Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Few Questions That I'm Curious About. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Few Questions That I'm Curious About. (548 Views)

How I Met The First Man God Used To Reveal To Me That I'm His Chosen One / Questions That Atheist Are Scared Of Answering / I Think There Is Something Curious About The Dancing Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by twhy111(m): 10:12am On Apr 14, 2020
I'd like to know how the truth about these things and scriptural backings to each point would be appreciated.

(1) how does the scriptures go against the use of ear rings, trousers and abortion?

(2)will the judgment day be based on religion?

(3) how does these prevent one from entering the kingdom of God;
I. Not paying tithe
ii. Not attending church/bible study
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by oranget(m): 3:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
1. In answer to your question, the Bible does not prohibit the wearing of earrings.

Ezekiel 16:12 - And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.

Peter was advising women to have inner beauty and not outward beauty alone in the verse below.
1 Peter 3:3 - Whose adorning let it not be that outward [adorning] of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

However, for peace of mind, pray to God and ask him if he feels it is appropriate for you to wear this type of jewelry.

About women wearing trousers.
Deuteronomy 22:5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

Abortion
A growing fetus in the mother's womb has a life of its own. Terminating a pregnancy amount to killing or murder which is contrary to Exodus 20:13

Exodus 20:13 - Thou shalt not kill.

2. The judgement day will not be based on religion.
It will be based on whether Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior of your life, and how you live after that.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Revelation 22:14 'Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

3. Not paying tithe is is like robbing God.
Malachi 3:8 'Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. 'But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' 'In tithes and offerings.

God gave instructions to the people of Israel when they have just entered into Canaan.
And guess what. Tithes was one of them.

Deuteronomy 12:6 there bring your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, what you have vowed to give and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks.

Note that stealing and disobedience are both sins. So, this will prevent someone from entering the kingdom of God.

(II) Not attending church/Bible study.

It is harmful to the Christian’s faith. Missing public worship services hurts a person’s faith. God has promised that through His Word He will powerfully bless His people. 

In Hebrews 10:25 Paul wrote about forsaking assemblies of other believers.

Now let's look at what the disciples did in Acts 2:46

Acts 2:46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts.

You need people of Greater Faith to grow spiritually.
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by tpiar: 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
I'm guessing your actual focus is on abortion since you grouped it with other things of lesser importance and which are non invasive.

Is abortion a personal topic for you or what's the reason for your question?
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by tpiar: 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
twhy111:
I'd like to know how the truth about these things and scriptural backings to each point would be appreciated.

(1) how does the scriptures go against the use of ear rings, trousers and abortion?

(2)will the judgment day be based on religion?

(3) how does these prevent one from entering the kingdom of God;
I. Not paying tithe
ii. Not attending church/bible study

Mind your own business, are you bored and need something to do?
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by twhy111(m): 11:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
tpiar:

Mind your own business, are you bored and need something to do?
I only wanted to add to my knowledge. Thanks
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by twhy111(m): 11:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
tpiar:
I'm guessing your actual focus is on abortion since you grouped it with other things of lesser importance and which are non invasive.

Is abortion a personal topic for you or what's the reason for your question?

Nope, I'm curious about all. The churches decisions are divided about these issues, earing is norm for some while some are against it.

Everyday our ladies are becoming comfortable in trousers and some church frowns at it. But what does the scriptures says about it?
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by twhy111(m): 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2020
oranget:
1. In answer to your question, the Bible does not prohibit the wearing of earrings.

Ezekiel 16:12 - And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.

Peter was advising women to have inner beauty and not outward beauty alone in the verse below.
1 Peter 3:3 - Whose adorning let it not be that outward [adorning] of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

However, for peace of mind, pray to God and ask him if he feels it is appropriate for you to wear this type of jewelry.

Deuteronomy 22:5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

Abortion
A growing fetus in the mother's womb has a life of its own. Terminating a pregnancy amount to killing or murder which is contrary to Exodus 20:13

It will be based on whether Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior of your life, and how you live after that.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Revelation 22:14 'Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

Malachi 3:8 'Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. 'But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' 'In tithes and offerings.

God gave instructions to the people of Israel when they have just entered into Canaan.

Deuteronomy 12:6 there bring your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, what you have vowed to give and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks.

Note that stealing and disobedience are both sins. So, this will prevent someone from entering the kingdom of God.

