Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? (20859 Views)

Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore / Part Time JOB From Home (computer + Internet = Get PAID Viewing Ads) / Why Nigerian Youths Need To Make The Transition From Graduate To Apprentice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Wolfeye: 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

I have no reason to fear EFCC. I'm earning my money legitimately. Freelancing and forex trading has nothing to do with fraud!

Any undue harassment from any law enforcement officer will be met with lawsuits. Any damages must be paid for in full, including any delay in delivering my clients' orders.

This your mindset is what still baffles me. Why would you or anyone else assume that working online means engaging in fraud? I still don't understand that kind of reasoning in a 21st century where there are many legitimate ways to make money online, which is why I created this thread.

Is it that you don't think it's possible to make money legitimately online or what? Please, I need to understand why you guys think that way.

The earlier you realise you live amongst fools the better for you. Nigerians are bonafide retards. Help yourself by looking for a new house in a good estate. Retards will get you killed and say sorry to your family later after spreading fake news about you.
People want you to suffer like them, wake up around 4am and go to work like them and suffer in traffic like them. They want the lines on your face to stand out and the veins on your neck to be visible.
It’s all fun and games now till one retarded Sars officer hears this and next thing they’re breaking down your door.
Lawsuits will not fix bullet wounds.
Nigeria is a ghost town treat as such.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by JIREN01: 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
Sleekfingers:

naso one brainless electrician came to my house to fix something.....i was in my sitting doing something on my laptop...after he finished his work....he said, oga se ele ko omo mi ni yahoo yahoo( can u teach my child yahoo yahoo? I was so furious....i sat him down....and educate him.....
Imagine grin grin grin so anything laptop is now Yahoo? Stupid country with dumb people
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by mostob(m): 7:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

Dent like what please?

Is it that most Nigerians have criminal mindset or what? So, they assume that everyone is like them — cutting corners.

I could remember that people here advised using a foreign name and ip address to open an Upwork or Fiverr profile. I'm glad I went against that advice and used my real name and address, and I never lacked orders — in fact, I get more others than I can fulfill.

Currently looking for helping hands.

The fact that the person I was considering was surprised that I have a Nigerian Upwork account buttresses my point about cutting corners.
Bro... I won't mind having you as a mentor. I'm still a greenhorn in freelancing. How can I contact you?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by JIREN01: 7:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
samwash:
The numbers of guys doing Yahoo is more than the guys using the internet legitimately.
Where did you get this statistics from?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by alexvic12: 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
If you're in the writing Niche, can we talk? I'll be glad to help with some of the excess jobs.

studentofTruth:

Dent like what please?

Is it that most Nigerians have criminal mindset or what? So, they assume that everyone is like them — cutting corners.

I could remember that people here advised using a foreign name and ip address to open an Upwork or Fiverr profile. I'm glad I went against that advice and used my real name and address, and I never lacked orders — in fact, I get more others than I can fulfill.

Currently looking for helping hands.

The fact that the person I was considering was surprised that I have a Nigerian Upwork account buttresses my point about cutting corners.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by olamilarks(m): 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:
Why do Nigerian youths think that computer + internet connection = Yahoo Yahoo?

I earn a decent living from home with freelancing and forex trading — planning to add a trading blog and YouTube channel in the near future. But I always hear people in my street murmuring that he's into Yahoo. Some even shout Yahoo when they pass my house. I find it upsetting and amusing at the same time.

Do they really think that fraud is the only way to make money online?

Is it that they all have criminal mindset or they're all ignorant, mentally dull, and can't think of great ways to make a living online from the comfort of their homes?

This is the 21st century where people from anywhere in the world can pay you for your skills. Nigerian youths need to change their mindset. A good percentage of Indian youths work online, same as the Chinese.

The Covid-19 issue has shown the world the need to work remotely.
I would advise you start working from a co-working space and dress to work daily. You can't make everyone understand what you do bro!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by laughingscorpion: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

Is Linda Ikeji is a Yahoo girl?

