Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths (65319 Views)

51 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 493. 17 deaths. 159 discharged / 20 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 343. 91 Discharged. 10 Deaths / 13 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total Of 318. 70 Discharged. 10 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by duepurpose: 11:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
iamadonis2:
Why do I feel there are fewer cases today because it's Easter and no one wanted to be bothered with testing too many people?

Well, lets see what tomorrow holds

Oh Really?
And they would be bothered about confirming many patients negative and releasing them?

1 Like

Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by AlphaT1(m): 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
ignis:
There is light at the end of the tunnel.

The discharged outnumbered the death cases.

Glory to God.... We shall conquer this Chinese Virus.

The index cases in katsina and kano should be flogged for violating the Lagos lockdown rule and still traveling out of Lagos.

The guy below me has nothing to say.
Sure we shall conquer.....but 10 deaths out of 323 is not a good omen...that's 3% ...it's almost like the situation in Europe.....
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by voiceofpeace: 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
BABA GOD thank u because if this thing when them dey call coroversess abi codillia festus them dey call am stop like this we go dance shaku shaku for u ooooo

1 Share

Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Josephobaz1985: 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2020
Vulcan24:

not warm weather .... the infected has not mingle with the populace.

Lagos is just doing gragra.... corona is not here
Nigerian doctors or Lagos government or stupid NCDC are not doing anything. Nigeria government know that Nigerians have antibodies against the virus that is why they are not doing enough test. In fact no country is doing enough testing. Watch CNN you will know that even Almighty USA is under testing. Oga we don't have Coro here that is gospel truth

1 Like

Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2020
duepurpose:

Oh Really?
And they would be bothered about confirming many patients negative and releasing them?

I wouldn't count 5 as many, you know. But wait, are you trying to look for trouble with these s*****tic questions?
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Temysteve(m): 11:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
bluemansion:
5 new cases is quite low then compared to previous days. May God heal the world.

Corona may not kill us but hunger.

Things are really rough but some people would think soliciting for help is fun to some people not knowing it's out of no options. I need help not to buy private jet, Ferrari or build a mansion but for survival this lockdown period.

Any amount dropped in the account below will be much appreciated.

Account number: 3351-09-7274
Bank name: Ecobank Plc

Thanks and God bless richly.
The money u using to buy data will surely do something of you stay off nairaland pending this lockdown.

2 Likes

Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by lalax(m): 11:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
Good news, d number of infected persons is dropping.... hopefully in a few days from now we will record zero case... except d govt as usual decide to cook up figures just to use am chop d remaining money wey remain for coro account....
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Ayomideen(m): 11:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
BlackSpanner:
I hope they got their permutations right.

The first time we are having more discharged cases than new infections.
I'm patiently waiting for the day that Lagos will not record any new case.

It has happened sometime last week or 2 weeks ago
Painful thing is that Lagos recorded over 10 cases the following day
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by monaPhilz: 11:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
osuofia2:

Pls add your whole family and extended as you wan do multiplier
You dey mind the idiot? Them go just dey talk nonsense asif the people wey dey contact it no be human wey get family members like the rest of us

1 Like

Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Josephobaz1985: 11:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
lalax:
Good news, d number of infected persons is dropping.... hopefully in a few days from now we will record zero case... except d govt as usual decide to cook up figures just to use am chop d remaining money wey remain for coro account....
Osalobua bless you. Exactly
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by EmekaBlue(m): 11:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
noblealuu:
Seems there's community spreading already. Our testing capacity for CoVid19 is still low, otherwise the number should be more than what we have at the moment.
even if it is low..why r people not dropping dead...or is the covid-19 death not within days and check out since it came to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Abeyjide: 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
slimthugchimee2:
Finally for the first time since this pandemic started in Nigeria, we have discharged more cases than the number of cases confirmed

Also for the second day in a row no new cases in abuja

I pray for drastic reduction. This depends on number of test carried out per day. hmmm... I fear for kwara own oo.
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by molybdenum0012: 11:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
This is about 26% recovery rate and 3% death rate.

If we have 400, 000 infected cases at this rate, about 104, 000 infected patients will recover while 12, 000 patients will die.

The situation will be similar to what is playing out in the US currently if not worst.

