Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? (1640 Views)

If You Find Out That Your Husband Is Impotent After Marriage, What Will You Do? / Girl: My Ex Is Trapped In A Loveless Marriage. What Can I Do? / Ladies, Name That Thing Men Wear Which You Don't Like. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Olutola88(m): 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
For me, 1. It is a beautiful thing when done with the right person

2. I think it is not meant for everyone.
Some people can never stay married because they do not have what it takes.

What do you think about marriage?
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by youngest85(m): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
I think it's not necessary

3 Likes

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Olutola88(m): 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
youngest85:
I think it's not necessary
You should have reasons
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2020
Not everyone will marry cause some people are destined to stay single angry

2 Likes

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by AfroKnight: 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
Naija babes are not making the idea interesting, to be honest.

Baby mama arrangement looks more interesting.

3 Likes

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Olutola88(m): 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
AfroKnight:

hmmm
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Lamanii22(f): 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
It's not a thing to me... It's very important and it's sweeter when you're with the right person....
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Tozic: 2:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
Lamanii22:
It's not a thing to me... It's very important and it's sweeter when you're with the right person....
Make sure it isn't coupled with desperation...

1 Like

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Chuknovski(m): 2:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
Marriage is a blessing, designed by God himself, its a cure for foknication, macsturbaction I.e when the both of you are close to Jesus
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by NevetsIbot(m): 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
I'm hon get married eventually.... But this will be the number one rule "If I smell you're not in love with me anymore or making life really really really miserable for me, I'm gon divorce you"

That's just what it is... If we ain't making each other happy, why live together. I see many miserable parents who stay in toxic marriages all cos they have children. Emi- someone can not kill me because we have children together.

Children without parents have made it
Children with single mothers have made it.
Children with parents have made it too.

I'll do my best as a father and a husband though. Marriage should be enjoyable if you marry a sensible persom

5 Likes

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Goddys(m): 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
Olutola88:
For me, 1. It is a beautiful thing when done with the right person

2. I think it is not meant for everyone.
Some people can never stay married because they do not have what it takes.

What do you think about marriage?

It is a social contraption to cage men. It traps men to one woman, creates enormous responsibility of providing for the woman and causes men to die untimely due to stress.

If you want love, get a dog as a pet.
If you want sex, get a woman as a sexmate.
If you want a child, get a woman as a babymama.
If you want to be caged and lose your peace, get a wife

6 Likes

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by sirblend: 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
Goddys:

It is a social contraption to cage men. It traps men to one woman, creates enormous responsibility of providing for the woman and causes men to die untimely due to stress.

For real!?
My brain is rumbling with your comment. I am trying to put a meaning to it.
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Ibechris2: 3:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
I regret not seeing my wife earlier. She was 30 and I was 31 when we got married.I am 11months older than my wife.

Marriage is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life.

I remember one day my wife said to me, we need to quarrel at least for one day let her know what it means for husband and wife to quarrel looks like.

I jokingly said,not in my house.

It is absolute beautiful when u marry ur heart desire. Pls avoid baby mama. Is a wrong approach to marry or get children. Very,very wrong.

5 Likes

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Bliss955(m): 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ibechris2:
I regret not seeing my wife earlier. She was 30 and I was 31 when we got married.I am 11months older than my wife.

Marriage is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life.

I remember one day my wife said to me, we need to quarrel at least for one day let her know what it means for husband and wife to quarrel looks like.

I jokingly said,not in my house.

It is absolute beautiful when u marry ur heart desire. Pls avoid baby mama. Is a wrong approach to marry or get children. Very,very wrong.
Wow, lovely. How long have you been married for sir?

2 Likes

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Lamanii22(f): 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
Tozic:

Make sure it isn't coupled with desperation...

Okay... Thank you
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Albertone(m): 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
AfroKnight:

Do you think it pays for the man?
I feel the woman will have custody of the child even though you're allowed to visit.The woman will most likely reap the fruit of the labour since the child is closer to the mother.What if the man gets broke and can't afford child support?

If you feel I'm getting it all wrong,you can do well to explain to me.I want to learn

1 Like

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Ibechris2: 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
Bliss955:
Wow, lovely. How long have you been married for sir?

5 years.
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Albertone(m): 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
NevetsIbot:
I'm hon get married eventually.... But this will be the number one rule "If I smell you're not in love with me anymore or making life really really really miserable for me, I'm gon divorce you"

That's just what it is... If we ain't making each other happy, why live together. I see many miserable parents who stay in toxic marriages all cos they have children. Emi- someone can not kill me because we have children together.

Children without parents have made it
Children with single mothers have made it.
Children with parents have made it too.

I'll do my best as a father and a husband though. Marriage should be enjoyable if you marry a sensible persom
In many western countries,US,UK and canada inclusive.You as a man will run at a huge loss in the eventuality of a divorce.

Your property,fiam!You go pay child support tire.You will be limited as to when you can see your child as you might not be granted custody of the child.You will be given a particular radius to which you must not go near your ex wife.All these will affect one psychologically and emotionally except you don't live overseas

2 Likes

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by AfroKnight: 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2020
Albertone:
Do you think it pays for the man?
I feel the woman will have custody of the child even though you're allowed to visit.The woman will most likely reap the fruit of the labour since the child is closer to the mother.What if the man gets broke and can't afford child support?

