to see here. The Japanese economy has been dead and buried for almost 30yrs no thanks for them for being a slave to the United States. In contrast the Chinese economy is $8 trillion bigger than the United States in purchasing power parity. Japan is a ant. The Chinese dont a fvck about them
shut up You making no sense as of 2010 japan is the 2nd strongest economy in the world...one of japan worst economic disaster is earthquake

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Fragility6: 7:27am On Apr 12, 2020
timesup234:
U dey forget say wash hand wash hand nai rice tk full pot. Wen Japan comot we go know if diz ur ranting go dey relevant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by seanwilliam(m): 7:28am On Apr 12, 2020
valarmorghulis:

Who told you production is not going on in US? Who do you think is making their ventilator? The food they eat, medicine etc? U better use ur head instead of calling other people rubbish
u dont have sense.. the guy wasted his time in schooling you.. I had to quote so that I can tell you how senseless you are.. una no dey think and understand before rushing to comment just for cheap likes and popularity ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by RealMillennial(m): 7:28am On Apr 12, 2020
I'd say the first few comments seem a little too excited.
As much as the Japanese decision is a good move on their part, it's too early to see it as the beginning of a big downfall for China.
And believe me it's naive to assume it will be as easy for Western economies to make the same move, seeing how much production power they've ceded to China in recent years.
Though if you give that choice to Trump, I'm damn sure he'll take the Japanese route too. But Trump doesn't run american firms so he won't bear the consequences.

I think this move, if it's to be copied by the west, will be a much slower / tedious process for them than it will be for Japan.

Also there's always that possibility that it becomes more than an economic problem but also a political one, with China ready to do dangerous things to keep itself on the world dominance course.

Africa is a different ballgame. Las las na only prayers we get to pray o. We go prevail.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Donald Trump Revokes U.S Pro-Abortion Law / Fly Lands On Mike Pence's Head During US VP Debate (Pix, Video) / Matenneh Kromah, A Soldier Wears Hijab On Duty In Liberia (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.