Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:31 AM

PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This (1754 Views)

Please What Breed Of Dog Is This? / Please What Breed Is This / Which Dog Breed Is This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by slimcassi(m): 2:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hello Guys

I'm faced with a little problem, I came back home recently and found this pup (was told it's a pure breed). My major problem is, not knowing wat paticular breed the parent dogs are as i have no idea where they bought d pup from.

A female by name REINA
16weeks and 4days old

The only information i got from the Vet doctor was that Reina was a pure breed nothing more, whether the parent dogs where GSD, NSD Boerboel or Caucasians( grin) or crossed, i don't know.

Would appreciate it if anyone would give me an insight as to wat breed she is.....

Thank you

Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by Geepee77(m): 2:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
I think it's BoerboelxGSD Tho I'm not too sure, so let's wait for others to observe the puppy too. It looks like GSD but have the body of a boerboel.

Just an observation.
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by Gabrokpara001(m): 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
slimcassi:
Hello Guys

I'm faced with a little problem, I came back home recently and found this pup (was told it's a pure breed). My major problem is, not knowing wat paticular breed the parent dogs are as i have no idea where they bought d pup from.

A female by name REINA
16weeks and 4days old

The only information i got from the Vet doctor was that Reina was a pure breed nothing more, whether the parent dogs where GSD, NSD Boerboel or Caucasians( grin) or crossed, i don't know.

Would appreciate it if anyone would give me an insight as to wat breed she is.....

Thank you

Long snout of a GSD , fawn color of a boerboel my best bet is boerboel x Gsd cross.
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by slimcassi(m): 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
Geepee77:
I think it's BoerboelxGSD Tho I'm not too sure, so let's wait for others to observe the puppy too. It looks like GSD but have the body of a boerboel.

Just an observation.

My initial thoughts where that of the GSD, haven't really bin around Boerboels that's y I couldn't tell about the body(physic).

Had to check ur past threads I could see the resemblance of my pup with that of ur Boerboel (Willow) at 4months.
https://www.nairaland.com/5771421/upload-4-months-boerboel#88047945

Thank you so much.
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by slimcassi(m): 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
Gabrokpara001:

Long snout of a GSD , fawn color of a boerboel my best bet is boerboel x Gsd cross.
Thanks.

But I have a little concern, judging by the history of boerboel and pics I've seen, boerboel's are huge, same also are GSD if not as big as the former, but GSD sizes are ok, wat worries me is dat @16weeks, 4days (4months) Reina's physic troubles me compared to other 4month old pups I've seen(excluding Caucasians, those dogs are smtin else shocked) although she's a pecky eater mostly rejects foods presented to her and ends up eating a reasonable amount later.

Maybe am just bin faster than my shadows and probably she will come around if the theory of Boerboel x GSD are true.

Once again thank for the insight.
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by Gabrokpara001(m): 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
slimcassi:

Thanks.

But I have a little concern, judging by the history of boerboel and pics I've seen, boerboel's are huge, same also are GSD if not as big as the former, but GSD sizes are ok, wat worries me is dat @16weeks, 4days (4months) Reina's physic troubles me compared to other 4month old pups I've seen(excluding Caucasians, those dogs are smtin else shocked) although she's a pecky eater mostly rejects foods presented to her and ends up eating a reasonable amount later.

Maybe am just bin faster than my shadows and probably she will come around if the theory of Boerboel x GSD are true.

Once again thank for the insight.

Appetite is a huge factor in a growth of any Organism. Just like you wont compare the size of a human who eats alot to one who eats sparingly, same applies to dogs...you can try your best to boost her appetite maybe by deworming on a regular basis and adding aegis booster to her food but it doesn't take away the fact that she ll grow at her own rate
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by vincentjk(m): 8:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
Your vet thought your pup is a malinois lol, vets know just a little about dogs, buy a fresh looking dog all they'll tell you is that your pup is 100% pure lol

I guess you've a gsd mix boerboel there
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by slimcassi(m): 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2020
Gabrokpara001:

Appetite is a huge factor in a growth of any Organism. Just like you wont compare the size of a human who eats alot to one who eats sparingly, same applies to dogs...you can try your best to boost her appetite maybe by deworming on a regular basis and adding aegis booster to her food but it doesn't take away the fact that she ll grow at her own rate

U're absolutely correct u can't compare(Appetite is key)

I've bin told same on deworming and I did that but not on a regular basis as u said. Will do well to apply as u've suggested.
About the aeging booster as soon as dis lockdown period is over will give it a trial.

