Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? (72418 Views)

How Buhari’s Coronavirus Campaign Compares With Uk’s / Anxiety In PDP Over Presidential Campaign In S/west / PDP’s Plot To Zone VP To S-west Or S-south, Satanic, Barbaric, Inhuman —Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:20am On Apr 12, 2020
Odingo1:

Yorubas are not known for phone repair, computer repair rather is dominated by Igbos, the area Yorubas are dominating in Lagos are in ICT related, website design, Graphic design,software development and also school teaching, exam preparation, cyber cafe etc, less educated ones are into transport sector and agbero
I am talking of artisans like Mechanis, welder, carpentry, talioring, electrician, Aluminium repair etc.

Even you a well known bigot can not deny the fact that Yorubas absolutely dominate this areas in Lagos and even other regions of Nigeria.

And the place igbos dominate computer repair is computer village for obvious reasons.

Elsewhere in Lagos, Yorubas repair computers as majority of igbo youth prefer to learn trade.

13 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by myobjective: 9:21am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:
Northerners are very hardworking, they are not lazy at all, it's just their belief in begging and rapid multiplication dats their problem.
An average northerner is a more hardworking dan a westerner but d truth is that it's not working hard but working smart. Westerners are more educated. As for South southerners, God mercy for their youths especially those from Rivers and Bayelsa

You are obviously high on cow dung.
Hard work is not measured base on the amount of menial job you do. It is a measure of how well you can get a particular job done more efficiently.

The north is the region with the greatest concentration of low skill workers, people without the basic skill to do any knowledge demanding job, hence you will see them do more menial Job.

Using your apology would you say most westerners (European/America) are lazy compared to say developing Indians or Nigerian?
The answer is no, the reason being that development brings about better education and the automation of most job which then results in people using their know-how more than physical power.

If you look critically at most formal sector job that requires are a lot of skills, the Yoruba dominate. Professions like IT, banking and finance, engineering, marketing etc.
If you look at the informal sector of the economy, jobs like Auto mechanic, Carpentry, bricklaying, electricians, heavy-duty operators are all dominated by the Yorubas.

Finally, no tribe can be compared to the Yoruba in terms of hard work and aggregate contribution to the economy both in the formal and informal sector. While the north is far far behind.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:22am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Now u are shifting post
Am not talking about who contributes more to GDP
Good dat u stated d bolded even though it's never captured in the GDP statistics. Now I need things dat are clearly captured Wen the country's GDP is being presented
I simply don't know what you are talking about

Abi you don't know what services and products means again ni

6 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Corrinthians(m): 9:22am On Apr 12, 2020
DanArrewa:
Dear Op

We all know you are just trying to generate insult to the north...

You're in a revenge mission via how I exposed your lies yesterday...

Kano alone is in every aspect more productive than all the eastern states...

Apart from Assembling and packaging fake products in Aba what other things does south east contribute to Nigeria?? Nothing

They're all traders scattered all over Nigeria... Benefiting from their host communities!!

The north at other hand deliver 80% of food produce in Nigeria...

Tomatoes, Beans, fruits, groundnut,soybeans, cow milk and many others...

Na we still dey give una meat...

Cows, goats, rams, jacky that some of consume...

The north just need to invest more on human development... And watch her hit her peak

The north is too blessed...

So now I want the easterners to tell me apart from trading... Tell me what other things do you guys contribute to Nigeria?

What is it that Nigerians consume that is produced in igbo land?
The mods on this forum will eventually kill it. I cant believe that your thread was taken down. The bias is too glaring.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 9:24am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Now u are shifting post
Am not talking about who contributes more to GDP
Good dat u stated d bolded even though it's never captured in the GDP statistics. Now I need things dat are clearly captured Wen the country's GDP is being presented
Services are captured and contributed 52% of GDP in 2018

Banking
Insurance
Telecoms
Consultancy
Health care and medicine
Entertainment
Etc

11 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by myobjective: 9:24am On Apr 12, 2020
sammyj:
It’s high time we see ourselves as one Nigeria and forget about this tribal sentiments and bigotry!!

Nigeria is not one and will never be one. The earlier you get this the better for you.

