Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life (54905 Views)

Domestic Abuse: All The Women In These Pictures Are Dead! All Within 5 Months / A Man Got Married To Two Women In Obudu Cross River State / Married Life Versus Baby Daddy Life, Which Is Likely To Prolong A Man's Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by damtan(m): 8:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by jericco1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
My mum definitely has no say in whom I'm gonna get married to undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by enshi(m): 8:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
Shdg
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by pocohantas(f): 8:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
Nnemuka:
idiotic post

Seems some men are averse to peace. Why is it always them coming up with these silly topics and order? angry

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
True though, right now my sis is my all in all A time will come when she will be relegated and further relegated

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by CoronaVirusPro: 8:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
Bunkum and balderdash
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Reelmii: 8:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
tk4rd:
The final decisions of any man is being influenced most of the time by the opinions of the women in his life.

At every stage in life, the order of importance of the opinions of these women vary a lot.
With this topic, I tried to pinpoint these stages in a man's life and the order of importance of the opinions of these women in his life.
1. Long Before Marriage.
a. Mother
b. Sisters
c. Girlfriends
2. Close To Marriage.
a. Mother
b. Fiancée
c. Sisters
3. Immediately Into The Marriage
a. Wife
b. Mother
c. Sisters
4. When The Children Are All Grown
a. Wife
b. Daughters
c. Mother
5. Randy Husband
a. Wife
b. Girlfriend
c. Mother
6. Crazy Husband
a. Girlfriend(s).
Ok..
This now brings me to the argument about why mothers have a very big opinion in the choosing of life-partners of their sons.
Assuming that it was a decision that would affect the man alone such as business, place of work, investments, projects and so on, he has the liberty Not to involve anybody, nor seek anybody's opinion, and nobody would say anything about it.
But in the case of choosing a life partner, the man's family will definitely be involved. Both families will be involved. Kindreds are involved too.

The man in an attempt to carry his family along, would go to seek his father's opinion. His father would then discuss with his own wife and his other grown children (that is, the man's mother and brothers and sisters).

After that, the man's mother (wife of the man's father) who now knows what the problem of the son is, would now make out time to talk to him in a language he would understand better, which includes knowing more about the lady in question, and having her invited over at the house once or twice for series of one-on-one interactions with her.

And trust me, if the fiancée had not done her homework well, and it happens that the man's mother doesn't like what she sees in the lady, the mother can easily talk her son out of it, and the fiancée's opinion cannot do much at this point because the man's father will support his own wife (the man's mother), and the man in question wouldn't want to be against his father.
Meanwhile, a woman's family can also reject a man they don't like too., but there must be strong reasons for that to happen.

If a woman's family happens to reject a suitor and the woman went ahead to bring him home, they would reject the bride price openly, and there would not be any marriage rites performed again.

This particular topic about women would be discussed another day anyway.

I am more interested in the men for now.
what are u trying to achieve with this....are we supposed to larf or wat exactly
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
tk4rd:
The final decisions of any man is being influenced most of the time by the opinions of the women in his life.

At every stage in life, the order of importance of the opinions of these women vary a lot.
With this topic, I tried to pinpoint these stages in a man's life and the order of importance of the opinions of these women in his life.
1. Long Before Marriage.
a. Mother
b. Sisters
c. Girlfriends
2. Close To Marriage.
a. Mother
b. Fiancée
c. Sisters
a. Wife
b. Mother
c. Sisters
a. Wife
b. Daughters
c. Mother
5. Randy Husband
a. Wife
b. Girlfriend
c. Mother
6. Crazy Husband
a. Girlfriend(s).
Ok..
This now brings me to the argument about why mothers have a very big opinion in the choosing of life-partners of their sons.
Assuming that it was a decision that would affect the man alone such as business, place of work, investments, projects and so on, he has the liberty Not to involve anybody, nor seek anybody's opinion, and nobody would say anything about it.
But in the case of choosing a life partner, the man's family will definitely be involved. Both families will be involved. Kindreds are involved too.

The man in an attempt to carry his family along, would go to seek his father's opinion. His father would then discuss with his own wife and his other grown children (that is, the man's mother and brothers and sisters).

After that, the man's mother (wife of the man's father) who now knows what the problem of the son is, would now make out time to talk to him in a language he would understand better, which includes knowing more about the lady in question, and having her invited over at the house once or twice for series of one-on-one interactions with her.

And trust me, if the fiancée had not done her homework well, and it happens that the man's mother doesn't like what she sees in the lady, the mother can easily talk her son out of it, and the fiancée's opinion cannot do much at this point because the man's father will support his own wife (the man's mother), and the man in question wouldn't want to be against his father.
Meanwhile, a woman's family can also reject a man they don't like too., but there must be strong reasons for that to happen.

