Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? (74329 Views)

The Mystery Behind Sugar, Salt And One Part Of Your Body / Natural Dreadlocks Popularly Called Dada-What Is The Mystery Behind It? / The Mystery Behind The Name Daodu/dawodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Neroiam(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2020
Drr
Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Holyfield1(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2020
Y
Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by omojesu202(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2020
Dada ndidi

please follow my profile personal text n register. it's free.
Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by ybalogs(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Nice topic...Dada awuru , Dem too dey stubborn
Very stubborn and strong
Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Topmaike007(m): 12:12pm On May 14, 2020
SKhanmi:

How? Can you explain better? And how about those that have it naturally as kids?
nobody get the thing naturally, if you have curly hair from the beginning and they refuse to comb the hair na dada be the next thing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by luminouz(m): 12:12pm On May 14, 2020
Lol..its a supernatural gift for people destined to see the supernatural. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by simhosting: 12:12pm On May 14, 2020
Nawa
Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by santino09: 12:12pm On May 14, 2020
Olarewaju89:
T

T for Toad
Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Daniel058(m): 12:12pm On May 14, 2020
Choi!
Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by madridguy(m): 12:12pm On May 14, 2020
Nothing mystery about it. Na Cele and Cherubu people dey give it unnecessary attention.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by santino09: 12:13pm On May 14, 2020
Holyfield1:
Y

Coz Y has two branches and one tail

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Drizzy5001(m): 12:13pm On May 14, 2020
Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Sammybase(m): 12:13pm On May 14, 2020
Dreadlocks has something spiritual attach.. My sister is a perfect example..

I can't post her current look here.
But when my mom forcefully shave her head its bounce back in the middle of the night she almost died, but she was rush to church so she survive but half of her face dried up.... cry cry cry cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Sammybase(m): 12:14pm On May 14, 2020
madridguy:
Nothing mystery about it. Na Cele and Cherubu people dey give it unnecessary attention.

Until it happen to someone u know...
Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Perfecttouchade: 12:15pm On May 14, 2020
ybalogs:
Very stubborn and strong
only God knows where dey see those strength o..I was at scene recently, the dada boy was playing ball so he insisted the ball wasn't a goal which caught the attention of one older guy who interfered by slapping the dada guy, to my surprise, the older didn't see what was coming at all when a huge blow hit him and u need to see how the guy fell... cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by ThatFairGuy: 12:15pm On May 14, 2020
Mere historical fallacies. Trash

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by doggedfighter(f): 12:16pm On May 14, 2020
MistarT:
The best and surest adviser is the Holy Spirit, however with little knowledge about dreadlocks, there's a comma somewhere, if you have a child with dreads, prayerfully cut it, that is why most believers cut their children's hair before dedication, the words I write are not comprehendable with a carnal mind, they're spiritually discerned. God bless you.
You are not making any sensible point. You are just spewing your religious sentiments.

15 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by madridguy(m): 12:16pm On May 14, 2020
Forget story grin how come catholic, Redeem people no dey get dreadlock.

Sammybase:

Until it happen to someone u know...

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Bacteriologist(m): 12:16pm On May 14, 2020
If you want to ascertain how much pastors sleep with their members. Check for the prevalence of dreadlocks in church where one of the pastors himself, has it.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by EzeNdiAra: 12:17pm On May 14, 2020
SKhanmi:
[s]Would have loved to reply the poster above but looking through his statements again ,one can hear the uninformed religious society speaking as usual, coupled with his escape clause about carnal minds not being able to comprehend. Smh.

To others reading this, Man is not just a PHYSICAL BEING of meat & bone. He has other bodies, up to 7 to the best of my knowledge, now the black man is more naturally attuned to the spiritual realm than the other races and as such possess different gifts that other races have to train hard to get. The white garment churches know the usefulness of that type of hair even if they eventually chose to pervert it for their own uses. Ever wondered why Moses, Elijah & most prophets are portrayed with very long beards & long hair? It is based on the same premise. Find that out and you'll get your answer. The black man's bane is ignorance, preferring to ignore his soul, his roots & identity for a pseudo one and then turn around to blame the world for treating him like turd. Knowledge is really power & the black man unfortunately is not ready to learn anytime soon.[/s]