If you feel I'm getting it all wrong,you can do well to explain to me.I want to learn

Everything you said can happen even if he marries her. It’s even worse when they’re married and the wife becomes his enemy. She can make his children see him as a monster.

Divorcing her will only be mild on him in Nigeria. But if they live abroad, he would regret both the marriage and the divorce. Babymama arrangement saves him the stress of having to live with a woman who doesn’t believe a man should have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Albertone(m): 5:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
AfroKnight:

Everything you said can happen even if he marries her. It’s even worse when they’re married and the wife becomes his enemy. She can make his children see him as a monster.

Divorcing her will only be mild on him in Nigeria. But if they live abroad, he would regret both the marriage and the divorce. Babymama arrangement saves him the stress of having to live with a woman who doesn’t believe a man should have peace of mind.
That's true tho.

But no matter what,a man still needs a woman with him
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Not everyone will marry cause some people are destined to stay single angry

It is wrong to chose celibate without chaste
If you know you wants to remain single, then be prepared to overcome getting into sexual activities.

Celibacy and Chastity works
Not all celibate are chaste
And not all chaste are celibate.
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by ednut1(m): 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
Olutola u still dey nairaland lol. To me it is a gamble. Who you marry may be pretending or jjst desperate to marry. Then life issue too can come up e.g jobless, business failure, sicknesses, injury, prodigal child etc that may make the whole thing a mess. Peace of mind in this life is key.
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by DeHill(m): 6:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
U are far from the TRUTH.
Goddys:

Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by NevetsIbot(m): 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
Albertone:
In many western countries,US,UK and canada inclusive.You as a man will run at a huge loss in the eventuality of a divorce.

Your property,fiam!You go pay child support tire.You will be limited as to when you can see your child as you might not be granted custody of the child.You will be given a particular radius to which you must not go near your ex wife.All these will affect one psychologically and emotionally except you don't live overseas

Oh.. I know about their policies there. Well.. I'll probably not get married until I find someone I'll be willing to really tolerate for a long long time that's if I'm there by that time.
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Olutola88(m): 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
ednut1:
Olutola u still dey nairaland lol. To me it is a gamble. Who you marry may be pretending or jjst desperate to marry. Then life issue too can come up e.g jobless, business failure, sicknesses, injury, prodigal child etc that may make the whole thing a mess. Peace of mind in this life is key.
Ednut my man. I still dey here bro, just on a lowkey. Marriage is a Gamble, hmmmm
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Grandamante: 7:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
Marriage is an institution. Like other institutions(schools, churches, work place etc), it is not a place for enjoyments-hunting and fun-hunting. People of this generation think marriage is an avenue for fun and enjoyment. Nope, marriage is an institution of duty and work to further and enhance the human race. This is why the divorce rate is higher nowadays. Marriages are entered with the wrong reasons and expectations. Marriage is the only institution u freely choose who u work with. Yet, it has the highest dissolutions. The masses always make wrong choices. Children should be born in a functional family for their emotional well-being.

Left to me, any unmarried person should not hold any public post. If u cannot carry out ur primary duty of furthering and enhancing the human race, u should not be allowed to do any other secondary duties. Any person promoting anti- marriage should be imprisoned. He/she is a threat to the human race.

This is my thought.
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Bliss955(m): 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ibechris2:

5 years.
dats lovely. do u mind sharing son tips wit d house
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by GreatResearcher1: 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
Marriage is scam.
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Olutola88(m): 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
Grandamante:
Marriage is an institution. Like other institutions(schools, churches, work place etc), it is not a place for enjoyments-hunting and fun-hunting. People of this generation think marriage is an avenue for fun and enjoyment. Nope, marriage is an institution of duty and work to further and enhance the human race. This is why the divorce rate is higher nowadays. Marriages are entered with the wrong reasons and expectations. Marriage is the only institution u freely choose who u work with. Yet, it has the highest dissolutions. The masses always make wrong choices. Children should be born in a functional family for their emotional well-being.

Left to me, any unmarried person should not hold any public post. If u cannot carry out ur primary duty of furthering and enhancing the human race, u should not be allowed to do any other secondary duties. Any person promoting anti- marriage should be imprisoned. He/she is a threat to the human race.

This is my thought.
I really love the way you started but...
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Bliss955(m): 9:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ibechris2:

5 years.
dats lovely. do u mind sharing some tips
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
I think marriage is honorable
It is the only Union instituted by The Most High God

Marriage is blissful when established on Holy grounds especially when Christ is the foundation.

I think I'll have the best marriage.
Re: That Thing Called Marriage; What Are Your Thoughts? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
Chai. Women wahala too much oo.

I go marry
Make I toss coin...

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Nigerian Guys Reports Demselves Afta Girl Threatens 2 Drop Their Unclad Videos / I Think My / "Your Vagina Has Odour" — Client Tells Slay Queen (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.