Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? (26224 Views)

Party Sharing Money In The Presence Of Security Agents - Sahara Reporters / APC Caught Sharing Money To Northerners To Vote (video) / Men Caught Sharing Money To Voters In Ekiti, Bundled Away By Security Men.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Heyzee5: 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hi all. I was just thinking, from an economic perspective, is it advisable to share money to all Nigerians in this pandemic period? Won't that result in Inflation/HyperInflation? I am just looking at the economic angle of this.

I am aware that this is currently done in the US, but I just want to hear our opinions. I also understand that there is hunger in the land but, kindly note that this is merely a discussion before you bash me cheesy

Everyone is welcome to submit his or her opinions especially if you are an Economist in the house.

Thanks.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by visijo(m): 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
If you smoke and your partner smoke, that relationship is called "Ashes to Ashes"

Can any good thing come out of Nigeria?

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
You mean the chicken change the government is sharing. undecided
Can you survive on #5,000 for two week talk less of a month.

Can you imagine government giving households 20,000 naira for four months cry cry

It doesn't have any economic impact whatsoever. :-
X
And Pls dont even mention inflation here

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Inflation. When there's much cash in circulation, this leads to inflation making the value of the money drop.

Went to the market with 20k 3 days ago and to be sincere I no even see wetin I buy now. Kept wondering how the money vanished

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
May Almighty God completely heal all those that have been already tested positive for this deadly virus and protect all those that have not yet contact it together with all our family and friends, no matter how bad or worse its, i pray to Almighty God that it should never know it direction or it ways to our lifes and all our relatives and all our love ones amen

3 Likes

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by inoki247: 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yes iz going to help the Dollar equal 1naira shocked shocked

Petrol is already heading towards 50Naira cool cool cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by ikcid: 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Soon they'll be shouting inflation up and down, without knowing fully well that controlled distribution of relief materials not necessarily money as done by some food banks in organized counties is the way forward...

1. People are starving, really starving
2. How much will you share to help them out from hunger, when the price of goods is equally on the high side....
3. In countries where money is being shared, prices of goods hasn't skyrocketed, rather price of goods has remained the same and in some cases there is reduction in prices.

I pray we get it right in this country.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by NaijadrivaCars: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Economic angle ke?

So make people die abi

Las laa, world economy don crash.

Imam of Peace sef shocked

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Elove1: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Your Politheifcian think by doing so ,you might be richer than them..

It's more easier for Buhari to wear ipob polo than your Politheifcian to give you Kobo this period..

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by OTayobami(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
No implications abeg, no be naija start am, US did it too as a matter of fact it was $1300 dem give all citizens and not just poor people. No be only $56 una dey plan to share?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by AroOkigbo(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yes, it minimises the pool of free fund available for our evil leaders to LOOT and send to their cronies and accounts overseas.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by mofeoluwadassah: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Do you want to give us money ni undecided

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by tenmariner: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
I am not too sure but its not likely to lead to hyperinflation. One of the major reason for hyperinflation is an increase in money supply. Over here, supply of money is skewed!
This is my own opinion though!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Slawormir: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Let me sipp my beer and read comments from economist

If na programming and soft ware i go for respond

5 Likes

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by FactBoyz: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
I will say no

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by ofemigeorge(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
These are questions that our media journalist will not carry their leg to go and ask at the right source and broadcast their findings to the nation.

If only Nairaland had a news Tv station..like cnn......e for make sense. They have topics or headlines that triggers discussion amongst the people of the nation.

29 Likes

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Ekakamba: 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
Any implication should be inconsequential. grin tongue

Everyone don sabi say Nairaland na Bashing (Insult) HQ.

And I quote

I also understand that there is hunger in the land but, kindly note that this is merely a discussion before you bash me cheesy
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by jaxxy(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
Besides the fact they will get loans to recover if oil price don't go up? No

How many Nigerians got the money? There's no inflation risk situation anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Acidosis(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
Depends on the amount.

