Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump (448 Views)

Canadian Who Wants Both A Vagina & Penis Wins Funding For Surgery (Photos) / COVID-19: WHO Says Madagascar's Herbal Tonic Not A Cure / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump by AgainstIslam(f): 7:58am On Apr 15, 2020
US President Donald Trump says he has instructed his administration to halt funding to the World Health Organization (WHO).
He said the WHO had "failed in its basic duty" in its response to the coronavirus outbreak.
He accused the UN body of mismanaging and covering up the spread of the virus after it emerged in China, and said it must be held accountable.
Mr Trump has previously accused the WHO of being biased towards China.
The US president has himself come under criticism at home over his handling of the outbreak.
"I am directing my administration to halt funding while a review is conducted to assess the World Health Organization's role in severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus," Mr Trump told a news conference at the White House.
"The WHO failed in its basic duty and it must be held accountable," he added.
Reacting to Mr Trump's remarks, UN Secretary-General António Guterres said now was "not the time" to be cutting resources for the WHO.
The US is the WHO's biggest single funder, providing $400m (£316m) last year - just under 15% of its total budget.
China's contribution in 2018-19 was almost $76m in assessed contributions and about $10m in voluntary funding, according to the WHO website.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52289056
Re: Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump by Skyfornia(m): 7:59am On Apr 15, 2020
WHO has been compromised
Re: Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump by beylinko02: 8:03am On Apr 15, 2020
Ghen Ghen, wind haff blow it's time to see the yansh of the fowl. The game is on to see how WHO proof Trump right or wrong. If truely the World health is bias and compromised by the Chinese as alleged, then we are in for trouble
Re: Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump by foxxydude: 8:03am On Apr 15, 2020
Trump is opening opportunity for the Chinese to start funding WHO
This Trump guy too dey quick vex sef

Re: Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:05am On Apr 15, 2020
WHO don't even understand the virus, they failed the world
Re: Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump by AgainstIslam(f): 8:06am On Apr 15, 2020
foxxydude:

I believe the move is just to remind the WHO that he who beats the piper dictates the tune.
Re: Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump by foxxydude: 8:10am On Apr 15, 2020
AgainstIslam:

I believe the move is just to remind the WHO that he who beats the piper dictates the tune.

Why starve WHO of funds at this critical time? Trump is too emotional joor

Re: Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump by AgainstIslam(f): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2020
foxxydude:

I believe many people may have other ideas.

I don't know if Lalasticlala can give it a wider audience.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 15, 2020
foxxydude:
China can't replace the U.S when it comes to funding who
Re: Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump by foxxydude: 8:58am On Apr 15, 2020
Ikio:
China can't replace the U.S when it comes to funding who

Why do u think so?

Re: Corona Virus: US To Halt Funding WHO Says Trump by dayleke: 2:44am On Jan 11, 2021
foxxydude:

That was back then o...

"Emotional" is not the right word in my own opinion.

See him now....

grin

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advise On My Birth Control Pills / Britain, France, US, Voice Suspicion Over China’s Handling Of Covid-19 Outbreak / US Warns China Could Face Consequences For Covid-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.