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Olarewaju89: 12:17pm On May 14, 2020
santino09:

T for Toad

Actually, my name is Tosin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by ThatFairGuy: 12:17pm On May 14, 2020
[s]
Sammybase:

But when my mom forcefully shave her head its bounce back in the middle of the night she almost died, but she was rush to church so she survive but half of her face dried up.... cry cry cry cry

[/s]
Something else worried her. It's trash

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by madridguy(m): 12:17pm On May 14, 2020
You are celestial or Cherubum grin

Sammybase:

1 Like

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 14, 2020
cheesy
Awwnn. See this lovely cuties.

Dreadlocks is not cute! Its dirty, smelly and makes one look unkempt.

There are no mysteries behind it. All those tales about it are myths that doesn't hold water. Superstitions superstitions and more superstitions!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by madridguy(m): 12:17pm On May 14, 2020
grin grin

Bacteriologist:
If you want to ascertain how much pastors sleep with their members. Check for the prevalence of dreadlocks in church where one of the pastors himself, has it.
Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Sammybase(m): 12:18pm On May 14, 2020
madridguy:
You are celestial or Cherubum grin

Non of the above in fact we don't like them 1 bit..
And we are not fans of all this spiritual story and miracle

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by dayleke: 12:19pm On May 14, 2020
informationNaija:
Any mystery behind dreadlocks(dada), is it a natural gift, superstition or is it spiritual. Let's discuss.

All of d above.

You forgot to mention fashion too.
Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Sammybase(m): 12:19pm On May 14, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
[s][/s]
Something else worried her. It's trash

Wen you want to quote somebody bros always use your brain please...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by silverkings: 12:19pm On May 14, 2020
Olarewaju89:
All na religions believe. There is no where in the Bible that you will find Dada, yes no where.
Samson and John the Baptist had Dada (Nazarites)

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by doggedfighter(f): 12:19pm On May 14, 2020
Harllaby:
It pises me off when I see the way some fellows thinks. Some just dish out comment like a programmed robot being controlled by religion indoctrination.
Op, the bias is deeply rooted in traditional religious beliefs and myths, especially in this part of Nigeria. Often times, people with dada are tagged negatively in likes of mentally challenged person, Yahoo guys, mad person.

These superstitions and beliefs ignite fear and portraited evil in the society which have been deeply entrenched into people's mind and certain religious group renforced the belief among their followers. Only certain people who questioned their culture and belief become emancipated from their culture and religion dogma.

So if you like dada hairstyle, feel free to go make one for yourself. Dreadlock is the style name. Basket mouth, Olamide, Rema, Flavor, formal Psquare, Zlanta once rock the hairstyles and some are still rocking it. No spirituality, no cause, no negativity, it just vibe, trend and lifestyle
Spoken wisely. Religion fills them with fear of even harmless things that means nothing

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by MansoryMX(m): 12:19pm On May 14, 2020
SKhanmi:
Would have loved to reply the poster above but looking through his statements again ,one can hear the uninformed religious society speaking as usual, coupled with his escape clause about carnal minds not being able to comprehend. Smh.

To others reading this, Man is not just a PHYSICAL BEING of meat & bone. He has other bodies, up to 7 to the best of my knowledge, now the black man is more naturally attuned to the spiritual realm than the other races and as such possess different gifts that other races have to train hard to get. The white garment churches know the usefulness of that type of hair even if they eventually chose to pervert it for their own uses. Ever wondered why Moses, Elijah & most prophets are portrayed with very long beards & long hair? It is based on the same premise. Find that out and you'll get your answer. The black man's bane is ignorance, preferring to ignore his soul, his roots & identity for a pseudo one and then turn around to blame the world for treating him like turd. Knowledge is really power & the black man unfortunately is not ready to learn anytime soon.

You sound intelligent and someone fit to drop this bomb for. What if one day you wake up and discover the Bible and Quran are just books, an interesting books and nothing more.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'? by Poorboy41: 12:19pm On May 14, 2020
Queenji is responsible, it is a highly occultic
They are being possessed with evil spirit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano / We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.