Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game (28526 Views)

What Clemens Westerhof Told Eguavoen About Super Eagles / Clemens Westerhof Celebrates His 81st Birthday (Pictures) / Bonfrere Jo: Westerhof Sold Nigeria's Game Against Italy At USA 94 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by oshozondii: 10:00am On Apr 12, 2020
Last week, former Super Eagles coach, Bonfrere Johannes hugged the headlines when, in an interview, he granted a radio station, he alleged that his former boss, Clemens Westerhof “sold the 1994 World Cup group match between Nigeria and Italy for $100,000 US Dollars”. Nigeria lost that match 1-2, after leading 1-0 and dominating the Italians for most of the match.

The media made a feast of it as the story raised a lot of questions that have remained unanswered.

The man in the eye of the storm and former Eagles coach, Clemens Westerhof has vowed to clear his name, claiming that his former assistant and the Atlanta ’96 Olympic-gold medal winning coach, Bonfrere should be ready to prove his allegations in a court of law in Nigeria.

In an interview with Sports Vanguard yesterday, Westerhof denied the allegation by his former subordinate, labelling him “a green snake under green grass”.

Westerhof said, “No. That is not true. It is a lie. He wants to bring my name in bad light. He knows that the people in Nigeria like me. What happened was that we lost to Roberto Baggio’s two goals, the last was a penalty kick. We lost by two goals to one. That was what happened.”

Westerhof continued, “I will never sell a match. I cannot do that. Never; not to Nigeria which is my second home. I have a house in Nigeria. Maybe, I can come back and stay there.”

He swore, “I will sue him for that. He cannot do this and go free. I have never spoken ill of him here in Dutch papers. He put it on the radio in Nigeria that I sold the match to Italy. I will sue him in Nigeria.

“He will tell the judge who will ask him questions where he got his story, which player he said knew about it. He cannot go free.”

Westerhof said he brought Bonfrere to Nigeria after they had worked together in Holland. He said Bonfrere was a fitness trainer who did a marvelous job for him back home and he decided to bring him so they could work together in Nigeria.

However, on getting here, he noted that Bonfrere became a different person he(Westerhof) never envisaged.

“He is a bad man. I regret it that I brought him because he is a bad man.

“Listen, he had positive things but he could not handle the situation around the Nigerian team, particularly, when he got enmeshed with some officials. I warned him to stay away from them so that together, we would take Nigeria football to the top and we took Nigeria to number 5 in the world.

“At USA, I sent him to watch matches and he brought good reports because he was the only one who could do that.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/clemens-westerhof-ill-sue-bonfrere-to-clear-my-name/

7 Likes

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Trueigbo: 10:12am On Apr 12, 2020
I don't believe Bonfre Jo.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by vibre: 10:14am On Apr 12, 2020
Westerhof was a good man, I don't know why bonfrere Jo wants to tarnish his image

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Oche211(m): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2020
Bonfere Jo is just envious of westerhof's records.
He is angry at the fact that after over 2 decades, references are been made to westerhof's days.
Nigerians love westerhof.
That's the truth.
Bonfere Jo is just wasting his times and efforts.
He can't make us hate westerhof

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by ukukaegbu(m): 10:30am On Apr 12, 2020
I thought this Pull-Him-Down syndrome exists among blacks only

45 Likes

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Subduer: 10:32am On Apr 12, 2020
I watched the match. Wester Ho & Ref sabotaged Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by pyyxxaro: 10:34am On Apr 12, 2020
Subduer:
I watched the match. Wester Ho & Ref sabotaged Nigeria.

As at when they play that match , u still de suck feeding bottle grin

Nor be u de wear dirty mother care pant de run our compound

So which eye u con take watch am undecided

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by robosky02(m): 2:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
OK suya him
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by DesignHave: 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
angry
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by honest1480(m): 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
Old story. We are battling with our current political leaders who think not about their electorates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by FREEMADNESS: 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
Mr Bon so why are u telling us now

probably bin blackmailing d dude all dis while maybe Mr West got tired and stopped complying.

But in all one lesson I learnt is dat not every bro is ur bro.

INSIDE LIFE!

9 Likes

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
I wish all our lovely christain brothers and sisters all over the world happy easter celebration, may Almighty God gives you the chance and opportunities to experience and witness many more of it in your lifetime with plentious wealths and uncountable success, happiness and blessings.. u will never lack all what you want in ur entire lifetime amen

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Harrynight(m): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
angry

Bonfrere had to wait for over 20yrs to bring this up?

2 Likes

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
After how many years
After how many decades?
Did he lose his voice over 20 years ago

5 Likes

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by sunnyanet(m): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
until i rewatch the match

2 Likes

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Ustec: 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
lawyers right now tongue
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Stewart883(m): 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
robosky02:
OK suya him

You be original Okpe!!
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Badonasty(m): 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
I support you sir...
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by anambraamaka: 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Do it
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by matrix199(m): 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
better
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by vr0xen: 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
awon space bookers
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by StrikeBack(m): 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by itsme01: 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
Oyinbo life simple, talk anyhow them go sue you to court

3 Likes

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by tiswell(m): 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
There was rumour then after the match that it was sold to Italy, Bonfere Jo only confirmed it recwntly

3 Likes

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Lamasta(m): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
He should do cos am interested in the outcome grin

1 Like

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by jnrbayano(m): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
Bonfrere don buy market

1 Like

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Hoodbilonia: 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
Leh
Leh
Let me think back in 1996.

I love audio realistic cinema
I miss motion picture/vidoes that year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No4jN4Mdaro

1 Like

Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by barbstee(m): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
smiley
Re: Clemens Westerhof: I Will Sue Bonfrere To Clear My Name On Selling USA '94 Game by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
Sue his ass asap and also that Taribo West that spoke dust the other day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Birmingham 2022: Tobi Amusan Wins Gold In Women's 100m Hurdles Event / Obafemi Martins Shows Off His Mercedes Sports Car / Leicester City's Ashleigh Plumptre Invited To Super Falcon Matches In September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.