In conclusion, this is not good news. Guys, brace up for what lies ahead.
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by oluogbon0000(m): 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
Now this is turning to scam everyday grin new cases emerging death increases every two weeks grin, you discharge more series of video clips of isolation centers playing and even in flexing mode grin

1 Like

Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:07am On Apr 13, 2020
johnmattew:
if Naija doesn't test more that still isn't the reason.....it's been 3 weeks since borders were closed,yet our hospitals and pharmacies aren't littered with people having symptoms of coronavirus.....what does that tell u??.

our testing capacity is 1500 daily and out of 1500 tested{ probably people who felt signs of coronavirus) ,just 5 came out positive..

my conclusion is coronavirus isn't much in naija
My conclusion is you're a zmbi
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:10am On Apr 13, 2020
mchc1001:
So how many people died in a hospital as a result of suspected coronavirus case?, please stop this your nonsense, Nigeria as a nation was able to fight this disease effectively and this is due to experience they have during the fight against ebola
You'll be surprised how many ppl have died due to suspected coronavirus. Just ask any doc you know.
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Captain3star(m): 12:10am On Apr 13, 2020
CORONAVIRUS MIGHT BE INCUBATING IN AJEGUNLE! report by DAVID AYO BABALOLA.

I've been stooling since last night following the report of a man (name withheld) who developed high blood pressure around 2030 hours of yesterday Saturday, April 11, 2020 who had just returned from Abuja four days ago by road in a container and had been in Ajegunle until last night. He felt unwell and after checks, he was found to have high BP. The Supervisor for Health of our local government, Ademola Ismaila, was immediately informed who in turn made a swift call to the Medical Officer of Health of the LG for prompt relaying of the development to the authorities, who promised to dash to Ajegunle for actions.

Meanwhile, the Supervisor had advised those around him to not go near him and await officials from the Ministry of Health for sample test. They wanted to ferry him to the General Hospital at Awodi-Ora but the Supervisor advised against it because the idea might expose the people and hospital workers to risk, since they were not protected. Furthermore, he investigated the travel history of the man and found out that he was one of four people who made the trip to Abuja and while he was on his way to Lagos, one of them decided to travel to Owerri, the Imo state capital. A call was promptly placed to the said man and he informed the Supervisor, crying on phone, that he is also feeling sick and having symptoms of the novel virus. He has however called for test and results are expected today.

Unfortunately, the Ajegunle man's wife who had been informed of the development on phone came from Ibasa where they reside, a village across the sea in Ojo local government, in company of his brother who's a Uber driver to pick him up despite warnings from people close to her husband, before officials could arrive.

However, the compound where he was kept before his wife came, which is metres away from my house on Nosamu street, would be disinfected today and other close buildings. This should worry everyone associated with Ajegunle and Lagos. They said we are at the community transmission stage, which is the worst and deadly, but we are not taking it serious. If the other Abuja returnee in Owerri tested positive, we are in for it because there's high probability his colleague in Lagos is also positive. In view of this, everyone who might have come in contact with the suspected case in the couple of days is advised to self-isolate while the wife is being tracked.

This is the stage at which we all should not compromise anything. Sadly, we are not heeding all advices and precautions, possibly because Nigeria has a comparatively slow rate of cases coupled with an encouraging high rate of recoveries. We and Brazil recorded our first cases on February 27 but after over 47 days, the South American nation was reporting 941 deaths as against Nigeria's seven as at two days ago. But this should not make us complacent else the result could be fatal.

Instead of us to be more concerned about our lives and others, a lot of us are more concerned about Fake News, buying into the dummies sold by online bloggers. If they are not saying NCDC has spent N1bn on SMS (which is even free by the telcos), they are either quoting the Minister of Finance today or the Accountant General of the Federation tomorrow that N700bn phony relief funds had been burnt when the actual donations is about N40bn and the office don't keep money but data and files which can't be lost because all its data are duplicated and stored in one of the states. Or they lie to you that Lai Mohammed or Sadiya Farouk stated that "no Nigerian is hungry as FG has sent everyone money". The bloggers & their individual accomplices know their audience has chicken brains so can accept all garbage.

In March, the UK was recording low deaths but the same country is on the curve now adrift of the US with record number of fatalities. Nigeria might be tilting towards that if care is not taken when it's even the Church that is advising governors not to lift restrictions on religious gatherings. After the death of a COVID-19 patient yesterday in Lagos, about 2,000 are reported to be exposed in Alimosho LG alone. Everyone should just take caution and stay at alert!

1 Like

Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:13am On Apr 13, 2020
hipsyleema:
I am not happy that the figures for today are low... They should just be real with us in terms of figures..
You're beautiful
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Ruggedniggaone: 12:15am On Apr 13, 2020
OyinO:
Nigerian version of covid is politricks. Nonsense an ingredient. Brain dead, effemimated, weakened, religiously blinded and zombified con3 pipo. Original sufferhead! Fela Anikulapo was 100% right.
calm down frustration lead to depression and depression can lead to the abortion of your life.take it easy
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by bluefilm: 12:16am On Apr 13, 2020
masterP042:
Not enough people are being tested, that's why the numbers are low. But also if there are more virus carriers out there, the death toll should have multiplied by now. I think I go with seun, our warm weather helps to contain the spread.
Cos there's nothing special that our leaders nor ncdc has done differently from other countries with thousands of death.
As we no get good leaders or efficient health system, nature is helping us. Ehi na enwero odu, chi ya na achuru ya ijiji

The virus is not as deadly as CNN wants you to believe.

