Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,812 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? (7263 Views)

Mass And Massive Resignation Of Appointment Hits Intercontinental Bank / Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again / Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Finecat(m): 1:40am On Jan 05, 2011
Are depositors money still safe with this bank? They just sacked another 200 this week. Oceanic and the others seems to be holding up well.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by gogo13233: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2011
4get intercontinental bank,dead meat,the best years are over cry
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
I only hav 3 letas 4 u.
GTB
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by alldone(m): 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2011
i think more bankers should be prepare for the worst. anything can happen.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Fire007: 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2011
Uglycat why?

Ade0001 (m)
Lagos

Re: Intercontinental Bank Advice 350 To Resign Immediately
« #2 on: Yesterday at 03:20:01 PM »

@poster, sorry if you or anyone close to you was affected by the sack, but the news on ThisDay on Friday was that 650 was promoted and 171 sacked.

Lagos (WorldStage Newsonline)-- Intercontinental Bank Plc on Friday announced the promotion of 653 members of staff in recognition of their hard work.

Also, 171 employees were said to have been disengaged based on poor performance and disciplinary issues.

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstage/index.php?&id=1563&active=news

Intercontinental Bank Promotes 653 - THISDAY ONLINE / Nigeria news , 31 Dec 2010 , The management of Intercontinental Bank Plc has announced the promotion of 653 members of staff in recognition of their hard work. ,

www.thisdayonline.info/nview.php?id=191095

And note that long queues at ATM does not reflect the service quality.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by twinskenny(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2011
careytommy:

I only hav 3 letas 4 u.
GTB

nice one
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by erniok(m): 2:50pm On Jan 05, 2011
@poster, you deliberately forgot to mention that 638 staff were promoted. As with most coy, when promotion comes, there will def be sacking.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by zuker: 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2011
people should not edge facts as some statements can be very injurious. sacking non performance is a standard world over and we shouldn't use this to portray crisis in the bank at least they also promoted some members of staff.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by eros(m): 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2011
GTB is over-hyped. In reality the bank sucks, service-wise they might be on point, but in terms of organization they are nothing to write home about. I cannot stand the long queues at the banking halls, when you want to deposit, withdraw or even get information from customer service. Even the ATM also has its share of long queues, which is complete nuisance.

Any bank that can attend to me in 20 minutes or less is the best bank. Long queues and rude officials are not the hallmark of a good bank and that is what GTB stands for.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by jfking2005(m): 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2011
@eros

go to Union Bank, infact you can even sleep at the ATM center if you like no one will disturb you.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by vislabraye(m): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2011
Na so we see am. Abi should we blame Sanusi
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2011
i just hope my cash is safe in that bank before person money enter voice mail cry undecided
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Tolulop001(f): 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2011
eros:

GTB is over-hyped. In reality the bank sucks, service-wise they might be on point, but in terms of organization they are nothing to write home about. I cannot stand the long queues at the banking halls, when you want to deposit, withdraw or even get information from customer service. Even the ATM also has its share of long queues, which is complete nuisance.

Any bank that can attend to me in 20 minutes or less is the best bank. Long queues and rude officials are not the hallmark of a good bank and that is what GTB stands for

so what bank fits that bill?
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by mafolayomi(f): 3:46pm On Jan 05, 2011
i guess non yet undecided
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by oludashmi(f): 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2011
Everything is wrong with the bank
including Diamond bank and some other customer-I-dont-care banks
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by adeshsam(m): 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2011
Union Bank are on strike now, I think they are fighting for their,
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Odunnu: 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2011
eros:

Any bank that can attend to me in 20 minutes or less is the best bank. Long queues and rude officials are not the hallmark of a good bank and that is what GTB stands for.

Atleast, i go to bed each nite with two eyes closed,fully certain that when I need my money, I'l get it back to the very last kobo if I so choose.
jfking2005:

@eros

go to Union Bank, infact you can even sleep at the ATM center if you like no one will disturb you.
Unity bank in the town where I live in is another example.
They may attend to just about or less than 20customers in an entire day.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by mikkyrazzy: 4:10pm On Jan 05, 2011
Its more like there are dramas left to b unfolded in these failed banks.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by ujchief(m): 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2011
careytommy:

I only hav 3 letas 4 u.
GTB
those three letters is more than enough for the wise.
eros:

this is rude blasphemy against the truth. You'll surely go to hell if u dont repent of this rude blasphemy and accept GTB as your one and only bank.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by VIPICO(m): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2011
erniok:

@poster, you deliberately forgot to mention that 638 staff were promoted. As with most coy, when promotion comes, there will def be sacking.

REALLY
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by citee(m): 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2011
The topic of this thread was about Intercontinental Bank and suddenly it has veered to which bank is better than which. I just think we should stay focused  when we make our contributions to any topic. My opinion is that there is no justification for Inter to wait till the very last day of the month/year to lay off staff. It is wicked to say the least. And the point that some other staffers were promoted does not still make it right as we all thought the dark days of sacking were behind and the bank was poised to move forward. This action only sends the signal that all is still not well with Lai Alabi and his crew!
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Oluwabee(f): 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2011
careytommy:

I only hav 3 letas 4 u.
GTB

As much as i will not want to bring any bank down i just believe GTB is over hyped. COs i have an account and in my branch if u dont go to their branch for like 2 tyms afta u lay a complain d issue u have will nt b dealt wit dats just it.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Elgaxton(m): 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2011
There are only two banks in Nigeria: Gtbank and the others
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Shinor(m): 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2011
@mafolayomi

Have you tried Jesus Yet? Remember they say Jesus Saves. But I don't which bank has his savings account details
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by zuker: 5:29pm On Jan 05, 2011
try FirstBank, i ve tried GTBank and i believe FBN transformation is fantastic and highly customer centric
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by burgy(m): 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2011
lets call a spade a spade, GTB customer service sucks like hell. they have a good brand name working for them, but thats from the past! As of today they suck. long queues in banking halls and @ ATMs. plus customer service officers that feel like they are doing u a favour by attending to you. I bank with them so i can tell you that todays GTB is not the same as it was 3-4yrs ago!
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by eherbal(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2011
The erastus aftermath
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Moralistli(m): 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2011
Is dis GTB really living up to expectation? Though i'm not in 9ja @ d moment, but have more than what anyone can toy wit  in dis substantial Intercontinenta bank. But my sista still withdraws with ease, even up to d tune of 500k any day, hope they won't disappoint any soon.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by eherbal(m): 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2011
Shinor:

@mafolayomi

Have you tried Jesus Yet? Remember they say Jesus Saves. But I don't which bank has his savings account details
what kind of r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d post is this?what has this got to do with the topic.tscheew!
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by apoti(m): 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2011
eros:

That's the truth GTB is over-hyped. They cannot effectively manage the crowd they have recently.
I have accounts with GTB, First and Access bank. In terms of service among the 3, I will rate Access bank 1st , FBN 2nd and GTB 3rd,
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by rasputinn(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2011
careytommy:

I only hav 3 letas 4 u.
GTB

Abeggi make I hear word
Which GTB angry,the same GTB that on a daily basis,customers queues start from their first floors,down to the ground floors and always extends outside into the street,thereby causing traffic jams
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by 10cirenoh: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2011
Diamond bank remains one of the best banks out there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Build Career In Law / Should 2'2s Go To Hell Because They Ain't 1st Class Or 2'1? / Everything About TEFL Career For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.