Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Read Full Text Of President Buhari Broadcast On April 13th As He Extends Lockdow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read Full Text Of President Buhari Broadcast On April 13th As He Extends Lockdow (153 Views)

Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow / Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Broadcast Contempt Of Court / Pres. Buhari Broadcast Speech To The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Read Full Text Of President Buhari Broadcast On April 13th As He Extends Lockdow by Fidwon: 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has extended the coronavirus lockdown in Lagos, Ogun and the FCT by another 14 days.

Full text of Speech:

ADDRESS BY H.E. MUHAMMADU BUHARI, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA ON THE EXTENSION OF COVID- 19 PANDEMIC LOCKDOWN AT THE STATE HOUSE, ABUJA

MONDAY, 13TH APRIL, 2020

1. Fellow Nigerians

2. In my address on Sunday, 29th March, 2020, I asked the residents of Lagos and Ogun States as well as the Federal Capital Territory to stay at home for an initial period of fourteen days starting from Monday, 30th March 2020.

3. Many State Governments also introduced similar restrictions.

4. As your democratically elected leaders, we made this very difficult decision knowing fully well it will severely disrupt your livelihoods and bring undue hardship to you, your loved ones and your communities.

5. However, such sacrifices are needed to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our country. They were necessary to save lives.

6. Our objective was, and still remains, to contain the spread of the Coronavirus and to provide space, time and resources for an aggressive and collective action.

7. The level of compliance to the COVID-19 guidelines issued has been generally good across the country. I wish to thank you all most sincerely for the great sacrifice you are making for each other at this critical time.

8. I will take this opportunity to recognise the massive support from our traditional rulers, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) during this pandemic.

9. I also acknowledge the support and contributions received from public spirited individuals, the business community and our international partners and friends.

CLICK THE LINK TO READ THE FULL SPEECH

https://bestxplorer.com.ng/2020/04/read-full-text-president-buhari-broadcast-april-13th-extends-lockdown.html/

Re: Read Full Text Of President Buhari Broadcast On April 13th As He Extends Lockdow by Mynd44: 7:46pm On Apr 13, 2020

(1)

Full Speech Of President Muhammadu Buhari / Buhari Extends Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja By 2 Weeks, FG To Assist 1million More H / Covid-19: Lockdown Security Risk Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.