6 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Ukwa1: 9:25am On Apr 12, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:
The mods on this forum will eventually kill it. I cant believe that your thread was taken down. The bias is too glaring.
[/s]
shatap
nairaland is not for bigots like you
the mods acted accordingly
if you don't take time they'll keep you where they kept omenka moniker
Nonsense and impotent dimgbats
kiss the truth

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:26am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

pls mention other significant places known for phone repairs
village boy cheesy

There's hardly any market in Lagos without a section for phone repair. The gridlock on Lagos roads doesn't actually encourage everyone with a phone problem to always go to computer village to repair their phones

8 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:27am On Apr 12, 2020
Seerade029:

I told you Yorubas are generally known in the field of artisan..

Mention them
Phone repairer
Computer repairer
Artist
Photography
Hair dresser
Make ups
Computer
Welding
Aluminum
Bricklaying
Plumbing
Building of palm, sandal etc
Repairing fridge
Etc... Lots of artisan works, can't mention all

Even in
Lawyers, doctors, accounting, etc.
lol
I can only apportion dominance to yorubas in bricklaying and carpentry, make ups
the rest are Igbos.
My former company contracts a lot of these artisans, and 70% of those contracts go to Igbos. Guess wat,it's d same in d field for other companies.

even at dat let's take a statistics
how many yorubas are involved in those things u mentioned, infact wat percentage of uneducated ones are involved?
Walk d streets in d day time and see many yorubas loittering everywhere doing nothing.
I have never seen a northerner that does dat. they are all engaged with whatever can feed dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Odingo1: 9:27am On Apr 12, 2020
Seerade029:

Stop spilling trash

Are artisans not hardworking
They are hardworking. We are talking about the percentage of Yoruba youth that is constituting nuisance in the west to that in the number of northern youth that is doing the same.When the two are compared, you see that northern youth are more hardworking.

If you live in Lagos, go to Iddo, Idumota, mile 12, Agege market. You will see the northern working round the clock ⏰, but Yoruba youths will be hanging all over the place doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Seerade029: 9:28am On Apr 12, 2020
myobjective:

Hard work is not measured base on the amount of menial job you do. It is a measure of how well you can get a particular job more efficiently.

The north is the region with the greatest concentration of low skill workers, people without the basic skill to know any knowledge demanding job, hence you will except to see them do more menial Job.

If you look critically at most formal sector job that requires are a lot of skills, the Yoruba dominate. Professions like IT, banking and finance, engineering, marketing etc.
If you look the informal sector of the economy, jobs like Auto mechanic, Carpentry, bricklaying, electricians, heavy-duty operators are all dominated by the Yorubas.

This sums it up..
Thread closed.
I'm outta of this thread...

9 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 9:28am On Apr 12, 2020
Marine54:
The southwest does' not produce anything, they relay and depends on lagos as a land lord waiting for his tenants for house rent....

Do the igbos and south south produce anything?

Here in ondo state, I can’t count how many 9/11 trucks load pepper, ogbono, offor, egusi planks, to south south and south east every day.

6 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 9:29am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

oga.befor u mention someone try to understand d person's point of view
first am talking of uneducated ones
second am making a comparison here

I am not a mind reader.
I responded to what you wrote
Your comparison Cannot make sense UNLESS the two groups have equal numbers of uneducated people

It is like saying women tolerate the pains of pregnancy better than men.

5 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by DanArrewa: 9:29am On Apr 12, 2020
Corrinthians:
I'm coming back with a more dangerous thread...

Believe me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:29am On Apr 12, 2020
omonnakoda:

Services are captured and contributed 52% of GDP in 2018

Banking
Insurance
Telecoms
Consultancy
Health care and medicine
Entertainment
Etc
Why waste your time on the village boy angry

I am just getting him to understand the lowest level of services rendered by the populace to no avail.

