Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

The Lockdown Isnt Working And Should Be Scrapped - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lockdown Isnt Working And Should Be Scrapped (469 Views)

Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated / Which Federal Agencies Deserve To Be Scrapped? / Constitution Review: Senate Should Be Scrapped - Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lockdown Isnt Working And Should Be Scrapped by CodeTemplar: 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
I want to call for the scrapping of the lockdown.

My Reasons:
1. Nigeria as a country isn't ready for such a move because most of the people who aren't employed by the government depend on daily income for survival. The woman who sells roasted plantain, the tricycle driver, Motorcycle riders, the Bus drivers, Phone repairers, Business center operators, Market traders, and even a lot of low salary earners will find it impossible to adjust and starve as a result of this.

2. The lockdown isn't checking the spread of the virus given the new spread of the virus to northern states and South southern states of recent. Record shows that the lockdown is only capable of slowing spread rate but incapable of stopping it.

3. Absence of reasonable palliative from govt.
The cash transfer so far has not affected or gotten to the people most affected by the lockdown. Those getting the cash are the rural dweller who have been living on lockdown mode even before the plague. The people whose livelihood were affected aren't in the database of poor Nigerians the FG is parading. I must say that the compilation was done on a neighborhood basis and therefore a lot of slums in major cities weren't captured.

4. The lack of technological drive to produce important wares for containing the plague. We lack the expertise required to improve our testing rate of the plague and it seems the few foreign experts in our industries have returned to their nations for better safety.

5. The lockdown is being defiled already. News coming out shows that people are still moving and spreading the virus.

With these points, I believe ending the lockdown is inevitable. Anything outside that is tantamount to postponement of the disappearance of the virus.

1 Like

Re: The Lockdown Isnt Working And Should Be Scrapped by baralatie(m): 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
at least by the end of may if we have 2000000 covid 19 infections and mounting is a good idea

1 Like

Re: The Lockdown Isnt Working And Should Be Scrapped by SocialJustice: 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
Op, ignorance will not kill you. I pray for you to receive sense. You better start preparing your mind to be in lock down until the Pandemic ends even if it takes 6 more months.
Re: The Lockdown Isnt Working And Should Be Scrapped by NwaNimo1(m): 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
Lol.....
Re: The Lockdown Isnt Working And Should Be Scrapped by CodeTemplar: 8:04am On Apr 15, 2020
SocialJustice:
Op, ignorance will not kill you. I pray for you to receive sense. You better start preparing your mind to be in lock down until the Pandemic ends even if it takes 6 more months.
Your account balance green well well abi. If it must remain let FG and state govts do a proper cash transfer.
Re: The Lockdown Isnt Working And Should Be Scrapped by CodeTemplar: 4:15am On May 17, 2020
I am feeling like genius, prophet, & scientist all rolled in one . . .
Re: The Lockdown Isnt Working And Should Be Scrapped by Jahzrockballer(m): 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:
I am feeling like genius, prophet, & scientist all rolled in one . . .
I feel you, lol

1 Like

Re: The Lockdown Isnt Working And Should Be Scrapped by CodeTemplar: 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2020
Was there ever a lockdown . . . ?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Governments: Are They Foolish, Wicked Or just Stupid? / COVID-19: Kogi Govt Reacts To NCDC Director General On N'o Case Status' / Controversial Bill Empowers FG To Convert Properties To Isolation Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.