Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal (53865 Views)

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story / Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by ubcandid(m): 6:21am On Apr 14, 2020
IyaTola:
Someone we referred to as our uncle was in the position to help me get a government job after my NYSC in 2009.
My child was 2+ and I desperately needed the job
His undergrad daughter got it
I was hurt but resolved not to depend on anyone anymore

Real situations will always reveal fake people, all you need to do is pay attention.

Dear Fellow Nigerians

Come 2023 politicians will come begging for our votes. Pls ask them

During Covid-19 lockdown did you do vigilante with me?

Did you give me food or money?

Did Nepa bring 24hrs electricity?

If the answer is yes then vote for them. #LagosUrest

you can't blame him in this case, you would do same.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by ubcandid(m): 6:24am On Apr 14, 2020
zionmde:
Had a friend in school, were so close to each other, people will call us brothers. I had a major breakdown just after service, me being someone that hardly ask help from people because of my growing up experience. He was d only one I had to run to. he promised to call me back, but after 2 days he never did, he also refused to pick my calls. I knew how hunger handled my life dat period but I was most broken because of d fact that someone I called a brother could turn his back on me so easily
that experience alone made me learn never to depend on anyone.

fast forward to some years later, he contacted me pretending he didn't know wat happened, I poured everything to his face, forgave him and moved on

do you know what he himself was passing through? The fact you see people in fancy, doesn't mean their pocket is sooo rich.

69 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Ibechris2: 6:32am On Apr 14, 2020
Pascopele:
Immediately after the burial, a friend of mine that I trust so much on nairaland came to me that he needed help.

He needed 600K to tie up a business deal that his life and future depends on it. He promised to bring back the money in 2 months. I explained my financial situation to him and how its expensive to do burial in our tradition and all that.

But being who I am, I wouldn't want a friend to pass up an opportunity so I approached my elder brother who in turn called a friend to lend me the money because my elder. My elder bro trust me with all he is got.

While collecting the 600K, I told them I will repay in two months time instead of the one month my friend told me.

One month elapsed and he didn't bring the money, I gave him grace of another two weeks hoping I will meet up with. The time I gave my elder bro and his friend.

One month elapsed and my dear friend behaved as if I am putting unnecessary pressure on him, saying ," Pasco, you chill na, I go arrange the bar give you, just exercise some patient a little longer", I don't like reneging on my words so I looked for someone on nairaland who borrowed me 600K in exchange for my 8 months salary starting from August last year to March

Those 8 months are the toughest period of my life. I was grieving my dad and couldn't support my mom the way I wanted to and couldn't explain it to anyone. Not even my elder bro knew what happened.

I swallowed it like man and was barely surviving for those 8 months.

I was Betrayed and he is still owing me.

I no swear o! But e go hard for me to stick my neck out for another like that and I learnt.

Lesson: Love all trust none. I don't borrow people money again. I give up on helping people. I swear but we move ✌️

U could have had him write u a chque/check...with that police would be involve and before u know jail straight.

Sorry brother.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by bestabigaelever(f): 6:54am On Apr 14, 2020
An enemy disguise as friend asked me about someone personal, I opened up to her
I never knew she was recording, she went to tell the person and told the person what I didn't say, telling him she couldn't record all the conversations....that shit changed my life forever
I can't heal from that but I will make sure I destroy temitope

Modified
This is for people in my MT and even on whatsapp asking me to let go
This is what Temitope did
She saw me with a man that I was seeking some favours from, the man doesn't even notice me and I was frustrated (this favour will actually change my life)
Temitope saw me collecting the man's number and even saw the attitude the man was giving me, she then asked me what's up I explained to her how this man has been giving me attitude and I need help from him, she advised that I should give the man youghut whenever I'm going to see him...Only for the man to call me 2days later and told me have been tarnishing his image and vow never to help me....then someone sent me the recordings Tope made, it was only both of us on the street, in fact the person that passed us by that I greeted, everything is on the record

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by seanwilliam(m): 7:04am On Apr 14, 2020
Hhmm, dont know If we can call this betrayal sha.
Well my first salary ever after I finished my ND, was handed over to my sister.. as in she was in financial mess, so I had to lend her the WHOLE FIRST SALARY.. she swear and promised to return it the following month... it is not that I had enough when I lent her , but I could not stand the shame and mess she was facing..

My people, she didnt pay this money back oo, after 6 month , my dad later roughly settle the money ... I couldn't do what I wanted with the money on time and that made me lose some opportunities..that thing pain me gan... as in my first salary oo..
I love her though but i can never do that again for anybody no matter how close except my mum( the reason I fit do that for my mum self was because of what she did some years back.. she sold her land to save me from ' SHAME and STIGMA ').