He thinks people digging well contributes to the economy more than these people you listed. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:30am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
village boy cheesy

There's hardly any market in Lagos without a section for phone repair. The gridlock on Lagos roads doesn't actually encourage everyone with a phone problem to always go to computer village to repair their phones
Oga u cant refer one or two persons repairing phone as "phone repair section" In every state there are places known majorly for phone repairs. apart from Computer village pls mention other places

as for d village boy, am proud to identify with those from d villages.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 12, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

I think i have to agree with him.. northerners are hardworking most of them they're the cheapest labour you'll get in Nigeria ... southwestern youths beg alot.. infact.. exclude the north from Nigeria.. southwest will officially be Nigerias number one beggars club.. while northerners in southwest will beg saying abadura southerners will beg saying !baba twale putting their hands up.. theres a popular saying in oyo state.. if I dont have I go beg you will not visit any party in southwest where you will not see able bodied youths with beards begging anyone coming down from his personal car.. the stuff is so annoying that I've had to confront them once.. for the ss region like Bayelsa and ph.. I've not really take note of them.. but one thing I know is.. they have pride and most of them wont do labour work for a living

And so I hold....Your submission is clear, apt and sound.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 12, 2020
sammyj:
It’s high time we see ourselves as one Nigeria and forget about this tribal sentiments and bigotry!!

No, one Nigeria is a crime against humanity.

5 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Seerade029: 9:32am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

lol
I can only apportion dominance to yorubas in bricklaying and carpentry, make ups
the rest are Igbos.
My former company contracts a lot of these artisans, and 70% of those contracts go to Igbos. Guess wat,it's d same in d field for other companies.

even at dat let's take a statistics
how many yorubas are involved in those things u mentioned, infact wat percentage of uneducated ones are involved?
Walk d streets in d day time and see many yorubas loittering everywhere doing nothing.
I have never seen a northerner that does dat. they are all engaged with whatever can feed dem

I told you..

Where I've you been to in southwest you refuse to answer except Lagos..

Where I've you been too...

Come and meet me anywhere apart from Lagos.

I'll take you to your brothers here in SW, you slap the hell outta your brain

We can meet up anywhere in SW except Lagos.
Abeokuta, Akure, Ibadan, ado, Osogbo, Ogbomosho, Oyo, ikirun, Ile Ife, ilesha, ota, shagamu, Owo, Ore, Ile Oluji, ilejemeje, oye, Igbara Oke..

Meet me Anywhere, you're saying rubbish...

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 9:32am On Apr 12, 2020
kettykings:

please and please again , dont bring igbos to this or derail the thread to an igbo vs yoruba discuss , you can open a thread for that

But you are Igbo asking foolish questions. Do you know how many food trucks leave ondo state to the south east every day? Even as I am typing?

13 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:32am On Apr 12, 2020
Odingo1:

They are hardworking. We are talking about the percentage of Yoruba youth that is constituting nuisance in the west to that in the number of northern youth that is doing the same.When the two are compared, you see that northern youth are more hardworking.
Abi jare

Yoruba youth are the Fulani heardmen killing people and kidnapping..

Yoruba youth are Boko haram

Yoruba youth are iswap.

8 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:33am On Apr 12, 2020
omonnakoda:

I am not a mind reader.
I responded to what you wrote
Your comparison Cannot make sense UNLESS the two groups have equal numbers of uneducated people

It is like saying women tolerate the pains of pregnancy better than men.
ok
I repeat
an average uneducated northerner is more hardworking than an average uneducated westerner. as for the comparison Wen numbers are unequal, u compare with percentage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 12, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

bros.. theres no diff from a northern beggar and a yoruba beggar grin I get them a lot In my shop in ogun state.. im from the ss.. theyll come to you.. start praying in deep yoruba you wont even understand.. so that you will give them 50 naira.. there are lots of beggars in yoruba land.. especially the Muslim ones.. that a mosque licenced them to be beggars.. visit kuto garage in ogun state.. infact any garage in abk at all... you will get like 20 beggars just sitting on your sit ..

but wont lie.. in yoruba land northern beggars make up the majority.. but yoruba have more beggars compared to any southern region

Tell them..

Blunt facts are hard to swallow.

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 9:34am On Apr 12, 2020
omonnakoda:

First Define hardworking

A doctor is not a bricklayer

A doctor can only be hardworking in his work as a doctor
You compare how hardworking he is against other doctors not against soldiers

Is Cristiano Ronaldo' hardworking?
Do we compare him to Anthony Joshua to know who is more hardworking?

