Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:33 PM

COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos (47385 Views)

Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves / COVID-19: Anxiety Mounts As Italy Records 627 Deaths In 24hours / Anxiety In Edo Over Coronavirus Detection As Screening Begins At Benin Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by References: 10:25am On Apr 12, 2020
Residents of Kaduna state are living in fears over possible community transmission of coronavirus as the State government yesterday said the sixth case of Covid-19 in the state, a male gateman in Mando area had no connection with the first five cases.

The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Amina Mohammed Baloni, said the man who recently returned from Lagos, had been evacuated to the state’s Infectious Diseases Centre. She said he had travelled to Kaduna in a public transport and had contacted authorities when his symptoms worsened.

“It is very difficult and complicated to trace the contacts of a patient who came from Lagos via public transport and has had some instance of local commuting since his arrival,” she said.

Our correspondent gathered from residents that despite the stringent measures put in place by the Kaduna State government, inter-state travels were still taking place especially from Lagos to Kaduna .

Ibrahim Na Yelwa, a resident of Mando told Daily Trust Sunday that many of the adult male residents of Mando were truck drivers that often travel between Kaduna and Lagos. He said, “my neighbour will also be returning today (Saturday) from Lagos.”

Ibrahima Yakubu, another resident of Mando said the news that the latest case was a residence of Mando had created fear and distrust among residence especially since the identity of the patient had not been made known and his exact location remains a mystery.

“Let me be frank with you, I have already ordered my wife not to allow anybody including neighbours into our home.

This is because no one knows the identity of the gateman or the part of Mando he is from.

Again, we don’t know the calibre of people he has interacted with since his return from Lagos,”
he said.

Yakubu described as unfortunate that luxurious buses were still operating discretely from Mando to Lagos likewise from Lagos to Kaduna despite the lockdown.

Despite recording six cases of coronavirus and the latest fear of community transmission residents continue to violate the curfew as inter-state travels between Lagos and Kaduna continue discreetly.

However, our correspondent gathered that even as the news spread through Mando area of Kaduna, residents went about their daily activities without taking extra precaution.

However, Dr Sa’id Zakari, a member of the Subcommittee on Risk and Communication under the State Task Force on COVID-19 said all that government now needed to do was to institute a sense of conscience on individuals to make them see reason why they should take the issue of COVID-19 very seriously.

Dr. Zakari described as unfortunate that people continue to violate the restriction order despite all the measures taken to control people passing through Kaduna such as screening, adding that “It is only when the people see reason why they need to practice these preventive measures that we will all be protected”.

Daily Trust has gathered that more doctors are likely to leave Nigeria as COVID-19 gets worse in the United States of America. Here is a list of 10 prominent people who have won the battle with the deadly coronavirus and are now back to their normal daily activities.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/anxiety-in-kaduna-as-more-residents-return-from-lagos.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by hurryup123(m): 10:26am On Apr 12, 2020
Hmmm Lagos has now turn to wuhan

243 Likes 15 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Elslim: 10:26am On Apr 12, 2020
End time tins

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by itsme01: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2020
grin

funny people.. so now they fear Lagos

21 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Salvador1: 10:30am On Apr 12, 2020
Chai lagos has become foreign country.

Here in lagos I'm yet to see person with this virus or hear from anyone talking about someone with this virus.

Meanwhile Wetin concern me.

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by sagtav(f): 10:31am On Apr 12, 2020
Everybody in Lagos should be quarantined tongue Everybody in Lagos should be quarantined

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2020
But I thought there is no inter state movement for now??.. Or have they opened the borders?.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Salvador1: 10:37am On Apr 12, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
But I thought there is no inter state movement for now?? Or have they opened the borders?
i heard people travel at night.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:39am On Apr 12, 2020
Salvador1:
i heard people travel at night.

Even at night security personnel shouldn't leave the borders. Except money has greased palms as normal.

64 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Totilopussylick(m): 10:40am On Apr 12, 2020
Say wetin happens
sagtav:
Everybody in Lagos should be quarantined�����

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Salvador1: 10:41am On Apr 12, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Even at night security personnel shouldn't leave the borders. Except money has greased palms as normal.
if not money Wetin e go be...

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Totilopussylick(m): 10:44am On Apr 12, 2020
Kaduna should declare state of emergency �
Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by ignis: 11:28am On Apr 12, 2020
The federal government is not proactive in the fight against the Coronavirus. People are still travelling from danger states admist the so called lockdown.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by legalwealth(m): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2020
shocked
Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by visijo(m): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2020
It's the first time I see a month without weekends. I mean everyday is everyday �

179 Likes 8 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Zigarmy: 11:28am On Apr 12, 2020
It is well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by LASUITES(m): 11:29am On Apr 12, 2020
coronavirus to no GO near you and yours smiley smiley smiley

IJN

See my signature for info on how to earn free money online

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Babatunde40(m): 11:29am On Apr 12, 2020
Are people no longer excited to see their family members or friends return?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Prodigee: 11:29am On Apr 12, 2020
LASUITES:
grin
check your signature for info on how to earn free money online abi?!
Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Slawormir: 11:30am On Apr 12, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Rapmoney:
Scam!

Coronavirus scam!!!
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Corona viruse is not a scam niggarrr

8 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Rapmoney(m): 11:30am On Apr 12, 2020
Scam!

Coronavirus scam!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by onlyonechid84(m): 11:30am On Apr 12, 2020
May God help those of us that stay here in mando area.. even as we isolate ourselves..

Modified:

The truth is, if the Virus enters North, then they are all doomed because, their average way of live will make it spread rapidly.

May God continue to help us sha.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Hausaboy239(m): 11:30am On Apr 12, 2020
Almost every case happens to be associated with Lagos travellers!

The way i see it,there are alot of people out there who have been infected but don’t even know it!

Lagos is the Wuhan of Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by AroOkigbo(m): 11:30am On Apr 12, 2020
Too much lapses in the system! Gosh

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by idonhammer: 11:31am On Apr 12, 2020
E don red for kaduna people be dat

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by PureGoldh(m): 11:31am On Apr 12, 2020
There is fire on the mountain.

CoronaVirus will soon be a thing of the past

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Tetrahedron: 11:32am On Apr 12, 2020
The only cure to this Virus is to avoid “MEN“

Women can you hear that?

avoid “MEN”: “Mouth -Eyes -Nose” lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I wont say more than that grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by sunshineV(f): 11:32am On Apr 12, 2020
Mtcheew this news no concern me
Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 12, 2020
May Almighty God never stop to be protecting us and all our lovely one from this useless virus issues amen
Re: COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos by Prodigee: 11:32am On Apr 12, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
If you never say this nonsense, you never comment abi

25 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Doctors Remove 13Kg Of Stuck Poo From Man's Bowel After 22 Years / Why Adolescent Mamie Sam Had Big Breasts - Plastic surgeon / 'New York Patient’ Becomes First Woman To Be ‘Cured Of HIV’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.