Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Nobody Collected The 20,000 Palliatives Back From Us (videos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Collected The 20,000 Palliatives Back From Us (videos) (386 Views)

Increase Minimum Wage To N100,000 Instead Of N8,000 Palliatives – Primate Ayodel / VIDEO: Nollywood Director, Ugezu Ugezu Knocks Tinubu's N8,000 Palliatives, Sugge / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Collected The 20,000 Palliatives Back From Us (videos) by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 14, 2020
REPORT OF MY INVESTIGATION INTO AN ALLEGATION OF CORRUPTION AND PUBLIC DECEIT IN THE CONDITIONAL CASH TRANSFER PROGRAM.
Earlier today, 13th April 2020, a respected member of this forum made a sensational allegation that the picture of his late Aunt from Anambra who died in December 2018 was being shared by Officials of the Conditional Cash Transfer as one of those who benefited from the disbursement of N20,000 CCT in Anambra state last week.
Considering the seriousness and sensitivity of the allegation, I launched an investigation into the matter. I promised that I will to get to the root of the matter and I have done so and I now report back to us.
First I requested the forumite to send me the picture he was referring to which he did.
Next, I went to the @HUPcct Twitter handle and confirmed that indeed that picture was there but contrary to the claim by the forumite that it was used for Anambra state, the picture was put as one of the beneficiaries from Aboh Mbaise in Imo state.
It is worthy of mention here that the same picture of the same woman has been used by certain blog sites alleging that the beneficiary (the same woman) said that after their pictures were taken with the N20,000, it was taken from them and they were given N2,000 instead.
Armed with those information and screenshots, I escalated the matter and forwarded all the materials gathered to the HUPcct through Mr Henry Ayade an official of the program. In fact he handles their official Twitter handle and uploaded the said picture(s) himself.
I had earlier explained to the forumite that the Twitter handle only uploads information sent by the state Coordinators of the program.
Mr Ayade promptly got back to me after confronting the Imo State Coordinator of the Program, Mr Joseph Odoemena with the sensational and serious allegation(s).
He said the Coordinator affirmed without prevarication that the picture was taken on Saturday at Aboh Mbaise, Imo state and that he personally forwarded it to the headquarters.
He further said he would send me the coordinator's number which he did. I called the Coordinator and presented the allegations.
He told me unequivocally that there was no mistake. That the picture in question was taken on Saturday at Aboh Mbaise, that the woman in the picture was from Aboh Mbaise and couldn't have been dead as she was one of those who received money on Saturday.
I also asked him about the allegations by some blogs (although not credible sites) that the same woman said the N20,000 was taken away from them after snapping pictures with it and they were given N2,000 instead. He said that was a wicked lie.
The Imo state Coordinator then offered to go to Aboh Mbaise to trace the woman in the picture and if and when he finds her, he will take pictures and even interview her on video. I agreed.
He went to Aboh Mbaise and indeed saw the same woman in the picture and actually did a video which he has sent to me. There is also an interview with the woman's son.
I want us to carefully watch the videos as attached and compare with the picture of the woman.
The videos are in Igbo. Therefore for the benefit of those who do not understand Igbo, I have transcribed the two videos below.
# VideoOne
WITH THE WOMAN.
Q. Where are you from?
Woman: I'm from Umuodaa in Ahiaato Aboh Mbaise.
Q: On this day, you are talking like someone who is alive. Is that correct?
Woman: Yes!! Yes!!!
Q: .. because they said you were dead .... but you are not dead. God will keep you alive in Jesus' name.
Woman: Amen!!
Q: When did you people receive that money?
Woman: It was on Saturday afternoon.
Q: How much were you given?
Woman: Twenty Thousand.
Q: Did anyone collect money from you after you were given the money?
Answer: No!!! No body!!
They gave me, I looked for a "cyclist" because I couldn't go to Afor Enyiogwugwu (market). I'm not strong. I returned to Umuwoko, Umuodaa in Ahiaato.
Q: God bless you.
Woman: Amen oo.
Q: Tell the entire world that you are alive.
Woman: The entire world, I'm alive oo. God (crying).
Q: Thank you.
# Video2
THE WOMAN'S SON:
"This is Mrs Cordelia Linus Ewurum from Umulogho, Umuodaa, Nguru, Aboh Mbaise LGA.
She's alive and healthy.
Last Saturday, she went to Choko, Umunze and collected her token, N20,000 as was given to others.
There was no problem and nobody objected that she is answering her own name or any other thing.
But all I know is she's alive and she collected the money on behalf of herself.
Thank you."
# Conclusion
From the foregoing and the videos and pictures, it is very clear, without any iota of doubt that the woman in the video is the same woman in the picture the forumite said was the picture of his late Aunt who died in December 2018.
She is from Aboh Mbaise in Imo state. She is alive and collected her N20,000 CCT money herself and the picture posted by the HUPcct and shared by many of us is correct and not a photoshop as alleged.
Also the allegation by some faceless blogs that she said they were given N2,000 after taking pictures with N20,000 is untrue and #FakeNews .
I will urge us all to always make effort to verify every information we receive and to be very sure of our facts before making any allegations.
I want to sincerely thank all of us and especially Mr Henry Ayade of HUPcct Abuja and Mr Joseph Odoemena, the Imo state Coordinator of HUPcct.
They are shining examples of what a public servant should be - diligent, upright, accountable, dedicated and swift in action.
Thank you all.
Dr Uche Diala