If a woman's family happens to reject a suitor and the woman went ahead to bring him home, they would reject the bride price openly, and there would not be any marriage rites performed again.

make God the most important and you will live happily ever after

2 Likes

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by ojun50(m): 9:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
chuksbaby:
since 1900
You see am
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Hisincrease: 9:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Rubbish!

Ever since I left home at 19, God and my conscience have been the only ones that influence my life.

My mother did her part then but I don't have a sister or GF.

We trust God and move.

5 Likes

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by crafteck(m): 9:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stupid thread

2 Likes

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Ebidosia: 9:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
tk4rd:

1. Long Before Marriage.
a. Mother
b. Sisters
c. Girlfriends
2. Close To Marriage.
a. Mother
b. Fiancée
c. Sisters
a. Wife
b. Mother
c. Sisters
a. Wife
b. Daughters
c. Mother
5. Randy Husband
a. Wife
b. Girlfriend
c. Mother
6. Crazy Husband
a. Girlfriend(s).
Ok..

At this stage in my life, my daughters count before my mum before my wife.

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Sonnobax15(m): 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
Na who this lock down hunger never tear slap dey reason marriage matters 4 now.

2 Likes

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
mofeoluwadassah:
Let me just read comments smiley
You're everywhere

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by PS712: 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
Except you are lucky with understanding and friendly wife where the order will still be wife,mother, siblings (both for you and wife),else the order will be -
Newly weds
1. Wife
2. Wife
3. Wife
In some cases..
1. Wife
2. Mother in law
3. Wife's siblings

Try altering the order and you'll start finding it difficult going back home after the day's activities cause you know what is awaiting you at home.
Both partners understanding themselves is just the best, even in midst of misunderstanding there is understanding (a line below which both won't descend to).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Jamesrock(m): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
The only reason why niggaz Dey hustle nah cos of woman- wife, mother or sisters
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Nnemuka(f): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
pocohantas:

Seems some men are averse to peace. Why is it always them coming up with these silly topics and order? angry
I dont know the problem with most of the boys on Nairaland.
mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by hinere(m): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Buy pure water....Buy pure water. Don't read comment with dry mouth.
**Drinking pure water and chewing gum while reading comments**
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Olutola88(m): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
There is no rule to it. It varies from one man to the other.

It can also change regardless of before marriage and after marriage. Events can change things.

Some men will tell you that their mum will come 1st anytime any day. Same men will tell you that a wife can go with another man but a mother will always remain a Mother.

Some men have wives that made them and worship their wives because of that.

It's just different strokes for different folks.

For me, I believe all the women in a man's life have their importance and should not be ranked.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Mizwisdom(f): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
A man should love his wife more

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Sonnobax15(m): 9:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
jericco1:
My mum definitely has no say in whom I'm gonna get married to undecided
Bro,will you keep kwayet...na people like una dey end up marrying "madam" instead of wife so..

10 Likes

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by mofeoluwadassah: 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
Oluwasaeon:

You're everywhere
you can call me mtn cool

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by NobleAngell(f): 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
A wife and a mother should not be compared. One cannot replace the other. They should be given their rightful place and they should be aware of it. Give each the love they deserve.

4 Likes

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by GeneralPula: 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
Love between a mother & a child.. Nothing else comes close.

Not all woman will grow to become a mother. You gotta give it to your mom always!
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by jericco1(m): 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Bro,will you keep kwayet...na people like una dey end up marrying "madam" instead of wife so..

Fool!

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by tweakdude1: 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
well i can only say that Women are self centred even our mothers. If am wrong then dont marry from her side? Thats where this post comes into play

2 Likes

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by AreaFada2: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lol.
There is no instruction manual. Some men rely on their girlfriend's connections to secure contracts. Or no money to fund family, wife or mum.
Try telling such a guy to put his girlfriend at the bottom. grin

Different strokes for different folks. The order can shift at anytime depending on circumstances.
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
They're coming for you. The boys who are still tied to mummy's skirt. They'll drag you for trying to state that a wife comes before a mother. You better run grin

1 Like

Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Otii4god: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mumu post
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Isoduwa(m): 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
kalufelix:
...Even if na people wey get below N500 for acct. I still qualify flawlessly...FG abeg check my signature...man pikin wan crase

You are hungry �
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Plut01: 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
kalufelix:
...Even if na people wey get below N500 for acct. I still qualify flawlessly...FG abeg check my signature...man pikin wan crase
Re: Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life by Orllin(f): 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
Well, it's the truth among most men in this part of the world

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years / Man Lies On A Gutter For His Pregnant Wife To Pass (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.