Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal (53792 Views)

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story / Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Starboytwo(m): 9:36am On Apr 14, 2020
To the best of my knowledge I have never been betrayed nor betrayed anyone...

I don't think I can ever betray someone... If you are my G, then I'm fiercely loyal...

13 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 14, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
Went to my favourite spot to spoil my self only for them to tell me they had ran out of Guinness stout and Marlboro. Knowing fully well I will always check-in at 2.00am. I felt pained, hurt and betrayed. Almost had an accident driving back home. It was like my world was crashing right in front of me.

I couldn't imagine drinking somewhere else.
Corona Don dey affect this one
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 14, 2020
G
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Fidelismaria: 9:38am On Apr 14, 2020
The only betrayal that pains me is that of MONEY

Like why hin go dey finish

Why can't MONEY stay with me forever

MONEY is a serial cheater

MONEY bikonu stop betraying me oooo

I need you

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by SweetCunt97(f): 9:39am On Apr 14, 2020
Yes I have but learnt early never to dwell on them. I don't trust people so I kinda know their moves before it's made... No surprises there.

I hardly get surprised by humans.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by olisaEze(m): 9:40am On Apr 14, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
Went to my favourite spot to spoil my self only for them to tell me they had ran out of Guinness stout and Marlboro. Knowing fully well I will always check-in at 2.00am. I felt pained, hurt and betrayed. Almost had an accident driving back home. It was like my world was crashing right in front of me.

I couldn't imagine drinking somewhere else.

Aswear u nid Jesus in a hurry! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 14, 2020
IyaTola:
Someone we referred to as our uncle was in the position to help me get a government job after my NYSC in 2009.
My child was 2+ and I desperately needed the job
His undergrad daughter got it
I was hurt but resolved not to depend on anyone anymore

Real situations will always reveal fake people, all you need to do is pay attention.

Dear Fellow Nigerians

Come 2023 politicians will come begging for our votes. Pls ask them

During Covid-19 lockdown did you do vigilante with me?

Did you give me food or money?

Did Nepa bring 24hrs electricity?

If the answer is yes then vote for them. #LagosUrest

So you expected him to give you a job over his own daughter?

31 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by ednut1(m): 9:40am On Apr 14, 2020
I always try to avoid giving people chance to betray me grin. Life has taught me alot. Humans will most times use you

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by PotatoSalad(m): 9:41am On Apr 14, 2020
I do things for people at my own free will now.
My igbo brothers will say abusi gbaa otule o muru ako

6 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by AlphikkaTech: 9:41am On Apr 14, 2020
Pascopele:
Immediately after the burial, a friend of mine that I trust so much on nairaland came to me that he needed help.

He needed 600K to tie up a business deal that his life and future depends on it. He promised to bring back the money in 2 months. I explained my financial situation to him and how its expensive to do burial in our tradition and all that.

But being who I am, I wouldn't want a friend to pass up an opportunity so I approached my elder brother who in turn called a friend to lend me the money because my elder. My elder bro trust me with all he is got.

While collecting the 600K, I told them I will repay in two months time instead of the one month my friend told me.

One month elapsed and he didn't bring the money, I gave him grace of another two weeks hoping I will meet up with. The time I gave my elder bro and his friend.

One month elapsed and my dear friend behaved as if I am putting unnecessary pressure on him, saying ," Pasco, you chill na, I go arrange the bar give you, just exercise some patient a little longer", I don't like reneging on my words so I looked for someone on nairaland who borrowed me 600K in exchange for my 8 months salary starting from August last year to March

Those 8 months are the toughest period of my life. I was grieving my dad and couldn't support my mom the way I wanted to and couldn't explain it to anyone. Not even my elder bro knew what happened.

I swallowed it like man and was barely surviving for those 8 months.

I was Betrayed and he is still owing me.

I no swear o! But e go hard for me to stick my neck out for another like that and I learnt.

Lesson: Love all trust none. I don't borrow people money again. I give up on helping people. I swear but we move ✌️

Never give up bro on helping people. People need help, we all need help. Just use the right principle.

Never borrow to anyone money you cannot let go.

When you borrow money to a friend, you either choose to let the money go and the relationship live on or the relationship go and get back your money.

NEVER BORROW MONEY THAT WILL BE PAINFUL TO LET GO OFF

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Dangrace01: 9:41am On Apr 14, 2020
seanwilliam:
Hhmm, dont know If we can call this betrayal sha.
Well my first salary ever after I finished my ND, was handed over to my sister.. as in she was in financial mess, so I had to lend her the WHOLE FIRST SALARY.. she swear and promised to return it the following month... it is not that I had enough when I lent her , but I could not stand the shame and mess she was facing..