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by amizzy48(m): 8:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
You should not expect the dog to grow to big (especially if ur dog isn't a male)like a pure boerboel, Gsd are medium size dog ND from d pic above it show that ur dog have Gsd bloodline mix with boerboel
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by slimcassi(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
vincentjk:
Your vet thought your pup is a malinois lol, vets know just a little about dogs, buy a fresh looking dog all they'll tell you is that your pup is 100% pure lol

I guess you've a gsd mix boerboel there

You're probably right, most are mainly after d money, and would tell u wat will pls ur hearing. Lol

Thanks (GSD x Boerboel)
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by amizzy48(m): 8:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
If it is female dog @4months isn't really dat bad
Feed her 3-4times @this stage with foods rich in protein (both plant ND animals protein mainly meat,egg etc).
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by Geepee77(m): 8:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
Gabrokpara001 has said it all I just wanna add to it, you can also use xtreme booster in case you didn't see the one he suggested and look for protein that has strong smell like fish or chicken intestines and add it to the food,

1 Like

Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by slimcassi(m): 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2020
amizzy48:
You should not expect the dog to grow to big (especially if ur dog isn't a male)like a pure boerboel, Gsd are medium size dog ND from d pic above it show that ur dog have Gsd bloodline mix with boerboel

Noted. Thanks

amizzy48:
If it is female dog @4months isn't really dat bad
Feed her 3-4times @this stage with foods rich in protein (both plant ND animals protein mainly meat,egg etc).

Yeah, it's a female. I've incorporated fish into her diet, about the meat, haven't introduced her to raw meat yet, only cooked chicken/turkey for now. Will do well to up her diet. Thanks
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by slimcassi(m): 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2020
Geepee77:
Gabrokpara001 has said it all I just wanna add to it, you can also use xtreme booster in case you didn't see the one he suggested and look for protein that has strong smell like fish or chicken intestines and add it to the food,

Ok bro, aeging and Xtreme boosters. Noted. Will up here diet for better results.
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by amizzy48(m): 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
If u are feeding her on raw meat wash the blood from it thoroughly from the meat and also buy healthy meat from a good source, dewormed regularly ( I dewormed monthly for my dog).
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by slimcassi(m): 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
amizzy48:
If u are feeding her on raw meat wash the blood from it thoroughly from the meat and also buy healthy meat from a good source, dewormed regularly ( I dewormed monthly for my dog).

Noted. But I haven't started with raw meats yet only cooked ones cos am a bit afraid once I do she might start acting towards the bird(turkey/chicken) at home. As she often goes to their cage to look and sniff at them.

At wat age/stage do u think I should introduce raw meat. Cos am thinking much much later. Although I heard raw meat helps.
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by babamiMato: 11:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
@Op the above dog is most likely (99.9%) boerboel X GSD . the structure, long snout from the GSD and the fawn coloring with black mask from the boerboel
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by amizzy48(m): 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
slimcassi:

Noted. But I haven't started with raw meats yet only cooked ones cos am a bit afraid once I do she might start acting towards the bird(turkey/chicken) at home. As she often goes to their cage to look and sniff at them.

At wat age/stage do u think I should introduce raw meat. Cos am thinking much much later. Although I heard raw meat helps.
Initially my dog always chase my layer but with time she blend with the layer but sniffing their house sometimes in the morning she never stop that one.
Before u feed raw monitor her altitude towards ur chicken.
at her age she can feed raw but always remove hard bone you know she can not crack

1 Like

Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by slimcassi(m): 9:44am On Apr 13, 2020
amizzy48:

Initially my dog always chase my layer but with time she blend with the layer but sniffing their house sometimes in the morning she never stop that one.
Before u feed raw monitor her altitude towards ur chicken.
at her age she can feed raw but always remove hard bone you know she can not crack
Her attitude towards d chickens, I think I've found a way although the process is slow but ders progress.

Wat I do is, I get d little chicks out and invite her, as usual she starts sniffing and tries to bite, at that point I apply caution by pushing her away, saying NO, and if she insists a little tap/hit, and after a few minutes I repeat d process.

Did it dis morning and there was progress as I left d chicks alone without my hands being the chicks protection and I was pleased with her result towards the unguarded chicks.
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by slimcassi(m): 9:54am On Apr 13, 2020
Thanks Guys

I now have an idea as to wat breed my pup is, all observations and analysis of the pup points to GSD x Boerboel.

Once again thanks alot guys for ur advice pertaining food and growth of my pup. Will do well to adhere to ur suggestions and hope for d better.
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by Gabrokpara001(m): 11:18am On Apr 13, 2020
slimcassi:
Thanks Guys

I now have an idea as to wat breed my pup is, all observations and analysis of the pup points to GSD x Boerboel.

Once again thanks alot guys for ur advice pertaining food and growth of my pup. Will do well to adhere to ur suggestions and hope for d better.

Do well to keep us updated on her growth and general well being...since you now know the breed I suggest you change the heading of this thread and turn it into a dairy for your lovely pup
Re: PLS: Need An Insight As To What Breed Is This by slimcassi(m): 8:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
Gabrokpara001:

Do well to keep us updated on her growth and general well being...since you now know the breed I suggest you change the heading of this thread and turn it into a dairy for your lovely pup
Ok. Thread name will b changed once am ready for the diary of the pup.

Thanks once again.

(1) (Reply)

Boerboel Puppies For Sale / Controversy Over German Shepherd / Caucasian Male And Female Dogs �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.