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157203116577308&id=544287307

Videos
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157203144432308&id=544287307&source=48&refid=52&__tn__=EH-R

and

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157203144262308&id=544287307&source=48&refid=52&__tn__=EH-R

lalasticlala
Seun
Dominique

Re: Nobody Collected The 20,000 Palliatives Back From Us (videos) by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 14, 2020
Kudos Dr Diala for doing a nice work.

I have told this miscreants to stop listening to supreme leader full of lies and useless blogs that only feeds on fake news and propaganda.

Look at an old woman and someone is wishing her death just to achieve a mere propaganda. Are they Good to condemn her to death when it is not yet her time..

Fake news is dangerous...

God has added more years to this woman because of this

1 Like

Re: Nobody Collected The 20,000 Palliatives Back From Us (videos) by ariefadenco: 8:24am On Apr 14, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Nobody Collected The 20,000 Palliatives Back From Us (videos) by Xisnin(m): 8:29am On Apr 14, 2020
It is time these irresponsible bloggers and fake news generators are taught some lessons.
Even if this country escape the Corona mass deaths as witnessed in others,
we will have a calamity on our hands with rumor mongers.

They are destroying every government attempt to stop the spread.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Collected The 20,000 Palliatives Back From Us (videos) by West1side: 8:42am On Apr 14, 2020
The fake news is not caused by any bloggers it is the handy word of NL Igbos. The key word remain Igbos Nigerians should be able to tell this people to their face that they are the ones spreading this falsehood to tarnish Buhari.

Now, we all know Buhari is a failure but adding false news to discredit him is a trade over 98% Igbos embark upon n we can be bold enough to tell them to the face that we know they are behind this fake news.

Igbo no carry fire for head, they are bold enough to tell the north about their almajiri, they are bold enough to tell the west about their rituals, I wonder why others Nigerians will now be sugarcoating the spread of false news against Buhari which we all know if the trade of this Igbos as tribalistic ?!

It is what is it Igbos are the ones spreading the false news, at least over 98% of them.
Re: Nobody Collected The 20,000 Palliatives Back From Us (videos) by Arda1000(m): 8:45am On Apr 14, 2020
I rather stick to the woman side of the story.
Abeg now na the time for people wey get to help people wey no get in any way money and food.
Re: Nobody Collected The 20,000 Palliatives Back From Us (videos) by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 14, 2020
West1side:
The fake news is not caused by any bloggers it is the handy word of NL Igbos. The key word remain Igbos Nigerians should be able to tell this people to their face that they are the ones spreading this falsehood to tarnish Buhari.

Now, we all know Buhari is a failure but adding false news to discredit him is a trade over 98% Igbos embark upon n we can be bold enough to tell them to the face that we know they are behind this fake news.

Igbo no carry fire for head, they are bold enough to tell the north about their almajiri, they are bold enough to tell the west about their rituals, I wonder why others Nigerians will now be sugarcoating the spread of false news against Buhari which we all know if the trade of this Igbos as tribalistic ?!

It is what is it Igbos are the ones spreading the false news, at least over 98% of them.

Take it easy before you hit rock ooooooo

For fake news it is the handwork of Lagos-ibadan express news.
Re: Nobody Collected The 20,000 Palliatives Back From Us (videos) by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 14, 2020
Arda1000:
I rather stick to the woman side of the story.
Abeg now na the time for people wey get to help people wey no get in any way money and food.

I don't think you understood what the old woman said.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Collected The 20,000 Palliatives Back From Us (videos) by Arda1000(m): 8:57am On Apr 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I don't think you understood what the old woman said.
what is the old woman saying

(1) (Reply)

Abba Kyari: Speaking Ill Of The Dead* / Reno Omokri: What Will Happen To Igbos If El Rufai Becomes President / Will You Be Shocked If President Buhari Picks Adamu Adamu As Chief Of Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.