Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,303 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:04 PM

COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines (13161 Views)

Dr. Mamora Open-up No Russian Virus Vaccine In Nigeria / Coronavirus: Mamora Says Each Test Costs The Government ₦10,000 / Start Offering B.sc Courses For Herbal Medicine, Mamora Urges Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by divinehand2003(m): 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
The Federal Government, says the slow rollout of coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Test Results is due to a combination of stringent rules aimed at ensuring its reliability.

Sen. Olorunnimbe Mamora, the Minister for States, Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), made this disclosure on Sunrise Daily, Channels Television, on Wednesday in Abuja.

Mamora said that PCR was the most commonly used test for diagnosing COVID-19 because of its high accuracy .

He explained why the pace of Nigeria’s testing seemed slow and was not getting the needed turnaround.

“Each test takes about hours once a sample reaches a centralised testing lab, with the time split between sample preparation and the actual PCR test”.

The minister said that Nigeria preferred the molecular testing, as opposed to the rapid testing, which a number of countries had adopted, which he also said were prone to errors.

He explained that most PCR tests for the coronavirus were being done with big, expensive automated machines that could do many tests at once

Mamora said the government had increased the laboratories by 100 per cent; Lagos -three, Abuja-two, Irua-one, Ibadan UCH-one, Iree-one, Jos-one, Kano-one and Abakaliki- one; 11 laboratories altogether mow in the network.

He noted that testing in the country had increased by 50 per cent to the current capacity of 1,500 tests per day, with over 6,000 tests done in the country.

Meanwhile, the minister also explained why the federal government did not include more states in the lockdown despite the fact that some states now have more cases than Ogun.

He said this was informed by the fact that a number of states had already put in their own measures to fight against the virus.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that as at 9:50 p.m. April 13, there were 343 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Nigeria, 91 had been discharged with 10 deaths.

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) said the 343 cases were recorded from 19 states in the country.

It also stated that the pandemic and majority of the active cases were in a stable condition.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/covid-19-fg-attributes-slow-space-of-testing-to-pcr-machines/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Nbote(m): 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
Everyday one excuse or d other, na only una own different

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by GOFRONT(m): 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
We are ready, we are are ready.....yen yen yen.......Now the day has come.

Shame on our FG, Shame on you, shame on Me.....Shame on all of us!!!

Make nobody quote me abeg una......I'm on double drip in a Male ward.

15 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by NwaNimo1(m): 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
Failed state......

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by billionman: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
These people talk as if they are talking to dunces. The Roche Cobas 6800 and 8800 PCR machines can run upto 1000 samples in 8 hours. And they are fully automated. We know these things and can see through their lies

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Kunfayakun12(f): 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
They will always find excuse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
I pray to Almighty God by his mighty power to continue to be healing those that have already been texted positive for this useless coronavirus in abundance,

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Buhari1(m): 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
They still groping in the dark.
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by visijo(m): 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
Nice

After this lockdown I am selling my bed, I don't think I am sleeping again this year. I have finished my sleeping bundle

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Slawormir: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

isoright
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Fragility6: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
Na our turn na tinz dey always dey different
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Masterace(m): 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2020
our hope is on GOD

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by StarUp: 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2020
Where you? Forget that story... I hear say EU just drop una 50m euros (#22billion)... Make una just keep my share for me o otherwise I go shift pesin jaw with my coronated & quarantined blow...

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by meum: 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
If na 2 burn Treasury office dat one go fast grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
This government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Shellsploit: 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
Innoson sef

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by mamaafrik(m): 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
P.C.R kee you there.....,can someone help me throw that mucuna amukunmeko ............a wheel spanner.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Christy8906(f): 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
please I still need your assistance concerning the lock down , been finding it difficult to feed, please no amount is too small. Please check my signature for my account no.
May God bless you
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by crownfierce: 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
Ltp
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by osuofia2(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2020
Funny but Ghana and south Africa did over 30k test no pcr fault, useless donkies
What happened to the billions donated by individuals and corporate firms. Na Ogun go kill all of nna.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by sylve11: 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2020
This country ehn. sad cool
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2020
Stories upon stories. Who is fooling who?
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Lololo111: 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
Vfd
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Aturitoroman: 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
Kk
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by FREEMADNESS: 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
the only good tin about dis lockdown is d steady power supply my hood is getting from our power distribution company. at least 89% constant electricity is enough for me.

BUT..........

HUNGER BAD O
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
It is well.
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Adakintroy2: 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
Fasting was to prepare us for hard times. But those who new better said it was for "break throughs" whatever that means.

If we had reached mastering in fasting as Christians, this times would not be so difficult to pull through. For one, we would have seen it coming. Watch and pray)

Our ration would naturally be reduce. Eating ones a day for months would have been a natural pull off by now. So there would still be leftovers to share with those in need.

The church got it absolutely wrong with many teachings. Now Christians are in panic like many unbelievers even in season when they should be the ones uplifting others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Makavelli25: 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
Na una know
We don know say na another lie be this

Kilokanmi

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Give Birth To White Baby In The Uk / World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children / Lagos Discharges 12 More COVID-19 Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.