Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People (448 Views)

Sandra Ezekwesili: 'Prophet TB Joshua Did Much Damage, His Ministry Was Toxic' / The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) / Nobody Needs Jesus Or Religion to be Righteous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by Jbleenk: 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
I have to do this post after receiving a lot of bashing from Nigerians after Commenting on a thread here (https://www.nairaland.com/5788485/chris-oyakhilome-churches-not-places/9#88367449) we don’t realize we have broken faith wth our ancestors and are suffering the consequences. I don’t mind if it don’t make fp as long as people get to read and realize our mistake.

How can a people have a future when they are disconnected with their past and their roots? I have heard people who don't know the names of streets next to theirs in Lagos give vivid description of London streets and they are proud of it! Some funny characters who don't know the names of their next-door-neighbours travel several kilometres to hug and pray in deceitful fraternity with total strangers all in a bid to find elusive peace.

We are happy and foolishly excited when we tell the stories of WANDERERS from their "Holy books" and dismiss with scorn Centuries of a Beautiful Heritage,Proud Traditions and enviable cultures as contained in the African Social Order!

We broke faith with our Ancestors and we are suffering the consequences. The descendants of Cavemen and Wanderers, from the West and the East, have given us enough WILD GEESE to chase forever because we are stupid!

Funny Characters like TB Joshua and Chris Oyakhilome ride us like donkeys in the South and Abubakar Shekau kill us like Goats in the North! Thinking about it now, it is actually a repeat, the very same way their progenitors, the early " missionaries" and "Jihadist" performed some 200years ago when they intruded into the affairs of a people who lived better and were more blessed than their miserable selves!

We are in deep trouble and we are fast heading for deeper troubles unless we are able to STOP & THINK!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by rusher14: 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
The African mind needs enlightening.

Covid-19 should serve as a wake up call to the African.

This pandemic informs you on the healing inability of your various pastors.

It displays how lacking in knowledge, logic and empathy most of them are.

It underlines the fact that oyinbos are not gods neither are the Asians supreme.

It shows our illpreparedness to challenge and overcome the various issues we would be faced with as a community.

We have no medical facilities, no labs for testing, no database for effective management and no society for the advancement of science or craft.

The irony that the USA just a few weeks ago was barring Nigerians from seeking non-visitor visas only to be advertising for positions of experienced medical personnel when they were faced with a challenge should actually motivate the Nigerian to know he is capable.

If our doctors could be fast-tracked into the US system during a crisis, our programmers could create applications without needing external validation.

We are capable of overcoming.

We are capable of producing.

There was a consensus amongst a large swathe of Nigerians when Pastor Chris chose to misinform.

This proves that the mind of the Nigerian is not completely shackled.

We can define a new Nigeria even now.

We can produce in Nigeria.

We can develop.

We shall overcome.

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by sacajawea: 12:26am On May 02, 2020
I'm Sorry but your post made me really laugh. I get your point tho

1 Like

Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by LordReed(m): 8:43am On May 02, 2020
It's because we didn't grow up out of our fascination with the unexplained and the fantastic aka magic. What happened is it just got transfered from the primitive to the more technological advanced. We are still stuck there like little children in a gigantic store full of toys. We don't care about how the toys got there, all that holds our attention are the sights and sounds and whatever fanciful tale we care to tell ourselves. Meanwhile the real work is being done all around us to keep the store supplied and to innovate.

We as a people need to collectively leave behind this fascination with magic and dig in to do the work. Even something like our herbal medicines have work we need to do to bring them on to the world stage, just saying they work is not enough. We must begin to codify what works into bodies of science that can be studied and replicated.

No more magic.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by CAPSLOCKED: 9:17am On May 02, 2020
THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO WITH MORE THAN 90% OF THE POPULATION THAT ENJOY PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THIER RELIGIOUS DENOMINATIONS AND VERSIONS OF GOD.
WHATEVER YOU SAY TO THEM IS BLASPHEMY AND HATE FOR THEM AND THIER GOD.
SO LIKE ME, YOU CAN JUST SIT TIGHT AND WATCH BEFORE THEY OBTAIN YOU LIKE MUBARAK.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by Jbleenk: 10:54am On May 02, 2020
Bro please I want post your comment on a different forum, I’m seeking your permission to go ahead.

rusher14:

It underlines the fact that oyinbos are not gods neither are the Asians supreme.