My people, she didnt pay this money back oo, after 6 month , my dad later roughly settle the money ... I couldn't do what I wanted with the money on time and that made me lose some opportunities..that thing pain me gan... as in my first salary oo..
I love her though but i can never do that again for anybody no matter how close except my mum( the reason I fit do that for my mum self was because of what she did some years back.. she sold her land to save me from ' SHAME and STIGMA ').

Second one was when I dey school, I invited a girl from oou, and I don follow my guyman reason say I go use him room ooo.. the girl don reach park, na him my guy travel go lagos.. grin he later told me he had something urgent to attend to.. mehn I just weak grin

Another was the day I booked hotel , waiting for one girl like dis.. as in I wait wait wait, I don drink action bitter tire.. she tell me say she don dey road oo and true true I could hear noises in the background.. my people gbam, naso her phone offf( maybe she did that intentionally) .. oboy , I tried mastubating, cum no come atall .. I was disappointed and curse her and the cum...

Last I could remember was still when I dey school, my roommate don already told me say e don cook ( we had nothing to eat, I was having lecture that morning and he was at home).. I asked him where he got money and he said he go tell me later.. bros , come see as I dey shine teeth for class..

Well when i reach house, he don go school base on say na afternoon lecture he get..oboy na so I meet him friend for house( that my room mate had a friend who no dey go class , I no no how he take graduate grin).. and I know the kind of person this guy is oo, he no dey shame for food.. when I greet am, na the pot my mind go straight... haha.

Las las I was right .. I open the pot and alas...
.... grin

Your last paragraph grin

My guy no b betrayal na hunger bro.

I remember one of my roommate friend like that
One period wey money no dey at all, we just hustle small bar tidy small chow. As we wan chow this guy just show from no where say em must chow the chow. I swear I was mad that day the guy dey me tell me say if I like make I squeeze face say em must eat. I just laugh na school life

This your last paragraph just brought back memories I just dey laugh like mad man.

Even when I was in secondary School if I come back from school and no chow for house it's as if I should destroy the whole house.

15 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 14, 2020
QuinModah:
People will betray you, you can't escape it. What is more important is that you come out Better

Have you being betrayed before? Share your story, you might heal

Use share so others can learn

While I was working for a company. I got diagnosed of a kidney infection and was admitted in the hospital for two weeks. I was staying with my father’s elder sister at the time because my parents were here in Abuja

Two weeks of constant drugs,drips and injections on my *you know* and guess what, my aunt and her family never came to visit for one day. My friends(even tho I didn’t have a lot of them) were to busy to come see me. No company representative to pay me a visit.

Everyday I would walk to the little store close to the hospital to buy biscuits and yoghurt because no one would bring them to me.

Betrayal hurts so bad because it never comes from strangers but those of your household.

This is why I recommend people live like they are alone on this planet. Have zero expectations. Any human can become anything at anytime.When u expect so much from people, betrayal is inevitable. Live ur life without expectations.

Am really sorry, I sincerely apologise on thier behalf.
In my own case, I never trust anybody, so nothing surprises me anymore

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 14, 2020
Rgade:

Out with the sob story already grin

Done.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Usorohtheman(m): 9:44am On Apr 14, 2020
People have betrayed and have been betrayed in one way or the other.
Always be careful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Hamachi(f): 9:44am On Apr 14, 2020
ngwababe:

I blame the men on this one. I've had the experience sis.
Why blame the man?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by LyfeJennings(m): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2020
Olamsoh:
This story reaffirms my principle when in a relationship. I don't want my friends to have a personal relationship with my woman.

And I don't want to have a personal relationship with my woman's friends. This is to avoid story that touch the heart.

ITS A NO NO FROM THE VERY SCRATCH
NOT BECAUSE I DONT WANT IT BUT NA FROM CLAP DANCE DEY START

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Adex097: 9:46am On Apr 14, 2020
I am too heartbroken to type my betrayal story. My advice to everyone is this, never trust anyone in your workplace, especially the female folks. No disrespect to the ladies please.