Second one was when I dey school, I invited a girl from oou, and I don follow my guyman reason say I go use him room ooo.. the girl don reach park, na him my guy travel go lagos.. grin he later told me he had something urgent to attend to.. mehn I just weak grin

Another was the day I booked hotel , waiting for one girl like dis.. as in I wait wait wait, I don drink action bitter tire.. she tell me say she don dey road oo and true true I could hear noises in the background.. my people gbam, naso her phone offf( maybe she did that intentionally) .. oboy , I tried mastubating, cum no come atall .. I was disappointed and curse her and the cum...

Last I could remember was still when I dey school, my roommate don already told me say e don cook ( we had nothing to eat, I was having lecture that morning and he was at home).. I asked him where he got money and he said he go tell me later.. bros , come see as I dey shine teeth for class..

Well when i reach house, he don go school base on say na afternoon lecture he get..oboy na so I meet him friend for house( that my room mate had a friend who no dey go class , I no no how he take graduate grin).. and I know the kind of person this guy is oo, he no dey shame for food.. when I greet am, na the pot my mind go straight... haha.

Las las I was right .. I open the pot and alas...
.... grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by chinchonglee(m): 7:14am On Apr 14, 2020
QuinModah:
People will betray you, you can't escape it. What is more important is that you come out Better

Have you being betrayed before? Share your story, you might heal

Use share so others can learn

While I was working for a company. I got diagnosed of a kidney infection and was admitted in the hospital for two weeks. I was staying with my father’s elder sister at the time because my parents were here in Abuja

Two weeks of constant drugs,drips and injections on my *you know* and guess what, my aunt and her family never came to visit for one day. My friends(even tho I didn’t have a lot of them) were to busy to come see me. No company representative to pay me a visit.

Everyday I would walk to the little store close to the hospital to buy biscuits and yoghurt because no one would bring them to me.

Betrayal hurts so bad because it never comes from strangers but those of your household.

This is why I recommend people live like they are alone on this planet. Have zero expectations. Any human can become anything at anytime.When u expect so much from people, betrayal is inevitable. Live ur life without expectations.
it doesnt matter who betrayed you here, what matters most is ur health.

Hope the kidney infection is gone and u re fine now?

10 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by IyaTola: 7:22am On Apr 14, 2020
ubcandid:

you can't blame him in this case, you would do same.
I would not do such because I have paid my dues with the kids and his family.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by IyaTola: 7:25am On Apr 14, 2020
bestabigaelever:
An enemy disguise as friend ask me about someone personal, I open up to her
I never knew she was recording, she went to the person and told the person what I didn't say, telling him she couldn't record all the conversations....that shit changed my life forever
I can't heal from that but I will make sure I destroy temitope
I had similar experience in a place I worked. I learnt my lessons. Never knew she was recoding everything all this while.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by zionmde: 7:37am On Apr 14, 2020
ubcandid:

do you know what he himself was passing through. The fact you see people in fancy, doesn't mean their pocket is sooo rich.
He knows me very well, for a brother he was at that time, he could have told me he didn't have, even though I knew that he could have done at least a little, at dat time #100 could feed me for 2 days. but I was willing to understand if he told me he didn't have.
Anyway after dat incident, I developed dat mentality dat nobody on earth owes me anything.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by partnerinbiz3: 8:06am On Apr 14, 2020
Betrayal is real. life is a risk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by bestabigaelever(f): 8:51am On Apr 14, 2020
IyaTola:
I had similar experience in a place I worked. I learnt my lessons. Never knew she was recoding everything all this while.
Ha, people are wicked but me I don't forgive that kind betrayal o, even if the person beg from now till tomorrow....that is wickedness
I will use whatever is in my power to destroy the person's life

9 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by bestabigaelever(f): 8:54am On Apr 14, 2020
seanwilliam:
Hhmm, dont know If we can call this betrayal sha.
Well my first salary ever after I finished my ND, was handed over to my sister.. as in she was in financial mess, so I had to lend her the WHOLE FIRST SALARY.. she swear and promised to return it the following month... it is not that I had enough when I lent her , but I could not stand the shame and mess she was facing..

My people, she didnt pay this money back oo, after 6 month , my dad later roughly settle the money ... I couldn't do what I wanted with the money on time and that made me lose some opportunities..that thing pain me gan... as in my first salary oo..
I love her though but i can never do that again for anybody no matter how close except my mum( the reason I fit do that for my mum self was because of what she did some years back.. she sold her land to save me from ' SHAME and STIGMA ').

Second one was when I dey school, I invited a girl from oou, and I don follow my guyman reason say I go use him room ooo.. the girl don reach park, na him my guy travel go lagos.. grin he later told me he had something urgent to attend to.. mehn I just weak grin

Another was the day I booked hotel , waiting for one girl like dis.. as in I wait wait wait, I don drink action bitter tire.. she tell me say she don dey road oo and true true I could hear noises in the background.. my people gbam, naso her phone offf( maybe she did that intentionally) .. oboy , I tried mastubating, cum no come atall .. I was disappointed and curse her and the cum...