It shows our illpreparedness to challenge and overcome the various issues we would be faced with as a community.

We have no medical facilities, no labs for testing, no database for effective management and no society for the advancement of science or craft.

The irony that the USA just a few weeks ago was barring Nigerians from seeking non-visitor visas only to be advertising for positions of experienced medical personnel when they were faced with a challenge should actually motivate the Nigerian to know he is capable.

If our doctors could be fast-tracked into the US system during a crisis, our programmers could create applications without needing external validation.

There was a consensus amongst a large swathe of Nigerians when Pastor Chris chose to misinform.

We can develop.

We shall overcome.

Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by rusher14: 11:41am On May 02, 2020
Jbleenk:
Bro please I want post your comment on a different forum, I’m seeking your permission to go ahead.

No problem.

Permission granted.
Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by Nobody: 11:58am On May 02, 2020
rusher14:

We can develop.

We shall overcome.

A research made us to understand that in every corner of this planet there are wizards in different skills, you will finds genius in one field or/and another.

But the greatest challenge facing mankind is our inability to form one big family in order to solve the ever increasing problems facing the human race!

Your write-up makes a lot of sense though but the question is
"how are we going to make people from divers cultures and traditions to think alike, so as to move forward?"

Racism, Politics, Class, Level of education, self egoistic pride over ones abilities and skills amidst other countless factors causing division will never allow people to work together as one!

Most people blame Religion, but truthfully speaking, Religion is just a tool in the hands of Politicians. Politics itself stands as the insurmountable stumbling block to the progress we so much desire!

For instance think for a moment, the Earth's population is about 9 billion today and Covid19 is ravaging mankind from all sides, instead of thinking of how to find a lasting solution, you are beginning to be sentimental about your country, whereas within Nigeria we are having over 200 million inhabitants from over 70 different ethnic groups all clamoring for power as in produce the next President!

Haba, why not solve the problem of Racism and Politics first before thinking of how to keep professionals (who will give it all it takes to go for greener pastures in other lands) within your borders? Then you can now think of how to solve the problem affecting all concerned!

Even you will never advise your blood relation to wait the next minute if America calls for his service!

Why? Because Politics and Racism has finished your own country! embarassed

1 Like

Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by IamMichael(m): 2:21pm On May 02, 2020
This is the reason why I am running this thread below...
Feel free to visit and make your contributions ,ask questions, answer questions, etc...

https://www.nairaland.com/5780709/thread-mental-emancipation-indoctrinated-religious

I'm happy a lot Nigerians are waking up...
Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 02, 2020
Jbleenk:
I have to do this post after receiving a lot of bashing from Nigerians after Commenting on a thread here (https://www.nairaland.com/5788485/chris-oyakhilome-churches-not-places/9#88367449) we don’t realize we have broken faith wth our ancestors and are suffering the consequences. I don’t mind if it don’t make fp as long as people get to read and realize our mistake.

How can a people have a future when they are disconnected with their past and their roots? I have heard people who don't know the names of streets next to theirs in Lagos give vivid description of London streets and they are proud of it! Some funny characters who don't know the names of their next-door-neighbours travel several kilometres to hug and pray in deceitful fraternity with total strangers all in a bid to find elusive peace.

We are happy and foolishly excited when we tell the stories of WANDERERS from their "Holy books" and dismiss with scorn Centuries of a Beautiful Heritage,Proud Traditions and enviable cultures as contained in the African Social Order!

We broke faith with our Ancestors and we are suffering the consequences. The descendants of Cavemen and Wanderers, from the West and the East, have given us enough WILD GEESE to chase forever because we are stupid!

