Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:48 PM

5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks (384 Views)

Syringe-manufacturing Company Packs Up, Cites Challenging Business Situation / 5 Health Risks Of Sex With Animals - Temi Iwalaiye / WHO: Drinking Alcohol Does Not Cure Coronavirus, It Increases Health Risks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by cyrilamx(m): 10:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Tobi Aworinde, Abuja

Founder of Christ Embassy, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, has backtracked on his claim that the introduction of 5G networks was responsible for the coronavirus pandemic.

Oyakhilome had alleged that 5G — the fifth generation of wireless communications technologies supporting cellular data networks — was initiated to facilitate a “new world order”.

He had argued that the coronavirus pandemic was created to instil fear among people in actualising the alleged agenda and that the 5G technology was an initiative of “the Anti-Christ”.

The comments generated heated debate among Nigerians, with Senior Pastor of Kingsway International Christian Centre, Matthew Ashimolowo, criticising pastors, who he did not name, for presenting false information with respect to the pandemic.

But Oyakhilome, in a video shared on social media on Sunday, stated that he was only opposed to the initiative because of its perceived health risks and the seeming silence of authorised regulators to address its advantages and disadvantages.

He said, “I have to look at my calling as a priority and I’m into the healing ministry. You may be a pastor or a minister and not be into the healing ministry, this may not concern you. I’m a science and technology enthusiast. I love technology.

“Just studying the capabilities of the 5G makes me, like, ‘Wow! I’d like to go on it like tomorrow morning. I’d like to start it right away.’ But at the same time, I’m into healing, I know what it means for people to be sick. I meet with sick people all the time. And so, no matter how interested I am in the 5G, I’m going to put health first.

“Are there health risks? What are the health implications? Those are my concerns and I became even more concerned when I found out that regulators didn’t seem to care much in looking into the details and the cause of the independent scientist and experts, medical doctors.”

Oyakhilome said, though he would love to go on the 5G network within hours if they rolled it out, it was important that all its health risks be understood and the challenges are fixed.

“If there are health risks, they should be fixed. We want to go on extraordinary technology but we must also consider all the health implications. That’s my point,” he added.

https://punchng.com/5g-controversy-oyakhilome-makes-u-turn-cites-health-risks/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by cyrilamx(m): 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
He would have saved himself this embarrassment had he carried our a comprehensive research on the 5G. Instead of trying to save face, let him just apologize that he was carried away by conspiracy theory like his counterpart Sule of Auchi. The pastor really goofed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by oscarsam(m): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
cyrilamx:
He would have saved himself this embarrassment had he carried our a comprehensive research on the 5G. Instead of trying to save face, let him just apologize that he was carried away by conspiracy theory like his counterpart Sule of Auchi. The pastor really goofed.

OP you stingy oh. Na you open thread and you still chop first to comment���
Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by rusher14: 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
He wasnt led by the spirit.

The question now is, when was he actually led by the spirit?
Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by HITdemUP: 11:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
Pastorpreneur
Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by Heffalump(m): 11:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Good riddance to bad nonsense.

Some people claiming to be more scientific than Albert Einstein undecided

What does a pastor know about electromagnetic wave I'm happy that only his members were deceived. This is more than speaking in tongues.
Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by FastestGirl: 11:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Huni
Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by mignone(f): 11:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
What a shame! Must these people talk? Anyway, they av to, to remain relevant to folks who never study d Bible with d Holy Spirit interpretation.
Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by Commonsense99: 12:40am On Apr 13, 2020
grin
The Internet never forgets, no amount of backtracking can withdraw the impression you have created about your lack of understanding of basic issues, this puts a big question mark on your so called healing ministry.

Meanwhile let him save his story for the birds, we all know he went on the offensive as an alibi to cover up his inability to perform fake Miracles on COVID-19 patients while the whole world is watching.
Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by olushollys(m): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2020
5g and corona virus. God will save us. Please follow all safety precautions wash your hands, practice social distancing, do not touch your face and pray it is well.
https://familydoctorportal.com/how-to-stop-touching-your-face/
Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by AbuTwins: 7:15am On Apr 13, 2020
grin

So called Doctor of Divinity!

Holy Spirit, where are thou?
Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by Hobowobo(f): 7:20am On Apr 13, 2020
Re: 5G Controversy: Oyakhilome Makes U-turn, Cites Health Risks by Ekakamba: 7:40am On Apr 13, 2020

Can you imagine?

Watch how those who supported his conspiracy theory make a bigger YOU turn. grin tongue

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: Why China Cannot Complicate Nigeria’s Situation / 12 Of 14 Lagos Covid-19 Deaths Occurred In Private Hospitals – Prof. Abayomi / BREAKING: Another WHO Official In Bauchi Tests Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.