Sorry bro, you need to get used to the realities of the 21st century. Google Upwork, Peopleperhour, Freelancer.com, or even Fiverr and see a lot of Nigerians making a killing for themselves. Wake up and give your life a new lease — opportunities abound!

please teach me. I really need to learn
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by olamilarks(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
Wolfeye:

The earlier you realise you live amongst fools the better for you. Nigerians are bonafide retards. Help yourself by looking for a new house in a good estate. Retards will get you killed and say sorry to your family later after spreading fake news about you.
People want you to suffer like them, wake up around 4am and go to work like them and suffer in traffic like them. They want the lines on your face to stand out and the veins on your neck to be visible.
It’s all fun and games now till one retarded Sars officer hears this and next thing they’re breaking down your door.
Lawsuits will not fix bullet wounds.
Nigeria is a ghost town treat as such.
Thank you for this submission. Nigerians will make random guesses and spread fake news about legitimate people. The definition of work in these parts is physically strenuous and damaging work
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by FuckHomophobes: 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
elfico:

Na him. He only scams those that know him and trust him, so beware. And if you can tell your network so they don't fall victim either.

Mehn, people sha. And this guy I looked up to him as an inspiration. I mean at his young age , he already had his own business. His office at stateline was even Peng. But only to hear that he did that. Chai so disheartening embarassed
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Iheonuchris18: 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello
Do you run out of cash before your salary comes in? Do you have to borrow from family and friends before the end of the month? All that can be avoided with Credpal credit card.. We make available 60% of your net salary for emergency and urgent funding..
Follow the link below to create an account with credpal and experience financial freedom..

https://credpal.com/a/m?ac=9308148&me=vh7PFn5Bzl

Thanks
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by clems88(m): 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
I just wonder what's wrong with people. My colleague in the office call me yahoo boy. I no send cos I know I'm doing nothing wrong
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by sparta191(m): 8:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

Is Linda Ikeji is a Yahoo girl?

Sorry bro, you need to get used to the realities of the 21st century. Google Upwork, Peopleperhour, Freelancer.com, or even Fiverr and see a lot of Nigerians making a killing for themselves. Wake up and give your life a new lease — opportunities abound!

please how does one go about making money on fiverr because I just joined
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by benqo01(m): 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
Let's say it's the Nigerian thing,so get use to it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by loba18: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
A large percentage of Nigerian youths are into fraud.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Olayinka8793(m): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

Dent like what please?

[size=8pt][/size]Currently looking for helping hands.

Are you still looking for a helping hand bro? Make you reason me abeg
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by bupounds: 9:15pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hmm Yahoom Yahoom..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by emmyrate1(m): 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:
Why do Nigerian youths think that computer + internet connection = Yahoo Yahoo?

I earn a decent living from home with freelancing and forex trading — planning to add a trading blog and YouTube channel in the near future. But I always hear people in my street murmuring that he's into Yahoo. Some even shout Yahoo when they pass my house. I find it upsetting and amusing at the same time.

Do they really think that fraud is the only way to make money online?

Is it that they all have criminal mindset or they're all ignorant, mentally dull, and can't think of great ways to make a living online from the comfort of their homes?

This is the 21st century where people from anywhere in the world can pay you for your skills. Nigerian youths need to change their mindset. A good percentage of Indian youths work online, same as the Chinese.

The Covid-19 issue has shown the world the need to work remotely.
pls there is different BTW yahoo and Internet scam.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Sleekfingers: 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
JIREN01:
Imagine grin grin grin so anything laptop is now Yahoo? Stupid country with dumb people

i am telling u....so annoying
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by hkidola00(m): 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
milliman:

Who said Yahoo Yahoo is not legitimate?
stupid criminal,just look at Ur eye sore question..no go change..u know where hush puppy and invictus dey chill now?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Sirwallace(m): 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
remote working and freelancing got blown out of proportion after civid-19.

I lost my fiverr account because I couldnt verify with national ID. dont have a passport either.

anybody around here using a Fiverr account they are not using I can borrow and hustle with.

once I get enough money to pay for a passport, I will return it.

I would really appreciate
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by techtechh: 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
DOCU:
I earn living online.
1.I transcribe lyrics of songs.
2. I covert documents for companies (PDF, PPT, DOCX).
3. I teach students online.