Funny Characters like TB Joshua and Chris Oyakhilome ride us like donkeys in the South and Abubakar Shekau kill us like Goats in the North! Thinking about it now, it is actually a repeat, the very same way their progenitors, the early " missionaries" and "Jihadist" performed some 200years ago when they intruded into the affairs of a people who lived better and were more blessed than their miserable selves!

We are in deep trouble and we are fast heading for deeper troubles unless we are able to STOP & THINK!
leave my G.O out of your write-up.Mind what you say about true Men of God
Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by Jbleenk: 2:35pm On May 02, 2020
Rozz:

Bleep outta here man
Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 02, 2020
IamMichael:
This is the reason why I am running this thread below...
Feel free to visit and make your contributions ,ask questions, answer questions, etc...

https://www.nairaland.com/5780709/thread-mental-emancipation-indoctrinated-religious

I'm happy a lot Nigerians are waking up...

To wake up is one thing another is to unite and work together! smiley
Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by Faithful4real(m): 6:03pm On May 02, 2020
Rozz:

Dont be surprised with all these things, the bible said we will face persecution and now it is happening. I feel bad for them cuz the devil and blind their sight and cannot see the truth.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by IamMichael(m): 6:05pm On May 02, 2020
Maximus69:

To wake up is one thing another is to unite and work together! smiley
Unity comes natural once personal interest is assured.
Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 02, 2020
IamMichael:

Unity comes natural once personal interest is assured.
Unity in the face of personal interest? undecided

The one and only organization that's truly united without the use of force, weapons or records of casualties is Jehovah's Witnesses!

I'm telling you as i've always told you that you will create more divisions than unity, enemies than friends, destructive devices than vaccines

Humans are free agents and nothing can unite humans without the involvement of a Supreme Being! smiley
Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by IamMichael(m): 6:22pm On May 02, 2020
Maximus69:

Unity in the face of personal interest? undecided

The one and only organization that's truly united without the use of force, weapons or records of casualties is Jehovah's Witnesses!

I'm telling you as i've always told you that you will create more divisions than unity, enemies than friends, destructive devices than vaccines

Humans are free agents and nothing can unite humans without the involvement of a Supreme Being! smiley
You are a religious extremist!

JW are an occultic group, even more deadly than Boko Haram.
Nothing is more dangerous than he who wants everyone to believe in his invisible almighty imaginary religious being.
Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 02, 2020
IamMichael:

You are a religious extremist!

JW are an occultic group, even more deadly than Boko Haram.
Nothing is more dangerous than he who wants everyone to believe in his invisible almighty imaginary religious being.

rephrased! wink

You are a deluded slowpoke!

Atheists are rebellious psychopaths, even more confused than cockroaches.
Nothing is more stupid than he who wants everyone to think freely without a unique line of thought and at the same time crying for unity! cheesy
Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by IamMichael(m): 7:25pm On May 02, 2020
Maximus69:

rephrased! wink

You are a deluded slowpoke!

Atheists are rebellious psychopaths, even more confused than cockroaches.
Nothing is more stupid than he who wants everyone to think freely without a unique line of thought and at the same time crying for unity! cheesy
You see, I'm justified In calling you a religious extremist...

#DSS, #NigerianArmy, #NigerianPoliceForce, #NSA, #Interpol, #CIA, #MI6, #KGB, #MOSSAD, terrorist alert!!!
Re: We’ve Allowed Religion To Do A Major Damage On Us As A People by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 02, 2020
IamMichael:

You see, I'm justified In calling you a religious extremist...

#DSS, #NigerianArmy, #NigerianPoliceForce, #NSA, #Interpol, #CIA, #MI6, #KGB, #MOSSAD, terrorist alert!!!

It's not about talks talks talks my friend.

Let everyone see how possible it is for sane humans to unite peacefully for a purpose without the Supreme Being!

That's all! wink

(1) (Reply)

Watchout An Invisible Famine Already In The Land / The Law Of Tithing Is Not For New Testament Gentile Believers / God Of Chosen Needs You On This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.