Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" (708 Views)

COVID-19: Yinka Akinbami Is Dead. House On The Rock Pastor Dies / Virginia Controversial Pastor Died Of Covid19 After A Jam Parked Service / Pastor Dies After Fasting For 30 Days To Compete And Beat Jesus Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by properties4sale: 10:22am On Apr 14, 2020
Bishop Gerald O. Glenn, a prominent evangelical leader in Virginia, has died of complications related to COVID-19, his church confirmed during Easter Sunday services.

“It is with an exceedingly sorrowful and heavy heart that I come to you this morning, and regret to inform you, that on last night, April the 11th at 9 p.m., our father Bishop Gerald Glenn transitioned from labor to reward,” church elder Bryan Nevers said.

Bishop Glenn, 66, founded and led the New Deliverance Evangelistic Church in the Richmond area, with his popular services airing Sundays on WTVR CBS 6.

He delivered the prayer of invocation at U.S. Senator Mark R. Warner’s 2002 gubernatorial inauguration.

"Bishop Glenn was my great friend for more than 20 years. He was an extraordinary spiritual and community leader, and we will all miss him very much,” Sen. Warner said in a statement obtained by the Daily News.

Senator Tim Kaine also paid tribute to Glenn.

“My heart sinks as I learn this morning that Bishop Gerald Glenn, pastor of New Deliverance Evangelistic Church, died yesterday from COVID-19,” he said in a Twitter post.

“He was a friend and pillar of Richmond faith community. May all do as much for so many,” he wrote.

Bishop Glenn’s daughter, Mar-Gerie Crawley, told WTVR that her dad had an underlying health condition and initially tried to treat his symptoms at home.

“He has diverticulitis, so it’s not uncommon for him to get fevers or you know virus or sinus infection,” she said.

His health worsened after trips to urgent care, and he was ultimately admitted to a hospital and placed on a ventilator, she said.

Bishop Glenn addressed the pandemic during a sermon on March 22 that was attended by dozens of people although officials were urging social distancing and schools were closing.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus,” he said

Crawley said that sermon was held to support church members who were scared.

A day later, Virginia officially banned gatherings of 10 or more people.

Crawley told WTVR she fully supports social distancing and stay at home orders.

“It becomes very real to you,” Crawley said. “I just beg people to understand the severity and the seriousness of this, because people are saying it’s not just about us, it’s about everyone around us.”

Bishop Glenn’s wife, Mother Marcietia Glenn, also tested positive for COVID-19 but was recovering, Crawley said in facebook related post

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-virginia-pastor-bishop-go-glenn-dies-from-coronavirus-20200413-h6mm24errzcltgmajwkaxzl6dm-story.html?outputType=amp

Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by properties4sale: 10:24am On Apr 14, 2020
Make una see
Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by DaInferno(m): 10:26am On Apr 14, 2020
The same God that said you should not tempt him!

2 Likes

Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by Chimezirim121: 10:30am On Apr 14, 2020
K
Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by Iceyjayz: 10:31am On Apr 14, 2020
Bad man, r.i.p to him.
Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by joshjc(m): 10:32am On Apr 14, 2020
Thou shall not tempt the lord thou God,all these pastors think because they are pastors they've become super human, even in the Bible the children of Israel were instructed to stay indoors
Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by Xisnin(m): 10:35am On Apr 14, 2020
Congrats on winning the Darwin awards.

1 Like

Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2020
DaInferno:

Typical.....
Blame his demise on God now

2 Likes

Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:42am On Apr 14, 2020
Speechless shocked
Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by Cholls(m): 10:48am On Apr 14, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

Typical.....
Blame his demise on God now
my brother your comment reminds me of a brother that always says There's no use debating with religious people; it gives the impression that the person and/or their ideas are worth talking about.

1 Like

Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by Tpave(m): 10:50am On Apr 14, 2020
Give what belongs to God to God and what belongs to Ceaser to Ceaser
Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by HappyPagan: 10:55am On Apr 14, 2020
That's why I'm against the government ban on religious gatherings. I need this to happen to Adeboye, Oyedepo, Ibeyomie and friends. All those Nigerian miracle men.
Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by HappyPagan: 10:57am On Apr 14, 2020
DaInferno:
There's always an excuse for God's failures.

Pastor at Heaven's Gate
But God, you said you will protect us from all plagues. I listened to your word and take authority only from You.

God
My son, why would you tempt me?

1 Like

Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by HappyPagan: 10:58am On Apr 14, 2020
Tpave:
Give what belongs to God to God and what belongs to Ceaser to Ceaser
The pastor belonged to God, the virus gave him to Him.
Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by HappyPagan: 10:59am On Apr 14, 2020
joshjc:
Thou shall not tempt the lord thou God,all these pastors think because they are pastors they've become super human, .
The pastor's aren't helped by the followers who swallow their every word without critique - as robots do, na so Dem they do..

1 Like

Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by joshjc(m): 11:08am On Apr 14, 2020
HappyPagan:

The pastor's aren't helped by the followers who swallow their every word without critique - as robots do, na so Dem they do..

members own na worse pass dem pastor be like God to them
Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by properties4sale: 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
HappyPagan:
That's why I'm against the government ban on religious gatherings. I need this to happen to Adeboye, Oyedepo, Ibeyomie and friends. All those Nigerian miracle men.
cheesy cheesy not a good prayer man
Re: Virginia Pastor Dies Of Covid19, After Claiming "My God Is Above Every Virus" by Xisnin(m): 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
HappyPagan:
That's dangerous even for you unless you live in a cave alone.
Your neighbor, their friends or even Okada man could contract the disease
from their members and pass it on to you.

(1) (Reply)

How God Healed Apostle Joshua Selman's Disease Through Pastor Benny Hinn / How Pastor Adeboye Was Nearly Killed By A Former Governor / Moment A Dead Person Reportedly Refused To Be Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.