Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,775 members, 7,802,382 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree (69379 Views)

HOT!!! Lucrative Careers Highly Sought For In UK, US, Canada / 9 Jobs That Don’t Require A University Degree / 4 Online Careers You Can Pursue From Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by peteruuu(m): 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
Chimonie:
Thanks for the info.

I am interested in no.3 Diagnostic Medical Sonographer

How can one go about achieving this? Any school to enrol?

Me too, please.
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Stricklybidness(m): 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
autologic:
This list is not completed if u don't include
Automotive service tech not the kazeem type o .
You don't need to acquire any licence to start as obtainable in saner climes however u must be above average intellectually to really blow ( most people don't know this cool ) .
if you good ,nothing stopping u from raking huge ROI and based on huge population of vehicles on our various road ,you sure cannot run out of work .
However ,this days the profession is tilting towards sciences , electrical and computer side rather than mechanical in recent time considering the high technological explosion ( nanotech,AI,IT etc) that is happening in the field lately and will require smart educated science to do exploits unlike the period that it is a priofession exclusively reserved for the never- do- well- dropout of the society .
To sum it up , late-models cars are literally "computers-on -wheel" if u know what I mean.
Are you in the auto business? I did like to ask you some certain question... If you don't mind...
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Stricklybidness(m): 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
chuksme:

I am very interested in this Auto service Tech
Same here... I need to ask him some questions sha...
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by autologic: 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Stricklybidness:

Are you in the auto business? I did like to ask you some certain question... If you don't mind...
You can shoot your question .
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by autologic: 7:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
Stricklybidness:

Same here... I need to ask him some questions sha...
you can go ahead to ask you question or you guys can create separate thread for that to make it more interesting .
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by IamHonourable1: 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
PalmOilDealer:
Commercial Pilot should be number one on that list. Though a lot of people do not know, a university degree is not required to be a pilot.
Its a lie.You need to spend 4 years in aviation school before you become a pilot and and that's equivalent to a degree
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Antichristus: 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Daddy GO requires no degree. In fact, to alter your ego with an added title of Pastor, you’re awarded an online honorary doctoral degree. That way you become the Most Reverend Dr Pampam.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Stricklybidness(m): 7:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
[quote author=autologic post=88408305] you can go ahead to ask you question or you guys can create separate thread for that to make it more interesting .[/quote please say hi to me on whatapp-07061221512
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Stricklybidness(m): 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
autologic:

You can shoot your question .
Let's talk on whatzapp... Tats if you don't mind. ..
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by autologic: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
Stricklybidness:

Let's talk on whatzapp... Tats if you don't mind. ..
Check my contact no on my signature
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by deyongprof01: 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
And no one has mentioned Multilevel Marketing
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Adasun(m): 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
tspun:
And how come u forgot to add Photography/cinematography, one of the only modern day career that can fetch u millions in a month, yeah I said millions in just one month.
how tspun, Hw do u learn dis skill and make dough
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Comedian2019: 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2020
GIDIBANKZ:
Congratulations to those that donated to Federal Government, I want to announce to you that your burnt offerings have reach heaven as the Accountant General has now officially become your Chief Priest

grin cool cheesy
No kill person wt laugh abeg. grin
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by 66spirit(m): 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
GIDIBANKZ:
Congratulations to those that donated to Federal Government, I want to announce to you that your burnt offerings have reach heaven as the Accountant General has now officially become your Chief Priest

grin cool cheesy
oh my oh
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
Explorers:

You're right, but people are not taking that path because it cost MILLIONS of Naira, thousands of flights hours and years to be certified Commercial Pilot/Captain.

Had the dream but gave up.

Same here. It was my first dream.

It is too expensive, and it takes forever, to get there.

Even when I was boxing, my hope was to raise enough money to pursue that dream, but my mom made sure that I never became a professional boxer.
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by kokakola: 9:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
guru90:

ok. Too far...
Kindly start with the website I posted.
Thank you.
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by iFukSimplyleo: 9:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
How about online trolling?

I know of one illiterate who lives comfortably from trolling on social media. grin

Though he appears to be suffering from kwashiorkor. grin
[/s]
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Cousin9999: 9:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ultrasound techs and pharmacy techs both need degrees and licensure.
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Cousin9999: 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
There's a lot of bad information in here, and it's encouraging illegal, unethical, and dangerous behavior.
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by mizzyoma(f): 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

https://patrickokunima.com/5-lucrative-careers-you-can-excel-in-that-do-not-require-a-degree/

Practicing medical sonography without being certified and licenced is *quackery* and if caught you will definitely face the rotten part of the law. This is human life we are talking about here
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Activedreamer: 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
ClintonNzedimma:

No bro. You don’t need a degree. Just go to a boot camp pay a couple of thousands of dollars for 3 months and boom you can work as a junior developer. Well I am a Lead Software Developer at a small startup and I don’t have a degree yet.
Please,how challenging? How much did you pay,and what's the range of what you make now? Did it take long before you got the job?

I'm looking for what to study
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Activedreamer: 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
ClintonNzedimma:

No bro. You don’t need a degree. Just go to a boot camp pay a couple of thousands of dollars for 3 months and boom you can work as a junior developer. Well I am a Lead Software Developer at a small startup and I don’t have a degree yet.
Oh..thought you were in the US since you mentioned dollars. My bad
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
Activedreamer:

Oh..thought you were in the US since you mentioned dollars. My bad
No I am in Nigeria
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
Activedreamer:

Please,how challenging? How much did you pay,and what's the range of what you make now? Did it take long before you got the job?

I'm looking for what to study
I am a self taught coder. I have never been to the US. I was just making a case for how one can become a software developer which is in the white collar job category or even way better without having a degree. There are tons of resources out there for one to learn how to code. This pandemic period can be used wisely
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Activedreamer: 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
ClintonNzedimma:

I am a self taught coder. I have never been to the US. I was just making a case for how one can become a software developer which is in the white collar job category or even way better without having a degree. There are tons of resources out there for one to learn how to code. This pandemic period can be used wisely

Thanks. All the best,bro
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
ClintonNzedimma:

Do you ever think that the number of software engineers would be more than the available jobs.
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by onlyforchrist: 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
akigbemaru:

You mean cable technician or CCNA?
If it is cable technician, no.
If it is CCNA, yes!
Cable Technician, you will be paid as a 1099 and not W2. The thing about it is, no benefit, what you work for is what you pay for.

Hmm, thanks for the info bro
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Do you ever think that the number of software engineers would be more than the available jobs.
At some point I think so. Remember what andela did last year but I think there’s always gonna be a shortage of World class software engineers. I personally have a very very long way to go.
But the demand for software is rising exponentially so software engineering is gonna be lucrative especially this decade
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:51pm On Apr 13, 2020
ClintonNzedimma:

At some point I think so. Remember what andela did last year but I think there’s always gonna be a shortage of World class software engineers. I personally have a very very long way to go.
I hate Nigerian firms. I started learning myself. How can one reach the levels of those Russians and Americans?
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

I hate Nigerian firms. I started learning myself. How can one reach the levels of those Russians and Americans?
Well by starting from Nigerian firms.lol
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by hollas2jnr(m): 12:26am On Apr 14, 2020
Avast:

Are you into this?
Yes i am
Re: 5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 14, 2020
ClintonNzedimma:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / Yoghurt Seller Shares Humble Beginning, Wows Many With Transformation (video) / Chicken Republic Sacks Staff For Dancing On Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.