N10,000 or 20,000 each?? Absolutely none.

N200,000 each?? we are all fvcked!

15 Likes

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by gambia(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
There is no economic implication sir.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by DJMCOTTY(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
Let them gimme the money first so I can buy data to do research

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Utiii: 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
This covid , we all know the reason this thing is killing americans is that they are eating junk they are hungry but they don't know it even italy eating food that is grown from fertiliser not knowing they are just getting fat nothing inside .Nigerians may be hungry but the little we eat is natural so we are far stronger, all this figures if this thing is lethal to us we won't be hearing we will be seeing with our eyes like in US. Places like new York home of junk and italy it all snack food but let it be known eating organic rat and cockroaches is far better than eating junk forget that propaganda of rat causing corona the elites know they are eating good food and the masses are being provided commercial purpose food not nutritional food surprisingly they see hungry Africa is better than eating overfed junk. In all we don't need this lockdown luckiy for us we grow our food naturally that's the reason our ruling class get well quick,llwelll even prince Charles these people are eating well, if you love yourself forget anything junk, or once in a while ,most of all eat good food they are running test to know which people are actually healthy next may be worst, the world is overpopulated those at the helm that think of earth preservation could get rid of more masses like you and I. In times like this it is risky to be mere human hold unto a god you know it's working with all your might even if it's Satan find a way and join illuminati it's not for masses though as for me it's our Lord Jesus christ. Nothing concern me with nigerian government or their money what they want to do let them do

4 Likes

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Iytech(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
The implication may not matter now. Hunger and starvation are real!

2 Likes

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yes ... Either of the three:

- Inflation on printing new money..
- Bankruptcy on giving from the reserve..
- High Interest rate on borrowing to give..

- Either ways... it does not come out good..

6 Likes

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by TreasureTayo(m): 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
America already shared $1200 to her citizens. That's over 400k. I don't think Nigeria will do up to that so nothing will happen. But the question is, will they share the money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Corrinthians(m): 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
This whole scheme is frought with fraud.

The fact the government can't really explain how beneficiaries were selected makes rubbish of the scheme.

Simply dolling out cash to random people isn't going to solve any problem. What I feel should have been done was to focus more on a productive section of the population, perhaps, to cushion the economic impact of the pandemic on their businesses because they'd surely take a hit. I'm talking about SMEs.

5 Likes

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by emkz: 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
Yes. Too much money in the hands of consumers chasing too few goods leads to inflation. The US can do it because they have data and have the money while Canada has data, money and a low population. China wouldn't dare such, nor Germany, Russia, France or Japan. It would wreck their economies.

Since we have a traditional problem of data capturing, it would have worked better to subsidize food items, essentials and other consumables (minus beer please). A workable solution is to liaise with the market leaders by providing the money to them (and asking them to give account daily). This money is to offset the differential for goods purchased by the consumers. There might be problems arising from it, but it is better than giving money directly to the consumers; for example, I can go with my wife and say I am the head of the family while she can claim she is a widow. Who can verify these claims without data?

If I were to advise government, I'd have suggested government focuses palliatives on these two states. It is easier to manage 25 million persons than managing 200 million: that money won't go round. Also Dangote, Lake Rice, and other big northern farmers need to be engaged to flood Lagos and Abuja with food. That the government can afford for 1-2 months...since they have been paying fuel subsidy since I was born.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by dipopooo(m): 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hisss..Fvck inflation...What's our business with inflation...we are talking about how to survive presently.

At times, I feel like killing all of our useless leaders

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Abcdefghij10000(f): 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
This would result to an inflation because Nigeria markets is not controlled by the government. So iya Tito or iya sukurat can hike prices unreasonably

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
Depends on how Buhari and his team of Economic Aboki’s handle the aftermath of the pandemic.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu: If I Am Elected President, Edo Will Become As Beautiful As Lagos / How PDP/APC Rig Elections: Ekiti Rigging Meeting Leaked Audio - SaharaReporters / Picture Of A Nairalander With Dr Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.