Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? (20866 Views)

Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore / Part Time JOB From Home (computer + Internet = Get PAID Viewing Ads) / Why Nigerian Youths Need To Make The Transition From Graduate To Apprentice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Oju4190: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
Making money online= Yahoo.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by OfficialDJ: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
palechestnut:

Chairman, good morning.

I discovered your moniker last year on Nairaland, and I was really inspired. I later forgot your moniker but recently discovered it.

I saw a topic where you claimed you do get overwhelmed with your work sometimes and I really want to work with you. I'm a recent graduate and I want to cut my teeth in the freelance writing market by working with an experienced freelancer.

You can see some samples of my work here

Thanks

click on my last thread, get my number at the bottom of the page and send me a message
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by ojuu4u(m): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:
Why do Nigerian youths think that computer + internet connection = Yahoo Yahoo?

I earn a decent living from home with freelancing and forex trading โ€” planning to add a trading blog and YouTube channel in the near future. But I always hear people in my street murmuring that he's into Yahoo. Some even shout Yahoo when they pass my house. I find it upsetting and amusing at the same time.

Do they really think that fraud is the only way to make money online?

Is it that they all have criminal mindset or they're all ignorant, mentally dull, and can't think of great ways to make a living online from the comfort of their homes?

This is the 21st century where people from anywhere in the world can pay you for your skills. Nigerian youths need to change their mindset. A good percentage of Indian youths work online, same as the Chinese.

The Covid-19 issue has shown the world the need to work remotely.

that expertise you mentioned, I biliv you stayed inside ur one room apartment and learn it and before six months, people all over the world have deposited nothing less down $10m in ur dollars account.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by DOCU(m): 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
I earn living online.
1.I transcribe lyrics of songs.
2. I covert documents for companies (PDF, PPT, DOCX).
3. I teach students online.

I have resigned from physical vocations.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Kirchhoff01(m): 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
ojuu4u:
cryptocurrency at surface.......... human organs for rituals at bottom.

if they deceve me I DNT deceive myself

which type of business that one will start with little start-up capital and before 18 months you will be seeing young guy driving excotic cars worth 5-7m
You no get sense....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by samwash(m): 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
The numbers of guys doing Yahoo is more than the guys using the internet legitimately.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by HaykynLibra: 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
I will be more than happy if u can mentor me, I hv always wanted to earn online but got no one to put me through, if it requires me to pay a token.. I will surely do.. How do I contact u.
studentofTruth:

I have no reason to fear EFCC. I'm earning my money legitimately. Freelancing and forex trading has nothing to do with fraud!

Any undue harassment from any law enforcement officer will be met with lawsuits. Any damages must be paid for in full, including any delay in delivering my clients' orders.

This your mindset is what still baffles me. Why would you or anyone else assume that working online means engaging in fraud? I still don't understand that kind of reasoning in a 21st century where there are many legitimate ways to make money online, which is why I created this thread.

Is it that you don't think it's possible to make money legitimately online or what? Please, I need to understand why you guys think that way.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

I earn a decent living from home with freelancing and forex trading โ€” planning to add a trading blog and YouTube channel in the near future. But I always hear people in my street murmuring that he's into Yahoo. Some even shout Yahoo when they pass my house. I find it upsetting and amusing at the same time.

Is it that they all have criminal mindset or they're all ignorant, mentally dull, and can't think of great ways to make a living online from the comfort of their homes?

This is the 21st century where people from anywhere in the world can pay you for your skills. Nigerian youths need to change their mindset. A good percentage of Indian youths work online, same as the Chinese.

Not only the youths but the EFCc and Naija Police too.

Some days ago I thought of this when I was watching some courses on affiliate marketing. And that's why I can't permanently live in Nigeria. People can conclude anything about other people's lives.

Just imagine EFCC bursting into guys house. Met them with Laptops and arrest them. Then parade them in front of the press and the public without any investigation taking their pics and labelling them Yahoo boys. Whereas some are into affiliate marketing, crypto etc.

Imagine your neighbors not seeing you going to out to work and they start carrying the rumor you are jobless and family members are the ones sending you money. grin not knowing you make more money legitimately than them going out early in the morning and coming late at night.

Imagine a born again guy who don't fuccckk around and they label him impotent or homosexual because they see him only with guys. grin

Africa is yet to get civilized. That's be bitter truth.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by IgboWarlord(m): 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
Carfreak966:

Oga I know what you are talking about. Na even me go tell you a million ways you can make money online legitimately. But by the time Efcc check your phones and laptops, that is when even the most legitimate person still has a dent to his name.

