Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic (2260 Views)

This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? / Scan Car Or Vehicle Plate Number For Registration Confirmation On Confirmme App / Which Is Wiser? Save For Your First Car Or Get A Loan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by oluyink9: 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
My people considering the economic forecast of a recession after the covid 19 pandemic . Is now the best time to buy a car or wait till the pandemic is over?
Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by Romeo3(m): 6:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
Wait for some weeks after the pandemic... People will be broke and need money for bills

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
people today are desperate to buy food etc...so it is indeed the right time to buy anything for cheap.
Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by buygala(m): 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
Try to survive the Pandemic before looking to cash on people's misfortune sad

Or should we start bidding for your property or should we wait until Covid19 claims you

If you don't want to be unfortunate, better buy what you wanna buy without waiting to benefit from people's misfortune....

6 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by uboma(m): 7:28pm On Apr 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
people today are desperate to buy food etc...so it is indeed the right time to buy a anything for cheap.

You are right.
Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by Fogman(m): 7:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
oluyink9:
My people considering the economic forecast of a recession after the covid 19 pandemic . Is now the best time to buy a car or wait till the pandemic is over?

Please buy now, after the pandemic vehicles will be very expensive because of dollars exchange. Remember CBN official exchange rate has increased from N306 to N360 and that is the rate custom will use in calculating duties

I have couples of vehicle in Lagos port and also bought some in US this past week. It may interest you to know that I bought the vehicles at the rate of N410/$ and custom duties has also increased by about 10%.

9 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by dokyOloye: 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
oluyink9:
buy now,cos there'll be fewer ppl hustling for cars now with the pandemic and shii,so cars will be significantly cheaper.
Same shii happens in d peak of d Christmas season and early January cos the holidays plus the snow and cold that period doesn't allow hustlers come out to buy cars.

3 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by davillian(m): 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
Respect yourself
Car that you can't drive now if you buy it....
So keep your money don't go and buy corona virus infected car....

After the whole thing cars go cheap grin...

4 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by oluyink9: 8:05am On Apr 13, 2020
davillian:
Respect yourself
Car that you can't drive now if you buy it....
So keep your money don't go and buy corona virus infected car....

After the whole thing cars go cheap grin...

Thanks for your input...after the whole tin demand will likely go up likewise price...

1 Like

Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by seunoj: 9:17am On Apr 13, 2020
oluyink9:

During this period is the time to buy but u need to be sure u have enough money to cater for ursef.
I saw an offer for a truck and am like, make we survive first thereafter we can think of that.
Do you know job loss is imminent? Salary may be cut by half or not paid at all, if u don't buy now the price will increase( exchange rate), This and many more u should consider.

Na you hold the yam, knife, pot, and stove. Choose as u please

1 Like

Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:28am On Apr 13, 2020
If your income is secure, now is the perfect time to buy.

If you're a business man, or have a job with iffy job security, don't. Hold the cash. We're about to head into a pretty massive global recession.
Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by duality(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2020
Fogman:

Please buy now, after the pandemic vehicles will be very expensive because of dollars exchange. Remember CBN official exchange rate has increased from N306 to N360 and that is the rate custom will use in calculating duties

I have couples of vehicle in Lagos port and also bought some in US this past week. It may interest you to know that I bought the vehicles at the rate of N410/$ and custom duties has also increased by about 10%.

So after clearing at N360 don't you think that things can change and you don't make profit?
Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by Fogman(m): 10:07am On Apr 13, 2020
duality:

So after clearing at N360 don't you think that things can change and you don't make profit?

N360 is now official CBN rate and can't change in the nearest future with this present pandemic and global recession looming. No business man will want to sell below his cost price.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by davillian(m): 11:34am On Apr 13, 2020
oluyink9:

Thanks for your input...after the whole tin demand will likely go up likewise price...
Demand of cars won't be high
Those with money would have spent it
those selling would be broke and willing to sell
Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by ontolegit(m): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
seunoj:

During this period is the time to buy but u need to be sure u have enough money to cater for ursef.
I saw an offer for a truck and am like, make we survive first thereafter we can think of that.
Do you know job loss is imminent? Salary may be cut by half or not paid at all, if u don't buy now the price will increase( exchange rate), This and many more u should consider.

Na you hold the yam, knife, pot, and stove. Choose as u please
Pls share with us the truck offer
Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by revilomichaels(m): 8:04am On Apr 28, 2020
Fogman:

410!!!?
Una go finish us after this pandemic. W go be car-vid 20
Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by Fogman(m): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2020
revilomichaels:

410!!!?
Una go finish us after this pandemic. W go be car-vid 20

smiley smiley smiley Baba na Covid-19 cause am! Dollars as at yesterday was N450 and custom duty has increased drastically. God go help us o

1 Like

Re: Is This The Right Time To Buy A Car Or Wait Till After The Covid 19 Pandemic by Solex20(m): 2:56pm On May 25, 2020
oluyink9:

Better to but now especially if it's tokunbo you want to purchase. Naira is predicted to keep falling due to our very weak economy.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable 2003 Toyota Camry Up For Sale / Please Advice: Yaris Or Avanza? / Could This Be True Of Mobil Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.