Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:God Delights In Your Prosperity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:God Delights In Your Prosperity (2376 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:God Delights In Your Prosperity by Joagbaje(m): 11:28pm On Jan 04, 2011
Psalm 35:27
Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

There’re many who say it’s wrong for us Christians to be rich, but the Bible lets us know that riches and wealth come from God:
1 Chronicles 29:12
“Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all”

Also, in 2 Chronicles 1:12, we read that God gave Solomon riches, wealth and honour, far beyond what any man on earth has ever had:
2 Chronicles 1:12“ . .…I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.”

Further more, the Bible shows us three bigwigs that God identified Himself with in the Bible: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Read about them, they were super rich on earth; yet, in heaven, God still identifies with them. This seems to bust the religious myth that when you’re rich on earth you’ll be small in heaven. It’s therefore wrong for anyone to say that God prefers to identify Himself with the poor and lowly. If that were the case, then many of us wouldn’t stand a chance with Him, including Abraham, whom the Bible says was very rich in cattle, silver, and in gold (Genesis 13:2).

When the king of Sodom wanted to reward Abraham for helping him out in battle, Abraham declined, saying

“keep your reward to yourself, else you’ll say you made Abraham rich.”

Abraham knew it was God that made him rich. What about his son Isaac? The Bible says

“…the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him” (Genesis 26:13-14).

He prospered so much until he became the envy of the Philistines.

So, prosperity is not of the devil; it’s the will of God for you. 3 John 1:2 says,
“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”
God is the one that gives the power to get wealth, so He couldn’t possibly be against being rich and prosperous:

Deuteronomy 8:18
“But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day” .He delights in your prosperity.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for making me your heir and putting everything in place for me to walk in super-abundance and experience prosperity in the earth. Your Word shows me today that you delight in my prosperity; for which I rejoice and thank you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 8:9
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:God Delights In Your Prosperity by winiamanda: 9:52am On Jan 05, 2011
i am super rich
I will enjoy all the blessings God has given me
Me and my children children

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. / How Many People Are Going To Hell? / Obligatory Baths ( Bath After SEX)GHUSL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.