Last I could remember was still when I dey school, my roommate don already told me say e don cook ( we had nothing to eat, I was having lecture that morning and he was at home).. I asked him where he got money and he said he go tell me later.. bros , come see as I dey shine teeth for class..

Well when i reach house, he don go school base on say na afternoon lecture he get..oboy na so I meet him friend for house( that my room mate had a friend who no dey go class , I no no how he take graduate grin).. and I know the kind of person this guy is oo, he no dey shame for food.. when I greet am, na the pot my mind go straight... haha.

Las las I was right .. I open the pot and alas...
.... grin
Most of the betrayals here are girls related
And the food own is funny... Lol

15 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by CharlesCLloyd(m): 9:28am On Apr 14, 2020
We have all been betrayed by buhari oo

11 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 14, 2020
cry

Mine was when I told a friend that my ex works in Chevron and the next thing, she said she was going to call him. I was shocked like... What for? She said for a job. Hm.. I told her not to but she replied " shey he's my friend on Facebook ? I'll chat him up". My heart sank. and to think I confronted this lady some months back about her being on my exs' friend list and she denied it; saying she doesn't know anyone by that profile. Now boldly telling me she'll call him.

So after I broke up with him, she came and started telling me to move on. That I should forget about him and all that trash.
That was how I cut her off. Though she still tries to connect but I stylishly avoid her.

As a result, I've been a one man mopo ever since. Don't have any friends.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 14, 2020
cry
I was betrayed by that broccoli in aso rock.
Naira is not equal to the dollar.

15 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2020
Eulalia:
cry
Out with the sob story already grin
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by babyfaceafrica: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2020
Nansense question.. Who has not been betrayed before?.. Even Jesus was betrayed!!.. And I am not sharing any story

6 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TruthMafia: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2020
Aa
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by DropsMic(m): 9:31am On Apr 14, 2020
Ll
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 14, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
Went to my favourite spot to spoil my self only for them to tell me they had ran out of Guinness stout and Marlboro. Knowing fully well I will always check-in at 2.00am. I felt pained, hurt and betrayed. Almost had an accident driving back home. It was like my world was crashing right in front of me.

I couldn't imagine drinking somewhere else.
grin grin grin I feel you jare brother. Non drinkers won’t understand.

Like you know I patronize your bar everyday at a certain time. Why can’t you just prepare or reserve my favorite drink for me??

You will rather give the last one to a less loyal customer who doesn’t love your joint like I do. E Dey pain jare.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Shuggaa: 9:32am On Apr 14, 2020
Stabbed many times,but we move.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by ngwababe(f): 9:32am On Apr 14, 2020
OBelz:
It was my birthday so I had a few friends around.

So I used the opportunity to introduce my best friend (she was my padi to the bone marrow) to my fiancé (now ex). She was so happy to meet him and I felt good because she had always wanted to meet with him. The party ended well and we all went home.

But after few days, kept getting calls and messages from this friend asking if I really want to settle down with this man. I wondered why she was really concerned and asking. So I asked her what is it that she isn’t telling me.

She said to me “Nothing was wrong”, I said, "are you sure?" She replied yes, she wants the best for me and she was just looking out for me. I didn’t bother asking again.

One very hot afternoon, my man(now ex) were together and he decided to tell and show me everything my supposed "best friend” said/wrote to him.

Firstly I was surprised how she got his number and I was so devastated.She told him I was no good for him because my family had issues and he would want that for him self.

Well I was flabbergasted to say the least now though �

The worst kind of hurt is betrayal, because it means that someone will willing to hurt you just to make themselves feel better.

Ever been betrayed? Tell us what happened and let's learn.

Ladies never introduce your friends to your man either ex, present or future.

I blame the men on this one. I've had the experience sis.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Dididrumz(m): 9:32am On Apr 14, 2020
Yes ohhhh
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Budline1(m): 9:32am On Apr 14, 2020
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by jericco1(m): 9:34am On Apr 14, 2020
My ex had sex with a one eyed nigga, greatest betrayal ever. Nigga she told me was just someone she admired. Never knew the writing on the wall was that visible angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Cchuks27(m): 9:35am On Apr 14, 2020
But really why are Nigerians/Nairalanders always unserious? Someone asks a legit question, instead of people contributing significantly they start joking about it. Sometimes, I honestly prefer browsing Reddit because there, people will share their heartfelt experiences and you will learn a lot. Personally, I cannot remember when last I opened a meaningful thread on nairaland and learnt something without some f00ls derailing it and ultimately sabotaging the thread.

Back to your question, last night, someone special to me sold me out. Like I don't even have a problem with that but at least the person should have told me what they did instead of leaving me to my faith and hanging. It was a souring feeling I tell you.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Amiaraking(m): 9:35am On Apr 14, 2020
I was betrayed the day Buhari emerged as the Nigerian president.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by SexytorresE(f): 9:36am On Apr 14, 2020
Can’t type

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / I Can’t Bear My Husband’s Strong Sexual Urge: Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.