It is harmful to the Christian’s faith. Missing public worship services hurts a person’s faith. God has promised that through His Word He will powerfully bless His people. 

Acts 2:46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts.

Thanks I really appreciate the way you broke it down.

But if you say the judgment day will not be based on religion, but accepting jesus as personal Lord and saviour.

What if one never declare jesus as his personal lord and savior, but has good deeds to the end, will he still make it?

Will the other religion bodies make it since it is not religion based?

Now for the issue of trouser, i believe the bible didn't specify what clothes is for the man or woman. I fact God didn't create us with one, remember Adam and eve were naked until that sin they committed.

There're some part of Scotland where men where skirt as their culture, will they enter the hell fire?
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by oranget(m): 7:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
twhy111:

Thanks I really appreciate the way you broke it down.

But if you say the judgment day will not be based on religion, but accepting jesus as personal Lord and saviour.

What if one never declare jesus as his personal lord and savior, but has good deeds to the end, will he still make it?

Will the other religion bodies make it since it is not religion based?

Now for the issue of trouser, i believe the bible didn't specify what clothes is for the man or woman. I fact God didn't create us with one, remember Adam and eve were naked until that sin they committed.

There're some part of Scotland where men where skirt as their culture, will they enter the hell fire?

No amount of good deeds can ever safe anyone except being washed in the blood of Jesus for all have sinned and have fall short of the glory of God.
Only Jesus is the way to salvation.

On the issue of wears.
If men wear skirt as their culture and women wear trousers then it will be a sin for a woman to wear skirt, and likewise for a man to wear trouser will be a sin.
But since in our culture, women wear skirt and not trousers then it is wrong for any woman to wear trouser.
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by twhy111(m): 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
oranget:

No amount of good deeds can ever safe anyone except being washed in the blood of Jesus for all have sinned and have fall short of the glory of God.
Only Jesus is the way to salvation.

On the issue of wears.
If men wear skirt as their culture and women wear trousers then it will be a sin for a woman to wear skirt, and likewise for a man to wear trouser will be a sin.
But since in our culture, women wear skirt and not trousers then it is wrong for any woman to wear trouser.

What if you're wrong about the first part!
No amount of good deeds can save one from entering the kingdom of God?
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by oranget(m): 12:24pm On May 08, 2020
twhy111:

What if you're wrong about the first part! No amount of good deeds can save one from entering the kingdom of God?
Good deeds can save no one, except by grace
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by twhy111(m): 1:33am On May 09, 2020
oranget:

Good deeds can save no one, except by grace
In other words you're saying it not necessary to do good. Since it not a prerequisite for the kingdom of God.
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by oranget(m): 10:49pm On May 09, 2020
twhy111:

In other words you're saying it not necessary to do good. Since it not a prerequisite for the kingdom of God.
No, that's not what I meant, what I meant was that doing good only will not get you to heaven. You have to believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Doing good without Christ is like studying for an exam you didn't register for.
We are not saved because we obey the Ten Commandments. We obey the Commandments because we are saved. We are not saved because we are righteous. We are righteous because we are saved.

There's a song that says:
"What good I've done could never save,
My debt too great for deeds to pay
But God my Savior made a way
Hallelujah for the cross"

Because we are saved doesn't mean we shouldn't do good after being saved. But you have to be saved so your good can count.
Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by ABOVEDELAW: 6:09am On May 10, 2020
MOST OF YOUR ANSWERS ARE BIBCALLY UNFOUNDED ESPECIALLY THAT OF WOMEN AND TROUSERS, DIG DEEPER BEFORE ANSWERING WHAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ON PUBLIC FORUMS.
oranget:

Abortion

Re: Few Questions That I'm Curious About. by oranget(m): 7:54am On May 10, 2020
ABOVEDELAW:
MOST OF YOUR ANSWERS ARE BIBCALLY UNFOUNDED ESPECIALLY THAT OF WOMEN AND TROUSERS, DIG DEEPER BEFORE ANSWERING WHAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ON PUBLIC FORUMS.
Biblically unfounded? What about those qouted bible verses. Or have you checked and they are wrongly quoted?

(1) (Reply)

Question For Men Of God On Here / COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? / Spiritual Work Or Spells To Neutralize Eating In Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.