Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA (90701 Views)

Japa: Federal Government Urges Universities To Produce More Doctors / Resident Doctors Issue 14-day Ultimatum To Enugu Govt To Employ More Doctors / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by benzion72(m): 5:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
Migration to your death. American very wise, when you hear 10 American die in action, dont be surprised they are not white they are black americans

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by adebayo987: 5:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
Since they are looking down on you all by calling chinese doctors, i think Nigeria should be ready to have foriegn doctors than indeginious doctors soon. If they can't travel out, they still don't want you to treat them not caring about others, only themselves. Goats in human skins...

1 Like

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by allandutch: 5:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
itsme01:
angry

Same US issuing out bans to everyone including our hardworking professionals now posted on their embassy website for Nigeria Doctors to apply

Chinese gave Nigerians 15 highly trained Doctors for free, cargo Plane load of face mask, 50 ventilators drugs and reliefs packages, US and Trump extracted their people from Nigeria, banned Nigerians legitimate immigrant , almost ruined Airpeace's Allen Onyeama and now they want our Doctors pouching and toasting them

You actually believe China is that benevolent?

3 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 5:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
Cha E, This world is a small place
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by grimandevil: 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2020
Kampack:
The United States needs our help and prayers at this time. I really feel for them. sad
o

Nigeria no need your help and prayer?

1 Like

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by AbuAeesha: 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2020
[quote author=Yanmiriflathead post=88355666]As A Bonafide Israeli Man Of Igbo Descent, I Believe It Is Better To Travel Out Of This Worthless Contraption Called Nigeria Than To Continue To Suffer And Die In This Country. We Igbos Are Not Nigerians And Can Never Be Nigerians Till Thy Kingdom Kom[/q
am starting to believe that some pple just comment in a bid to make ftc, without reasoning bfr typing
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Kenmatt(m): 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
As A Bonafide Israeli Man Of Igbo Descent, I Believe It Is Better To Travel Out Of This Worthless Contraption Called Nigeria Than To Continue To Suffer And Die In This Country. We Igbos Are Not Nigerians And Can Never Be Nigerians Till Thy Kingdom Kom

When ever you want to talk, talk on behalf of your self, don't generalize issue by saying "we Igbos" there is nothing like we Igbos.

Don't get me angry here before I let the Cat out of the Bag by letting them know how you are not an original Igbo descendant.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by AbuAeesha: 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
[quote author=Yanmiriflathead post=88355666]As A Bonafide Israeli Man Of Igbo Descent, I Believe It Is Better To Travel Out Of This Worthless Contraption Called Nigeria Than To Continue To Suffer And Die In This Country. We Igbos Are Not Nigerians And Can Never Be Nigerians Till Thy Kingdom Kom[/q

am starting to believe that some pple just comment in a bid to make ftc, without reasoning bfr typing
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by itsme01: 5:11pm On Apr 12, 2020
allandutch:

You actually believe that China is that benevolent?

did Jack ma charge you any kobo? yes we are trade partners and through alibaba and aliexpress he would get his pay from Nigerians but right now he charged no kobo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Emmaxy9(m): 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2020
But I thought someone once said we have enough doctors that they can leave? ���
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Clothingonline9(m): 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nigerians like traveling
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Kingstanding: 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
guru03:
Nigeria government will not take this serious, until we run into a serious health crisis.
. The government can not take it serious because their motive to citizens is evils.

1 Like

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by klax(m): 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
As A Bonafide Israeli Man Of Igbo Descent, I Believe It Is Better To Travel Out Of This Worthless Contraption Called Nigeria Than To Continue To Suffer And Die In This Country. We Igbos Are Not Nigerians And Can Never Be Nigerians Till Thy Kingdom Kom

Hahahaha another unreedemable goat had surfaced on NL.

Bro where do you lost your senses? When I first read the first line of your demented post I was like well not all are happy with scheme of things in Nigeria but when you now descended to the pit of madness mentioning Isreali bullshit then I realised you are another misguided and misinformed human toxic that require brain check..

3 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Evaromantik(m): 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2020
Aidejay:
Angel of God: you will be born in Nigeria

Me: why not, what's the worst that could happen.

Nigeria:

grin grin grin

Nigeria will be like; You know nothing Jon Snow.

2 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by SaintLucia: 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
Whether Nigeria, America or any part of the continent. Na person wey dey alive especially in this critical time of coronavirus go fit spend the money wey dem give am. It's not about the country I live and work in.

2 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Princeston1(f): 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

did Jack ma charge you any kobo? yes we are trade partners and through alibaba and aliexpress he would get his pay from Nigerians but right now he charged no kobo
[/s]
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Successmind(m): 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
waynejesus:
Please anyone with Samsung 8 up for sale within lagos urgently
go slot

3 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by salford1: 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
humilitypays:
Why should a Nigerian doctor or nurse remain in Nigeria

Nigerian hospitals pay nurses between NGN50,000 - NGN120,000 a month, which is less than $150 - $300 for a whole month under poor working environment and conditions, whereas their colleagues abroad earn between $3500 - $6,000 monthly, tell me why a Nigerian nurse should remain in Nigeria
You can't compare wages between two countries just like that.
Out of the 3500 to 6000 you quoted, rent alone would chop like 1500 to 2500 depending on location. Lets not even add other bills and expenses.