I have resigned from physical vocations.
What do you teach online ?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by techtechh: 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2021
GetWellNews:
It is very pathetic! That is the country we find ourselves. Work harder and make more money to leave that neighborhood. I am a freelancer too and I have over 100 clients, I also blog and am a youtuber. I only mingle with the elites in my neighborhood (who I can explain to and will understand). To others, I am at a distance so they know I am self employed but they don't know what it is.

Now, I advertise my freelance business everywhere I am, so many people now gets to know what I do.
What is your freelance gig?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by SaintUlot: 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

I have no reason to fear EFCC. I'm earning my money legitimately. Freelancing and forex trading has nothing to do with fraud!

Any undue harassment from any law enforcement officer will be met with lawsuits. Any damages must be paid for in full, including any delay in delivering my clients' orders.

This your mindset is what still baffles me. Why would you or anyone else assume that working online means engaging in fraud? I still don't understand that kind of reasoning in a 21st century where there are many legitimate ways to make money online, which is why I created this thread.

Is it that you don't think it's possible to make money legitimately online or what? Please, I need to understand why you guys think that way.

Don't mind them, it is ignorance coupled with envy. I use to educate people whenever i am chanced, that there are over 200 ways to make money via the Internet, Internet fraud is just one out of the over 200 ways.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by gstream: 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Alaye, not everyone is dirty as you are.there are honest Nigerians still living........
Carfreak966:

Oga I know what you are talking about. Na even me go tell you a million ways you can make money online legitimately. But by the time Efcc check your phones and laptops, that is when even the most legitimate person still has a dent to his name.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by SaintUlot: 11:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
ojuu4u:

I said it earlier, cryptocurrency for surface rituals for back

you ask urself, when every economy and commerce of the whole world are crippled since last year, how come ur bitcoins defy the normal logic of business transactions, who are people giving u galloping return on bitcoins? which business are they doing outside that yeild such high return that making them pumping money on virtual currency? oga did u understand rationale behind stock market?

When you don't know something you ask calmly and the guy will be more than willing to explain to you. Nobody knows everything. The fact that he said he makes so much in one single trade doesn't mean he won't lose heavily in some other trades. Cryptocurrency is an high risk investment. Money made from cryptocurrency is someone else's loss, no free money anywhere and that's how the money will be circulating depending on how knowledgeable you are about the market trend. Everybody trading cryptocurrencies knows the risk involved.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by SaintUlot: 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ten06:
I'm a federal civil servant, and my work entails using a system unit.
A guy mistakenly saw my system unit one day and was calling me a yahoo boy that he knows i will soon by a Mercedes Benz

Since that day I started hiding my system very well in my bag when going to the office

Can you imagine, a laptop now become what someone will be ashamed of carrying in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by flames01: 12:43am On Apr 23, 2021
milliman:
Because it is

To say the fact, you are dull upstairs. Your education is a waste of resources.

If a youth can comment like you in the 21st century, that youth is a straight up idiot. There is no hope of redemption for your mental daftness.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by flames01: 12:46am On Apr 23, 2021
ojuu4u:
cryptocurrency at surface.......... human organs for rituals at bottom.

if they deceve me I DNT deceive myself

which type of business that one will start with little start-up capital and before 18 months you will be seeing young guy driving excotic cars worth 5-7m

Boy, you know nothing. You are mentally empty and annoyingly uninformed.

There are so many people making legit money from home.

Stop commenting as if your brain is stagnated in the 10th century. Thus is the 21st century.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by flames01: 12:48am On Apr 23, 2021
Angrygoat:
Which dirty forex. For corona era. Yahoo boy. If dem check your phone and system now.

So because one person is caught doing Yahoo, every other person is also doing it?

Your brain is still in the 10th century. You are only growing old without growing up.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by flames01: 12:48am On Apr 23, 2021
livinbygrace:
Be sincere with yourself most of the online forex businesses are nothing but scam.Even the crypto is falling now.

Then you know nothing
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Truth801(m): 4:33am On Apr 23, 2021
DOCU:
I earn living online. 1.I transcribe lyrics of songs. 2. I covert documents for companies (PDF, PPT, DOCX). 3. I teach students online.
I have resigned from physical vocations.
can you put me through please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos) / How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil / After Your Msc Abroad: Stay Or Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.