18 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Sociology555(m): 9:48am On Apr 14, 2020
My roommate during under graduate level stole my money, food stuff, many other things.
After exams, when I came back for new session our room was burgled, as in everything in our room was stolen. You can imagine the pains and trauma I went though.
After many years, he confess that he was the one that rob me and was asking for forgiveness.
I hardly trust people

14 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Sonnobax15(m): 9:48am On Apr 14, 2020
Too much betrayals both in the past and of late..but one thing i've got to realise in life is that-"as long as you're an honest person,you should expect disappointments and betrayals because that's the way it has always been"...it makes you stronger so long you ain't broken in pieces.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by adebayo3449(m): 9:49am On Apr 14, 2020
bestabigaelever:
An enemy disguise as friend ask me about someone personal, I open up to her
I never knew she was recording, she went to the person and told the person what I didn't say, telling him she couldn't record all the conversations....that shit changed my life forever
I can't heal from that but I will make sure I destroy temitope
Good morning ma'am
I am sorry for what happened.
I will advise you to free the person and move on.
The person will need you one day, it may not be 5yrs time, or 20yrs time, but one day.
But help the person still, if you are in the position to help(please note: Don't trust the person again)

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by hardeycute(m): 9:53am On Apr 14, 2020
No expectations, No disappointments. I hardly get serious with others maybe because I'm an introvert.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by shamsin6300(m): 9:54am On Apr 14, 2020
[quote author=Leezah post=88418327]Reading the stories on the trend, I learnt the following:

Guy sorry about that
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Investmentfreak: 9:56am On Apr 14, 2020
Corona virus betrayed us!! We thought it’s not for black people and now it’s killing 10s in Nigeria.

grin
Don’t trust anyone or anything

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by savcy(m): 9:57am On Apr 14, 2020
ubcandid:

do you know what he himself was passing through. The fact you see people in fancy, doesn't mean their pocket is sooo rich.

The reasonable thing to do, if he didn't have the wherewithal to support his friend, was to tell him exactly the situation of things on his end and not go days/months without so much as picking up his friend's call. That's terrible from a supposed "friend".

8 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by bestabigaelever(f): 9:57am On Apr 14, 2020
adebayo3449:

Good morning ma'am
I am sorry for what happened.
I will advise you to free the person and move on.
The person will need you one day, it may not be 5yrs time, or 20yrs time, but one day.
But help the person still, if you are in the position to help(please note: Don't trust the person again)
Morning boss
It's because people have been "freeing" her that's why she get chance to hurt me but I will make sure she never hurt anyone anymore
Trust kwa?? If only u knew the gravity of what she did
I really appreciate you boss

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by zcee: 9:57am On Apr 14, 2020
Even my friends that betrayed me are the ones am catching fun and drinking in the bar with,such is life mehn

Am always careful with inner circles nowadays...

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by antocreative: 9:58am On Apr 14, 2020
I could remember going through something and people said a lot of bad things about me, not knowing I was very highly depressed. I almost committed suicide then.
Also I worked with one very useless pastor, who pretends alot. He will use and use you but will never give you a dime. Very manipulative selfish man. It will never be well with you wherever you are Mr fake pastor. You will continually beg to feed in this land of the living. This man will sell you for just 10000 naira. Because of this useless man, i honestly have a natural hatred for pastors. Fool.

Also be weary of close friends in the work place. I have learnt a lot from keep close friends in the work place, especially females. They are not worth it. I was best friends with one useless hoe in my former work place. I didn't know the idiot was sleeping wiith the MD. Anything I tell her, she goes and tells him. I have never seen someone that placed little value on herself like this woman (she's not even a girl again ooh). Agbalagba somebody

27 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 14, 2020
Olamsoh:
This story reaffirms my principle when in a relationship. I don't want my friends to have a personal relationship with my woman.

And I don't want to have a personal relationship with my woman's friends. This is to avoid story that touch the heart.

But does it mean that people cannot control their attractions or what? That's preposterous. I mean... I can never be attracted to somebody I know is dating a friend or to my guys friend. That's greed of the highest order.

It happened to me. Like my blood line today is married to a guy that chyked me for years.
This my blood line knows that this guy tried to date me. As in he kept coming to our house look for me for months. My mum and all my siblings knew him very well. It got to a point he threatened to harm me if he sees me with any other guy but luckily, we relocated to another place. Only for my blood sister to bring this same guy as a suitor. shocked dang!
I just keep wondering, so she had been attracted to him all this while? Someone I dislike to the core? Hm! Fear human beings.

Till today, if I go visiting this guy will be telling me him and I have an unfinished business and some annoying silly talks. So most times when I visit, I'll hide away until I go back. Mehn... It sucks!

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Husband Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Woman In Lagos / Wife Breaks Husband's Head For Complaining About Her Food (Graphic Photo) / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.