Oloshos servicing 20 men daily, are they hardworking?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:36am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Oga u cant refer one or two persons repairing phone as "phone repair section" In every state there are places known majorly for phone repairs. apart from Computer village pls mention other places

as for d village boy, am proud to identify with those from d villages.
So you are this slow bruv

or have you forgotten we were arguing about lagos

And emm, You are truly a village boy tbh

The phone repair section in Ajah market alone is bigger than the one in Aba. I know because I have been to both places.

See the village boy comparing his village to Lagos.. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 9:36am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
If you are as half as intelligent as claim, you realize the caption was "what does South West produce that compares with north" not what does south westerners produce in Nigeria compares to the Northerners.

If you understand the concept of basic economics like GDP (gross domestic product) which is the total value of goods and services produced in place in year or within a period of time, you would understand that the writer of these article is saying nonsense.

Granted ! Northerners produce a lot of Agricultural products but Agricultural products are not the only products necessary for economic growth and development.

We have manufacturered products and services in which south west produce more than any part of the northern region.

Bros don’t go too far. I’m here in ondo state. I can’t count how many 9/11 truck loads of yam, garri, ogbono, offor, leaves, pepper, timber that goes to igbo land from here everyday. Even as I’m typing this. Ask her what does the south east produce.

7 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:36am On Apr 12, 2020
Seerade029:

I told you..

Where I've you been to in southwest you refuse to answer except Lagos..

Where I've you been too...

Come and meet me anywhere apart from Lagos.

I'll take you to your brothers here in SW, you slap the hell outta your brain

We can meet up anywhere in SW except Lagos.
Abeokuta, Akure, Ibadan, ado, Osogbo, Ogbomosho, Oyo, ikirun, Ile Ife, ilesha, ota, shagamu, Owo, Ore, Ile Oluji, ilejemeje, oye, Igbara Oke..

Meet me Anywhere, you're saying rubbish...

Oga a sample is best taken where there is adequate representation of all tribes
it can either be Ph or Lagos or Abuja or Kano and maybe Anambra

but wait we are even still arguing about ur own region we haven't even started talking of the entire north
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Seerade029: 9:37am On Apr 12, 2020
Odingo1:

If you live in Lagos, go to Iddo, Idumota, mile 12, Agege market. You will see the northern working round the clock ⏰, but Yoruba youths will be hanging all over the place doing nothing.

I'm not living in Lagos, I'm not from Lagos.

Let's hook up in any other SW states

Abeokuta, Akure, Ibadan, ado, Osogbo, Ogbomosho, Oyo, ikirun, Ile Ife, ilesha, ota, shagamu, Owo, Ore, Ile Oluji, ilejemeje, oye, Igbara Oke, Ondo, idanre, ijebu ode, ede..

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:37am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

ok
I repeat
an average uneducated northerner is more hardworking than an average uneducated westerner. as for the comparison Wen numbers are unequal, u compare with percentage
Read the caption of the subject of discussion again!

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Bro when I was even in Abia state I saw Yoruba welders and mechanic

Every knows that while igbo men prefer to learn a trade, Yoruba men prefer to go the artisan route. I.e. Welder, phone repair, computer repair, brick layer etc.

Don't listen to the slowpoke.. cheesy

When will you stop lying on nairaland?

Your lies leaks to high heavens.

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 9:38am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Am not talking of women oo
phone repairs-computer village is dominated by Igbos
or those handiworks u mentioned for men are dominated by Igbos. Bro I know wat am talking about. am not saying they are totally saying, but in comparison, leave hardwork for d northrrners

You are simply mad. No tribe learns work like Yoruba. Drivers, mechanics, electricians, tailors, hairdressers etc. no tribe has more than Yoruba. Only a dunce will say otherwise.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103) (Reply)

Atiku, Dino, Ayu, PDP Members Protest In Front Of INEC Office (Pictures) / David Matsanga: I Didn't Lure Nnamdi Kanu To Kenya To Be Abducted / President Buhari Wears Face-mask In Mali (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.