I think a good entry level wage for nurses in Nigeria should be at least 250k per month, then doctors 500k per month.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by waynejesus: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2020
Successmind:
go slot

Na your papa go attend yo me for this lock down
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by totit: 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2020
Islie:
....9m Nigerians left in last 5 years

......Number higher than previous years

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/more-doctors-to-leave-nigeria-as-covid-19-gets-worse-in-usa.html

But besides being a national identification and travel data, this indicates travel source states or regular departure points of most Nigerians. A breakdown of passports issued between 2014 and 2018 showed that the South-West has the highest number, at 650,958 new passports issued.

Lagos has the highest number (1,264,528), followed by Oyo (233,004), Ogun (166,920), Osun (109,016), Ondo (91,161) and Ekiti (50,857). The South-South came second, with Edo topping at 172,435 new passports.

About 158,304 received their passports from Delta, while 157,177 received in Rivers, followed by Akwa Ibom (41,042), Bayelsa (38,100) and Cross River (26,806).

The North-West came third with 484,766. Kano received 169,941 within the period while Kaduna got 110,856; Katsina, 68,132; Jigawa, 40,793; Sokoto, 36,932; Kebbi, 29,735 and Zamfara, 28,377.

In the South-East, Enugu and Imo received the fourth highest number of new passports issued, at 440,228. While Imo had 126,049, Enugu was second with 99,416.

Others are Anambra (97,579), Abia (95,236) and Ebonyi (22,008). In the North-Central, 320,024 new passports were issued. Out of this number, Plateau had 109,016 while Niger had 77,354.

Others are Kwara (71,565), Kogi (28,766), Benue (17,890) and Nasarawa (15,433). Also, 511,059 new passports were issued in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). In the same period, the North-East had 137,332 new passports. Borno recorded the highest number with 29,977, followed by Gombe (26,965). Others are Adamawa (26,157), Bauchi (25,026) and Taraba (15,852).

Major destinations for Nigerians

Reports show that countries such as USA, UK, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Cameroun, Italy, Cote d’Ivoire, Benin Republic, Australia, UAE and Canada are top destinations for skilled Nigerians, while some European and Asian countries are top destinations for Nigerians without much skills.

The Canadian government estimates that Nigeria ranks third in the countries that have received the highest number of Canadian Express Entry in 2018 under the ITA scheme, which is usually offered to software engineers and developers, behind China and India in second and first respectively.

[/b]While 6,025 Nigerians received the offer, 6,248 Chinese and 41,675 India received it the same year respectively. Canada welcomed 341,000 immigrants in 2019 under its skilled labour programme; about 10,000 of them are Nigerians.

It is a steady increase as only 2,000 Nigerians were received in 2015; 4,000 in 2016; 6,000 in 2017; 8,000 in 2018 and 10,000 in 2019. With the US visa ban on Nigeria in place, more Nigerians are expected to head north in the coming years.

However, with the recent US demand for foreign medical professionals, Nigerian doctors and nurses may likely use the window of opportunity. Canada is projected to welcome 700,000 immigrants as permanent residents before the end of this year, which makes it an attractive destination for Nigerians of all categories.

The National Diaspora Commission estimates that between 5million and 15million Nigerians now live abroad. And some of the best brains go to these countries.

Although there are concerns of loss of skilled workers in critical sectors of Nigeria’s economy, the NBS figures showed that as Nigerians left the country in droves within the last five years, remittances from the Diaspora has risen steadily to $25.08bn in 2019, up from $3bn in 2013.

Hmmm..

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by allandutch: 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2020
itsme01:

Jack Ma is an individual. I mentioned China. And by China I meant the government of the People's Republic of China.
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by enemyofprogress: 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
How about mortuary attendants will they be needing us too? We work hand in hand with medical doctors. Their work is incomplete without us

Dominique say something now kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by FLYFIRE(m): 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dont believe everything you read or hear on CNN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by sarutobi: 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
Period007:
Every month we keep hearing Nigerian doctors are leaving yet there are still a whole lot of them around either jobless or underpaid.
Abeg let us hear word,Every one wants to leave Nigeria not just Doctors.

When they say Nigerian doctors, they mean the highly trained with decades of experience NOT doctor that just finished school yesterday.

5 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by enemyofprogress: 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
salford1:

Out of the 3500 to 6000 you quoted, rent alone would chop like 1500 to 2500 depending on location. Lets not even add other bills and expenses.

I think a good entry level wage for nurses in Nigeria should be at least 250k per month, then doctors 500k per month.

it is still better than staying behind in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by kinglee007(m): 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:

who be this one with "green passport"?
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by Talknochip(m): 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
All thanks to APC and Buharis archaic policies and all motion without movement strategies.
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by humilitypays(m): 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
salford1:

but is that the case here

And to me, the margin is wide between doctors pay and nurses pay in Nigeria. There is no much difference between nurses and doctors, if you doubt me, check other countries, how much doctors and nurses earn.

Entry salary for nurses in Nigerian private hospitals should be like NGN120,000 - NGN200,000

Those in government hospitals should be NGN200,000 (state government) - NGN250,000 (federal government).

Doctors should be: NGN250,000 - NGN350,000 for private hospitals

NGN400,000 (state govt) - NGN500,000 (federal govt).

With such salary, no Nigerian nurse or doctor will migrate outside Nigeria because of pay, unless out of passion
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
but you bought the data with Nigerian currency to type this nonsense.
Re: More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA by humilitypays(m): 5:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
but you bought the data with Nigerian currency to type this nonsense.
that guy is not Igbo. He is a disgruntled Yoruba boy, ignore him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COVID-19: People Are Celebrating Birthdays, Having Fun In Quarantine(Photos) / Renua, Femi Giwa-Amu’s Daughter Commits Suicide After Rape Accusations / Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.