Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? (20860 Views)

Careers In Agriculture Nigerian Youths Can Explore / Part Time JOB From Home (computer + Internet = Get PAID Viewing Ads) / Why Nigerian Youths Need To Make The Transition From Graduate To Apprentice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by nazzyon(m): 4:59am On Apr 23, 2021
studentofTruth:
Why do Nigerian youths think that computer + internet connection = Yahoo Yahoo?

I earn a decent living from home with freelancing and forex trading — planning to add a trading blog and YouTube channel in the near future. But I always hear people in my street murmuring that he's into Yahoo. Some even shout Yahoo when they pass my house. I find it upsetting and amusing at the same time.

Do they really think that fraud is the only way to make money online?

Is it that they all have criminal mindset or they're all ignorant, mentally dull, and can't think of great ways to make a living online from the comfort of their homes?

This is the 21st century where people from anywhere in the world can pay you for your skills. Nigerian youths need to change their mindset. A good percentage of Indian youths work online, same as the Chinese.

The Covid-19 issue has shown the world the need to work remotely.

Can you organize a training programme to introduce and educate the youths in your community?
It will not only change their mindset. it will also be helpful to them.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Deejay1000(m): 5:28am On Apr 23, 2021
studentofTruth:

Dent like what please?

Is it that most Nigerians have criminal mindset or what? So, they assume that everyone is like them — cutting corners.

I could remember that people here advised using a foreign name and ip address to open an Upwork or Fiverr profile. I'm glad I went against that advice and used my real name and address, and I never lacked orders — in fact, I get more others than I can fulfill.

Currently looking for helping hands.

The fact that the person I was considering was surprised that I have a Nigerian Upwork account buttresses my point about cutting corners.

I'm available if you need a helping hand... As long as what you want me to do is within my area of expertise cheers
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by ojuu4u(m): 6:05am On Apr 23, 2021
flames01:

Boy, you know nothing. You are mentally empty and annoyingly uninformed.

There are so many people making legit money from home.

Stop commenting as if your brain is stagnated in the 10th century. Thus is the 21st century.

engr professor, this is 21st century, the century that is breeding internet fraudsters.

pankeeroy that was caught by EFCC this week , would have argued and cursed much more than you if he hasn't caught and exposed, he would have said my comedy and bitcoins make me a multi millionaire in just few months.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Offpoint1: 6:32am On Apr 23, 2021
studentofTruth:

Sorry o. God help your case!
Boss can you mentor on Forex trading? I freelance on upwork and also dropshipping. I need to go into Forex trading, but those I try learning from keep discouraging with disvantages and risk involve. I know if I can get a good mentor, I'll pull through with less risk.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by captain247: 6:35am On Apr 23, 2021
If you do your business the appropriate way people will not see you as yahoo yahoo.
Linda Ikeji you mentioned has office and pay tax so even the government recognised her business as legit.
So do your business in a way it won't seem suspicious of fraud.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by TemmyT002(m): 7:31am On Apr 23, 2021
Sysdatek:

And you pulled your statistics from where

Your azzz I guess undecided
No wonder you all vote stupid leaders like buhari who think like you

Na dem
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by flames01: 8:07am On Apr 23, 2021
ojuu4u:

engr professor, this is 21st century, the century that is breeding internet fraudsters.

pankeeroy that was caught by EFCC this week , would have argued and cursed much more than you if he hasn't caught and exposed, he would have said my comedy and bitcoins make me a multi millionaire in just few months.

So because there are internet fraudsters, it means everyone making money online is an internet fraudster?

Chai.

What a dumb idiot!

If you had gone to a higher institution, they would have taught you something called hasty generalisation.

You are a dumb myopic man that refuses to see beyond his nose.

You just keep on disgracing your parents for giving birth to a dumb son, a son born in the 21st century but refuses to learn anything about the 21st century. What a dumb son.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by ojuu4u(m): 8:21am On Apr 23, 2021
flames01:

So because there are internet fraudsters, it means everyone making money online is an internet fraudster?

Chai.

What a dumb idiot!

If you had gone to a higher institution, they would have taught you something called hasty generalisation.

You are a dumb myopic man that refuses to see beyond his nose.

You just keep on disgracing your parents for giving birth to a dumb son, a son born in the 21st century but refuses to learn anything about the 21st century. What a dumb son.

you are not disgracing ur entire generation that u re a fraudster on public forum, one day EFCC will lock up you and ur dad in kuje prison.

you will run mad soonest with destiny of girls u re using for rituals claiming bitcoins,shitcoin. thief
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by flames01: 8:24am On Apr 23, 2021
ojuu4u:

you are not disgracing ur entire generation that u re a fraudster on public forum, one day EFCC will lock up you and ur dad in kuje prison.

you will run mad soonest with destiny of girls u re using for rituals claiming bitcoins,shitcoin. thief

Have you seen why I said you are dumb?

As far as your dumb self is concerned, anyone who works online is an internet fraudster.

You are not supposed to be in the 21st century; you should go back to the Stone age, where mentally backward people like you belong.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by TheDarkGamer: 9:20am On Apr 23, 2021
studentofTruth:

Dent like what please?

Is it that most Nigerians have criminal mindset or what? So, they assume that everyone is like them — cutting corners.

I could remember that people here advised using a foreign name and ip address to open an Upwork or Fiverr profile. I'm glad I went against that advice and used my real name and address, and I never lacked orders — in fact, I get more others than I can fulfill.

Currently looking for helping hands.

The fact that the person I was considering was surprised that I have a Nigerian Upwork account buttresses my point about cutting corners.

If you're still looking for helping hands, I'm available.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Yohnshogun: 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
FuckHomophobes:

Bro mail me and let me send you some shitcoins groups I am in grin
Boss please can you send me shotcoin groups too
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by chuddyforlife(m): 8:14am On Apr 25, 2021
So pathetic
Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by Gideons708: 6:03pm On May 05, 2021
FuckHomophobes:

Bro mail me and let me send you some shitcoins groups I am in grin

Hello, good evening.

Can I send you a PM? It's about cryptocurrency.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? by FuckHomophobes: 9:57pm On May 05, 2021
Gideons708:

Hello, good evening.

Can I send you a PM? It's about cryptocurrency.

okay Boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil / After Your Msc Abroad: Stay Or Go? / ChatGPT: Lawyer Gets In Trouble For Using Cases From AI To Present A Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.