Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,808,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops (22558 Views)

Residents Lament As Ogun Major Roads Turn Dump Site (Photos) / Godwin Julius Dies During COVID-19 Test / COVID-19: Lagos Airport and Bus-Stops Get Disinfected (Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by BrandSpurNG: 6:10am On Apr 14, 2020
As part of continuing efforts to curtail the spread of Coronavirus, the Lagos State Government has partnered with construction giant, Julius Berger Plc to embark on the disinfection of some major roads across the State.

Speaking at the flag-off exercise at Iddo Bus Stop during the weekend, the Commissioner for the Environment and Water Resources, Mr Tunji Bello, said the gesture from Julius Berger Plc underscores the determination of the present administration to secure the lives of residents.

Bello gave an assurance that the government will continue to adopt measures to curtail the community transmission of the COVID-19 pandemic.

While commending Julius Berger for providing trucks and tankers with dispensers, as well as some chemicals for disinfecting surfaces and hand railings at various locations, Bello mentioned that the disinfection will run through Iddo Market; Costain; Oyingbo; Iponri; Bode Thomas; Orile; Yaba; Jibowu; Maryland; Ojuelegba; and Ojota.

Other areas to be disinfected are Ikeja Under Bridge; Computer Village; Agidingbi Bus Stop; Grammar School; and Ojodu Berger.

In Lagos Island, the fumigation exercise will cover Tafawa Balewa Square, Outer and Inner Marina, CMS, Tinubu Square, Glover Road, Sura Bus Stop, Upper Campos Bus Stop and Obalende Roundabout.

The Commissioner, who was represented by the Director of Sanitation Services, Dr Hassan Sanuth, at the flag-off, explained that the chemicals being deployed for the exercise is a mixture of Hydrogen Peroxide and Chlorine.

He disclosed that the exercise has been designed to end on Monday, calling on other well-meaning persons and corporate organisations to come forward and support the State in order to make the society better for themselves and their various organisations.

https://brandspurng.com/2020/04/13/lagos-partners-julius-berger-to-disinfect-major-roads-bus-stops/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by PlayerMeji: 6:18am On Apr 14, 2020
Ok

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by kerry57: 6:41am On Apr 14, 2020
Nice, this will go a long way in taking care of the viruses on surfaces on the road and its side. I love sanwo olu's approach to this whole global shit. Lagosians should support him by obeying simple rules and regulations guiding the lock down.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by nony43(m): 6:42am On Apr 14, 2020
I wish Buhari could keep this kind energy Sanwo Olu has in fighting convid 19

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by Tookool(m): 6:42am On Apr 14, 2020
That's commendable ...but I doubt if those their trucks are suitable for that job except they imported some new trucks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by Kingtim(m): 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
After My first heartbreak, I stopped talking to my mum for 3 days When she asked what is wrong? I said: "You ladies you're all the same" grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by Jestin: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
The Government is really putting in a lot of effort to curb this issue of Coronavirus. I was expecting the president to also proffer means for the people he instructed to stay at home to survive but alas there was nothing like that in his presidential speech yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by ZirdoRoray(m): 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
Only Lagos. It seems there are only two states in this country, Lagos and the rest of the country.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by COURVOISier(m): 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
If you stay for okokomaiko and beyond, una no dey map of lagos grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by Realist5: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
R
Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by Hezmatosky: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
Then partner with mr Biggs, tantalizer, mega chicken, chicken republic etc to feed Nigerians too angry

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by Openbusiness: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
Another set of billions about to be embezzled grin politicians are really enjoying under this Coronavirus, chop and clean mouth, money that EFCC will find it very difficult to probe them, money that you can inflate any figures without worries. COVIK - 19 is the latest yahoo yahoo for the government people grin dem go build plenty houses for banana and dubai grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by Primusinterpares(m): 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
Nice move... But when are we getting our palliatives??
Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by NigeriaBam: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
Beautiful.
Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by ybalogs(m): 6:44am On Apr 14, 2020
After this lockdown I will have to sell my mattress cos I don't need to sleep this year since I have finished my sleeping bundle

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by ybalogs(m): 6:44am On Apr 14, 2020
Hezmatosky:
Then partner with mr Biggs, tantalizer, mega chicken, chicken republic etc to feed Nigerians too angry
Gbam

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by GregJames(m): 6:44am On Apr 14, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by Failure44: 6:44am On Apr 14, 2020
When will all this end?
Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by GOFRONT(m): 6:44am On Apr 14, 2020
How does this rubbish disinfection prevent the spread of Corona virus??

Govt and their Anti people policy sha!!!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by Selfy(m): 6:44am On Apr 14, 2020
Nice one
A step in the ryt direction
Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:44am On Apr 14, 2020
Good

Sanwo olu should be president

Tinubu
Yemi osinb
Bihari
Entire APC don't know anything undecided
I really don't know what they are disinfecting anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by ybalogs(m): 6:45am On Apr 14, 2020
Failure44:
When will all this end?
Only God knows.
Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by GreatResearcher1: 6:45am On Apr 14, 2020
up APC
Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by hurryup123(m): 6:45am On Apr 14, 2020
Tookool:
They've reduced our indigenous companies to nothing ... undecided
Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by qanda: 6:46am On Apr 14, 2020
Re: Lagos Partners Julius Berger To Disinfect Major Roads, Bus Stops by ybalogs(m): 6:46am On Apr 14, 2020
Primusinterpares:
Nice move... But when are we getting our palliatives??
Bros,your name no dey amongst those listed as poor ooo. You fit give from what you have sef Biko.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Phosguard Fumigant To Buy Rats From Lagosians For "Kill Rats, Make Money.’ / NAFDAC Uncovers Factory With Expired Condiments (Photo) / Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.