Leave am na..It's like he's forgotten the country he's in..Let him do something about those people shouting yahoo around his house...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by FuckHomophobes: 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
elfico:
Because of scammers like the one below

Here is the LinkedIn page for the company. https://www.linkedin.com/in/gadease-technologies-06b767164/?originalSubdomain=ng

It turns out he has been doing the same to alot of people. He normally chooses those who know and trust him to scam.

He has scammed a lot of his close friend in FUTA and Akure.

And after scamming, he would keep in touch and speak gently apologizing for delay but it is a lie.

Here are his details:

Full name - Ebenezer Ojo
Aliases - Code
Graduated from Federal University of Technology Akure.

Phone numbers- 09153419127
His other number-07038718924

His last known location is Port Harcourt. But he also stays at Lagos.

His LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ebenezer-ojo-914b67164/

The company name he uses to scam people is Gadease Technology. He uses the company's bank account to remove any suspicion.

He has done it to a lot of people but they all kept quiet instead of exposing him. He does it to his friends and those he meets at conferences.

Please any help I can get on this matter would be appreciated.

Also I posting this so other people would not fall prey.

@lalasticlala please help put this out to save other people.

Omo shocked shocked shocked .... I sabi this guy look. Nor be code be this. Choi
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by ojuu4u(m): 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
FuckHomophobes:

Cryptocurency business sir... Investment in shitcoins can make you a millionaire overnight sir.

A $10 investment in a shitcoin when it's at its early stage could print money for you... You need to see what happens in many cryptocurency groups cheesy

oga someone who has #10m Rich already, wen he invests , it can bring more money, how did you want to explain, guy who is not worth 100k and before 12 calendar months ,he is living large

oga, it's fraud, rituals, kidnapping, armed robbery and if you are connected to get govt contract in Nigeria, that can be 1000% return like that sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Lilphat: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
This generation is lost

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by sammirano: 5:04pm On Apr 22, 2021
Who mindset help, if i make 5 million a month online and you are having mindset problem, ogun kee you and your mindset. I go dey happy to give you headache sef.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by MansoryMX(m): 5:04pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:
With this type of mindset, the country is doomed. A lot Indians work online, earning their country a significant amount of foreign currency.

Our government should enlighten our youths and encourage them. Internet is the new oil! it can keep a lot of youths gainfully engaged.

They should reduce the cost of internet Data by 75% and provide stable electricity before encouraging youth since they canโ€™t provide jobs for millions of graduates if not na stupid encouragement. I know how much I spend on internet data alone monthly!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
This is new to me o. I don't know a single youth that thinks this. Even the older population are aware that in this age and time, there are legitimate ways to make money using a computer.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2021
ojuu4u:
cryptocurrency at surface.......... human organs for rituals at bottom.

if they deceve me I DNT deceive myself

which type of business that one will start with little start-up capital and before 18 months you will be seeing young guy driving excotic cars worth 5-7m

7m that is not up to one trade I close

Shut your trap
You know nothing about cryptocurrency
What's 5m
10kusd
Nonsense undecided

Trade in the pix below was making 20k usd plus about 10m naira and above undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by cooltola(m): 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2021
My own advice- Stop worrying what people think or say,. If your work is legit, then your mind is at peace. Just pray to God for protection and keep working hard

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Bukkuzboss10: 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

Dent like what please?

Is it that most Nigerians have criminal mindset or what? So, they assume that everyone is like them โ€” cutting corners.

I could remember that people here advised using a foreign name and ip address to open an Upwork or Fiverr profile. I'm glad I went against that advice and used my real name and address, and I never lacked orders โ€” in fact, I get more others than I can fulfill.

Currently looking for helping hands.

The fact that the person I was considering was surprised that I have a Nigerian Upwork account buttresses my point about cutting corners.
hello student of truth i can offer a helping hand and i would need someone who would coach me in freelancing

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Alejobs: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2021
A powerbank can be a replacement for your laptop battery or charger You may need one due to poor power supply in ur area and you will also find it useful on days when your device battery is low, or you are on the go and it is important to work on laptop or phone or maybe grid power is out and gen refuse to work. It is then you will find a powerbank very useful. Many have missed out on deadline, appointment, lost their way, miss target, dates because they don't have a powerbank around to save the day. Get yourself reliable powerbank today!

50k for 100,000mah guaranteed to power you pc for more than 10 hours. 75k for 180,000mah guaranteed to power pc for more than 18hours. All are built with brand new liFePo4 battery.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by bluefilm: 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
So many nigerians are stupid and stereotypical.