Simple and short.

My only fear now is that Madam Bill Gates recently said she is seeing so many dead bodies littered in the streets of Africa.

Who knows, they may be planning to increase the potency of their virus and want to test run it in Africa.

But whatever it comes to, a strong immune system is all you need.

That means Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and lots and lots of fruits and vegetables...
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Ruggedniggaone: 12:19am On Apr 13, 2020
Goddys:

don't be deceived. hundreds of unconfirmed cases abound in Lagos. How many tests do ncdc carry out daily?
hope your family members dey among them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Ruggedniggaone: 12:23am On Apr 13, 2020
Asiri1991:
My problem is not the low number of cases recorded but the insignificant number of person tested. A look at the statistics in worldometer shows that Nigeria has one of the lowest numbers tested per million population. Nigeria stands at 24 per one million; an insignificant figure compared to tests carried out in our sister countries: Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, etc. Presently, the statistics shows that Nigeria has only carried out an estimated five thousand tests since the outbreak of the pandemic. One won't be wrong to conclude that the low figures we get everyday is as a result of the minimal tests conducted daily. I am afraid we might be at the peak of the pandemic presently without knowing it.
but do you expect them to be testing everybody that has no contact with any foreigner or covid19 patients?
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Ruggedniggaone: 12:29am On Apr 13, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Super story.. Na you go feed me?.. Coronavirus can be treated.. Hunger can kill.. I. Choose the lesser poison
we can't put the lives of reasonable citizens in danger because of you,you are not the only one feeling hungry alaye if it was during the war,will you still go out if you know that going out is not safe for your life ?if govt don't lift the lockdown next week you can go ahead and defy govt order,solder will shot you and you will die and guess what?heaven n will not fall.
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Asiri1991: 12:35am On Apr 13, 2020
uuzba:

Now you are thinking
Nigerians have been so stupid to practice so many wrong things. This thing started in university where the student say, "let me just write what the lecturer wants to read so I can pass and go"
Ok continue.
Now see it.
NCDC is JUST writing what we like to read "LOW NUMBERS OF CASES" so we can be happy.
The reality is much different.
Our foolish habits have come back to finish us.

I'm scared.
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Asiri1991: 12:36am On Apr 13, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
but do you expect them to be testing everybody that has no contact with any foreigner or covid19 patients?

The contact tracing process is poor.
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by dahmeelorlah: 12:39am On Apr 13, 2020
God will help us
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by EnaibeSam: 12:46am On Apr 13, 2020
I pray the number of new cases will continue to drop on daily basis
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by richeso: 1:11am On Apr 13, 2020
you discharged people means you cure them from the infection ?
if so, why not tell us the drugs you used so people can buy and start protecting themselves.
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by Hadsty23(m): 1:33am On Apr 13, 2020
Oún rùgbo bó... We seek for your divine favor in our country.

Learn how to get up to free $200 bitcoin. Claiming Satoshi every one hour
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by olumide4christ: 1:41am On Apr 13, 2020
johnmattew:
if Naija doesn't test more that still isn't the reason.....it's been 3 weeks since borders were closed,yet our hospitals and pharmacies aren't littered with people having symptoms of coronavirus.....what does that tell u??.

our testing capacity is 1500 daily and out of 1500 tested{ probably people who felt signs of coronavirus) ,just 5 came out positive..

my conclusion is coronavirus isn't much in naija

You have just expressed my line of thought. If truly the virus has spread like wild fire like some people are saying, why haven't the hospitals been full of sick people or people dropping dead in their houses after over 1 month of the virus coming to the country?
Its not just about the level of testing. Corona doesn't wait for people to get tested before it manifests itself in their bodies. Except people are dying of Corona in their houses and their families are burying them without taking them to the hospital or mortuary.
Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by carryus(m): 1:42am On Apr 13, 2020
Why is the covid-19 cases always come by 9 to 10pm. There is something going on. Ya Allah help us to over come this situation.

Re: 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths by canDy4eva(f): 3:04am On Apr 13, 2020
viccipedia:
this is first batch... they now do it in batches to suspend panic like election results announcement.

Stay positive, it's not a crime!

Have you prayed for NIGERIA today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo) / Reasons Why Girls Breast Shouldn't Be Sucked . / This Lady's Weight Loss Transformation Photos Will Leave You Speechless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.