Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) (79130 Views)

Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos) / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by seedsower(m): 9:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
Pictures showing the inner streets of Onitsha neighbourhoods as the lockdown persists.

No brown roofs?

Fake pictures, somewhere in Cape town South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Echudz95(m): 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
All d people wen get dis house nor dy Stay Onitsha....na December u go see dem.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by LarryBee1k: 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
sorry
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
Corrinthians:
They said Onitsha. You people WON'T simply enjoy your thread in peace. You must drag Yorubas into it. When you are replied and your shit fed to you in equal measure, you will run to the mods crying for salvation.

You people are just hopelessly out of your depths.
and wetin consign you tiv man did Afonja beg you to defend them When we discussing Fulani massacres in benue then you can chook mouth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

But go to Lagos and Ibadan you will mistake the two states for a shrine .
Brown roofs everywhere .

And your lots keep exporting themselves to same region

The joke is on you.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by cookingsoul(m): 10:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
DREAMZZZ:
and wetin consign you tiv man did Afonja beg you to defend them When we discussing Fulani massacres in benue then you can chook mouth
see dem original haters.hate is in their blood

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Starboytwo(m): 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
darfay:

It's not by landmass o. If na that one Ibadan is bigger than New york, Atlanta,Los Angeles, Seattle and San Francisco combined should your data be fact.but it's not by landmass oga
Plus onitsha heavily densely populated, there are lots and lots of of 4/5 story buildings all over.if electricity was stable and zoning regulation followed in Nigeria, it would have a very recognizable skyline, second to Lagos.... I'm not Igbo before you start
so where you from.
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by leicestercamper: 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
Onitsha amaka

Anambra amaka

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by iamimohtal(m): 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I'm from.Ahiazu Mbaise

Everytime I go home it gives me so much joy seeing how beautifully developed cities and villages In Imo State ha become especially in housing and I pray it continues so that in 10 years from now , Imo state will be rubbing shoulders with some cities in London and New York in developments .
Dreams
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Josephobaz1985: 10:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
Out of the 3 ethnic groups in Nigeria the Yoruba have the most successful and highest number of truly rich persons. Followed by the Hausa and Fulani . Igbo is third

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
We will start looking into your matter once your grammar is becoming comprehensive.

Anuofia
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Chuksmonika(m): 10:09pm On Apr 12, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
No single Brown Roof

But go to Lagos and Ibadan you will mistake the two states for a shrine . Brown roofs everywhere .
officially the brown roof republic
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Starboytwo(m): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2020
Some igbos have inferiority complex
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Solowande(m): 10:12pm On Apr 12, 2020
Jxt like dubai... Beautiful

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Blackfire(m): 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dpharisee:

Same here, I took a Tiv guy to work on my building in the village because I didn't like the attitude to work of some of our home based fellas, by the time he finished he got other jobs and decided to settle down in the East.
Las Las he married an Igbo lady, he is so entrenched now in the south east and calls himself Igbo man and he is accepted as one. In short the guy is now more Igbo than me and participate in every activity including masquerade events.
I laugh when I hear people who have never visited Igboland claim that Igbos are not receptive. I do tell them that it's your talent that is important and how much you have in your pocket, Igbo man will first consider the man who can do the job for him than his own brother who is mediocre.

My brother you have said the whole truth...
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Lionx2020: 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2020
Beautiful place

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by akaahs(m): 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2020
mcmbonu:
Very Beautiful.

Proudly Onitsha

Igbo Amaka

Hit Likes for Igbo people
I'm jealous ��, I'm convinced that the wealth of this country is in the east.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by AsawanaDgreat: 10:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
Home of upstairs, nice look Anambra

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by TMKsouth: 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
seedsower:

No brown roofs?

That architectural style and town planning is not South African.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by blingmoney01: 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
Abeg Igbo people i greet o, you guyz are the real hustlers, with little or nothing from the government you still build mansions for yourselves, go to Nnewi you will mansion upon mansion grin

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by helpishere(m): 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
Please show us upper iweka road.i want to check something on the street for my building project.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Cti28(m): 10:26pm On Apr 12, 2020
sreamsense:

You are comparing this with Ibadan, are you not ashamed? Onitcha by landmass is 52km square while Ibadan alone is 3,080km square by landmass. If you put all these your beautiful houses in Ibadan, it can not fill one local government in ibadan.

If you divide Ibadan by Onitcha i.e 3080/52 = 60; this implies you will see 60 Onitcha cities in 1 Ibadan. Beautiful houses are spread in Ibadan because of landmass while Onitcha houses are compacted in a small landmass area that can not fill half of one local government in Ibadan.

Out of 33 local governments in Oyo state, Ibadan alone has 11 local government areas. If you divide 60 by 11, you have approximately 6, it means Onitcha city as a whole can only fill 1/6th of a single local government in Ibadan.

Can you now see how funny you people are when comparing Onitcha with Ibadan? Google is your friend, you can do the calculation and research by yourself. Empty barrel makes loudest noise! And upon your empty noise, if you never reach that brown roof republic to hawk gala and hustle in multitude, you never reach your 'Obodo-oyinbo'
Keep land mass aside.
Ibadan is bigger than New York in terms of land mass, but in terms of beauty and population, it is no where, I say no where close to New York.
Keep on deceiving your self. Do you think Onitsha is made up of only the North and South local government? Onitsha is made up of more than 5 local governments.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by blingmoney01: 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
grin grin grin grin This guy is funny, am not Igbo but guy thats a big lie
Josephobaz1985:
Out of the 3 ethnic groups in Nigeria the Yoruba have the most successful and highest number of truly rich persons. Followed by the Hausa and Fulani . Igbo is third

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by LordShiva97(m): 10:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
All these pictures were probably taken in and around Federal housing estate 3-3, Nkisi and GRA. Areas on the fringes of Onitsha known for having lots of estates and good houses. Most of Onitsha doesn't look like this. Nice thread though.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by lastchild: 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Lol... Poster is just using style to show us how beautiful onitsha is, igbo Amaka

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Asour: 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

So you reckon New York is made up solely of skyscrapers? Are there no suburbs?

In any case, Igbo cities can only start witnessing construction of the skycrapers you mentioned only when there’s a true and comprehensive restructuring of the Nigerian political-economy, or when we’re truly independent and control our own economy and resources!

So Igbos don't control their political economy currently ?
what constitutes control of political economy?
being the President?

It's funny how the Igbos are everywhere in Nigeria (typically for economic reasons which is ok) but then talk about how they are held back by 'intangible' forces.

One even says he expects cities like Owerri to compete with New york city in the next 10 yrs. in terms of built environment. There's no need to say these. I will certainly be more impressed if you do it though. But it seems these comments are more of prestige games than substance.

God help us.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
richidinho:
Haters will say this is Los Angeles not onitsha grin
You mean the Cow eater and red oil lickers?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Zukerberg: 10:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
seedsower:

No brown roofs?

Why would Capetown look so tiny and undeveloped. That is Onitsha.The only developed area in the South East. It is not up to 5 GRAs in Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 12, 2020
Pls someone should help me,this lockdown has not been easy for me,I haven't taken anything apart from the bread I took this morning,and I don't have any hope of what I will eat tomorrow.pls help me.2085101641.uba
Re: Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures) by luluman: 10:40pm On Apr 12, 2020
richidinho:
Haters will say this is Los Angeles not onitsha grin
Buy yeebos are actually the ones known to see the bad side of any other tribe In Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

₦38,000 Per Night Guest House With 77 Lions In South Africa(Photos) / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Lady Who Was Set To Wed In October Crushed By Truck In Ajah (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.