That's why.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by ojuu4u(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2021
Sysdatek:

7m that is not up to one trade I close

Shut your trap
You know nothing about cryptocurrency
What's 5m
10kusd
Nonsense undecided

I said it earlier, cryptocurrency for surface rituals for back

you ask urself, when every economy and commerce of the whole world are crippled since last year, how come ur bitcoins defy the normal logic of business transactions, who are people giving u galloping return on bitcoins? which business are they doing outside that yeild such high return that making them pumping money on virtual currency? oga did u understand rationale behind stock market?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

I have no reason to fear EFCC. I'm earning my money legitimately. Freelancing and forex trading has nothing to do with fraud!

Any undue harassment from any law enforcement officer will be met with lawsuits. Any damages must be paid for in full, including any delay in delivering my clients' orders.

This your mindset is what still baffles me. Why would you or anyone else assume that working online means engaging in fraud? I still don't understand that kind of reasoning in a 21st century where there are many legitimate ways to make money online, which is why I created this thread.

Is it that you don't think it's possible to make money legitimately online or what? Please, I need to understand why you guys think that way.

I like ur gut.
A lot of youths don't trust their hustle. You see our Politicians? They knows that stealing and corruption are bad yet, they go about doing it.

Youths who are online hustlers usually lose their wit at the mention of efcc or Sars or whatever. I don't get it!.

I would have love to narrate an encounter I had with law enforcement personnel's here but it will unmask my identity; a very brutal experience with law efcc and NFIU for that matter..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
palechestnut:

Chairman, good morning.

I discovered your moniker last year on Nairaland, and I was really inspired. I later forgot your moniker but recently discovered it.

I saw a topic where you claimed you do get overwhelmed with your work sometimes and I really want to work with you. I'm a recent graduate and I want to cut my teeth in the freelance writing market by working with an experienced freelancer.

You can see some samples of my work here

Thanks

looking for who can also put me into freelance data entry, document making, coping of PDF to ms word, excel and jpeg files.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Teacher1776(m): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

please, I need you to coach me on those legit ways of making money online.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by FuckHomophobes: 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
ojuu4u:

oga someone who has 10# is Rich already, wen he invests , it can bring more money, how did you want to explain, guy who is not worth 100k and before 12 calendar months ,he is living large

oga, it's fraud, rituals, kidnapping, armed robbery and if you are connected to get govt contract in Nigeria, that can be 1000% return like that sir.

Sorry did you just say someone who has $10 is rich already? Wow.

You win boss

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by kennyamusan(m): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
Naso we see am for naija oo
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by kinggSamuel(m): 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

i support you bro. just as Robert Kiyosaki said in rich dad poor dad. one of the things you must know and implement to be a successful self employed person is the law. in you are doing legitimate business and you are harrassed defend yourself with your knowledge of the law. Forex trading is legal. it is also very risky. i have lost a lot of money trading cryptos. the few percentage like you who are profiting from it deserve the fruit of your hard labour and financial sacrifices in the past. if i was you as they call me yahoo yahoo boy as they are passing my house. my reply will be ironic but any day they take the accusations up a notch then i will defend myself firecely. the hardship in the country is enough stress i cant tolerate more from neighbours. There are many more commiting interning fraud and yahoo plus. Wolf in sheeps clothing.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

Dent like what please?

Is it that most Nigerians have criminal mindset or what? So, they assume that everyone is like them โ€” cutting corners.

I could remember that people here advised using a foreign name and ip address to open an Upwork or Fiverr profile. I'm glad I went against that advice and used my real name and address, and I never lacked orders โ€” in fact, I get more others than I can fulfill.

Currently looking for helping hands.

The fact that the person I was considering was surprised that I have a Nigerian Upwork account buttresses my point about cutting corners.

Don't make me like you pls. And you shall continue to soar. Never allow fear into mind.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by ojuu4u(m): 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
FuckHomophobes:

Sorry did you just say someone who has $10 is rich already? Wow.

You win boss

#10m
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

The bolded is your answer. Pay attention.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by nauto: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
Simple Answer.

It only those that have internet connection that can do yahoo yahoo.

See my yahoo business in my signature.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by FuckHomophobes: 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2021
ojuu4u:

#10m

Well I started with literally nothing grin. How about that. I mean I started with free money gotten from airdrops. Yeah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

After Your Msc Abroad: Stay Or Go? / ChatGPT: Lawyer Gets In Trouble For Using Cases From AI To Present A Case / How Can I Tell My Boss To Stop Spamming My Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.